PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Ryan Dunn

Boxerman08
06-20-2011, 09:34 AM
WEST GOSHEN, Pa. -- Ryan Dunn, one of the stars of the TV and movie series "Jackass," was killed early Monday in a car accident in Pennsylvania.

April Margera, mother of Dunn's "Jackass" costar Bam Margera, confirmed to TMZ that Dunn was killed in a single-car accident at around 3:00am Monday in West Goshen, Pa., about 35 miles (56 kilometers) west of Philadelphia. He was 34 years old.

One other person died in the crash involving Dunn's 2007 Porsche. The other person was not identified and it was not immediately known who was driving at the time of the accident.

Read more HERE (http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/jackass_star_ryan_dunn_dies_in_car_n1cBuuemKYuyYC6 R2drcVI#ixzz1PpoZEqBs)

skHate88
06-20-2011, 10:00 AM
that fucking sucks
i'm not really a fan of the whole jackass/cky thing anymore but he was certainly an inspiration to me in my earlier and easily impressionable years
atleast he didn't die old and grey
still..shoulda woulda coulda been bam first!

thesignguy
06-20-2011, 10:04 AM
that fucking sucks
i'm not really a fan of the whole jackass/cky thing anymore but he was certainly an inspiration to me in my earlier and easily impressionable years
atleast he didn't die old and grey
still..shoulda woulda coulda been bam first!

this

but i'm almost 4 years older than him

NotedDerk
06-20-2011, 10:05 AM
A sad day.

skHate88
06-20-2011, 10:11 AM
http://ll-media.tmz.com/2011/06/20/0620-ryan-car-assetr.jpg

thesignguy
06-20-2011, 10:12 AM
I expect a animated gif by end of today

NotedDerk
06-20-2011, 10:17 AM
"The dude was a complete Jack ass......right?
How did you think his life was going to end.
At least now he won't be teaching our kids that being an idiot has it's rewards.
Moron......kills someone too.
Later fool..."

This was one of the comments on the MTV article about his death, just wow.

skHate88
06-20-2011, 10:23 AM
I expect a animated gif by end of today

i got the crash scene footage but no gif as of yet...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KokE2QSL-ZM

emericaridr11
06-20-2011, 10:40 AM
DAMN what a bummer, I liked Dunn

I guess thats why you dont drink and drive.... and in a fast ass car like a Porsche to boot

Damn Shame!

Mathiys
06-20-2011, 10:45 AM
Shitty. He was the coolest one too. Too sad.

Techn9cianforlife
06-20-2011, 11:03 AM
I thought the dude was funny, made me laugh a lot while watching Street Dreams, but I can't be too sympathetic when there was drunk driving involved. Either way, RIP.

Ayreon
06-20-2011, 12:24 PM
Dam man that sucks. He was funny shit.

Razorlike Blue
06-20-2011, 12:33 PM
The circumstances of this whole thing sucks. Though he will be missed, despite his foolishness.

Seanne1986
06-20-2011, 12:40 PM
It's damn sad indeed.. He was imo the funniest and most respected guy of the whole Jackass team etc. However I read some where that it's still unofficial of who drove the car and what's caused the accident. My regards to Dunn's family and friends :(

SK8ERatWAR
06-20-2011, 12:49 PM
fuck, i loved that guy..
r.i.p. buddy

Boxerman08
06-20-2011, 12:54 PM
I'm really bummed out about his death... I've watched Street Dreams like not even a month ago, and the dude made me laugh so much. Saw Jackass 3D when it came out and fuck was it funny (imo anyways, not everyone enjoys what they do). But when I saw the news about his death, I couldn't even believe it. Even though the jackass crew do some crazy shit, sometimes near death stuff, I wasn't expecting that. Sucks that his life had to end so young. RIP

At least now he won't be teaching our kids that being an idiot has it's rewards.
Later fool..."

I can't believe that dude said that......

PedoBear
06-20-2011, 02:07 PM
I've Been Watching Viva La Bam And Crap Since 2005, Im Super Sad Now. The Rode That He Crashed On Was On The Way To MY Sister's Old House In West Chester

bengrover
06-20-2011, 02:18 PM
Deffinitely didn't expect Dunn to go first outta the Jackass guys. Very unexpected and shocking. He always managed to entertain me.

RIP.

m.seven
06-20-2011, 02:23 PM
damn,man.been watching this dude's crazy stuff since the landspeed vid(or cky 1,however you look at it).tragic way to go out.
R.I.P. Dunn

Seanne1986
06-20-2011, 02:30 PM
Had to honour him by watching Jackass 3D. Won't be the same without him. Gonna miss his beard man..

Monk
06-20-2011, 03:30 PM
he definitely wasnt my first choice to go out of the group. as much as i disliked street dreams, i think im gonna have to watch it again since he was one of the few ppl in it that kept me from shutting it off midway. hes got a new show coming up on g4 with that hot chick i forgot her name. i wonder if they are going to go ahead and air the episodes they already have made for it.

Boxerman08
06-20-2011, 09:19 PM
he definitely wasnt my first choice to go out of the group. as much as i disliked street dreams, i think im gonna have to watch it again since he was one of the few ppl in it that kept me from shutting it off midway. hes got a new show coming up on g4 with that hot chick i forgot her name. i wonder if they are going to go ahead and air the episodes they already have made for it.

that would be sick if they aired the show, but weird at the same time... I can't really put it into words why it would be wierd, but watching the old jackass stuff and all those other hilarious movies he has made will not be the same anymore (imo) ..

PedoBear
06-20-2011, 10:50 PM
that would be sick if they aired the show, but weird at the same time... I can't really put it into words why it would be wierd, but watching the old jackass stuff and all those other hilarious movies he has made will not be the same anymore (imo) ..

They Already Filmed 8 Episodes But They Are Put On Hold For Now Until His Death News Has Settled Down :(

DonVigo
06-20-2011, 11:34 PM
I will say he was the only one I really cared for out of the entire Dumbass army. I mean, Bam in his Toy Machine Am days, maybe...

But, he, and all those guys have chosen a lifestyle, and sadly, dying young tends to run with a lot of it.

I raise my beer to what I'm hoping was a man who lead a short, but happy life. May we all enjoy as much of our own as he probably did his.

Slamooh
06-21-2011, 12:56 AM
its sad and all but considering how he destroyed his car... his driving wasn't safe...

replicant
06-21-2011, 05:23 AM
Never cared for the Jackass/CKY (and similar retard shit), but it sucks when anyone dies.
I figured Steve-O would have been the first one out the door.

Corpsey
06-21-2011, 05:45 AM
Later fool..."

Well, it's true. Yes, it's sad when anyone dies. But when you have some loser drinking and speeding, this is what happens. I feel no sympathy for people who do stupid shit like this.

fallingskyline
06-21-2011, 05:51 AM
sad he's gone may he rest in piece.
this is a tragic loss, but on the other hand i have zero tolerance for people drinkin' and drivin'...

skHate88
06-21-2011, 06:08 AM
3 light beers and 3 'girly shots' in the space of 4 hours is hardly a session, i've drank more than that before i got behind the wheel, i'm not happy about it i'm just saying i have and i was fine, probably because i don't drive a car that's so easy to kill yourself in.
owning a car like that and driving it the way dunn did... it was just a matter of time, drunk or not.

mamba12
06-21-2011, 11:36 AM
he's an amateur racer. track days and all that shit. it would be silly to call him a bad driver.

skHate88
06-21-2011, 02:44 PM
i wouldn't call lewis hamilton a bad driver, but he has his crashes.

mamba12
06-21-2011, 02:49 PM
true. but i don't think there would be nearly as many insensitive 'he was a jackass' comments if hamilton died in a crash.

skHate88
06-21-2011, 02:51 PM
because he's not in jackass
maybe he'll be the replacement

Cacty
06-21-2011, 04:35 PM
Well at least he died doing something he loved, being a jackass.

R.I.P. Random Hero

skHate88
06-21-2011, 04:43 PM
http://www.tmrzoo.com/2011/26176

saunders420
06-21-2011, 05:04 PM
http://www.tmrzoo.com/2011/26176

bad news

DonVigo
06-21-2011, 09:21 PM
he's an amateur racer. track days and all that shit. it would be silly to call him a bad driver.

Good drivers keep it on the track. Just saying.

replicant
06-21-2011, 09:50 PM
http://www.tmrzoo.com/2011/26176Maybe now Westboro Baptist will get the ass whippings they deserve.

DonVigo
06-21-2011, 10:15 PM
As far as Westboro goes, I wish I could re-hash all that MLK Jr. misquote junk that came around the OBL death...

... But fuck those assholes, right in their assholes...

Techn9cianforlife
06-21-2011, 10:58 PM
Good drivers keep it on the track. Just saying.

It's rumored that who ever was driving, was going 120mph in a 55mph area. I don't care how "good" of a driver you are..the area is 55mph for a reason.
As for the Westboro people...yeah, I can see someone from that group getting severely hurt. I know if someone was disrespecting my close friend/family member like that...I'd get very pissed off and start kicking some serious ass.

DonVigo
06-21-2011, 11:04 PM
I heard 130 on the news today. Like I said, if you know what you're doing, you know where to do it. NOT on the roads.

thesignguy
06-22-2011, 07:33 AM
Hard to judge before the facts, if "what has been reported" on what he had to drink is true then I think he was ok to drive. If he was x2 the legal limit and coked up I might feel dif. I can't be the only one to think those guys remind me of me and my friends. I have video tapes of me and my friends fuckin shit up too. So if he deserved it so did a majority of the youth today. As for the speed, I have had almost every car I own north of 100mph and 2 that I can think of faster than what is reported. And none of them were on a track so mostly 55-65 is the posted speed so I cant blame him there either. On the other end I have also been 130 in a super gas chasis race car in the quarter mile at a track. I think when you go past 90 in any vehicle you know in the back of your head the consequences, on the track or the road. I don't think a car is that unstable at high speeds especially a $100,000+ Porsche. Maybe he shouldn't of mixed the 2 together but I have been in similar circumstances and probably will again. So far I can't see were he deserved it and I feel sorry for anyone involved.

Skatehead
06-22-2011, 07:49 AM
What's done is dunn...

Seanne1986
06-22-2011, 08:05 AM
WBC sure takes disrespect to a whole other level that's for sure.. but check this out.. even fans disrespect him by taking parts of the crashed vehicle and sells it on ebay.. I mean what the fuck?? what a bunch of dicks.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBSpGXyji1I

And another link about WBC.... http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/167269/20110622/ryan-dunn-death-dead-westboro-baptist-church-protest-public-service-memorial.htm fucking disgrace

skHate88
06-22-2011, 08:52 AM
ryan dunn tribute show on radio bam with a fucking great story about a boat....

http://megaupload.com/?d=P8EFOGRN

robley
06-22-2011, 12:37 PM
while it is sad when anyone, anywhere dies...

having a BAC double the limit and driving between 130 and 140mph on a dark rural highway definitely means you're going to die.

DonVigo
06-22-2011, 07:26 PM
Wouldn't do it today, but when I was 16-17 I had a turbo 1996 Subaru Legacy that I got up to around 125-130 in a 55 a few times. Was not drunk, was not dark, but still dangerous and stupid.

This is all so shitty, seeing Bam cry hit me somewhere weird, made me all emotional and disgusted... It was like watching I Am Sam with 1 man 1 jar in a picture in picture or something.

I think the fastest I've ever hit was in the neighborhood of 160 or so, and I know I've been north of 100 on public highways more than anyone would call average. But, let's be pragmatic... Poor choices lead to poor outcomes. Driving that fast, in the dark, on a twisty road is dangerous regardless of your sobriety level. Not to say "he deserves to die," but that was the consequence to the poor choice in behavior.

And as far as that pile of Bam crying goes... I was hoping to witness that firsthand one day when I kicked him in the nuts for being such an abismal example of skateboarding.

As much as I enjoyed CKY and all it's offshoots in my younger years, and did some dumb things myself, those folks have chosen a certian lifestyle, and been very overrewaeded for it. An entire generation has had TV make that behavior seem acceptable by how accessable/common it is, and our society only stands to lose as a result. If there's one positive thing from this tragedy, maybe it'll be a wake up call to the Jackass crew and their fans that risky behavior carries real consequences.

Mathiys
06-23-2011, 12:04 AM
His Blood Alcohol level was like .129, twice the legal limit. Still very sad regardless of how it happened and it's easy for someone to say it isn't sad, when it's not someone close to them.

jest118
06-23-2011, 01:48 PM
I agree with Stoked on this. People have and will do "jackass" type crap regardless of a TV show.

And Bam is a better skateboarder than most will ever be in their lives. Sure he's a dick but there's tons of dicks in the world. No need to single him out for it.

Stevland
06-24-2011, 03:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upTiehMcnwU

replicant
06-24-2011, 03:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upTiehMcnwUNow Wee Man has a "Thatch Covered Cock Garage" too!

bengrover
06-24-2011, 10:33 AM
I don't know where all these blood alc. level numbers are coming from. My understanding is that the tests for that wouldn't be available for four to six weeks.

I think thats the toxicology reports or something that determines weather there was any other substances (drugs basically) in his system. From what I heard that will tell you exactly what he had in him at the time of the crash. The alchohol blood level can be done in couple hours I'm led to believe, which just shows numbers.

Don't agree with people sayin he killed himself and took Zacks life with him. If you chose to get in a car with a driver you know to be under the influence of drugs or alchohol, I believe it's as much your responsability for what happens to you as the driver. Unless someone points a gun to your head and says get in.

Stupid, yes, but still a tragedy.

DonVigo
06-24-2011, 12:46 PM
I agree with Stoked on this. People have and will do "jackass" type crap regardless of a TV show.

And Bam is a better skateboarder than most will ever be in their lives. Sure he's a dick but there's tons of dicks in the world. No need to single him out for it.

A) Risk versus reward behaviors. The "Jackass" crew was paid well above and beyond the normal level of reward for their risky behavior. Major media influences many people. Seeing someone unduly rewarded for risky behavior shows it in a certain light, and major media portrayal will influence some people to see it as such. Period.

No shit people did dumb crap before this phase of televised entertainment began, but it was just usually something that someone came up with on their own to get a laugh or something. You'd have to be pretty ignorant not to know that. However, the media shows so few consequences to the behaviors and risks that are on display, and makes multi-millionaires out of the people performing the dangerous acts. Face it guys: Kids do the dumb shit they see famous people do on TV. I stand by my thought that this, if nothing else, serves to right that risk and reward imbalance. It's not a cause and effect thing by miles, just a portion of both. Yes, it's sad someone died young, but pragmatically speaking, it goes to show that leading a risky lifestyle can have dangerous consequences.

B) Bam Margera is better at skateboarding than most people, but he's a godawful example of a skateboarder. I was a fan of him in his younger years, when he was the am on Toy Machine doing new and impressive things on his skateboard. The fact he's "a dick" doesn't play into my disdain for him... It's the media figure he allowed himself to become, letting skateboarding take a backseat. Had he still been putting out awesome footage and getting spreads in magazines, or even doing well on some contest circuit in tandem with the success of his non-skateboarding he would still be respected in the skateboarding community. But, that new and impressive stuff he USED to do only served as a launchpad for all the crap he's done since, and as he gained his initial fame via skateboarding, the mainstream media still lumps him in as one of us. Fact is, he more or less abandoned skateboarding to peruse... Uh... Acting?! Whatever you'd call his current career, yet he's still one of the biggest names in the sport. He's almost the Larry Gaga of skating. He's not a famous skateboarder for skateboarding any more than Gaga is famous for being anywhere near a decent musical artist. It's all superficial shit glorified in the name of something I hold above that debased level of superficiality.

In summary - Media has made the behaviors of the Jackass crew more appealing to attempt by some by rewarding said behaviors beyond typical means. Media DOES carry influence over more people than anyone would call normal. Very rarely does said media bother to show nearly the consequences that would balance out the level of reward it offers. For once, those easily influenced by media have something tangible to connect with those consequences. NO, TV didn't make people act dangerously, but it did, for some, entice, justify, or encourage people to behave poorly.

And fuck Bam Margera.

emericaridr11
06-24-2011, 12:51 PM
B) Bam Margera is a godaweful example of a skateboarder. I was a fan of him in his younger years, when he was the am on Toy Machine doing new and impressive things on his skateboard.
SWEET...... sorry