HD viewing available on Vimeo website: http://www.vimeo.com/25679822

http://www.vimeo.com/25679822

-R

Sickone
06-27-2011, 03:39 PM
So sick

Wiltzuh
06-27-2011, 03:49 PM
Woahh...real good stuff in this video. Always nice to see your new footage =)

jerr bear
06-27-2011, 10:38 PM
If it only resembled Appleyard...

Was just a guys' solo to me.. and not so special either.

Roke
06-28-2011, 04:54 AM
haha right on Maurice.

hebrewsfl
06-28-2011, 11:21 AM
you are too good at what you do

Techn9cianforlife
06-28-2011, 11:29 AM
What I dont get is why you put the Element logo at the end

jerr bear
06-28-2011, 12:13 PM
I dunno man, maybe it's that I've always loved Appleyard's stuff.
This instead felt like (another) Vibez solo...

briden
06-28-2011, 12:31 PM
I'm with jerr on this one, the whole Appleyard theme was kinda weird with no real Appleyard influences in the skating.

What I dont get is why you put the Element logo at the end

Probably because Appleyard is on element, but what I don't get is why there's a flip logo at the beginning.

robley
06-28-2011, 12:37 PM
i'm with jerrell and briden on this. it's like saunders' carroll solo. if you're going to make an appleyard video, why not make it an appleyard video? nothing about the tricks, edit, or song choice resembled appleyard in any way. it was good, don't get me wrong, but it wasn't appleyard.

xI blisk Ix
06-28-2011, 01:42 PM
Good vid didn't feel the apple tho.

Ayreon
06-28-2011, 02:38 PM
yah I just watched it as another fake skate vid. Filming was dam good and it was well put together. I was thinking of doing a haslam vid but getting the skating style the same its really tricky.still good vid man

Roke
06-28-2011, 02:59 PM
I'm with jerr on this one, the whole Appleyard theme was kinda weird with no real Appleyard influences in the skating.

Probably because Appleyard is on element, but what I don't get is why there's a flip logo at the beginning.

Mind fuck worked!

And yes I know it wasn't pure Apple as he rarely skates switch. Nollie though.. <3

Roke
06-28-2011, 03:05 PM
i'm with jerrell and briden on this. it's like saunders' carroll solo. if you're going to make an appleyard video, why not make it an appleyard video? nothing about the tricks, edit, or song choice resembled appleyard in any way. it was good, don't get me wrong, but it wasn't appleyard.

Thank you sincerely for the kind words. I have only one question though:

"Why do Manolo and Saunders get 'pure' praise when their pro vids didn't resemble the skater they chose?"

I ask for reference purposes as I do not purport to making anything as well as those two. But if these edits are about resembling the pro in question, I haven't seen one yet.

briden
06-28-2011, 03:27 PM
This kind of stuff only effects the people who follow IRL skating. People who just play the game won't know about Appleyard's penchant for nollieflips or something like that. I don't know which manolo vid you're talking about, but I said roughly the same thing about sanders's video.

...why use carrol? There were a few carrol-esque tricks throughout, but some of the stuff felt out of place.

jerr bear
06-28-2011, 04:12 PM
What I said on Saunders' video.

Needs more fs shuv to be considered Carroll :P

fo'real tho

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z125/Darknesz_bucket/problem.png

Roke
06-28-2011, 04:40 PM
point taken. Thanks for clearing that up.

emericaridr11
06-28-2011, 06:24 PM
"How do you like them Apples?"

Love them

I dont know I understand that you see Appleyard and expect to see his style, but you have done a few of these videos with Pros that still have your normal shit in there......
I just dont think people take that into account, I love seeing your norms so I am Pleased

always

robley
06-29-2011, 12:24 AM
i said the same thing to saunders, and i haven't commented on any of manolo's stuff for over a year. i think manolo may, just in general from those who do comment, get "pure praise" just based off of how long he's been around and the reputation he's built for himself.

Slamooh
06-29-2011, 01:12 AM
Thank you sincerely for the kind words. I have only one question though:

"Why do Manolo and Saunders get 'pure' praise when their pro vids didn't resemble the skater they chose?"

I ask for reference purposes as I do not purport to making anything as well as those two. But if these edits are about resembling the pro in question, I haven't seen one yet.

you re absolutely right. Only a few "pro" videos work as videos resembling the pro in question, no big deal. But, in my opinion, considering saunders or manolo, they make their videos feel like skateboarding with consistent edits, clever trick selection and music choices most of the time. i rarely felt this way about your videos.

Roke
06-29-2011, 06:11 AM
i rarely felt this way about your videos.

As one of the fake skaters I've looked up to since the inception, thank you sincerely for your honesty as I always suspected this ^.

Cheers