PDA

View Full Version : X Games Real Street (it doesn't suck I promise)

briden
06-28-2011, 04:17 PM
X games got a lot less lame, 16 new 1-minute parts.

http://espn.go.com/action/xgames/realstreet/2011/

replicant
06-28-2011, 07:28 PM
1st Round
Left: Dylan Reider, Daewon Song, Louie Barletta, Tom Asta
Right: Ryan Decenzo, Zered Bassett, Billy Marks, Joey Brezinski

2nd Round
Left: Daewon Song, Tom Asta
Right: Ryan Decenzo, Joey Brezinksi

3rd Round
Left: Daewon Song
Right: Ryan Decenzo

Winner - Daewon Song

I don't even need to watch their parts for this prediction.
Although, to me Tommy Sandoval has the best style of the bunch. :)

xI blisk Ix
06-28-2011, 08:09 PM
1st Round
Left: Dylan Reider, Daewon Song, Louie Barletta, Tom Asta
Right: Ryan Decenzo, Zered Bassett, Billy Marks, Joey Brezinski

2nd Round
Left: Daewon Song, Tom Asta
Right: Ryan Decenzo, Joey Brezinksi

3rd Round
Left: Daewon Song
Right: Ryan Decenzo

Winner - Daewon Song

I don't even need to watch their parts for this prediction.
Although, to me Tommy Sandoval has the best style of the bunch. :)

I'm surprised you picked Asta. I love him but its a really tough match up asta vs westgate.

briden
06-28-2011, 09:48 PM
I love louie barletta to death, but his part doesn't even come close to Silas. I felt this was the only one-sided matchup.

Agree with blisk about Asta, but I've never been a fan of him to begin with.

knexzor
06-29-2011, 03:50 AM
Rieder, Schultz, Silas (breaks my heart, Barletta's part was amazing too), Westgate.
Sandoval, Zered, Marks, Joey.

Wiltzuh
06-29-2011, 04:06 AM
Rieder vs Khalsa: Dylan takes with style and huge pop ! Winner: Dylan Rieder
Schultz vs. Song: Dammit ! Schultz has became my fav skater recently but he has no chance against dae ;( Winner: Dae
Silas vs. Barletta: I love Louie but Silas is SotY...he's simply SICK. Winner: Silas Baxter-Neal
Westgate vs. Asta: Just watched Westgates part in Stay Gold and Astas part from Strange World. No doubt about winner: Westgate
Decenzo vs. Sandoval: Sick ol' Sandoval is getting old and Decenzo is getting sicker by age. I hardly say this but winner: Decenzo
Basset vs. Tave: Tave !
Marks vs. Stanton: Billy has used to fail in competitions but because this is kinda best part competition i'm sure he's going to win even Stanton is also sick ! Winner: BILLY !
Reed vs. Brezinski: Is Reed Pro !? I thought this was competition for pros ? I don't know but Brezinski is going to win that =) Winner: Joey Brezinski

replicant
06-29-2011, 04:31 AM
I'm surprised you picked Asta. I love him but its a really tough match up asta vs westgate.To me Westgate was just too frantic, but I'm not knocking him it was good. For me it felt like a Busenitz style part and it didn't work for me. Asta I enjoy watching and his part was more chill even if lacking on some tricks. Bangers really brought it home for me and I thought Asta really took it home there even with that Beasty ender by Westgate.

replicant
06-29-2011, 04:33 AM
Is Reed Pro !?Reed has been Pro for 1-2 years now.

Wiltzuh
06-29-2011, 03:45 PM
Okay just watched them all and only i changed was Marks vs Stanton...Marks wasnt that good i expected. But Stanton...yeah he had nice !

And another disappointment: WTF Louie Barletta. That video must be a joke...damn he did nothing in that video. Just cruised around BCN. I appreciate Louie. He's awsome skater but DAMN !
It's X-games and the guy is joking. There would have been so many other pro's who would have liked to be in this competition.

xRiverKing
06-29-2011, 08:42 PM
Just bangers.......

I thought Louie had a very hot vid, huge fan and it was just up his alley, but it doesn't belong in this comp.

Joey was awesome, tornado's were smooth, edit was cool too. He and Daewon would make a good round.

Silas, meh, back tail on the block extension and overcrook were cool.

Marks didn't bang as hard as usual, still had a hot stash.

Asta was cool. Back tail bigflip out was tight..

Westgate was raw.

Wiltzuh
06-30-2011, 01:35 AM
Westgate was raw.

That's all you should have said =)

DonVigo
06-30-2011, 09:59 AM
Dude, this is an awesome concept! I'm almost done with my first round of votes, but only wanna share two things rather than hit a full play-by-play.

1) It's unfortunate for Anthony Shultz that he was paired with Daewon in round 1. His part could have killed a lot of what I've voted for in the other rounds, but it's just about impossible to top the Dae at this one.

2) Billy Marks didn't get my vote. His skating was okay, but I'll be damned if I encourage anyone with one of those shitty "ironic" hipster moustaches. Remember kids: If it looks ugly, it's just ugly. You're not cooler for doing it anyway. Get a razor, make some new footy, and call me.

bohemian
06-30-2011, 11:07 AM
only seen dylans part. it was sik as expected.

xI blisk Ix
06-30-2011, 10:36 PM
To me Westgate was just too frantic, but I'm not knocking him it was good. For me it felt like a Busenitz style part and it didn't work for me. Asta I enjoy watching and his part was more chill even if lacking on some tricks. Bangers really brought it home for me and I thought Asta really took it home there even with that Beasty ender by Westgate.

I really can't tell who is better westgate or asta but I love them both so much. I remember the day Asta went pro for mystery.

replicant
07-01-2011, 12:29 AM
I really can't tell who is better westgate or asta but I love them both so much. I remember the day Asta went pro for mystery.Yeah, it is a very tough call. Asta just rips to me. Dude comes across as pretty cool as well. I loved his pro mystery part.

FullyFl4RED00
07-01-2011, 02:53 PM
Ryan decenso went harder than all of them with nothing but bangers! And Joey went tech tech tech! Honestly its between those two in my mind

Skatehead
07-01-2011, 03:23 PM
Westgate, Bassett, and Brezinski....All day.

Monk
07-03-2011, 06:46 PM
unless its anything like the LOVE park real street; i cant vote on anyone because ESPN is gonna jack up any location on the globe for street with ramps and rails like they did LOVE; its not REAL street at all. i am waiting for ESPN to prove me wrong.

briden
07-03-2011, 11:33 PM
unless its anything like the LOVE park real street; i cant vote on anyone because ESPN is gonna jack up any location on the globe for street with ramps and rails like they did LOVE; its not REAL street at all. i am waiting for ESPN to prove me wrong.

Did you watch the vids? It's nothing like the love park/city hall xgames contest.

RedScharlach
07-04-2011, 08:24 AM
being that some people can't even be bothered to watch a single one I'm not surprised nobody's noticed this but... Louie's part is titled "A Day In Barcelona" and it seems to be an honest title (he's wearing the same clothes the whole time, etc)....admittedly it's nowhere near the level of bangers per minute in the other parts, but the fact that it was filmed in a single day definitely balances that out in my mind...Louie Barletta is one of my absolute favorite skaters to watch, because even clips of him bailing or just chilling are fun to see because he's always having fun...this part is an argument in favor of skating as a pursuit of self expression and good times, which is obviously a very different mindset from most if not all the other parts, which are about the singular pursuit of tricks, usually as difficult as possible and attempted with a mind set towards self-overcoming, mastery of one's body and environment, and general gnarliness...Louie's not arguing against this mindset, by the way, just proposing an alternative, within the context of the competition that is....of course most skaters are into creativity and good times too, but Louie's saying "we can bring those things into competitions too, if we wanted"

Roccityroller
07-04-2011, 08:03 PM
I forgot about this, they did this last year too, forgot who won, I'll have to watch these later on.

Jack
07-05-2011, 07:32 PM
Song
Westgate
Brezinski
Decenzo

Zered vs Decenzo is actually a really tough call for me.
Dylan has a ton of style but his trick selection just does not stand up to Daewon.
Westgate could win it all if I was the only person voting. I'm just stunned by his skating. Zoo York, then Stay Gold, then New Shoe (mind blowing) and now another full fucking minute of madness. Westgate for skater of the year 2012.
Decenzo is crazy good, not as much style as Zered, but just a tiny bit better.

No idea about the next round.

replicant
07-26-2011, 04:21 AM
Westgate VS Marks = FINALS

Voted for Westgate, but only because his part was better than Marks.
Still think people got it wrong.
</shrug>

DonVigo
07-27-2011, 11:13 AM
Yup, I just gave my last vote to Westgate too. I'm a bit baffled by the way the voting went down, as I don't know how anyone could have beat Daewon, but Westgate's part was awesome enough not to be mad about it.

In all fairness, Westgate had a nice balanced part for trick selection and style. Marks has some impressive gaps, but two short bluntslides and two very techy boardslides just didn't get the grind factor I look for.

I have to say, between this, and the Street Leauge, I'm VERY pleased with what competitve skating is evolving into. As long as the vert contests never go away, I'll be a happy old man.

jest118
07-28-2011, 02:53 AM
Yup, I just gave my last vote to Westgate too. I'm a bit baffled by the way the voting went down, as I don't know how anyone could have beat Daewon, but Westgate's part was awesome enough not to be mad about it.

In all fairness, Westgate had a nice balanced part for trick selection and style. Marks has some impressive gaps, but two short bluntslides and two very techy boardslides just didn't get the grind factor I look for.

Uh.. because voting was done by fans. I'm sure SOME of the votes were based on the actual parts but for the most part, just like video game systems, kids will blindly back their favorites regardless.