PDA

View Full Version : Venice Pits (A Pandora Creation) (Xbox 360|DLC)

Ohmidineffect
06-29-2011, 09:27 PM
http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww28/Ohmidxwlwr/Picture24-2.png

What's up again guys, as you can see I've been given the opportunity to build with Pandora super stoked. At any rate, after I dropped EMB Demzilla requested that I did a Venice CAP similar to Buddah Blessed's Venice Sq. for us Xboxers. I studied "Mouse", Chad Muskas video part, scrolled through endless images, and even broke out my N64 for sometime with THPS2 and this is what I got. This isn't a perfect remake in terms of placement or anything just focused on getting the general feeling of it. No more words.

http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww28/Ohmidxwlwr/Picture23-2.png
Seaside 9/Hubba

http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww28/Ohmidxwlwr/Picture22-2.png
Stage in the graffitti pit.

http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww28/Ohmidxwlwr/Picture21-3.png
Chad Muskas Gap (Minus the ghetto blaster)

http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww28/Ohmidxwlwr/Picture20-4.png
The infamous bench ledges that surround the spot.

http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww28/Ohmidxwlwr/Picture18-3.png
I did my own take on the parking lots that are near by the pits.

http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww28/Ohmidxwlwr/Picture25-1.png
Shout outs to my CNBS teammates Mathiys and drawls for this spot, sand pits to hop and ledges hit by chris haslam in almost round 3.

Love it or hate it, all I'm asking is you skate it.
Oh and give feedback don't just rate it. :D

http://skate.ea.com/gallery?contentType=PARK&platform=xbox#itemId=1838617
Link and what not Enjoy!

cornflakes457
06-29-2011, 09:37 PM
First to get this my good sir. Are you doing a promo? As I'm already planning to get a bunch of clips in the coming hours I'd be honoured to be able to be involved in a promo with you fine sirs.

xRiverKing
06-29-2011, 09:48 PM
Looks really good, looks like you brought the feeling of venice but made it look different (great look).

Last 2 pics look like a lot of fun.

And.. welcome to Pandora man!

Ohmidineffect
06-29-2011, 09:51 PM
At riverking thanks man! I've got some original spots coming soon, I like remakes but original spots are the most fun for me. :D you better start building again!

At flakes nah I'm not doing a promo for this I really just built it for Demzilla hahah

MarcoPoloUSN
06-29-2011, 10:09 PM
You truly deserve to build for Pandora. Congratulations with that.

As for the park... sick as usual.

However the multicolored / shaded stair sets is way overused. I hate seeing it in every park. Its nice for 1 or 2 occasions, but I would hate for it to be in every single new park coming out these days.

You are incredibly creative with parks though. I skate everything from you and enjoy it.

Ohmidineffect
06-29-2011, 10:11 PM
Hahaha yeah I know I know But with custom stairs they look flat without the shading, I'mma try and find new way to do it, thanks for the feedbacks broseph, I had no idea you liked my parks dude!

pairsprowlin 666
06-29-2011, 10:11 PM
looks like a nice place but it doesn't remind me of Venice I skated it back in the day IrL ..nice though, probably sesh in a sec..

Ohmidineffect
06-29-2011, 10:14 PM
I know that's part of the reason why I don't like doing remakes it's hard to get the overall feel of the spot from just videos and pictures you have to have been there. But thanks man!

briden
06-29-2011, 10:57 PM
Looks sick, skates really good, lots of lines and, having never been there myself, I liked the vibe. But I gotta ask, why at night?

MarcoPoloUSN
06-29-2011, 11:05 PM
Hahaha yeah I know I know But with custom stairs they look flat without the shading, I'mma try and find new way to do it, thanks for the feedbacks broseph, I had no idea you liked my parks dude!

ah... i never thought about it that way. do what's best. May I make a request?

Request:
a main room with lots of shit to hit (a double set with a rail would be sick), lots of flat / down ledges, and mini grass gaps...
and then a smaller secret room, something you have to walk to, with flat bars.. custom benches.. and little gaps over movable objects.

..... just something to give you ideas. ^ A park with all that... I would skate it until the game dies.

Wiltzuh
06-30-2011, 01:32 AM
ah... i never thought about it that way. do what's best. May I make a request?

Request:
a main room with lots of shit to hit (a double set with a rail would be sick), lots of flat / down ledges, and mini grass gaps...
and then a smaller secret room, something you have to walk to, with flat bars.. custom benches.. and little gaps over movable objects.

..... just something to give you ideas. ^ A park with all that... I would skate it until the game dies.

No worries marco i'll do that =)

And ohmid ! Dudddee ! That park looks sick...i have always loved little modified real spot remakes. That's what i used to do =) I start to love all parks you're releasing. DAMMM

sarsparillo
06-30-2011, 03:46 AM
This looks great. I've really got to make a nighttime park.

I love the supports you used for the tables and the angled roof above the stage; it's small things like that that turn a pretty awesome park into a fucking awesome park.

bohemian
06-30-2011, 04:19 AM
i dunno, i cant see anything i recognize fom the real spot, and the most important feature is missing - graphitti all over
should have used a lot with no buildings aswell

Ohmidineffect
06-30-2011, 07:50 AM
At marco and wiltzuh already beat you both to it lol I have a Training facility that my other team is getting clips for a promo.

Sasparillo, those tables are definitely wiltzuhs creations I just borrowed em to make it seem more circular.

Briden, I saw the picture of chad muska hitting his gap and it was at dusk and I thought it looked cooler that way.

At bohemian, the graffiti is on the grates and the walls, also the ledges around the spot are almost instantly recognizable.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

bohemian
06-30-2011, 09:15 AM
hate to say it, but i stand by my post, i cant see anything cept the stage thats remotely similar. even the curbs are the wrong kind. i expect more from a "buildingteam"

i mean, this spot was purely a curbspot, if i wanted to film something there, id want it to be instantly recognizeable as venice pit from one short clip. that requires a perfect curb replica and graphittti. the surrounding round tables are a must as deco, as with the phallic sculpurethingy.

Ohmidineffect
06-30-2011, 10:05 AM
First and foremost I've got plenty of much better parks on this site, this one isn't my favorite, I built it for demzilla because he asked, I normally don't do remakes unless I can see alot of the spot.
Second off, as I said in the initial post this isn't a perfect remake, I tried very hard to get it down to a science, but there aren't too many pictures of the spot just really dated video that doesn't give the same feeling as being there, (Unlike EMB where there's tons of pictures, videos etc.)
Third alot of the things your asking for are not easy to get. The round tables, I tried building them, either you get no seats or HUGE tables, both ways they'd be decorative, and I wanna be able to skate things I build.

And since you didn't see the sculpture thing I take it you didn't download the park, because that piece is there in the pit there's just no pic of it. Give it a download and then do some judging bro, pictures won't do it justice!

Thanks for the feed back though.

bohemian
06-30-2011, 10:56 AM
ok man i will dl it when i get home, and sorry if im harsh.. i appriciate your efforts and i never make parks so who am i to complain?

Mathiys
06-30-2011, 11:12 AM
hate to say it, but i stand by my post, i cant see anything cept the stage thats remotely similar. even the curbs are the wrong kind. i expect more from a "buildingteam"

i mean, this spot was purely a curbspot, if i wanted to film something there, id want it to be instantly recognizeable as venice pit from one short clip. that requires a perfect curb replica and graphittti. the surrounding round tables are a must as deco, as with the phallic sculpurethingy.

First off. The 2 sequential floor gaps are exactly like they are IRL. Granted the ledges don't look the same, But you can only do so much. The stage area is nearly exact, minus graffiti since they don't let you do a whole lot with the graffiti pieces.

And originally this spot was a ledge spot. not a "Curb Spot". Mad Props, Ohmid.

old-skooler-34
06-30-2011, 11:24 AM
Great job man, park looks like alot of fun no doubt!

adda89ldn
06-30-2011, 11:24 AM
this looks really really good!

bohemian
06-30-2011, 11:41 AM
originally this spot was a ledge spot. not a "Curb Spot".

semantics. im from norway. gimmeabreak. curb/ledge.. same shit in my dictionary

briden
06-30-2011, 12:02 PM
First off. The 2 sequential floor gaps are exactly like they are IRL. Granted the ledges don't look the same, But you can only do so much.

Tbh I was pretty disappointed with this section. There's so much footage of it available, I thought it would turn out more like the real spot. But it seems that part was done last, so maybe space restrictions? It's still fun to skate.

I see what bohemian is saying about the ledges, I was hoping they would look like this @ 1:18 (best angle I ever remember seeing)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N3U04ZeRWE&feature=player_embedded#at=78

But I don't think they were bad enough to complain about.

Renegade
06-30-2011, 01:41 PM
You are amazing bro. I've been waiting for this since last week and you definitely didn't disappoint. You're a perfect fit for Pandora and never fail to impress me.

FullyFl4RED00
06-30-2011, 02:58 PM
I think The ledges are about as accurate as you could make them in CAP. If you were to make the base more skinny by using say...an ag wedge ledge...the bottom of the fancy ledges used for the top would stick out and look retarded. The only difference is the width of the base of the ledge but its unreasonable to complain about that because there are limitations to what can be done in cap and this is one of them. I legitimately cannot think of a way to make the base skinny with the top still being the same size (which is the most important part because its what you skate). The ledges were made as close to the rl ledges as possible.

Ohmid this spot is solid man fantastic job!!!

Ohmidineffect
06-30-2011, 09:46 PM
Thanks all! Honestly I know this isn't my greatest work ever It was just a request so I put forth an effort, I built tony hawks pro skater 2's venice back in november and uploaded/deleted it before I knew of the forums so I thought it'd be fun to try the real thing. If anyone wants to try and get a better one you're welcome to try, pairsprowlins been there and is a great builder so there;s a start lol.

replicant
07-01-2011, 12:30 AM
Looks snazzy. Booked to play soon.

I sever heads
07-01-2011, 01:42 AM
Looks pretty cool! I see some people complaining bout it not looking like the real spot but its ok it will NEVER be perfect in cap. I wish that ive been here in real life to tell but with the countless times ive been to venice ive never seen this shit :( i was always consumed with buying peices on the boardwalk. Anyway ill check this park and ur other new one whenever my internet decides to come back

doobskie
07-01-2011, 10:46 AM
booked to try later! by the pics it looks quite nice! that stage is perfect!

don't have much of anything to say in regards to how close it is to the real thing, but what you said in the OP about getting the FEEL of it, it looks like you did that very well from what little i've seen of the real thing

ThaD3UCE420
07-02-2011, 09:57 AM
Ohmid you definetly raised the bar with this park, amazing ledges in this masterful CAP.

Skatehead
07-02-2011, 10:23 AM
Great job on trying to replicate really famous 90's spot....
But Imma have to go with eflixx on this one, graffiti and surrounding area played a huge factor when ppl would see the footage back when and automatically click that, thats indeed the venice pits...
This is one im going to DL and judge myself, but regardless great shot at a replica.

ay platypus
07-02-2011, 11:20 AM
best park yet man!!!!

MF JORDAN
07-02-2011, 08:46 PM
THPS 2 love that game. nice job on this keep of the good work.

Phobia
07-05-2011, 12:36 PM
looks awesome, bookmarked. :)

irydebmx4130
08-06-2011, 08:49 PM
looks real good keep up the good work