PDA

View Full Version : me in slow motion

thebullet
07-02-2011, 02:37 PM
I didn't make this. A buddy of mine wanted to try messing around with super slowmotion so I went with him to the skate park to film some stuff. I was skating like dogshit that day, so didn't really do any good tricks, but the video turned out a lot cooler then I was expecting.

http://vimeo.com/25909120

http://vimeo.com/25909120

fallingskyline
07-02-2011, 02:45 PM
looks good

heshfield
07-02-2011, 07:50 PM
wow thats some crazy slow slo-mo--has a really cool look to it too.

thesignguy
07-02-2011, 07:57 PM
Holy shit you are such a rock star
And you have the sexy shorts to prove it

NotedDerk
07-02-2011, 09:05 PM
that was sick, and you did my favorite flat bar trick, feeb 180 out, as it is the only semi-tech trick I know on one besides the basic slides.

by the way, do you have any tips for switch noseblunts?
I try them on occasion when I go outside of my normal bag of tricks for tranny and I can never lock them in, basically every attempt is me falling forward to the ground and my board sliding off the coping and rolling off the other side. I try putting all my weight into my back foot so that it locks in, but it just doesn't work for me, I must just not be doing it right.

bohemian
07-03-2011, 02:01 AM
hellaclips baby

AfRoMaTiC480
07-04-2011, 11:49 AM
Damn this looked sick. Feeble 180 and that blunt looked super slomo clean.
Camera????

thebullet
07-04-2011, 12:00 PM
Thanks man.

it was shot on a Canon 7d. Most shots I believe he used a 70-200L 2.8 lens, and the 180 over the stairs he used a Tokina 11-16 2.8. He filmed it with a super high shutter speed, and did all the super slowmo in Apple Motion using the Optical Flow feature.

Boxerman08
07-04-2011, 01:20 PM
that is insane! super slow-mos like these are so sick. that feeb fs 180 out and the switch blunt was insane in super slow mo. really good job dude.

By the way, you seem to know a good deal about cameras so maybe you can help me out... I was saving up money to buy myself one, since I'm thinking about going into professional photography eventually (in like a year or so), but I'm not sure which camera to buy to start off with. I really like canon cameras though, and was thinking of buying either the Rebel t2i or the 7D. I am aware there's a huge price difference between the two, but from the stuff I've read over the internet, they seem to be pretty similar cameras with only a few things, like the fps, shutter speed, ISO performance, etc. but I was told I should go with the t2i to start off with, and eventually move up.

What do you think? What would you recommend a beginner like myself to start off with? haha Sorry to bother you with this, but I would greatly appreciate it if you could clarify some stuff for me (if you can) :cool:

emericaridr11
07-04-2011, 01:35 PM
Apple Motion is SICK!

Twixtor style LOVE IT!

saunders420
07-04-2011, 06:19 PM
so smooth

thebullet
07-04-2011, 06:37 PM
that is insane! super slow-mos like these are so sick. that feeb fs 180 out and the switch blunt was insane in super slow mo. really good job dude.

By the way, you seem to know a good deal about cameras so maybe you can help me out... I was saving up money to buy myself one, since I'm thinking about going into professional photography eventually (in like a year or so), but I'm not sure which camera to buy to start off with. I really like canon cameras though, and was thinking of buying either the Rebel t2i or the 7D. I am aware there's a huge price difference between the two, but from the stuff I've read over the internet, they seem to be pretty similar cameras with only a few things, like the fps, shutter speed, ISO performance, etc. but I was told I should go with the t2i to start off with, and eventually move up.

What do you think? What would you recommend a beginner like myself to start off with? haha Sorry to bother you with this, but I would greatly appreciate it if you could clarify some stuff for me (if you can) :cool:

I would say get the 60d.

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-60D-Digital-3-0-Inch-Body/dp/B0040JHVCC/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1309829961&sr=1-1

That's what I got and I LOVE IT. It's significantly better then the t2i and only slightly less of a camera then the 7d, yet only a few hundred more then the rebel. Some would even argue that they like the 60d more because of the flipscreen and audio controls.

Also, the t2i is a plastic frame (so it feels cheap), has less iso settings and not as good of a white balance system. You can usually find just the body of the 60d are about $1000 or a bit more.

But the real money pit though is lenses. When you get the camera, they will try to sell you a kit lens, or something slightly better. DON'T DO IT. The best lens to start off with is a 50mm prime lens with a 1.8 fstop. They are amazing and SO CHEAP. $120 is dirt cheap for a lens. They have incredible depth of field and are so good in low light. SO that's my advice. Get the 60d and the 50mm 1.8 :) Awesome affordable starter kit.

Duundermifflin
07-04-2011, 07:40 PM
Looks reallllly fuckin good man.

Boxerman08
07-04-2011, 07:46 PM
I would say get the 60d.

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-60D-Digital-3-0-Inch-Body/dp/B0040JHVCC/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1309829961&sr=1-1

That's what I got and I LOVE IT. It's significantly better then the t2i and only slightly less of a camera then the 7d, yet only a few hundred more then the rebel. Some would even argue that they like the 60d more because of the flipscreen and audio controls.

Also, the t2i is a plastic frame (so it feels cheap), has less iso settings and not as good of a white balance system. You can usually find just the body of the 60d are about $1000 or a bit more.

But the real money pit though is lenses. When you get the camera, they will try to sell you a kit lens, or something slightly better. DON'T DO IT. The best lens to start off with is a 50mm prime lens with a 1.8 fstop. They are amazing and SO CHEAP. $120 is dirt cheap for a lens. They have incredible depth of field and are so good in low light. SO that's my advice. Get the 60d and the 50mm 1.8 :) Awesome affordable starter kit.

Wow. Fuck yes dude, thanks a lot for this! At first I was just debating on the t2i and the 7D because that's what some of my friends use and those are the ones I could've got more info from, but since you've mentioned the 60d, then I'll look into it too. And people I know that are into photography told me kinda the same thing you just said about lenses lol They told me that a pretty big percentage of the quality in a picture is mainly due to the lens, and the rest is from the quality of the camera itself and stuff. I don't know if this is true, but whatever haha.

The main reason I was looking into t2i was because as I was watching skate videos on youtube, and some dude had an amazing quality and asked him what camera he uses, and he said he was using the t2i with some lens I can't remember. I was considering the 7D because of it's fps and other features that were better than the t2i. I'll have to look more into the 60d though, because I want a camera that can shoot decent photos and also film HD.

Anyways, thanks a ton for the advice and everything dude, I really appreciate it. I'll definitely consider the 60d and that 50mm prime lens w/ 1.8 fstop haha

bohemian
07-05-2011, 01:02 AM
comment from that other site:

art fag.

hahahahahah :)

i am a snail
07-05-2011, 01:18 AM
is optical flow available on motion 5 that anyone knows of?

jerr bear
07-05-2011, 05:05 AM
You look hella sexy in slow-motion Wiebe.

You should rock it more often :P

The first super slow-mo was a complete mindfuck, I thought it was a freeze frame at first.

SK8ERatWAR
07-05-2011, 05:50 AM
this looked so freaking good

Roccityroller
07-05-2011, 07:04 AM
board flex

coolest thing i've seen in awhile.

thebullet
07-05-2011, 09:42 AM
Wow. Fuck yes dude, thanks a lot for this! At first I was just debating on the t2i and the 7D because that's what some of my friends use and those are the ones I could've got more info from, but since you've mentioned the 60d, then I'll look into it too. And people I know that are into photography told me kinda the same thing you just said about lenses lol They told me that a pretty big percentage of the quality in a picture is mainly due to the lens, and the rest is from the quality of the camera itself and stuff. I don't know if this is true, but whatever haha.

The main reason I was looking into t2i was because as I was watching skate videos on youtube, and some dude had an amazing quality and asked him what camera he uses, and he said he was using the t2i with some lens I can't remember. I was considering the 7D because of it's fps and other features that were better than the t2i. I'll have to look more into the 60d though, because I want a camera that can shoot decent photos and also film HD.

Anyways, thanks a ton for the advice and everything dude, I really appreciate it. I'll definitely consider the 60d and that 50mm prime lens w/ 1.8 fstop haha

yeah, the t2i, 60d, and 7d all have the same sensors and the same fps settings. But as far as all the other settings the t2i is lacking. But I've seen some amazing videos shot on the t2i, so it's all about working with what you got. The main difference that I know of between the 60d and 7d is that the 7d has a faster motor for shooting photo sequences. The 7d can do 7 frames a second where the 60d can shoot 5. And the 7d body stronger and more weather proof, but the 60d is still pretty rugged compared to the plastic t2i. The main sell for me with the 60d was the flipscreen (and that it was $600 cheaper then the 7d). Now that I'm used to it's flip screen, I don't know how I'd live without it. There is also a new Rebel3 Canon that has a flipscreen, but it's still a pretty cheap camera aside from that.

Just whatever you do DON'T BUY THE KIT LENS! I can't stress that enough.

Boxerman08
07-05-2011, 10:25 AM
yeah, the t2i, 60d, and 7d all have the same sensors and the same fps settings. But as far as all the other settings the t2i is lacking. But I've seen some amazing videos shot on the t2i, so it's all about working with what you got. The main difference that I know of between the 60d and 7d is that the 7d has a faster motor for shooting photo sequences. The 7d can do 7 frames a second where the 60d can shoot 5. And the 7d body stronger and more weather proof, but the 60d is still pretty rugged compared to the plastic t2i. The main sell for me with the 60d was the flipscreen (and that it was $600 cheaper then the 7d). Now that I'm used to it's flip screen, I don't know how I'd live without it. There is also a new Rebel3 Canon that has a flipscreen, but it's still a pretty cheap camera aside from that.

Just whatever you do DON'T BUY THE KIT LENS! I can't stress that enough.

Yeah I was looking into differences between those 3 cameras yesterday lol I'm really looking into the 60d though, because from what I've read, it's smack in between the t2i and the 7d in terms of many things, and the price is affordable for both the t2i and 60d, but the 60d seems better, so I'll go with that most likely.

And for the lens, I've searched on ebay and already made a bid on a 50mm prime f/1.8 ;) If I do end up winning the auction with the price I've bid on, I would get the lens itself for 35$ US + about 25$ shipping & handling, so about 60$ US for the lens lol The auction says the lens is in mint condition, so seems good enough haha I just hope I'll get it, would be sick.

Jack
07-05-2011, 02:36 PM
Sick! Seriously, you could have done slo-mo kickturns with an edit like that. Slo-mo is ridiculous.

Boxerman08
07-05-2011, 08:55 PM
Yo bullet, just wanted to say I've got a sick deal (I think) for that lens you were talking to me about. RIght after you mentioned the 60D with that lens, I started doing some research, and went on ebay. Off ebay, I got a "CANON FD 50mm f/1:1.8 .Prime Fast Lens SLR Film *MINT*" for 35$US + about 25$ shipping and handling, so that lens will cost me like less than 60$ haha I think it was a good deal, so I got it. All I have left to do now is get the 60d body, and I'm set ;) Thanks again for the advice dude, I greatly appreciate it!

thebullet
07-05-2011, 09:18 PM
I might be wrong, but I think...FD lenses are made for super old cameras, and it might not fit on your body. But you can get adaptors for them for like 30 bucks or something so that it will fit. I might be wrong, but maybe look into it. SLR is different from DSLR, just so you know. 60d is a DSLR. But yeah, worst case scenario, you just get the adaptor and the lens should still work fine.

Boxerman08
07-05-2011, 09:37 PM
FUCK! This pisses me off so much. I hope it fits... Now I'm starting to regret the fact I just bought this lol Wasn't such a good deal afterall... I honestly hope you're wrong though, Hopefully it'll be fine as is... Just got my hopes up high for nothing haha Fuck my life

Edit: Here's what I bought. Shows the lens with pictures and everything. CANON FD 50mm f/1:1.8 .Prime Fast Lens SLR Film *MINT* (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190548094691&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123)

2nd edit: Is this what I need if I have to get an adapter? Lens Adapter (http://cgi.ebay.com/M42-Mount-Lens-Screw-Adapter-Ring-Canon-EOS-DSLR-SLR-/120670116753?pt=AU_Cameras_Photographic_Accessorie s&hash=item1c187fdb91) (sorry to bother you with this kind of shit haha :/ )

thebullet
07-05-2011, 11:01 PM
sorry man, but you did get an FD lens and it probably won't fit :( But don't worry, it's not like you just dropped hundreds of dollars or anything. If I was you I'd try to get rid of that FD lens because the picture won't be as sharp. But if you do decide to keep it, this is what you'll need (the lens adaptor link you posted won't work) http://cgi.ebay.com/CANON-FD-Lens-EOS-EF-DSLR-Body-Mount-Adapter-7D-500D-/220619879515?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item335df8345b

Boxerman08
07-05-2011, 11:36 PM
Damn... I don't know then lol For sure it wasn't expensive, but I should've got informed to make sure something like this wasn't gonna happen lol Oh well, people learn from their mistakes, and I've learned that SLR and DSLR isn't the same, and that if I want a lens for the canon 60D cameras, I need DSLR haha

But how bad will the picture not be as sharp though? Because if it doesn't change drastically, I can spend the extra 30$ to make the lens fit onto a camera and use it for now, until I buy an actual 50mm f/1.8 DSLR lens haha. If you think there will be a huge difference, then I'll try to sell that lens for like 60$ and use that money for the lens I'll really be needing for the 60D lol

Edit: just went to futureshop today, might get the 60D way sooner than expected lol I might be able to get those plans where I'll pay money every month and shit, which would be easier instead of paying 1500$ in one shot. But they don't have just the body, so I'll have to buy the lens kit that comes with it (18-135mm Lens Kit).

Deacon
07-10-2011, 01:38 PM
Not gonna lie, I enjoyed that video so much a little bit pee came out. the editing was very impressive.

ThaD3UCE420
07-10-2011, 02:48 PM
Not gonna lie, I enjoyed that video so much a little bit pee came out. the editing was very impressive.

lol dude wut?

Boxerman08
07-10-2011, 06:16 PM
watching this again is making me want the 60D even more haha really can't wait to get it... and watching this and seeing you're from Canada, I'm starting to realize that only Quebec parks are fuckin garbage lol the rest of Canada seems to have decent parks, atleast from what I've seen.

a red bicycle
07-10-2011, 10:21 PM
nice dude