PDA

View Full Version : Skate.Reel not working?

Reaperwrecker
07-02-2011, 04:04 PM
Hey wasup
Is skate.reel working for you guys on skate3. I cant upload any clips and i cant watch any uploaded clips on the game.. Is it shut down right now or what??

briden
07-02-2011, 04:49 PM
Yeah, it's been like this for a day or so. Hopefully it's just temporary again.

Boxerman08
07-02-2011, 09:50 PM
it's been doing that shit to me too, but whenever it fucks up like that, I shut off my xbox, and then it's good to go for a while... idk if that can help anyone else, but it works for me lol

obsolete1
07-03-2011, 05:24 AM
looks like it might be back up...looking at ea some people have uploaded some stuff today

briden
07-03-2011, 01:42 PM
Not for me, can't upload or download anything.

Slamooh
07-03-2011, 01:58 PM
same here
i almost forgot how unpleasant ea nation was

Razorlike Blue
07-03-2011, 02:04 PM
But then it comes back and kicks us in the face.

NotedDerk
07-03-2011, 02:14 PM
did some new ea game come out that overran the servers?

obsolete1
07-03-2011, 04:18 PM
did some new ea game come out that overran the servers?

battlefield heros is giving away a bunch of freebies through the 7th...dont know what the hell that is but its like the first thing on there website

Braddock420
07-03-2011, 05:20 PM
I uploaded a clip last night fine.

(Front flip into a coffin "Rolling over in your own grave")

Sometimes it's kinda janky for me though. If you can, upload smaller clips rather than large ones as a less than spectacular connection can cause you to timeout, giving the dreaded EA Nation error.

briden
07-03-2011, 06:13 PM
Sometimes it's kinda janky for me though. If you can, upload smaller clips rather than large ones as a less than spectacular connection can cause you to timeout, giving the dreaded EA Nation error.

This is different. There's no timeouts, no errors, everything is "Unable to connect to skate online service." I can't even get to the upload screen.

Braddock420
07-03-2011, 08:52 PM
Did you register your Share Pack? Try to redownload it from your download list.

MarcoPoloUSN
07-03-2011, 10:21 PM
not working for me either. here we go again. i don't care as much anymore.

m.seven
07-03-2011, 10:58 PM
it's been working for me.is it just you Xbox guys?

briden
07-03-2011, 11:39 PM
it's been working for me.is it just you Xbox guys?

Yeah it was an xbox issue, it's back up as of about 30 minutes ago though. First time connecting in barely 3 days and I've got over 10 parks booked... I spend too much time here.

m.seven
07-04-2011, 12:00 AM
Yeah it was an xbox issue, it's back up as of about 30 minutes ago though. First time connecting in barely 3 days and I've got over 10 parks booked... I spend too much time here.
i know the feeling.sometimes i feel RL slipping away.lol

NotedDerk
07-05-2011, 01:32 AM
skate.reel is a homo, five minutes of straight error.

2 and og never seemed to have it this bad, good lord.

fallingskyline
07-05-2011, 05:47 AM
don't know what it is, but for me it was working like a charm the last days, i uploaded a 30 seconds line in hd first try yesterday with no ea nation error at all.
tno mentioned, that he couldn't log into ea nation at all for 3 days now...
pretty strange

replicant
07-05-2011, 08:41 AM
Hasn't worked for me in over a week now.

Boxerman08
07-05-2011, 08:48 AM
seems to be working on and off for me... used to work fine for the past few days, but yesterday, I tried uploading a few s2 clips, but wasn't able to. I tried shutting off my xbox and reopening it, because somehow that used to work when it happened over the few days, but still nothing.

NotedDerk
07-05-2011, 05:00 PM
Those of you still having issues, just comment in magic's thread about ea nation in the daily grind section over at the ea forums, one of ea's admins' fixed my account and it's back to normal for me again.

He said my account wasn't connected to my gamertag, which is why it wasn't working, but that made no sense to me since I never had that issue since the early days of OG when my account that was connected to my gamertag got deleted some how and then some admin fixed it three months later.

Frosty
07-08-2011, 01:49 PM
mines not working either

Phobia
07-08-2011, 02:11 PM
did anyone else get an update for skate 3?
when i was playing earlier today i got one, and now my skate.reel works fine.
idk if the update had to do with that or not.

meAd4m76
07-08-2011, 02:31 PM
guys, its been better than ever lately, oh wait your all xbox... ;)

Antwan
07-08-2011, 02:53 PM
Yeah OG And 2 had support, son!
We're pretty much on our own..
can't expect Cuz to help everytime
If EA won't support their series why would they be worried about their servers you know
Guess people are finally getting it here..
might think twice about what they have, before dissing blackbox..
not that anyone here did don't get all butthurt on me, people doing that lately and I'm over that..
Mainly around EA Forums
new heads coming into fluckit, etc.

Mage505
07-11-2011, 07:32 AM
Is anybody's PS3 Skate.Park thing not working? I have a park I made and I can't get pictures up, I can't pull up other people's names for skate. parks. I can upload but that is it.

SK8ERatWAR
07-11-2011, 07:51 AM
i wasn't too worried about this earlier, but now i gotta get some clips and i can't :/
and phobia, did you get the update when you started the game?

Antwan
07-11-2011, 10:08 AM
When it doesn't work save your stuff..
when it does upload everything.
Works for me.. and might as well do it all in one sitting because, you never know where the servers are going.
Glad we still have it in some sense.
Kick back relax, tunes if needed.. let the good reels roll.

Phobia
07-11-2011, 10:42 AM
i wasn't too worried about this earlier, but now i gotta get some clips and i can't :/
and phobia, did you get the update when you started the game?

yeah i got the update when it started, but idk if it was for the skate.reel cuz now mine doesnt work again :/
sucks cuz i have all these clips and i wanna make my 2nd solo :(

Granka
07-13-2011, 01:03 AM
When it doesn't work save your stuff..
when it does upload everything.
Works for me.. and might as well do it all in one sitting because, you never know where the servers are going.
Glad we still have it in some sense.
Kick back relax, tunes if needed.. let the good reels roll.

That´s how I do it.

Skatehead
07-13-2011, 09:42 AM
Mine hasnt worked since I got back from my trip, ehhhh oh well no use in trying, we are on our own fellas.....

Boxerman08
07-13-2011, 10:26 AM
Mine has been working on and off, such unpredictable servers lol it's a little frustrating, but it's all good lol just save them and try to upload them another day I guess, that's what I do when it doesn't work lol

rzrfvr
07-13-2011, 01:42 PM
Now I can't even see any parks or clips in my reel on the website. I really don't even get upset anymore. It is just an empty feeling.

It's tragic really how EA just act like a series, as good as Skate actually was to a whole bunch of people, doesn't matter at all.

andreas
07-14-2011, 07:50 AM
doesn't work for me and I'm clockin clips erryday. this pisses me the fuck off.

SK8ERatWAR
07-14-2011, 08:22 AM
it seems like the skate 2 reel is down too :( well i can download from the website, but can't upload anything

andreas
07-14-2011, 08:42 AM
it seems like the skate 2 reel is down too :( well i can download from the website, but can't upload anything

my problem as well. I want to finish my first edit by tomorrow but I can't even get all the clips.

Boxerman08
07-14-2011, 10:45 AM

for some reason, the s2 servers have been working perfectly for me. although yesterday I had to go back and forth from the dashboard to the game so I could get the reel to start, but other than that, once I've got it going, it runs good and I can upload lots of clips... when your reel is down, try going back to the dashboard, and before going in-game, go to xbox live/skate.reel and see if you can see videos or if it's written N/A. If its written N/A, go back to the dashboard, back to the game and go back to the skate.reel until you see videos and not N/A. That's what I've been doing for a while for both S2 and S3 lol pretty tedious to do, but if you want to upload clips, that's what I can suggest you can do and maybe it could work for you lol

xRiverKing
07-14-2011, 10:59 AM
I'm having probs with the s2 reel too. I can upload from the game just fine, but my reels aren't showing up on the website. And when I try to view the "shared" reel's on my xbox, a blank vid trys to play... took me 6 times to get one to upload.

Wiltzuh
07-14-2011, 11:11 AM
EUROPEAN SONS ! We have perfectly working reels over here. I recommend !

SK8ERatWAR
07-14-2011, 11:40 AM
EUROPEAN SONS ! We have perfectly working reels over here. I recommend !

lol i live in the netherlands ;p

Boxer: yeah i've been doing that, and it worked, but not anymore.. :/

bengrover
07-14-2011, 01:05 PM
Mines never stopped playing up since it went down. But today/tonight, every clip (around 10) went up easily. Not one error.

obsolete1
07-14-2011, 01:47 PM
Mines never stopped playing up since it went down. But today/tonight, every clip (around 10) went up easily. Not one error.

lucky you...hell id be happy with graphics at this point

andreas
07-14-2011, 02:00 PM
problem seems to have been fixed.

NotedDerk
07-14-2011, 03:06 PM
for you, I still see a lot of people having issues, myself included.

Razorlike Blue
07-14-2011, 08:47 PM
You may want to try clearing your system cache. It's seems like a temporary fix, but it's worked for me pretty well.

replicant
07-14-2011, 10:02 PM
I tried earlier so mine still isn't working. Been a few weeks now. Wanted to get work in for Antwan, but something on my end or EA end is saying no. None of my other games are having issues at all.

MarcoPoloUSN
07-14-2011, 11:31 PM
My problem is that I can't see anything on the game (Skate 2 and 3). I can't see videos or photos. I can't upload either. It is not that I have errors... I can't connect whatsoever. Maybe for an hour a day the reel works... then for the rest of the day it doesn't work. My reel works in patterns. One of my friends reels only works at 8:00. Weird.

How many people are having my problem?

briden
07-14-2011, 11:50 PM
My problem is that I can't see anything on the game (Skate 2 and 3). I can't see videos or photos. I can't upload either. It is not that I have errors... I can't connect whatsoever. Maybe for an hour a day the reel works... then for the rest of the day it doesn't work. My reel works in patterns. One of my friends reels only works at 8:00. Weird.

How many people are having my problem?

I don't have that problem right now, but I've had it before. I'd like to think someone is working on it, though; I just saw my skate.Feed right now for the first time in months, and I've uploaded a few clips tonight with 0 errors.

MarcoPoloUSN
07-15-2011, 01:19 AM
I've started bitching with the Live Chat people like I always do when there is a major problem. Giving them shit helps a little.

The answer I got: "Well it is obvious that you are getting blocked from the EA servers from your UO trace, and those are the only ports that Xbox has. They need to be opened."

Granka
07-16-2011, 02:39 AM
How do you reset the cache and what does it actually do?

obsolete1
07-16-2011, 05:20 AM
system tab > memory > options (Y button) > clear system cache

from what i have gathered is clears game updates

http://support.xbox.com/en-us/pages/xbox-360/troubleshoot/hardware/clear-system-cache.aspx

Granka
07-16-2011, 06:02 AM

http://support.xbox.com/en-us/pages/xbox-360/troubleshoot/hardware/clear-system-cache.aspx
Thanks a lot, dude!

xxCALM KILLERxx
07-16-2011, 08:11 AM
did anyone else get a new skate 3 welcome e-mail? i know i did. seems like the share package went awol on my game.

Seanne1986
07-19-2011, 08:00 AM
The clear cache tip actually worked for me. haven't been able to upload for 3 days but now it seems to work again. Cheers.

emericaridr11
07-19-2011, 09:25 AM
did anyone else get a new skate 3 welcome e-mail? i know i did. seems like the share package went awol on my game.

I did I was going to ask the same thing

briden
07-20-2011, 09:16 PM
Happened again so I tried clearing my cache, had no effect though.

kajigger
07-21-2011, 06:32 AM
What the hell? This is getting ridiculous. Been three days for me now. And I'm sitting on two montages worth of footage. (starts looking at cap cards)

Skatehead
07-21-2011, 09:56 AM
Happened again so I tried clearing my cache, had no effect though.

same has been going on over here, I just give up on it now.

DCS_23
07-21-2011, 11:55 AM
This shit has been happening to me now for almost or maybe a little over 2 weeks, i finally got on yesterday but instead of uploading some footage i decided to play online with a mate and by the time we had finished it was back to not working again.. At first i wasn't really that bothered but now its gone on for so long its really annoying and for the fact they don't seem to be bothered

BannerBoy360
07-21-2011, 01:25 PM
try reseting your cache like 4 times in a row. worked for me...twice.

stuey2dope
07-22-2011, 01:13 AM
It's been down for me for a while now. I'm considering buying a capture card also, but i know nothing about them or how they work and what sort of price to pay for a decent one. Can I get some beginners advice please?

Seanne1986
07-22-2011, 05:33 AM
Check out this video Stuey. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTWcDMjwlmQ Happague is probably one of the most common cap cards out there to date. Almost everyone that uses a cap card uses this one. It's great quality and the price ain't to bad. You can get one for around 280$ or even less. I haven't gotten one yet but thinking about it.

stuey2dope
07-22-2011, 06:18 AM
Thanks for that, very helpful.

I did a search for capture cards earlier and found some for as little as $20. I'm assuming I should stay clear of the cheaper ones?

briden
07-22-2011, 11:20 PM

Holy shit, this actually worked. It makes no fucking sense at all, but the timing was WAY too precise to be a coincidence. Thanks banner

stuey2dope
07-23-2011, 05:27 AM
Holy shit, this actually worked. It makes no fucking sense at all, but the timing was WAY too precise to be a coincidence. Thanks banner

Yeah, thanks alot, works for me too!

Braddock420
07-23-2011, 09:13 AM
Are you cats all on the Xbox 360? I haven't had any issues uploading on PS3. Uploaded 9 videos in the last 4 days for a YouTube montage I'm working on.
Also saw a bunch of players uploading on the Xbox 360 part of skate.ea.com.

Weird.

obsolete1
07-23-2011, 10:10 AM
yeah fortunately it is just us boxers, at least one system is stable and running...oddly enough its the guys who don't have to pay for online services

Boxerman08
07-23-2011, 10:33 AM
I've never really had any major problems like some of you may have been experiencing, and i'm on the box. maybe it's just in the states that the servers are fucked up? because Wiltz and other European dudes have said it was working fine all the time, and i haven't really had any problems on my side in Canada lol hopefully all this shit gets fixed for everyone to upload some dope clips :cool:

kajigger
07-24-2011, 08:01 AM

I don't understand how this works but it does. It has worked for me multiple times now. Just as long as I do it before the game boots up I can access all the create features.

Delusional
07-26-2011, 06:14 PM

Whats your cache?

briden
07-26-2011, 09:25 PM
^^^^^

Simpler
07-26-2011, 09:47 PM
Mine never works anymore. It always comes up as "EA Nation has occurred. Please try again lately. It works on my friends xbox sometimes if I recover my account on his xbox. But his account doesnt work for it either. I cant download parks or even look at the community parks.

Antwan
07-27-2011, 05:13 AM
New guys, no longer support for the franchise..old guys, nothing new everyone gotta deal.

BannerBoy360
07-31-2011, 03:48 AM
Whats your cache?

just remember that you have to reset it 4 times in a row and THEN start playing.

AceExtremeX23X
07-31-2011, 08:31 PM
Clearing the cache wont mess up any of my parks made with DLC that i haven't uploaded yet will it?

Boxerman08
07-31-2011, 08:33 PM
Clearing the cache wont mess up any of my parks made with DLC that i haven't uploaded yet will it?

clearing your cache doesn't do anything to your in-game stuff. By clearing your cache, you'll just download the update on the games you'll play

AceExtremeX23X
07-31-2011, 08:40 PM
clearing your cache doesn't do anything to your in-game stuff. By clearing your cache, you'll just download the update on the games you'll play
Alright,Thanks for your help :)

SK8ERatWAR
08-01-2011, 07:19 AM
i cleared my cache and it worked, but the next time i started up the game it was back to not working and i won't get it to work by clearing the cache

Boxerman08
08-01-2011, 07:55 PM
in that case... never shut off your xbox... or change games... haha

Razorlike Blue
08-02-2011, 12:00 PM
For anyone still having trouble, you may want to try changing your email on the EA site or by using the EA Sports download on Live.

experienceosiris
08-02-2011, 07:28 PM
i started noticing this problem about 2-3 weeks ago. i'd have a neverending "error message" when i'd try to upload something. then i'll play a different game/turn off my xbox then try again later and it works. then after i've finished, ill turn off my xbox and if i try again it'll give me the error again. it's like i can't make it work twice in a row., this is really inconvenient

Razorlike Blue
08-02-2011, 11:02 PM
Refer to the last comment of page 2.

briden
08-02-2011, 11:22 PM
i started noticing this problem about 2-3 weeks ago. i'd have a neverending "error message" when i'd try to upload something. then i'll play a different game/turn off my xbox then try again later and it works. then after i've finished, ill turn off my xbox and if i try again it'll give me the error again. it's like i can't make it work twice in a row., this is really inconvenient

It's a game of roulette every time you turn your xbox on/off because you're connecting again. If it doesn't work, clear cache and come back. I've never had it not work this way.

HorseHead
08-08-2011, 09:51 AM
Does anyone have any advice other than clearing the cache? I've not been able to connect to EA properly in over a month, my graphics don't show up and when I go to my "shared videos" tab it says it's unable to connect to EA Nation. I've cleared my cache several times and no dice. When I go back to my game after clearing the cache it makes me download an update for the game again, is that normal? Any help that anyone has would be great.

NotedDerk
08-08-2011, 10:19 AM
Does anyone have any advice other than clearing the cache? I've not been able to connect to EA properly in over a month, my graphics don't show up and when I go to my "shared videos" tab it says it's unable to connect to EA Nation. I've cleared my cache several times and no dice. When I go back to my game after clearing the cache it makes me download an update for the game again, is that normal? Any help that anyone has would be great.

I've posted a possible solution a while back, but it just got sent down to no man's land, hah.
At the time I made it, I only tried it with skate 2, therefore that is why it says skate 2 reel fix, but apparently the same process works for skate 3, says emericaridr and I sever heads, just takes a lot longer then if you would do it on skate 2.

here it is, http://skatefluckit.com/showthread.php?t=8367

hope that helps.

I sever heads
08-08-2011, 11:07 AM
Yeah derks method does work, basically just go to skate reel then sign out of ur profile, then it will take u back to the main menu and have you sign in again. Its worked for me first or second try every time. To answer ur question bout the cache, yes its supposed to update. Thats what clearing it does, removes all updates from the xbox

Razorlike Blue
08-08-2011, 12:15 PM
For anyone still having trouble, you may want to try changing your email that's connected to your Gamertag on the EA site or by using the EA Sports download on Live. I personally recommend using the EA Sports download to do it, but both seem to work. However it only seems to be another temporary solution, as I've had to alternate between two emails when it stopped working.

experienceosiris
08-08-2011, 05:16 PM
I'm having a little bit of a new problem. Before, if i couldnt upload anything to reel, it would just give me the "an EA Nation error has occured. Please try again later." message so at least it would be straight forward about it. Every once in a while i'd be able to upload and i'll know when by being able to actually see the upload options screen. Now i'm having a pretty decieving and EXTREMELY frustrating problem. Today and a few days ago, the upload options menu came up and once im done selecting what i want, i'd click upload and after the footage is processed, it'd show the % upload then once it reaches 100, it gives me the "an ea nation error has occured" message. After all the work getting the clip exactly how i want, thats when it tells me i cant upload it. Honestly this is bullshit. I really wish there was a way to just get my money back and really impact their company cuz obviously now having already taken our money, they wouldnt really care if people didnt buy future games. If only there was a way to show them how we want our money back for a game we already bought.. I'm really thinking about getting a capture card.

Boxerman08
08-09-2011, 02:31 AM
I've been getting the same problem recently... nearly everytime, when it hits 100% uploaded, the damn "Ea Nation error" message pops up. I think we'll all need to invest in capture cards soon enough because it doesn't seem like EA is willing to fix the servers, or have anything to do with the series actually. Fuck EA.

experienceosiris
08-09-2011, 06:09 AM
I've been getting the same problem recently... nearly everytime, when it hits 100% uploaded, the damn "Ea Nation error" message pops up. I think we'll all need to invest in capture cards soon enough because it doesn't seem like EA is willing to fix the servers, or have anything to do with the series actually. Fuck EA.

I'm with you 110%, im done with EA. Im gonna get a capture card sometime this week.

agusbmxarg
08-09-2011, 10:52 AM
Sucks I can't afford a cap card atm. They're so expensive down here... buying abroad isn't an option either. :(

Boxerman08
08-09-2011, 11:07 AM
yeah I've gotta think about getting one too, but I'm saving up for more important stuff, namely a camera to film and shoot photos, but a cap card is something I'm thinking about getting as well

xRiverKing
08-09-2011, 11:25 AM
I can't afford a capcard either...

emericaridr11
08-09-2011, 12:02 PM
I got one for 10 bucks, and I make it work half way decent

it aint no pvr but its not the worst either

agusbmxarg
08-09-2011, 01:43 PM
Oh dang could upload only 3 clips today (with the start the game offline method). Now it's not working and it sucks cuz I got this sick clip well filmed and all that, now I gotta cancel it.

Deacon
08-09-2011, 04:35 PM
Rufus G.: This could be something that has to do with the servers that is what it looks like.
2285617572: ok but its happening for weeks now
2285617572: well over a month
Rufus G.: I understand that and I see that it is a known issue here and we are working to get it fixed.
2285617572: what is the issue?
Rufus G.: The issue with the servers shutting off at night time.
2285617572: ok why does that happen?
Rufus G.: I do not have an exact explanation for that but we are working to get it fixed as soon as possible.
2285617572: ok you say night time
2285617572: /uk night time ir US night time
Rufus G.: I am saying the night time in UK
2285617572: mm
2285617572: ok
Rufus G.: I will be sending this to my higher ups for further review as well.
2285617572: what the eta for the fic?
2285617572: fix
Rufus G.: I do not have an exact ETA on when the fix will be.
2285617572: ok
Rufus G.: For your troubles I would like to grant you a 20% coupon code to the EA stoer.
Rufus G.: *store
2285617572: don't worry tbh
2285617572: i'm not guying any more ea games
Rufus G.: Is there anything else that I can assist you with today?
2285617572: nope
Rufus G.: Thank you for contacting EA and have a great day.
Rufus G. has disconnected.

FullyFl4RED00
08-09-2011, 05:11 PM
The servers shut off at night because they are cutting cost by fucking with less popular game servers? Increasing server space and speed on more popular games by leeching from others so they don't have to spend more? That's the only thing I can think of as to why that would happen...but maybe I'm just paranoid

NotedDerk
08-09-2011, 06:14 PM
I don't know about you guys, but the middle of the night is usually the perfect time for uploading stuff for me, it hardly ever fails when I upload at say, 2:30 am, but takes me six or seven tries for each clip during the middle of the day.

Deacon
08-09-2011, 06:38 PM
what he says makes sense because I can upload everytime during the day in the UK, however come 7pm it stops completely.

Boxerman08
08-09-2011, 07:02 PM
So... I'm guessing we have a certain time interval to upload clips lol I'll have to figure what it is for Quebec...

agusbmxarg
08-09-2011, 07:18 PM
So... I'm guessing we have a certain time interval to upload clips lol I'll have to figure what it is for Quebec...

I'm turning on my pc atm, I'm from southamerica but anyways I'll let you guys know if it's working for me.

experienceosiris
08-09-2011, 08:45 PM
I don't know about you guys, but the middle of the night is usually the perfect time for uploading stuff for me, it hardly ever fails when I upload at say, 2:30 am, but takes me six or seven tries for each clip during the middle of the day.

i still think its bullshit. we shouldnt HAVE to come to this.

Deacon, i LOVED your responce "i wont be buying anymore games from ea." thats what they need to hear more.

HorseHead
08-10-2011, 08:40 AM
Thanks for the help guys. Unfortunately I've still had no luck in uploading anything. My graphics still don't update either. I've tried changing my email on the EA site, but not the EA Sports download from live. I tried resetting my cache multiple times as well, but no luck there either. I guess I'm gonna be out of the fake skateboarding game for a while, cap card is pretty low on the list of priorities financially.

Permy
08-10-2011, 12:50 PM
horsehead, reboot after clearing le cache

playing other games helps too, idk why but whatever
clear it every couple days because clearing the cache repeatedly doesn't do anything

Braddock420
08-11-2011, 09:35 PM
I'm having a little bit of a new problem. Before, if i couldnt upload anything to reel, it would just give me the "an EA Nation error has occured. Please try again later." message so at least it would be straight forward about it. Every once in a while i'd be able to upload and i'll know when by being able to actually see the upload options screen. Now i'm having a pretty decieving and EXTREMELY frustrating problem. Today and a few days ago, the upload options menu came up and once im done selecting what i want, i'd click upload and after the footage is processed, it'd show the % upload then once it reaches 100, it gives me the "an ea nation error has occured" message. After all the work getting the clip exactly how i want, thats when it tells me i cant upload it. Honestly this is bullshit. .

After you edit the video exactly as you want, SAVE IT. Then, if it does "EA Nation" error out, you won't have to rework the footage. Not only that, but you'll have it if you get to frustrated at the time to try to upload again.

Edit (in reference to the glitch comment below me): You're right, of course. Learned how to glitch the camera a few days ago. 10 mm to 379 mm is DOPE shit. Too bad no one can see the vids I made. :(

Boxerman08
08-11-2011, 09:46 PM
Works, but not really lol. Usually, when people film, we do that "glitch" to have a camera smaller than 24mm or higher than 75mm, but when you save the replay and go back to it, it'll be in the range of 24mm to 75mm, not more or less like you might've filmed it originally, so you do have to refilm it.

FullyFl4RED00
08-11-2011, 09:54 PM
When I have trouble uploading clips I get on the ea website and go to the skate reel page...when the clip im uploading gets to around 98/99% i refresh the skate reel page on my computer and for some reason it seems to work! Might want to give it a try

Larmando2
08-12-2011, 04:09 PM
It only works for me in the morning around 8am Central time and in the evening I can't do anything.

BladderBoy
08-12-2011, 04:39 PM
I can't login to Ea, created a new account but can't link gamertag, called tech support, his answer was "be patient", then emailed me a EA customer survey link that was dead. Great work all the way around. I have enough irl stress without all the fakestress.

m.seven
08-12-2011, 05:16 PM
Amen to that,Bladder.work all day at a shitty job and come home to get error messages all evening.aren't video games supposed to be an escape from your worries?

Permy
08-12-2011, 06:22 PM
wait a minute..
who the fuck are you people

EternalRewind
08-14-2011, 02:30 PM
tried uploading a short clip today about ten times and still couldn't upload

m.seven
08-14-2011, 02:49 PM
seems i can upload til about 11am central time,after that it goes to shit again.not sure what time it starts working,though.

Boxerman08
08-14-2011, 03:03 PM
yeah I have a certain time interval to upload as well, seems to work up to 3pm or something, idk when it starts tho

Sickone
08-15-2011, 12:26 PM
It's between 9am and 4pm here in the UK

Boxerman08
08-15-2011, 08:36 PM
that means for me it's like... 3-4am to 10-11am lol fuckin sucks, I usually wake up at the time it stops working, or I'm goin to work/school.

xRiverKing
08-15-2011, 09:12 PM
I am getting your same troubles boxer.. And I hope those aren't the times. If they are then I am done at 9 -10 am...

Braddock420
08-16-2011, 06:09 PM
God dammit. I tried for 5 hours to upload yesterday.
So here's my test:

I have deleted all my Game Data (through the PSN XMB) for Skate 3, including ALL of my DLC (which is all the DLC you can get for S3).
Reinstalling it now and gonna try to upload. I'll keep ya'll posted.

xRiverKing
08-16-2011, 06:29 PM
God dammit. I tried for 5 hours to upload yesterday.
So here's my test:

I have deleted all my Game Data (through the PSN XMB) for Skate 3, including ALL of my DLC (which is all the DLC you can get for S3).
Reinstalling it now and gonna try to upload. I'll keep ya'll posted.

Interesting, I'm not sure if I would go that far even if it worked.. because then wouldn't you get the same problem once you re-dl all the dlc?

Post the results though!

Braddock420
08-16-2011, 07:14 PM
That's a negative Ghostrider, attempt no uploads. The pattern is full.

I even:

Opened ports
Set my PS3 to the DMZ
Bypassed my router and directly connected to the modem
Attempted to upload in (gulp) SD

Nothing. Oh, correction. I can upload directly to Youtube no problem. (Side note: How do you get it in HD on YouTube other than just the HD setting for uploading? I did it and it came out no greater than 480p, which, let's be honest, is like a 4 year old's drawings)

So, capture card... you sound perfect.

EternalRewind
08-16-2011, 10:21 PM
Braddock420

you should call ea and let them know that no one can use the reel

experienceosiris
08-17-2011, 01:55 PM
Braddock420

you should call ea and let them know that no one can use the reel

Somebody please post a phone number to the exact place we need to complain. Because i am more than ready to give them a list of complaints and let them know how much i regret giving them my money. Obviously it won't mean much if its just me doing it so if i cud have people helping me and blow up their phones thatd be great. Threaten to not spend any more money on them. Doesnt sound like much but if we get a lot of people we could possibly make a difference. I'm about ready to buy a capture card but thing is i shouldn't HAVE to spend money on something like this when the game came with a feature specifically for what i need a capture card for. It's abso-fucking-lutely rediculous that this game has this many problems.

xRiverKing
08-17-2011, 05:10 PM
There is no number to call, you have to go through the steps on their site then submit your number. They will "supposably" call you back within 5 minutes

http://support.ea.com/app/ask

EDIT:

EA Tech Support: 650-628-1001
EA Corporate: 650-628-1500

OGBMX420
08-17-2011, 05:49 PM
to let u guys know u can upload to youtube with no problems , probably because it does not use EA's servers but it kinda of a pain , to download off youtube then convert and edit unless your editer supports flv

briden
08-17-2011, 08:30 PM
to let u guys know u can upload to youtube with no problems , probably because it does not use EA's servers but it kinda of a pain , to download off youtube then convert and edit unless your editer supports flv

Yeah but ps3 doesn't count, and that still doesn't fix the parks being inaccessible.

OGBMX420
08-18-2011, 12:54 AM
Yeah but ps3 doesn't count, and that still doesn't fix the parks being inaccessible.

what do you mean ps3 does not count lol ? think x box is better or something? j/k yea it sucks not being able to get to parks but i was just responding to the REEL not working , i dont mean to come off sounding like an asshole although i probably did

briden
08-18-2011, 01:11 AM
what do you mean ps3 does not count lol ? think x box is better or something? j/k yea it sucks not being able to get to parks but i was just responding to the REEL not working , i dont mean to come off sounding like an asshole although i probably did

xbox doesn't have an upload to youtube function, so you (ps3'ers) can still get your HD clips even if/when reel is broken. Xboxers don't have a second option.

OGBMX420
08-18-2011, 02:09 AM
xbox doesn't have an upload to youtube function, so you (ps3'ers) can still get your HD clips even if/when reel is broken. Xboxers don't have a second option.

thats weird

quantum ch33ze
08-21-2011, 12:43 AM
Somebody please post a phone number to the exact place we need to complain. Because i am more than ready to give them a list of complaints and let them know how much i regret giving them my money. Obviously it won't mean much if its just me doing it so if i cud have people helping me and blow up their phones thatd be great. Threaten to not spend any more money on them. Doesnt sound like much but if we get a lot of people we could possibly make a difference. I'm about ready to buy a capture card but thing is i shouldn't HAVE to spend money on something like this when the game came with a feature specifically for what i need a capture card for. It's abso-fucking-lutely rediculous that this game has this many problems.

i got a toll free # to call, someone posted it on another forum, they are calling in daily, heres the link to it if anyone wants read up, http://skatefluckit.com/showthread.php?t=8726&page=1

heres the numbers too
EA Tech Toll Free: 866-543-5435
EA Tech Support: 650-628-1001
EA Corporate: 650-628-1500

Braddock420
08-22-2011, 12:12 PM
Technically, we don't get our HD vids (ps3 user here) because when you upload directly to YouTube, even in HD mode, its max resolution is 480p. Now, if I'm a 'tard and have fucked up some setting, for the LOVE OF GOD let me know. I have Pinnacle 15 pro and an FLV converter. I just don't want to convert children's drawings (480p) to HD. Shit in SD is just really clear shit in HD.

bengrover
08-23-2011, 09:21 AM
I finally see everyones rage. Reels not been that bad for me in UK, worked out that before 5pm it would upload 9/10 time first try. And S2 was never an issue.

Now can't get either to upload clips or pics. Cant send graphics to S3. No matter what time.

:(

quantum ch33ze
08-23-2011, 06:54 PM
yeah, usually the people in the uk could upload pretty good because when it worked there it was day( or around that lol) but in canada/u.s it was like 3 am, or later than that i think, but now it just went completly to shit,

I finally see everyones rage. Reels not been that bad for me in UK, worked out that before 5pm it would upload 9/10 time first try. And S2 was never an issue.

Now can't get either to upload clips or pics. Cant send graphics to S3. No matter what time.

:(

Boxerman08
08-24-2011, 08:57 PM
yeah, usually the people in the uk could upload pretty good because when it worked there it was day( or around that lol) but in canada/u.s it was like 3 am, or later than that i think, but now it just went completly to shit,

actually, my reel works between 4:30am to 11:30am, for the dudes that live in france, it's 10:30am to 5:30pm lol All depends where you live, but in that time frame I mentioned, I can upload no problem.

Ayreon
08-24-2011, 09:13 PM
i started uploading to youtube. works every time

Larmando2
08-26-2011, 10:17 AM
How can you upload to youtube without being able to upload onto SKATE reel?

illmaticAK47
08-26-2011, 10:30 AM
How can you upload to youtube without being able to upload onto SKATE reel?

Get a PS3.

Larmando2
08-26-2011, 10:43 AM
oh...

Hitmanx123
08-26-2011, 10:58 AM
for xbox users, skatereel works between the hours of 2 am-10 a.m westcoast, same goes for east coast users, just take the 2 am and 10 am and add 3 hours to each and those are the time sit should work for you the most. may not be the best timing in the world but fuck if you really care about uploading your clips for a dying game then go ahead. im done