PDA

View Full Version : What it do?

FlyMike
07-08-2011, 11:33 AM
Hey what's good, needless to say I'm new here. Stumbled upon the site when looking at Skate vids.

I played quite a big of OG Skate 1, and Skate 2 for only 2 days. I copped Skate 3 when it first dropped but I think that was around the time my PS3 died so I sold a bunch of games. Recently got a "trick itch" and so I just rebought Skate 3 a few days ago and I'm really feeling it and want to get better at it. This game is full of creativity and it'd be cool if I can seamlessly pull off some of the sick stuff I see in vids and from a few people in online matches.

I got an affinity for competition, creativity, and style. I play fighting games competitively and travel to tourneys for them. I also played OG Tony Hawks and SSXs at a high level. Skate series isn't as over the top, and it's a nice balance which I'm finding myself getting accustomed to.

I don't wanna rag on about myself so i'll just say I'm looking forward to checking out the forums and also really looking for vets and stuff to help me get into the game. I think I might've peeped a few tactics that are "advanced" like a certain kind of manual'ing and whatnot, so I just wanna be sure I'm not crazy. I'm on PS3(FlyMike45), I have a mic, and if anyone wants to squad up and shred sometime while giving some tutelage just get at me. I don't have time to play as much as I like nowadays except fgs at gatherings and the only thing I'll prob be playing at home is Skate 3. Sorry I'm so late though lol.

Be easy guys.

Ladd279
07-08-2011, 01:12 PM
Welcome dude fluckit is the perfect place for you. I also love competition games, and put alot of hours on Tony hawk 1-4, and SSX. Which fighting games do you play competitievly?

FlyMike
07-08-2011, 05:30 PM
Thanks man. Right now I'm kinda burned out but will still hit a few tourneys for Tekken 6 and MK9. Was planning on going to Evo in Vegas but I don't know if I wanna spring for these late tickets at outrageous prices. Besides all the old-school shit, I used to play MvC3 and SSF4 in tourneys but both games just got too tired and dry to me, not to mention Marvel 3 is extremely unbalanced, just like every other Marvel game. And I never like SF4 series at all. SSF4 AE at high level is all Yun and Fei Long and that's definitely not gonna make me get back into it. Haha MK9 is broken as hell, but it's mad fun because I learned to combat the top tier and stupid shit. Plus they frequently patch the game and do updates for it. It's easily the best MK and right above UMK3 imo. Tekken 6 is my ultimate shit though. I feel Tek 5 DR/Tek 6 and Guilty Gear Accent Core are the most complete and balanced fgs ever made, but GG scene is pretty much dead.

Speaking of which, you should visit Game Galaxy Arcade in Hickory Hollow Mall if you haven't been there already. One of the best, few surviving arcades in the U.S. and host to lots of events. A bunch of cool peeps I met through that arcade and when people started back playing fgs with SF4. They all post up on SRK forums. Hell, one of my dudes let me borrow his board just because I made a status on fb saying I wanted to learn how to skate irl. So I've just been staring at it until I decide to bust my ass lol.

You play Skate on PS3 or Xbox?

MarcoPoloUSN
07-08-2011, 08:50 PM
Sup fellow Tennessean. I'm Marco. You seem dedicated. Enjoy yourself.

Ladd279
07-08-2011, 09:34 PM
yeah ive been game galaxy in hickory hollow will agree dope ass arcade always stays busy. i love mk9 my opinion it is the best mk except when i play online and people bullshit lol mvc3 was to unstable for me super fast past and alot of animation. i play on ps3 just hit me if u wanna fight or some shit

FlyMike
07-09-2011, 12:49 AM
Sup fellow Tennessean. I'm Marco. You seem dedicated. Enjoy yourself.

Appreciate it bro. What part of TN are you if I may ask?

yeah ive been game galaxy in hickory hollow will agree dope ass arcade always stays busy. i love mk9 my opinion it is the best mk except when i play online and people bullshit lol mvc3 was to unstable for me super fast past and alot of animation. i play on ps3 just hit me if u wanna fight or some shit

Yea I don't play fighters online. Can't handle the lag lol. Marvel 3 is way too easy-mode, as most games are becoming nowadays in general. Add me on PSN: FlyMike45

Trying to get as many Skate friends online as I can. Came across a few decent players, but not everyone is as open to sharing tips aside from "Yea that wasn't easy, you gotta practice." That's why I need someone with hella nice skills to free-ride with and put me on game. It's a few mechanics I got my eyes on, just trying to get comfy so I can implement.

MarcoPoloUSN
07-09-2011, 01:01 AM
I'm from Nashville.

I like to see new people with a love for the game. Getting better at this game isn't completely teachable. It all comes from you. You have to observe, learn, and apply.

Hell, at this point I'm cruising around. You can get good, but the power struggle is over. I don't care about shit here and there anymore. The community doesn't have that same energy. It'd be nice to see a new passionate player though. You sound cool.

Deacon
07-09-2011, 03:01 PM
Welcome man. Always up for free skate when I actually get on my PS3 (I'm on xbox mostly) PSN: XPILiiCiT

i am a snail
07-09-2011, 10:52 PM
welcome to the fakeskate community! sad to see you join in when it's in a slump like this, you seem like a chill guy.

feel free to add me, i_am_a_snail on psn.

FlyMike
07-10-2011, 03:58 PM
@ Marco: Dig that man. And I feel you. But it doesn't seem COMPLETELY dead so that's good. Just looking forward to get what little bit out of this while I can, and hopefully it pops back off. Hell to me, the online and an active community is an incentive. These types of games have always been a chillaxing time-waster for me anyway. The urge to style or go totally nuts with it is just personal preference lol.

@ Deacon and Snail: I added you guys. If you ever see me on, and I'm on some random shit, still feel free to invite me to a session if there's one going. I don't know enough to compare now to what it was, but I'm just tryna have fun with it regardless.