PDA

View Full Version : Pawn Early Morning Flatground Sesh

pawnluvguitarist
07-09-2011, 06:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBticOcVmAk

Quickly filmed a few new tricks this morning, really fun getting more into the whole primo/casper/pogo kinda stuff

Phobia
07-09-2011, 07:44 AM
awesome tricks dude :)

m.seven
07-09-2011, 07:57 AM
Hell yeah,Pawn!probably not too many guys on here that were around when freestyle was legit.

pawnluvguitarist
07-09-2011, 10:09 AM
Hell yeah,Pawn!probably not too many guys on here that were around when freestyle was legit.

Thanks man, yeah I wish I was around back when freestyle was big. I've only met like 2 or 3 freestylers in my travels, it's always fun skating with like minded skaters

m.seven
07-09-2011, 10:17 AM
i remember old Powell-Peralta vids with Rodney Mullen,Per Welinder,and Kevin Harris all with straight up freestyle parts in them.really showing my age here.lol
all i know is that skateboarding wouldn't be where it is today without freestyle skating.

DonVigo
07-09-2011, 11:16 AM
Awesome with a x2 multiplier for wearing shorts.

Seriously, the thought of my grip rubbing my leg is what chewing on tinfoil is to most people.

Makes me wanna go skate, though. Bad. Very killer!

pawnluvguitarist
07-09-2011, 12:32 PM
Awesome with a x2 multiplier for wearing shorts.

Seriously, the thought of my grip rubbing my leg is what chewing on tinfoil is to most people.

Makes me wanna go skate, though. Bad. Very killer!

Thanks Don

Yeah, Got a bruise on one leg from the truck and a little grip tape rash on the other haha. Too hot for pants or high socks, I think I'll just suck it up ;)

Antwan
07-09-2011, 07:15 PM
dude the to rail primos are so scary..
I can turn it on it's side and then stand on it and muster a one foot varial
but getting into primo doesn't work for me
any advice?
As always, either falling or half assing the trick
Do you unweight your feet and then stomp the trucks, or what?
That's what tutorials are saying and I still can't commit to this one..

briden
07-09-2011, 07:58 PM
any advice?

I can't find any videos of it online, but I do it differently than most. I start off with one foot on the tail, one on the ground, so the board is sitting on the tail. I put the foot on the ground right next to the back truck, lift the deck up a little bit while keeping pressure on my toes that're on the ground. Keep pushing the board over with your foot, and that foot will end up right above the truck, and at this point stand on it and put your other foot on the other truck. I'll keep trying to find a vid cuz it's a really simple fluid motion that takes a lot of words to describe.

pawnluvguitarist
07-09-2011, 09:15 PM
any advice?

My problem was always just being afraid to commit to primo. I just did them with my hand against the wall for a bit until i got comfortable with them. All i really do is put my feet on the hardware push forward and jump, but its really just all about the commitment.

xI blisk Ix
07-09-2011, 10:18 PM
pretty nice not my favorite style but I respect it. Things I want to see
-primo flip
-540 casper flip x]
-pogo outtakes for the laughs :P

pawnluvguitarist
07-10-2011, 05:04 AM
pretty nice not my favorite style but I respect it. Things I want to see
-primo flip
-540 casper flip x]
-pogo outtakes for the laughs :P

ive got a shuv out of a primo, working on a tre flip out

flipping out of a casper is a bitch, i think id get a casper to primo before any huge flips

xI blisk Ix
07-10-2011, 10:48 AM
ive got a shuv out of a primo, working on a tre flip out

flipping out of a casper is a bitch, i think id get a casper to primo before any huge flips

yeah I hear ya on the whole casper flips are a bitch. I've only done a 540 casper flip and nothing else.
Also I got a friend that can do primo tres with an extra flip and he is in the 200+ club so you should have no problem :P

Antwan
07-11-2011, 02:15 AM
Got a few primos yesterday..
even if you over rotate you can kinda place it back with your guiding foot
pretty fun.

I sever heads
07-11-2011, 07:03 AM
Wow that was sick dude ive never been able to pogo like that. As far as flipping out of primo what i used to do was spin it back instead of forward and flip it from the bottom of the tail like in between the wheel and the board. I dunno if that makes sence but i remember it being easier that way. U can flip it forward primo then forward again so its like that too

pawnluvguitarist
07-11-2011, 01:43 PM
Wow that was sick dude ive never been able to pogo like that. As far as flipping out of primo what i used to do was spin it back instead of forward and flip it from the bottom of the tail like in between the wheel and the board. I dunno if that makes sence but i remember it being easier that way. U can flip it forward primo then forward again so its like that too

thanks man :)

Yeah, i really am not feeling as comfortable pulling back to get into the primo, i've got into a few, but it seems like you need to lead with one foot as opposed to the way i get in where its even with each foot, just push forward and jump.

I got the 360 flip out and shuv out of the primo. I flipped a few double varial flips but i really dont like how they feel, its like just a random flick, just kicking as hard as i can. I like the control of the 360 flip and shuv out, just how they feel.

I want to get a primo to primo, but finding it kinda scary, especially since i almost got one by accident haha