PDA

View Full Version : Port Carverton S3 TV

Boxerman08
07-11-2011, 11:42 AM
I made an S3 community channel, basically because the other "community" channnels only feature people who are "known" within the community. It'll feature people who are willing to keep this community alive. Hopefully it won't die out like the other ones did lol

Here's the link:
Port Carverton S3 TV (http://www.youtube.com/user/PortCarvertonS3TV)

Here's a little promo video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0EPRpD8q44

Download the video and share to your channels! Here's the promo link:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VX2MLSGJ

I'll also try to update people letting them know who will be "featured" the following week. Next Monday (July 18th), I've got Emericaridr11 sending me a video, so be on the lookout for that.

xRiverKing
07-11-2011, 06:41 PM
Pretty interesting, it would be nice to see a channel like this thrive.

jerr bear
07-11-2011, 07:19 PM
Aye another one

MarcoPoloUSN
07-11-2011, 08:03 PM
I've seen so many of these...

Boxerman08
07-11-2011, 08:13 PM
to be honest, I'm the one who's running the channel. I know there's a lot of these out there, but the ones that are naming themselves "community channels" only feature their friends or people that are "really good" at playing realistic lol. I'm just trying to give other people the opportunity to get a shot at the spotlight and discover some new talent. But I guess some people aren't down with this idea. I've already got a few e-mails of shit-talkers, and I'm starting to think this was a bad idea. Feels like I'm wasting my time since no one seems to give a shit about it.

m.seven
07-11-2011, 09:04 PM
don't worry about the shit talkers,man.seems no matter what you do they're gonna hate on it.if this is something you want to do go for it.prove them wrong.
ABD?...who cares,what hasn't been at this point?there's alot of guys around that don't get the recognition they deserve cause they aren't so and so and aren't down with this or that.at least you're trying to do something for the community instead of shitting on it.good luck with it.i subscribed.

Razorlike Blue
07-11-2011, 09:08 PM
Not to discourage you or anything, but the whole community channel thing is quite vain. While i'd like to see one actually last longer than a week, the thing you have to remember is that you need to have people behind you on this. So if your serious about it, take some initiative and find people who'd like to do vids for the channel.

I'll be in my Ice house if you need anything.

MarcoPoloUSN
07-11-2011, 09:24 PM
to be honest, I'm the one who's running the channel. I know there's a lot of these out there, but the ones that are naming themselves "community channels" only feature their friends or people that are "really good" at playing realistic lol. I'm just trying to give other people the opportunity to get a shot at the spotlight and discover some new talent. But I guess some people aren't down with this idea. I've already got a few e-mails of shit-talkers, and I'm starting to think this was a bad idea. Feels like I'm wasting my time since no one seems to give a shit about it.

The idea is repetitive, but its not hurting anyone. This will only do good for the community... so run with it man. You will receive a little hate like everything else that is good in this community. But in the end It will be a success if you don't give up.

MarcoPoloUSN
07-11-2011, 09:28 PM
While i'd like to see one actually last longer than a week,

Do not give up on this if you are serious about. And I'd like to donate clips... since this channel is open to everyone.

TACOPUNISH3R
07-11-2011, 09:31 PM
Don't give up because others hate or say it shouldn't be done. Look at what I'm doing at the EA forums. When I asked people to help out, the majority of them told me : "that place is dead, why are you trying to fix it? Don't even bother wasting your time." I went through with it, and slowly, and I mean slowly, we are making a semi-comeback there.

What haters are failing to realize is that you are trying to help the community. And if they have something against that, leave them to their own devices. Just do your thing and help keep the community going.

Boxerman08
07-11-2011, 09:38 PM
I'd really like to have this thing continue for as long as I can. I can't really run this by myself, I need people to help me with the weekly videos. Doesn't take much time, and it keeps the community going. I've made a weekly video from my part, and anyone who is up to send me a video for next week would be really dope. The idea of creating a community channel (once again, very ABD, but I'm trying to have fun with the game and get everyone in the community involved) was done really out of nowhere. It would be really great as well if you could share the "promo video" to your youtube channels if you can. The channel would get some recognition, get all kinds of people watching, and it'll for once be a "legit" community channel where not only "BK's" or "Native's" involved, like I've got from the video I've posted before.

Anyways, it was just an idea, some people also asked me to make COTD lol Not a possibility yet, because not enough people know about the channel, but if the community channel gets a lot of people involved, then COTD can definitely become a possibility. It is what we all make of it, I guess.

Boxerman08
07-11-2011, 09:39 PM
Don't give up because others hate or say it shouldn't be done. Look at what I'm doing at the EA forums. When I asked people to help out, the majority of them told me : "that place is dead, why are you trying to fix it? Don't even bother wasting your time." I went through with it, and slowly, and I mean slowly, we are making a semi-comeback there.

What haters are failing to realize is that you are trying to help the community. And if they have something against that, leave them to their own devices. Just do your thing and help keep the community going.

ha thanks dude! Also, I'm really stoked you posted this on the EA Forums. I'll definitely try to keep it going, and I'll just ignore the haters lol

briden
07-11-2011, 09:42 PM
I'm in the middle of a full length right now, but count me in for the near future.

i am a snail
07-11-2011, 09:48 PM
count me in as well, always glad to share some new stuff.

do you want mp3's included with the megauploads?

Boxerman08
07-11-2011, 10:05 PM
I'm in the middle of a full length right now, but count me in for the near future.

stoked to hear this dude. good luck with the full length and get back to me soon with a video! ;) So far, I've got next week booked (Emerica's sending one in), so depending on whenever you get your 1 min vid done, you could have the following week's spot haha!

count me in as well, always glad to share some new stuff.

do you want mp3's included with the megauploads?

What do you mean?

NotedDerk
07-11-2011, 10:13 PM
do you want songs pre-picked is basically what he's saying, I believe.

I may be down for this as well, but at a little later date.

Boxerman08
07-11-2011, 10:18 PM
do you want songs pre-picked is basically what he's saying, I believe.

I may be down for this as well, but at a little later date.

ah kk. Sorry if I wasn't clear. Basically, it's you guys who put the video together, you send me the finished video by PM through megaupload or whatever, I add your name in the video, and I upload it to the community channel.

And you're more than welcomed to send in a video Derk! ;)

agusbmxarg
07-12-2011, 05:59 AM
Good luck with the channel man, as you said, it's about getting known to each other, we're all here because we enjoy playing videogames so haters should shut their mouth they're in here too.
Some people is very talented and can manage to make some incredible edits with superb skating, editing, and filming quality, and they enjoy doing that aswell. Also there's some people (myself included) that aren't a big thing at skating fliming and editing, but we still have fun playing a skate videogame, saving replays, and making videos out of them.
Anyways, nice to see there's still some people that have fun with this and want to share their labor with others.

Boxerman08
07-12-2011, 09:31 AM
thanks man, I appreciate the support! Since I've uploaded "PCTV Monday with Boxerman08", I've been getting a much better response from when I uploaded that other video. So far, I think the channel is going good. I'll just keep at it, and try to include almost everyone that wants to be involved with the channel.

LoiSphere
07-12-2011, 10:32 AM
Badass idea bro' ! Continue and dont take care about all these troll, they are so ugly ...

U rocks my caribout :p

Boxerman08
07-12-2011, 10:56 AM
Badass idea bro' ! Continue and dont take care about all these troll, they are so ugly ...

U rocks my caribout :p

ahahahahaha! j'enmerde les trolls :p

Deacon
07-12-2011, 11:11 AM
deffo got my support 100%. haters gone hate, but fuck em. if they put half the time they spend trolling people into making content the community would be thrieving.

Boxerman08
07-12-2011, 11:23 AM
deffo got my support 100%. haters gone hate, but fuck em. if they put half the time they spend trolling people into making content the community would be thrieving.

hahaha i gotta agree with you on that one. there will always be haters, no matter what. thanks a lot for the support deacon, I really appreciate it.

Also, I was thinking of new stuff to put up on the community channel, and someone asked me if I was gonna showcase CAP's. I thought it was a great idea to promote some really dope CAP creators. So in the near future, I might consider "dedicating" a day of the week for a featured CAP and what not, depending on how much content gets done and how many people are interested... If anyone else has ideas for the community channel, feel free to share. I'm open to any idea out there.

MarcoPoloUSN
07-12-2011, 11:46 AM
Seeing a lot of shit talking and judgements on Youtube... it'll mostly come from that cocky realistic crowd... the guys who worship their own solos and create follow cams in front of their skater. Boxer I hope you can withstand. I'll send clips when I finish all my other shit.

Permy
07-12-2011, 11:52 AM
OH TACO YOUR AVATAR MOVES
YOU WIN

caps

emericaridr11
07-12-2011, 12:54 PM
shits hot as hell man.....

I can already tell you that the people throwing negative comments around were probably apart of the older community channels.... and they ALL Bks anyways, no one is as good as a BK is

well I think one day of the week for Parks and a Day for Graphics would be really awesome too

anyways, I can help with whatever you need, edits/ads/CAP or Graphics Days

just hit me up man Im down to help you out

Boxerman08
07-12-2011, 07:26 PM
Seeing a lot of shit talking and judgements on Youtube... it'll mostly come from that cocky realistic crowd... the guys who worship their own solos and create follow cams in front of their skater. Boxer I hope you can withstand. I'll send clips when I finish all my other shit.

honestly, all the shit talkers can go fuck themselves. if they rather waste their time watching videos and talk shit about them, then so be it. they'll just come off as assholes to the eyes of the rest of the community, even if they're "BKS" or "Native" lol I'll withstand this, since I've already got a lot of people interested in helping me out. Send it in whenever you're done! ;)

OH TACO YOUR AVATAR MOVES
YOU WIN

caps

Sounds good Permy <3 If I get a lot of demand from CAP's, then I'll have one featured every week eventually.

shits hot as hell man.....

I can already tell you that the people throwing negative comments around were probably apart of the older community channels.... and they ALL Bks anyways, no one is as good as a BK is

well I think one day of the week for Parks and a Day for Graphics would be really awesome too

anyways, I can help with whatever you need, edits/ads/CAP or Graphics Days

just hit me up man Im down to help you out

haha like I've said to marco, fuck the haters. Let them hate and talk shit. At least we're trying something good for the skate community, while they're just coming off as assholes. And if I need help, I'll definitely ask you too dude ;) thanks for the support everyone!

SK8ERatWAR
07-13-2011, 06:33 AM
yo boxer, me and PKeyize are gonna make a 1min collab for the channel!

Boxerman08
07-13-2011, 08:35 AM
yo boxer, me and PKeyize are gonna make a 1min collab for the channel!

fuck yeah, good to hear dude! send me that video once you guys are done :p

m.seven
07-13-2011, 04:47 PM
PM'd you at YT,Boxer.was gonna do it here but your box is full.

Boxerman08
07-13-2011, 08:04 PM
PM'd you at YT,Boxer.was gonna do it here but your box is full.

haha yeah my bad, I got that email saying you tried to send me a PM but my inbox was full :/ i gotta empty that shit out... I'll go check out your message in a few minutes

agusbmxarg
07-13-2011, 08:31 PM
Your inbox is full of fluckin love.

I don't know what 'Haters' are you guys talking about, atleast they're not in here I can see. =p

Boxerman08
07-13-2011, 08:43 PM
Your inbox is full of fluckin love.

I don't know what 'Haters' are you guys talking about, atleast they're not in here I can see. =p

haha yeah, I'm actually surprised there aren't more "haters" than this. At first, people were shit-talking alot because I uploaded PKeyize old video he told me he wanted up for the community channel, but since it was old, people were saying the channel already seemed wack and other shit like that. SO I removed it, filmed a quick/new 1 minute video of my clips and since then I've been having a positive response... hopefully this continues haha

Seanne1986
07-14-2011, 06:47 AM
I say like Derk. I will also send you a video a little later. Got a few projects I'm already working on atm, but I'll send ya one when I got the time.

Boxerman08
07-14-2011, 08:23 AM
sounds good dude, thanks for taking interest in the community channel ;)

CoBALT
07-16-2011, 11:27 AM
I'm good with the idea. Only thing is, it has got to keep going continuously without fault.
Is its gonna be a weekly, daily, etc,..video/clip release?

As for the haters, let them hate, its their job. :D

Boxerman08
07-18-2011, 08:39 AM
I'm good with the idea. Only thing is, it has got to keep going continuously without fault.
Is its gonna be a weekly, daily, etc,..video/clip release?

As for the haters, let them hate, its their job. :D

it's a weekly thing for now, might become daily or close to daily if people want more stuff to be uploaded on the channel, but we'll see ;) it's still really fresh and not that many people know about it. hopefully more people become aware of the channel ;)

bengrover
07-18-2011, 10:48 AM
Be expecting a pm once I get the time amigo.

Boxerman08
07-18-2011, 01:18 PM
Be expecting a pm once I get the time amigo.

sick! i'll be looking forward to that ;)

mattyman512
07-18-2011, 03:14 PM
Boxerman this is a great idea and I'm looking forward for thursday lol!!!! anyways leave the haters to hate man seriously, there is nothing wrong in keeping the community alive. The haters, hate because they love themselves and think they are the best in the world...

With this stuff you will probably be more successful at subscriber than those people who r hating as in Likebutter people would love to be featured so they will work for being feature.....

Check it on thursdays guys! Can't wait to see what u'll do man!

Boxerman08
07-18-2011, 08:01 PM
haha hopefully I won't disappoint anyone somehow :p looking forward to skate town centre too and make a short video out of it ;) btw, you got a youtube account? in the descriptions, I usually put in respective youtube accounts and all that stuff. If not I guess I'll just put a park link or something haha

And I don't mind the haters, I've been ignoring them and letting them talk shit all they want lol

mattyman512
07-19-2011, 03:03 AM
yeh I do man! eastage8team

It was my old teams channel but then I changed it to my very own personal skate 3 channel!

Boxerman08
07-19-2011, 10:05 AM
aight sounds good ;) i'll be putting that in when the video will be up!

agusbmxarg
07-20-2011, 09:10 PM
Too bad this is S3 only...

xRiverKing
07-20-2011, 09:22 PM
Why not just buy s3? It can't be more than $30, thats not bad at all..

agusbmxarg
07-20-2011, 09:28 PM
Why not just buy s3? It can't be more than $30, thats not bad at all..

First, $30 in the US maybe, IT'S 80USD DOWN HERE (Argentina). And that's not an amount of money I can spend in gaming at this moment.
Second, I don't like s3 that much, even I've played it several times at some sick CAPs and that.

Boxerman08
07-20-2011, 09:37 PM
I thought about it after I made this channel, that I should've made a channel for both S2 and S3, but it's a little too late now lol But even though the channel is called PortCarvertonS3TV, I might eventually upload some s2 shit, but it would be weird to upload S2 stuff on an S3 channel haha

m.seven
07-20-2011, 09:58 PM
maybe have a day that you feature S2 vids or even S1 ,like a throwback day.

Boxerman08
07-20-2011, 10:07 PM
fuck that's a sick idea M7, i'll definitely look into that

briden
07-20-2011, 10:08 PM

That's a good idea but hell, make it a whole week. If enough people are into it, get videos from a few different folk and upload a video every day or every other day of that week.

Boxerman08
07-20-2011, 10:17 PM
That's a good idea but hell, make it a whole week. If enough people are into it, get videos from a few different folk and upload a video every day or every other day of that week.

i'd love to do that dude, but I don't have many people sending in videos. Right now, I've got like 4-5 videos for the monday edits, but I haven't gotten a video from anyone in a while. It's true though that the channel is still new, and people need some time if they wanna send in stuff right now, but I can just hope to start getting more stuff from people who are down to send in videos ;)

xRiverKing
07-20-2011, 10:18 PM
I say that you shouldn't have any "set" days or even lengths for that matter

MarcoPoloUSN
07-20-2011, 10:38 PM

Port Carverton TV

Loosing the purpose here. I know we like approving eeevvvvery single idea that comes to mind, but come on. I thought the channel was made to see what all we can do with skate 3. Every idea isn't a good one imo. Seems like we are getting too happy about each proposal.

a more sensible idea imo:

spot sesh videos... film 30 secs - 1:00 of footy at 1 spot... "Spot Sesh Sundays" (s3 only of course)

Boxerman08
07-20-2011, 11:07 PM
Port Carverton TV

Loosing the purpose here. I know we like approving eeevvvvery single idea that comes to mind, but come on. I thought the channel was made to see what all we can do with skate 3. Every idea isn't a good one imo. Seems like we are getting too happy about each proposal.

a more sensible idea imo:

spot sesh videos... film 30 secs - 1:00 of footy at 1 spot... "Spot Sesh Sundays" (s3 only of course)

True, but hardly anyone is sending footy for the channel anyways, so more the better. But I did say it was s3 only though, because I did name it port carverton s3 tv, and on the channel I did say strictly s3 videos. That's why I said I should've named it differently, so I could've included videos from all 3 games, but it's too late now. I have videos being uploaded on Mondays and Thursdays, and having another one on Sundays would be hectic for me. I'll keep it at 2 videos per week for now, and again, if a lot of people want more videos, I'll have to have people down for making videos. I'll leave another month with just 2 videos per week, and then maybe we could step it up to 3 per week, or more if we can.

MarcoPoloUSN
07-20-2011, 11:13 PM
True, but hardly anyone is sending footy for the channel anyways, so more the better. But I did say it was s3 only though, because I did name it port carverton s3 tv, and on the channel I did say strictly s3 videos. That's why I said I should've named it differently, so I could've included videos from all 3 games, but it's too late now. I have videos being uploaded on Mondays and Thursdays, and having another one on Sundays would be hectic for me. I'll keep it at 2 videos per week for now, and again, if a lot of people want more videos, I'll have to have people down for making videos. I'll leave another month with just 2 videos per week, and then maybe we could step it up to 3 per week, or more if we can.

Alright. Just making sure we don't hype about every little thing. Skate 3 only makes sense. PM.

m.seven
07-21-2011, 02:45 AM
Guess Marco's right,Boxer....but it's your channel so do what you think is best.:p

Boxerman08
07-21-2011, 07:57 PM
I rather think of it as the community's channel, because even though I'm the one uploading the stuff on the channel, you're all sending stuff to me, so everyone is contributing to it :cool:

agusbmxarg
07-21-2011, 08:28 PM
Too bad this is S3 only...

I said this just for saying it. I wasn't demanding anyone to do anything. Don't get me wrong, I know it's an S3 channel, and I know it should keep that way.

Boxerman08
07-30-2011, 01:18 PM
Nah I know, but it would've been sick if I had made a community channel for all 3 skate games, but it's all good.

i am a snail
08-01-2011, 03:40 PM
in case this is still all alive and good, (im assuming it is but monday vid still isnt up and ive been watching like mad) you might have yourself a pm sometime tonight

Deacon
08-01-2011, 04:52 PM
Boxer is doing a good job with PCs3TV and IMO it should stay s3 only.

However for skate 1 & 2 fans out there, there's nothing stopping us creating another channel for those vids.

If need be I have a spare channel I opened with YT ages ago called "FakeSKateTV" which i had planned on using for other peoples vids (I had planned on accepting vids for any fakeskate game including old school Tony Hawks games, Thrasher S&D and some of the mobile skate games).

Its there if we want to you it. I kinda like the idea of making an trahser S&D video tbh! lol.

Boxerman08
08-01-2011, 07:46 PM
in case this is still all alive and good, (im assuming it is but monday vid still isnt up and ive been watching like mad) you might have yourself a pm sometime tonight

yeah it's still working good, but my bad if I'm late. I worked 9 hours today, didn't have time to upload anything yet, but I'll get on it right now.

Boxer is doing a good job with PCs3TV and IMO it should stay s3 only.

However for skate 1 & 2 fans out there, there's nothing stopping us creating another channel for those vids.

If need be I have a spare channel I opened with YT ages ago called "FakeSKateTV" which i had planned on using for other peoples vids (I had planned on accepting vids for any fakeskate game including old school Tony Hawks games, Thrasher S&D and some of the mobile skate games).

Its there if we want to you it. I kinda like the idea of making an trahser S&D video tbh! lol.

thanks Deacon! that'd be a sick idea to have videos from multiple skate games, new and old. Would be something you could maybe start working on and hopefully people like it

i am a snail
08-01-2011, 08:06 PM
yaaaaaaaaaaaay

might get you that thing sometime tomorrow, but if i dont it wont come for about another week jsyk <3

Boxerman08
08-01-2011, 09:46 PM
sounds good man, looking forward to it.
In case you guys didn't see it, I just posted this week's PCTV Monday, here's the VIDEO (http://skatefluckit.com/showthread.php?t=8513)

i am a snail
08-01-2011, 11:40 PM
private message sent your way boxxerbro

Boxerman08
03-19-2012, 11:10 AM
Just a little heads up concerning PCTV; I'll start reuploading stuff on the channel as of next monday. If you've got spare clips, make an edit and send it my way so I can upload it for the following weeks. I've already got something up for next monday, but for the following weeks, the spots are all open. Unfortunately, I've lost what others have sent me a long time ago due to a change of computers/transfer of files (really really sorry about that). But anyways, I'll try my best to keep this thing going for as long as I have videos to upload.

Also, unless someone is willing to help out with editing and getting clips at CAP's, I won't be doing those CAP Thursdays segments.

Sorry for being inactive for a while with that community channel, but RL shit goes before gaming ;)

MrSnomtn
03-19-2012, 12:35 PM
I can't believe I just heard about this now...

m.seven
03-19-2012, 12:53 PM
glad you're starting this up again,Boxer

SK8ERatWAR
03-19-2012, 01:15 PM
awesome, I would love to edit those vids for you man ;)

xRiverKing
03-19-2012, 01:33 PM
I can try to get you clips for any CAPs you guys will cover!

BannerBoy360
03-19-2012, 01:34 PM
same i can try and get clips at whichever caps you want.

Rushiie
03-19-2012, 01:44 PM
i'll try too

Boxerman08
03-19-2012, 07:35 PM
Damn, I didn't think so many people would be down for gettings clips and editing! So stoked you guys are down to help!!

briden
03-19-2012, 07:45 PM
I've still got that one part ready to go if you need it.

Boxerman08
03-19-2012, 08:09 PM
Sick deal Briden, send it to me anytime through either here or youtube!

Ladd279
03-19-2012, 08:54 PM
I'm glad this coming back really looked forward to see these every Monday! I'm down to make you one for sure

Boxerman08
03-19-2012, 09:47 PM
that would be sick Ladd! Get on that ;) so far there's already videos for the next 2 weeks haha you'd be 3rd!

i am a snail
03-19-2012, 09:55 PM
would you accept people if they were to have multiple entries? i'd be down for doing another one :3

Boxerman08
03-19-2012, 10:01 PM
yeah for sure! it doesn't matter if you've made a video for it already :p (at least I personally don't think it matters)