PDA

View Full Version : Conversion and Render Settings for Skate 2

PusH
07-12-2011, 12:10 PM
can someone help me with settings for Prism and Vegas settings for skate 2

Boxerman08
07-12-2011, 12:59 PM
I'll tell you my settings... I think I've got decent quality lol look for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCw2aLAreAM

Prism settings
Output format: .mpg

Encoder options;
Video
- Compressor: MPEG2 (DVD Standard)
- Average bitrate: 9000
- Max bitrate: 9000
Audio
- Samplerate: 48000
- Bitrate: 128

Edit Output
- Put resize video on
- Crop video to the selected size (width: 640, height: 360)

Sony Vegas settings:
When opening a new project;

Video tab
- Width: 640
- Height: 360
- Field order: None (Progressive scan)
- Pixel Aspect ratio: 1.00000 (square)
- Frame rate: 30.000000
- Pixel format: 8-bit
- Full-resolution rendering quality: best
- Motion blur type: Gaussian
- Deinterlace method: None

Audio tab
- Master bus mode: Stereo
- Sample rate: 44 100
- Bit depth: 16
- Resample and Stretch Quality: best

When rendering:
- Save as type: .mp4
Go to custom template;
Project tab =
- Video rendering quality: Best
Video tab =
- Frame size: custom frame size (width: 640 height: 360)
- Profile: baseline
- Frame rate: 30.00000 (under it, check the box where it says "Allow source to adjust to frame rate)
- Field order should say none (progressive scan)
- Pixel aspect ration: 1.00000
- Number of reference frames: 1
- Variable bit rate: Maximum bps: 3,072,000
Average bps: 3,072,000
Audio tab =
- Sample rate (Hz): 48 000
- Bit rate (bps): 160 000

Hope this helps lol... If you need help trying to understand what I wrote, I'll try to sort it out haha I just wrote nearly everything I could see in the settings that I've played around or was just set as default for some.

agusbmxarg
07-12-2011, 03:00 PM
Dude thanks for posting that, it have helped me aswell.
I'm gonna get Prism as soon as I get on my pc. I've been using Total Video Converter, and Windows movie maker for editing (Hahah I can't say it sucks, but I can't step up the game neither, my pc wont run neither Vegas nor Premiere :( )

Boxerman08
07-12-2011, 07:17 PM
good to hear it helped you agus ;)

xRiverKing
07-12-2011, 07:35 PM
Quality seemed good to me... man you should post this in the footy section.

Liked this vid better that your s3 PCTV ;) line with wallie off the rail and the ender were soo fucking legit

Boxerman08
07-12-2011, 07:54 PM
Quality seemed good to me... man you should post this in the footy section.

Liked this vid better that your s3 PCTV ;) line with wallie off the rail and the ender were soo fucking legit

haha thanks dude! ;) I personally like my S2 stuff better than my S3, but it's all good. Glad you liked it ;) I'll post that crusin' video in the footy section haha

agusbmxarg
07-12-2011, 09:49 PM
Is it possible that Prism takes too long to convert the first time? (I'm using your same settings for s2 clips).

EDIT: Sound dissapears for a tiny moment by the middle of the clip. I don't know why is that happening :(

Boxerman08
07-12-2011, 09:55 PM
For some reason, my Prism used to run a lot faster than it does now. I guess they need to update it, idk lol but it is a little slow. And I have no idea why your sound disappears, that's messed up lol

agusbmxarg
07-13-2011, 07:46 AM
For some reason, my Prism used to run a lot faster than it does now. I guess they need to update it, idk lol but it is a little slow. And I have no idea why your sound disappears, that's messed up lol

Hey, I found out the problem, it does not dissapear, but whenever I open the converted .mpg clip with VLC player, it gets bugged. What video player do you use?

Boxerman08
07-14-2011, 01:07 AM
I use windows media player to watch my rendered clips haha just the most basic shit :p

andreas
07-14-2011, 07:24 AM
guys would it work if I use xilisoft video converter ultimate?

Boxerman08
07-14-2011, 08:23 AM
probably lol i never heard of that converter though

andreas
07-14-2011, 08:28 AM
I tried it out. It sucks because it doesn't allow me to be specific with what I want the results to be. It just asks if I want highest, higher, normal, low, blah blah blah. It converts alright. I'll upload some samples.
edit again: everything seems to have worked out fine. edit is done and it looks clean. I'm pretty happy. thanks dude :D

agusbmxarg
07-17-2011, 06:22 PM
Boxerman, a few days ago I sent you a pm with some questions about vegas but I figured them out, my rendering settings didn't work because in the fields instead of putting dots I used commas hahahah.
I'll post a vegas test video later tonight.

Boxerman08
07-18-2011, 08:24 AM
Boxerman, a few days ago I sent you a pm with some questions about vegas but I figured them out, my rendering settings didn't work because in the fields instead of putting dots I used commas hahahah.
I'll post a vegas test video later tonight.

Ah fuck my bad dude! I don't always notice my PM's on fluckit because I don't receive e-mail notifications lol I just noticed it now though. Sorry for not responding quicker than this, I was gone away all weekend and just came back right now... But I'll be looking forward to that vegas test video later ;)

andreas
07-30-2011, 02:13 PM
made my second edit just now. used color changer shit and quality came out meh but nbd. still learning