PDA

View Full Version : A trick 11 years in the making - or - the Summer Teaser.

DonVigo
07-14-2011, 01:06 PM
I think I've decided since anyone with a cell phone has a cheap camcorder on them at all times I'm going to start collecting the tricks I bag on my phone and do some videos seasonally. Started with the Spring of Suck, and as I skate a lot more in the Summer, I suck slightly less. So, here's the preview of "The Summer of Slightly Less Suck."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7Y6xAcpaBc

Also, this park opened when I was 16, and it's been my local spot on and off since. When me and my skaterat buddies first started going, none of us had any experience at all skating on tranny. As we messed around, I noticed I could kinda get into the blunt stall. It took me 11 years to figure out a way to roll away from it, and actually be able to do so. Sorry to pat my own back, but I've never been so proud of a trick. 23 years of skating and sucking makes you pretty sentimental, I s'pose.

briden
07-14-2011, 01:39 PM
Good shit man! I'm glad you didn't take the easy way out and nosegrab back in. That park looks fun as hell, confirm?

Boxerman08
07-14-2011, 02:17 PM
that park looks like so much fun, especially for skating tranny, sweet blunt 5.0 too. fs 5050s on QP are fucked up to do though haha the feeling of going into it and landing is so awkward for me

m.seven
07-14-2011, 02:30 PM
congrats on the successful trick,man.blunts used to scare the shit out of me.always thinking in the back of my head,"shit,what if i hang up,what if i fall backward on my head,who's that strange man with the van full of puppies?".bet it felt good to finally make it.

Boxerman08
07-14-2011, 02:42 PM
"who's that strange man with the van full of puppies?"

http://peoplethings.com/andblog/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/pipandco_dumbcar_090527_01.jpg

DonVigo
07-14-2011, 03:07 PM
Isn't that a puppy full of van, technically?

Thanks guys! That park is a blast, it's kept me coming back for over a decade, and I pass two other parks on my drive from my house to skate there. I'm blessed as there's 20something decent concrete parks within an hours drive, but this is the place I can go and land my tricks.

Got a buddy of mine back into skating recently, really helps to have someone to get stoked with. Beyond that, it's this ish that keeps me going. Now I need to dream up the next trick... Thinking like, laybacks or something.

Boxerman08
07-14-2011, 03:11 PM
Isn't that a puppy full of van, technically?

Thanks guys! That park is a blast, it's kept me coming back for over a decade, and I pass two other parks on my drive from my house to skate there. I'm blessed as there's 20something decent concrete parks within an hours drive, but this is the place I can go and land my tricks.

Got a buddy of mine back into skating recently, really helps to have someone to get stoked with. Beyond that, it's this ish that keeps me going. Now I need to dream up the next trick... Thinking like, laybacks or something.

hahahaha yeah, technically, the picture I put was a puppy full of van :p but what M7 said made me think of that lol
And you really are blessed to have like 20 concrete parks within an hour drive lol I can't 1 decent park within an hour drive, so it's always a bitch to go to skateparks. And a lot of my friends stopped skating too, so I don't have that extra stoked factor that keeps me skating for hours.

saunders420
07-14-2011, 08:21 PM
good stuff for how old your are, but ya gotta stop eating them cheeseburgers randy. lol jokes getting on your case. but for real that park looks minto

DonVigo
07-14-2011, 10:16 PM
good stuff for how old your are, but ya gotta stop eating them cheeseburgers randy. lol jokes getting on your case. but for real that park looks minto

I MIGHT take offence to that if the Trailor Park Boys reference didn't make me stain the front of my pants with the gigglepiss.

Thanks, my youth.

Also: The music there is something my producer buddy and I messed around with one night. Me playing guitar as he fiddled with his Reason. Seems we went a tad overboard on the vocal drops, but there's some original music for your ear.

SubPsychotic
07-16-2011, 02:06 AM
Sick video dude. way better then i could ever do.