PDA

View Full Version : Skate 4 Thread *IDEAS*

PedoBear
07-17-2011, 04:54 PM
My Idea For The Next Skate Is To Have Legends From Skating History And Past Games
Add More If You Want. This Has Just Been sitting In My Head For A While

Skate :LENGENDS

Skaters:
1. Rob Dyrdek
2. Terry Kennedy
3. Chris Cole
4. Eric Koston
5. Danny Way
6. Stevie Williams
7. Mike Vallely
8. Chad Muska
9. Tony Hawk
10. Bam Margera
11. Bob Burnquist
12. Rodney Mullen
13. Jason “Wee-Man” Acuna
14. Ryan Sheckler
15. Steve-O
16. Matt Hoffman
17. Paul Rodiguez
18. Rick Thorn
19. Kerry Getz

Rides:
1. Skateboard
2. BMX
3. Rollerblades

Spots/Parks
1. Love Park
2. Carls Bad
3. Hollywood High
4. Hubba Hideout
5. Brooklyn Banks
6. The Berrics
7. Bam’s Warehouse
8. Bam’s Skateable house
9. Bam’s Out-Door Park
10. X-Games Mega Ramp
11. X-Games Street Parks (Through-Out History)
12. Fantasy Factory
13. Ryan Shecklers Office
14. P-Rod Warehouse
15. Old Berrics
16. Tampa Am Street
17. Tampa Am Vert
18. Wallenburg
19. All Woodward Plazas

i am a snail
07-17-2011, 05:02 PM
can't hurt to play a little make believe...

if skate 4 is ever made, i always really liked the idea of some sort of catch system, or some sort of system that would adjust the speed of fliptricks. no difficulty modes would be a nice touch too, hardcore is nice and all but it just feels less fun to play on than the standard physics in s2 or og. if anything it seemed like an afterthought.

briden
07-17-2011, 05:08 PM
can't hurt to play a little make believe...

if skate 4 is ever made, i always really liked the idea of some sort of catch system, or some sort of system that would adjust the speed of fliptricks. no difficulty modes would be a nice touch too, hardcore is nice and all but it just feels less fun to play on than the standard physics in s2 or og. if anything it seemed like an afterthought.

I think the THPS series introduced something like this right about when I stopped playing it. I remember playing the demo for proving ground and you could go into super slomo and flick the board in any direction, and you had to release both sticks to catch the board. It sucked being in super slomo, but I always wanted to see something like that get expanded on. Even if it's something as simple as THPS2's "Big Drop" where you had to hit a button when you land or else you'd slam.

But I'm pretty sure that in the near future, there will be one single game that will encompass every single type of game out today. Like it starts off with a free roam city, and you can pick up a board and have a full skate game, or get in a car and have a full racing game, or go to the CIA and have a spy game, etc...

agusbmxarg
07-17-2011, 05:18 PM
lol lollerblades.

i am a snail
07-17-2011, 05:25 PM
I think the THPS series introduced something like this right about when I stopped playing it. I remember playing the demo for proving ground and you could go into super slomo and flick the board in any direction, and you had to release both sticks to catch the board. It sucked being in super slomo, but I always wanted to see something like that get expanded on. Even if it's something as simple as THPS2's "Big Drop" where you had to hit a button when you land or else you'd slam.

But I'm pretty sure that in the near future, there will be one single game that will encompass every single type of game out today. Like it starts off with a free roam city, and you can pick up a board and have a full skate game, or get in a car and have a full racing game, or go to the CIA and have a spy game, etc...
nail the trick from project 8? something like that, except not just willy-nilly flipping the board every which direction with your feet because that was really dumb and you looked dumb when doing it but yeah something like that. big drop would be great, too, since ive always liked seeing huge drops done irl but they're too easy to do in-game.

and god i want to see this game become reality.

Muziiq
07-17-2011, 06:18 PM
i love :)

replicant
07-17-2011, 09:58 PM
I myself am against adding Lengends to the game.

shortz
07-17-2011, 11:28 PM
i really just want a better city again, more tweaks to the physics, and a day/night cycle. they could make some spots accessible only at night too (and vice versa) or something.

if they ever decide to do anything w/ bmx, it should be it's own separate game i think.

Antwan
07-17-2011, 11:34 PM
Day Cycle in skate?
I won't say no until I see it
but I'm willing to bet I'd hate that idea..
hell half of us can't even stand the slight dark shades around PC let alone having an entire city slighty illuminated for whatever amount of time.

Clayfighter
07-18-2011, 08:35 AM
My Idea For The Next Skate Is To Have Legends From Skating History And Past Games

Skaters:
1. Rob Dyrdek
2. Terry Kennedy
3. Chris Cole
4. Eric Koston
5. Danny Way
6. Stevie Williams
7. Mike Vallely
8. Chad Muska
9. Tony Hawk
10. Bam Margera
11. Bob Burnquist
12. Rodney Mullen
14. Ryan Sheckler
15. Steve-O
16. Matt Hoffman
17. Paul Rodiguez
18. Rick Thorn
19. Kerry Getz

Rides:
1. Skateboard
2. BMX
3. Rollerblades

Spots/Parks
1. Love Park
2. Carls Bad
3. Hollywood High
4. Hubba Hideout
5. Brooklyn Banks
6. The Berrics
7. Bam’s Warehouse
8. Bam’s Skateable house
9. Bam’s Out-Door Park
10. X-Games Mega Ramp
12. Fantasy Factory
14. P-Rod Warehouse
15. Old Berrics
16. Tampa Am Street
17. Tampa Am Vert
18. Wallenburg
19. All Woodward Plazas

wee man? steve o? matt hoffman? rollerblades and bmx? bad ideas. no offense but thats the same stuff that helped kill the tony hawk franchise and while i know there wont be a skate 4 none of that stuff would help. and most of those people are not skateboarding legends

adda89ldn
07-18-2011, 08:39 AM
Troll harder

Skatehead
07-18-2011, 10:53 AM
Clay has a point....
I seen the list of 'legends' and just lololololollllllloolololololojkvjnevfe..

bengrover
07-18-2011, 11:02 AM
My Idea For The Next Skate Is To Have Legends From Skating History

Skaters:
2. Terry Kennedy
10. Bam Margera
15. Steve-O
16. Matt Hoffman
19. Kerry Getz

Rides:
2. BMX
3. Rollerblades

Spots/Parks
7. Bam’s Warehouse
8. Bam’s Skateable house
9. Bam’s Out-Door Park
12. Fantasy Factory

lulz

Antwan
07-18-2011, 11:42 AM
I think a skater's participation is their own..
The only person from tony hawk in the skate series is coach frank
Jason Lee..? edit> I guess P-Rod is in there too

Seeing a character like that almost makes me think that skate 4 wouldn't be to far off from the legends idea..

look at all the crazy guys too
dr pepper
meat
bonez

It wouldn't affect your experience, so why does it matter?
It almost seems like you have grudges against certain people haha

I don't know if I agree with bmx killing tony hawk either
but that's my opinion..
I liked American Wasteland.. probably my favorite one.
I even played Project 8 and some of Proving Ground.

No other game has insane wallride powercable grinds
sticker slaps
parkour
If anything skate killed tony hawk
in the sense that when tony hawk was "good" no one cared
there was no drive to be realistic and it was more aimed toward fun
and competition.

xxCALM KILLERxx
07-18-2011, 07:41 PM
lip stalls...

shortz
07-18-2011, 08:01 PM
Day Cycle in skate?
I won't say no until I see it
but I'm willing to bet I'd hate that idea..
hell half of us can't even stand the slight dark shades around PC let alone having an entire city slighty illuminated for whatever amount of time.

this could be remedied by developers tweaking the graphics. i know what u mean about PC, but thats cuz the shadowed areas are really just too dark. thats why there are gonna be certain areas only accessible at night, etc, so its a whole nother skate experience. you could also be given an option to couch surf and skip time in-game.

they should also bring back the security. it doesnt have to be like how it was, but it adds realism. i think its kind of dumb to have a whole city/town cheering me on in this perfect little skate society. maybe have some npcs insult u, and others compliment u.

pawnluvguitarist
07-18-2011, 08:07 PM
the perfect skating game:

landing system of 1080 snowboarding for big drops
grind balancing of Thrasher
Manual balancing of THP8 (with the bar turned off so you have to watch how the skater is leaning)
The smoothness of the OG engine and the quality of the OG city
With all the features of Skate 3 and more

briden
07-18-2011, 10:01 PM
Night cycle would be sick if you could bring out a generator/lights like they have scattered about the sanatorium and downtown night CAP. I've thought about that ever since the New York level of THPS2.

Antwan
07-20-2011, 12:58 PM
the perfect skating game:

Manual balancing of THP8 (with the bar turned off so you have to watch how the skater is leaning)
With all the features of Skate 3 and more
Lol..living in a dream world man!
That would be fucking epic..
snow landings are so fucking buttery too.

honestly don't see the hype in skating at night time with generators though..
Who thinks after dark would've been better in day time?

I said this about every skate game before they came out..
I hope they take their time.. ha

That same dedication that went into OG.. creating a new way of playing skateboarding games
If they had kept that in mind I think the franchise might have been better off.
I think they took one crazy idea and ran with it in 2 and 3.. making small additions.
Don't get me wrong I've come to find my way around the franchise but certain things could've been smoother..
so I say;>>agree with pawn
With all the features of Skate 3;
Reverts, Footplants, Boneless and Hippie jump Physics from skate 2

Wiltzuh
07-20-2011, 01:54 PM
Mostly i would like to see more different style...like every skater could have own personal style. And you could advance your style and touch to your board. That'd be fucking EPIC !
Actually sickest would be if u could pick different style for every trick. You could choose how you bone your kickflip or how you scoop your tre. That'd be my wish.

But yeah, we're all living in dreamland...no skate4 coming at least until 2015. That's what they said. And i'm sad about that

kajigger
07-20-2011, 04:43 PM
Well I think I might have the best solution for those that are yes/no on a 24 hour day cycle. Make to where there is a light "switch" in the pause menu. Then you have the choice of riding in the day or at night. I would have also loved to see the dark catch system evolve into catching caspers or rails.

briden
07-20-2011, 05:31 PM
honestly don't see the hype in skating at night time with generators though..

If you ever do it IRL, it might change your opinion, but I could see it being worthless to alot of people. It could be something like in skate2 when you had to hire big black for security, or call that dude to get rid of skate stoppers, but you could bust out the genny and lights, set them up however you want, to me that would add a whole new experience to both skating and filming in the game. Or hell use them in the daytime, god knows there's a lot of PC that's way too dark.

Ayreon
07-20-2011, 06:40 PM
best idea for skate 4 and it know it might be a bit far fetched....

...make it.

Boxerman08
07-20-2011, 11:20 PM
no skate4 coming at least until 2015. That's what they said. And i'm sad about that

ha pointless, we'll all be dead by 2012 :)

Edit: Generators and the day cycling stuff would be way too sick. And what wiltz said too would be dope, that would add a shitload of creativity to the game. And scratch out a lot of pedobear's "ideas" lol No offence, but rollerblading and BMXing in a skate game would ruin it imo, and some of those "skating legends" don't even skate lol.

But one thing that would be sick, that I've spoke with someone with recently or seen it somewhere (can't remember haha), was that the teleportation stuff by pressing start and going to a location and all, kinda kills the realism factor. In OG skate, there was the metro/train if you wanted to go to a place, would be sick if this was added, or atleast would be good for "career mode" and you could go anywhere anytime in freeskate or something like that. Would be sick too if you had a "home" too, where you'd stash all your shit, like clothes and boards and what not, and you'd have to buy stuff at a skateshop. You gain money with coverage, making demos, videos, shooting photos, etc.

I've got more ideas, but I'm pretty lazy and tired right now, so I'll post later, if I feel like it haha

i am a snail
07-20-2011, 11:23 PM
But yeah, we're all living in dreamland...no skate4 coming at least until 2015. That's what they said. And i'm sad about that
if it comes in 2015 maybe that'd mean they'll take their time on it

shortz
07-20-2011, 11:24 PM
lol@boxer's post

Mage505
07-30-2011, 12:35 PM
Here are my honest opinion ideas:

All skaters (Including Big Black)

City - Give it a new name and base it off of the East and West coast, maybe throw in some random middle USA-like spots. The City needs a Day/Night cycle.

Clothes - 10-15 clothes for each brand. Include custom t-shirt, long sleeve t-shirt, plaid shirts and plaid pants (Gives you 2-3 color options), the colors we see in Graphic Creator and let us choose pants size options such as: Skinny/Tight, Fitted, Baggy. Give us way more shoe options! Monster, Amp, Red Bull, Rockstar and all the energy drinks should have clothes.

Boards - We deserve things like 10-15 decks per brand, Custom Griptape, Berrings and custom Trucks

Tricks need to be improved by adding:
Impossibles
Cigarette Flips
You get it the unique flips.

Skate.Parks

You should get unlimited space for parks and way bigger maps and even throw in a Create your Own City. We should be able to DL unlimited parks (Idk max, please tell though)

You heard my ideas and I hope you all enjoy it.

P.S. More advanced body customization

irydebmx4130
08-06-2011, 08:35 AM
i think there needs to be halfwidth quarters kickers and wedge pieces. there needs to be corners for the kickers and def half sized rails.

irydebmx4130
08-06-2011, 08:40 AM
also i think the darkslide button is stupid i think it should be for tail slaps/lip stalls

Permy
08-12-2011, 06:30 PM
who the fuck is rick thorn?

and the only reason I or anybody hates the shadows in some parts of the city is because they put you in black face/body
fuck skate 3

OH
and if anybody has a code for that dr pepper shit so they can use the dr pepper character, I would appreciate, i hold on dearly to the silly

edit:
graveart

no skate4 coming at least until 2015. That's what they said.
please show me where someone has confirmed this

Roke
08-13-2011, 05:30 AM
I've always preferred rl night footie to day footie (adds the danger component to the shot). I think they should incorporate Kinect technology ONLY in the Create-a-Skater setup of your character. For real skaters, being able to mo-cap your own style for tricks would make your character ENTIRELY unique to you (your ollie style, flip tricks, etc). After that phase though I prefer playing with a controller because the flickit system is fantastic.

Only other suggestion would be to make a HUGE engine like a Liberty City from gta4. It's been suggested a thousand times but the replay value of that game might stretch to a half decade (easily). This may require a new console with the capability to make every single object in say Liberty City grindable (this would take months to maybe years for the development team to achieve which would put this kind of a game 3-5 years away, which, I'm cool with ;)

pairsprowlin 666
08-13-2011, 05:43 AM

Skaters:
1. Rob Dyrdek
2. Terry Kennedy
3. Chris Cole
4. Eric Koston
5. Danny Way
6. Stevie Williams
7. Mike Vallely
8. Chad Muska
9. Tony Hawk
10. Bam Margera
11. Bob Burnquist
12. Rodney Mullen
14. Ryan Sheckler
15. Steve-O
16. Matt Hoffman
17. Paul Rodiguez
18. Rick Thorn
19. Kerry Getz

Rides:
1. Skateboard
2. BMX
3. Rollerblades

Spots/Parks
1. Love Park
2. Carls Bad
3. Hollywood High
4. Hubba Hideout
5. Brooklyn Banks
6. The Berrics
7. Bam’s Warehouse
8. Bam’s Skateable house
9. Bam’s Out-Door Park
10. X-Games Mega Ramp
12. Fantasy Factory
14. P-Rod Warehouse
15. Old Berrics
16. Tampa Am Street
17. Tampa Am Vert
18. Wallenburg
19. All Woodward Plazas

they need to have legends like: Tom penny geoff rowley Jim greco Jamie thomas heath kirchart mike maldonado erick ellington peter smolik jerry fowler danny montoya richard mulder josh kasper ronnie creager adrian lopez i can go on for days about legends.......

Roke
08-13-2011, 06:05 AM
they need to have legends like: Tom penny geoff rowley Jim greco Jamie thomas heath kirchart mike maldonado erick ellington peter smolik jerry fowler danny montoya richard mulder josh kasper ronnie creager adrian lopez i can go on for days about legends.......

Add Lance Mountain, Donny Barley, Mike Vallely, Willy Santos, Brandon Turner, Rick McCrank, Daewon, Forest Kirby, Cairo Foster, Aarto Saari, etc etc etc

adda89ldn
08-13-2011, 07:28 AM
also i think the darkslide button is stupid i think it should be for tail slaps/lip stalls

you can do stalls in this game, you just need to know how to do them.

look at any of pawn's mini ramp vid's for example..

briden
08-13-2011, 12:52 PM

You from Boston?

you can do stalls in this game, you just need to know how to do them.

look at any of pawn's mini ramp vid's for example..

But 90% of them look like shit, I mean no one's ever done a good looking rock to fakie. They could easily mo-cap some stalls and work that into the game engine, THAT would be sick.

pairsprowlin 666
08-13-2011, 01:29 PM
You from Boston?

But 90% of them look like shit, I mean no one's ever done a good looking rock to fakie. They could easily mo-cap some stalls and work that into the game engine, THAT would be sick.

You asking me if I'm from Boston that is a negative I'm from ca

pawnluvguitarist
08-13-2011, 01:53 PM

SG's done some, I do them all the time when skating tranny, just have to hold R1 and/or do a little carve

briden
08-13-2011, 02:04 PM
You asking me if I'm from Boston that is a negative I'm from ca

Fair enough, just weird to see someone put Fowler on that list, and this coming from a big fowler fan.

SG's done some, I do them all the time when skating tranny, just have to hold R1 and/or do a little carve

I know tons of people have done them, but the key part of my post was "good looking"

pawnluvguitarist
08-13-2011, 02:30 PM
I guess good looking is subjective, I thought SG's Rocks and disasters looked amazing in OATS 10.

briden
08-13-2011, 02:53 PM
Ah yeah you're right; when I said "good looking" I actually meant realistic.

Hitmanx123
08-13-2011, 04:46 PM
meh....

sarsparillo
08-13-2011, 05:19 PM
I just want no comply flips, better stalls, the ability to do firecrackers down stairs and the ability to change the width of things in CAP.

Also better fuckin hair, glasses and beards so that every vid isn't the same damn shit. Hell, change "personalities" too so that every skater doesn't look bored/stoned/slightly annoyed; some of us skate like Louie Barletta and spend all our time laughing at the dumb shit we do with our magic wheelieboards.

jerr bear
08-13-2011, 06:30 PM
XD.

pairsprowlin 666
08-16-2011, 03:53 PM
Fair enough, just weird to see someone put Fowler on that list, and this coming from a big fowler fan.

I know tons of people have done them, but the key part of my post was "good looking"

jerry fowler is the man i used to watch him back in the day man..

p1ayrTh3 Ru13
08-21-2011, 09:00 AM
more skaters, like rodney mullen, mike mo capaldi, chaz ortiz etc., more contest places like the Alli series street corses standard or dlc, time cycle, teams, skate.park, in game graphic creator,backwards compatibility with older skate dlcs, and most of all, a WORKING SERVER! lol jk