PDA

View Full Version : CNBS/Deacon presents - Park Storm Part 4, Moonbase Alpha!!! (360, dlc)

Deacon
07-28-2011, 12:18 PM
As some of you may be aware CNBS are playing a little game where we each picked an area and something we would like to skate in it that area, then someone else from the team attempts to build it. This is my attempt at the challenge.

Fully asked for "A custom mini ramp in space with a nice extension, stars, constellations, a spiral galaxy etc."

Fully I hope you like it dude, this was well outside of my comfort zone as i've never made a mini ramp before, let alone in space! No spiral galaxy though, but I think i got everything else!

Hope everyone else likes it too. It was kinda fun to make.

DL Link: http://skate.ea.com/gallery?contentType=PARK&platform=xbox#itemId=1892616

The Start Point!! Energize!
http://downloads.skate.online.ea.com/skate3/content/XBL2/PHOTO/4023/77751/1892618.jpg

View from a mountain
http://downloads.skate.online.ea.com/skate3/content/XBL2/PHOTO/4023/77751/1892619.jpg

The mini ramp (n.b. I've tried to make it look like the ramp has been sculpted/carved into the moons surface, like in a crater or something.
http://downloads.skate.online.ea.com/skate3/content/XBL2/PHOTO/4023/77751/1892621.jpg

The Rock hip
http://downloads.skate.online.ea.com/skate3/content/XBL2/PHOTO/4023/77751/1892624.jpg

Alt angle view of the mini ramp
http://downloads.skate.online.ea.com/skate3/content/XBL2/PHOTO/4023/77751/1892626.jpg

A spine and mini ramp with a rock pole jam!!
http://downloads.skate.online.ea.com/skate3/content/XBL2/PHOTO/4023/77751/1892627.jpg

Anyway guys thanks for taking a peek. hope you'll like it. If nothing else its deffo fun to shred with friends.

Peace Deacon

FullyFl4RED00
07-28-2011, 12:28 PM
DAaaaaammmnnn! This shit looks so good! Yes...I really really like it man you went above and beyond(to space even) my expectations. The energizer room is a brilliant idea haha and everything looks super impressive. I'm pretty sure this is a replica of astroid m7d920001-12304-d2901-873214 in the andromeda galaxy's 78th sector, no? haha good stuff dude can't wait to get clips in flucking space....its going to be hard to make tricks realistic in hardcore mode...I might have to swith to easy with the low gravity and all :rolleyes:

xRiverKing
07-28-2011, 01:12 PM
Looks cool.. I love that you made more than just one mini. Made a good little section out of it.. Will shred later

old-skooler-34
07-28-2011, 01:31 PM
Put down the Xbox and pick up your ps3! :)

Great park man!

Renegade
07-28-2011, 02:21 PM
This is the craziest park I've ever seen but its fuckin awesome! Great job :)

Duce NLS
07-28-2011, 03:47 PM
Literally amazing, teleporters are genius, the whole thing just takes the living piss. Epic winning. Skates well fun too. Peace

killer kow20
07-28-2011, 04:56 PM
i cant not wait to skate this later good shit man it looks amazing

AceExtremeX23X
07-28-2011, 05:25 PM
Very amazing and unique,great job.Funnest mini ive ever skated

Mage505
07-28-2011, 06:24 PM
"Houston we have a problem, people are skating on the Moon"! Dope park, I think it is very original and unique and looks way fun!

xRiverKing
07-28-2011, 07:46 PM
Decon.. you knocked this outta the park dude.

The detailing was great, but it was also a good skate and well put together. If you are planning on doing a lil promo or something I'd def throw some clips at ya..

Boxerman08
07-28-2011, 08:07 PM
Oh my Deacon! (see what I did there.. ;) haha) This is fuckin sick, I'll definitely have to shred this! At first, I was reading the beginning, and when I got to the idea behind the park, a miniramp in space, I was like... wtf... haha it's messed up, but in a really good way. Looks way too good, I hope the mini skates really good and hopefully you can get out of grinding the QP w/o popping out

briden
07-28-2011, 09:27 PM
9.9/10 for the looks and the concept. It just looks so great and I was actually smiling when I first sessioned it. It would have been 10/10 but there are a few spots that are just too grey, and you can't see the coping until the last second... but that's a very minor thing. I really didn't think any new ground could be touched when it came to miniramp skating, but I was wrong. I REALLY like the hip gap over the moon rocks (3rd pic).

Looks way too good, I hope the mini skates really good and hopefully you can get out of grinding the QP w/o popping out

It does take some getting used to, but I think you'll find that most of the coping grinds really well. And I actually had the opposite problem, if you don't come in at a good angle, you fly out and don't lock into a grind at all. The coping is sunk pretty low into the ramp though, so you hardly ever have to pop in. Once you get the flow of it and know which lines to take (and which not to), it's really fun.

knexzor
07-29-2011, 03:20 AM
Dude this looks absolutely fucking stunning. I need to go skate that RIGHT NOW, that's how awesome it looks.
Really have high hopes for the rock hip
Big props!

NotedDerk
07-29-2011, 04:00 AM
Definitely skating this, even though I won't be able to make a video or get clips at it.
fucking skate 3 reel.

MF JORDAN
07-29-2011, 09:07 AM
this gives me the chubbs

Deacon
07-29-2011, 09:48 AM
Hey Guys,

@ Fully - So glad you like it dude. Usualy when I build I build for me (excl. The Berrics I made for Duce) so was stressing that what I built wasn't what you were expecting or envisioned, plus I've never built a mini ramp before. We'll have a shred when you're next online.

@ Riverking - Thanks man, really appreciated. I thnk we're doing a "mini FL" of all the Park storm parks, so yes deffo please send me any clips you get here, or link me your reel.

@ Oldskooler - lol thanks dude, its nothing against PS3, Its just I have everything unlocked on Xbox to build with plus this was a team thing who are all on xbox. I'm trying to recreate my schools on PS3 though just having to get creative using aternate peices for thing not unlocked.

@ Renegade - Appreicated dude, thank you.

@ Duce - :-) cheers mate, I think your park storm idea worked out kinda well. I'm looking forward to ROFL's, Duunders and Mathiys creations.

@ KillerKow - nice one dude - hit me up online btw for a skate, I'll show you them berrics as well (all 3 versions of it!) plus if you fancy doing a bangin' at some point may I suggest and old school berrics bangin'

@ AceExtremeX23X - Gracias dude, I glad you liked the ramp as that was biggest concern with the park.

@ Mage505 - LOL. Cheers man. I'm consdeirng making a Mars Mega Ramp and maybe a Pluto Pool!

@ Boxer - :-) I felt the same when I read the brief of what I had i do! As Briden said the mini takes a bit of getting used too, getting into grinds takes bit of doing first time round as does stalls etc, but you can deffo exit grinds without a pop which was my aim.

@ Briden - thanks dude i'll happily take the 9.9! I toyed with the idea of making the coping a different colour, but I really wanted to make it look like it was part of scenary as if someone has gone there and carved the ramps out of the rocks and only added miminal items (such as polejam etc). As always man thanks for feedback.

@knexzor - Your avatar always makes me laugh. thank you dude - let me know how you get on with hip, i'd be interested in your feedback.

@Notedderk - Cheers man I hope you like it. In relation to reel does the clearing system cache not work for you? Give taco punisher a shout i believe he was directing people to somewhere on the ea forum where you can register your problems etc.

@ Drawls - as you do to me. no homo :-) lol

sarsparillo
07-29-2011, 03:21 PM
Thank you for making a sweet miniramp park on the moon, there's so much wasted fuckin' space up there it just makes me want to cry :P

Seriously though I'm going to use a bunch of these screens as inspiration for a miniramp park; there needs to be way more miniramp parks

Boxerman08
07-29-2011, 04:43 PM
Seshing it right now, and I gotta say its one of my fav CAPs I've seshed in a while. When I got into the CAP, I had a smirk on my face right when I saw teleportation room and I thought to myself it would be so sick if we could have astronaut suits to skate this lol Really good though, not as much tranny in the QP's as I would have liked/expected, but everything runs really smoothly and sick. A really great CAP dude, amazing job on this one.

sarsparillo
07-29-2011, 04:48 PM
I thought to myself it would be so sick if we could have astronaut suits to skate this lol
Finally a use for the Dead Space character cheat

briden
07-29-2011, 04:49 PM
When I got into the CAP, I had a smirk on my face right when I saw teleportation room and I thought to myself it would be so sick if we could have astronaut suits to skate this lol

http://admintell.napco.com/ee/images/uploads/gamertell/issac_clark_skate_3.jpg

Mage505
07-29-2011, 05:38 PM
Hey Guys,

@ Fully - So glad you like it dude. Usualy when I build I build for me (excl. The Berrics I made for Duce) so was stressing that what I built wasn't what you were expecting or envisioned, plus I've never built a mini ramp before. We'll have a shred when you're next online.

@ Riverking - Thanks man, really appreciated. I thnk we're doing a "mini FL" of all the Park storm parks, so yes deffo please send me any clips you get here, or link me your reel.

@ Oldskooler - lol thanks dude, its nothing against PS3, Its just I have everything unlocked on Xbox to build with plus this was a team thing who are all on xbox. I'm trying to recreate my schools on PS3 though just having to get creative using aternate peices for thing not unlocked.

@ Renegade - Appreicated dude, thank you.

@ Duce - :-) cheers mate, I think your park storm idea worked out kinda well. I'm looking forward to ROFL's, Duunders and Mathiys creations.

@ KillerKow - nice one dude - hit me up online btw for a skate, I'll show you them berrics as well (all 3 versions of it!) plus if you fancy doing a bangin' at some point may I suggest and old school berrics bangin'

@ AceExtremeX23X - Gracias dude, I glad you liked the ramp as that was biggest concern with the park.

@ Mage505 - LOL. Cheers man. I'm consdeirng making a Mars Mega Ramp and maybe a Pluto Pool!

@ Boxer - :-) I felt the same when I read the brief of what I had i do! As Briden said the mini takes a bit of getting used too, getting into grinds takes bit of doing first time round as does stalls etc, but you can deffo exit grinds without a pop which was my aim.

@ Briden - thanks dude i'll happily take the 9.9! I toyed with the idea of making the coping a different colour, but I really wanted to make it look like it was part of scenary as if someone has gone there and carved the ramps out of the rocks and only added miminal items (such as polejam etc). As always man thanks for feedback.

@knexzor - Your avatar always makes me laugh. thank you dude - let me know how you get on with hip, i'd be interested in your feedback.

@Notedderk - Cheers man I hope you like it. In relation to reel does the clearing system cache not work for you? Give taco punisher a shout i believe he was directing people to somewhere on the ea forum where you can register your problems etc.

@ Drawls - as you do to me. no homo :-) lol

Mars Mega Ramp, Pluto Pool, sounds super sick!

Boxerman08
07-29-2011, 05:59 PM
http://admintell.napco.com/ee/images/uploads/gamertell/issac_clark_skate_3.jpg

wtf ahaha that's a little too fucked up though, I meant like legit astronaut suits haha

Duce NLS
07-30-2011, 01:06 AM
Skated this last night, must say was lots of fun, the ledge on top into that bank is so much better than where I would have thought to put it,
The hip is well sexy too, I'm looking forward to what comes of this Storm video.

Also, the teleporters literally made me sex.

Download it or your face will explode in 30 seconds.

Peace

Boxerman08
07-30-2011, 03:00 PM
the spine is what I loved the most. I was trying a couple gaps too, and I noticed last night while showing the CAP to a friend, that rainbow rail from 1 QP to the other, was so sick. A really fun CAP, one of my favs

AfRoMaTiC480
07-31-2011, 10:07 AM
place is fun. really good detail. planets look tight
good job

Deacon
08-01-2011, 09:39 AM
Howdy guys thank you for feedback i really appreciate it.

boxer - cheers man, I left the rainbow rail out of the photos deliberately, as I was interested to se if anyone found and skated it. so pleased you found it and liked it.

afro - cheers dude, i was really pleased with how my saturn turned out :-)