PDA

View Full Version : Help save the forums and community!! READ!!!!!!!

old-skooler-34
07-31-2011, 05:24 PM
OK, so no one really goes to EA for the forums anymore correct? Not completely, I ran into an old friend and we started BS'ing about back in the day skating and I mentioned S3. He said he had it and plays but the community sucks and is dead (EA forums for skate). I mentioned fluckit and Like butter and he had no idea they existed.

If you search "skate 3 forums" as I imagine most do/did only the EA site comes up, no skatefluckit or LB in sight.

Is there a way to get fluckit and LB in this search? Anyone think we can get a sticky on EA for these sites?

What I plan on doing is making posts "spamming" the EA site with links to LB and fluckit but WOULD LIKE YOUR HELP. Something like this I was thinking -

Topic: Post your content here
'EA S3 site is amazing for getting your Graphics, Parks, and videos uploaded but be sure to join the www.skatefluckit.com and www.likebuttermag.com community where 99% of us share our content.'

I'll make the first post once my email is verified :/ I'll also still be posting my parks there and replying to peoples threads with "you should visit fluckit and LB" with direct links.

AceExtremeX23X
07-31-2011, 05:26 PM
Sounds like a good idea,im down to help man.

m.seven
07-31-2011, 05:28 PM
i still lurk around EA every once in a while.i'll add links to fluckit and Lb in my sig there.

Ladd279
07-31-2011, 07:25 PM
Im in i'll spam like a lil kid on a suger addiction/going thur puberty

old-skooler-34
07-31-2011, 08:20 PM
I'd prefer you guys not spam our name around, if someone is mentioning the community falling apart though, you could simply suggest it to them.

I'm all for the community living as long as possible and this place will be around for that to happen, however, spamming Fluckit and Lb around is a little distasteful and could actually deter people from the sites.

Perhaps making a single thread titled, "Looking for an Active Skate Community?" and then just posting links to the sites in it? Occasionally bump that thread or perhaps we could have it stickied if needed?

Fair enough, and I understand. I did however make some posts already on EA already but in no way did they degrade the EA site or sound like a salesman trying to steal members. If everyone could just bump and contribute to those threads that would be great!

Spamming it like I first implied might be taking it to far!!!

briden
07-31-2011, 08:47 PM
Kids Table 2.0

old-skooler-34
08-01-2011, 02:34 AM
Not Kid's Table 2.0.

If it turns into Kid's Table 2.0 then shit will be dealt with.

I doubt it would be anywhere near Kids table 2.0. I think all the "kids" or at least the kid mentality has left the game and those that remain take the game fairly seriously. I also have faith in the Moderators of this forum and that any and all BS would be dealt with promptly (like you mentioned). I would even be willing to lend a hand if needed.

TACOPUNISH3R
08-03-2011, 09:33 AM
Please don't spam the EA forums. Like Stoke said, it Is a little distasteful. It also creates more mess for the mods and admins to clean up. Try a single thread. Repeated spam will make Fluckit look like that Canadian Pharmacy that plagued the EA forums.

Ayreon
08-03-2011, 10:30 AM
put the LB and flick it links in your sig. and after every normal post you make, mention LB and fluck it.

it wont be spamming. It will be posting as usual but just with like a fluck it/lb plug in the end

itsNJ
08-03-2011, 10:35 AM
call me a pessimist, but i dont think this would improve fluckit at all... only make it worse

bengrover
08-03-2011, 11:39 AM
call me a pessimist, but i dont think this would improve fluckit at all... only make it worse

Like I said in another post, imo, I don't want all the little kiddies here. Wouldn't get to the stage of EA, but still would have some of that shit.

Not been here the longest, not a big namer, but I like it how it is.

TACOPUNISH3R
08-03-2011, 12:06 PM
put the LB and flick it links in your sig. and after every normal post you make, mention LB and fluck it.

it wont be spamming. It will be posting as usual but just with like a fluck it/lb plug in the end

I don't think that would be received that kindly by some. For example, if I were to mention the EA forums in every post I made here, I'm sure people would get annoyed with me after a while. I think the signature idea sounds nice though.

agusbmxarg
08-03-2011, 01:17 PM
EDIT: nevermind I'm an idiot.

Antwan
08-03-2011, 03:02 PM
Fluck its doing fine I dont even know half of them now.. too many vids to watch too many topics to read it will pan out to your love for the series soon.. Things will be overlooked with a large community. Nothings dying everyone take a deep breath.

Mage505
08-03-2011, 06:12 PM
We should all just make our own Skateboarding video game, the whole entire SkateFluckIt/Like Butter Community. Just find the right people and suggest things.

Braddock420
08-06-2011, 08:14 PM
Like Taco said, spamming the EA forums is in bad taste. Not only that, it can get you banned for TOS violations. Then you couldn't even upload. Also, it's against their rules to promote another site on their site. I go on there and see that it's starting to come back, not like it was, but it's starting again with new peeps all the time.

Antwan
08-07-2011, 10:05 AM
There's still moderators over at EA?
OH, THE DECEPTION!

heshfield
08-07-2011, 11:41 AM
Please dont--many of us still find sanctity here.
Spamming EA to get more people on fluckit would just spread the plague that killed the EA forums.
If people really want a community to be involved in, they would find this place..like we all did.

thesignguy
08-07-2011, 04:14 PM
Hesh for pres

Permy
08-07-2011, 05:36 PM
what hesh said
don't fuck this up you piece of pew

Hitmanx123
08-08-2011, 12:52 AM
if this place gets flooded with bad, im out....

knexzor
08-08-2011, 02:23 AM
Aforementioned, in more gentle fashion. Please.

i am a snail
08-08-2011, 12:00 PM
if this turns to kid's table 2.0 i will be a sad person.

thesignguy
08-08-2011, 12:10 PM
not on my watch it wont