PDA

View Full Version : Some news/rumors! 7/19/2008

Get Stoked
07-19-2008, 06:35 PM
"Link to the forum post regarding the EGM issue. (http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/skate2workingtitle/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-44050302&pid=944909)
Apparently in the new issue of EGM it says there will be a feature on Skate. 2 in the next issue. Also rumored, as most of you know, that it won't be out until 2009.
Those are just rumors though, so, let's not get excited about the EGM issue or disappointed about the release date until it's definite!"

Discuss this! I'm stoked about the issue of EGM, lets hope it's true and we get some good info!

Update!! Thanks to Derek Goodspeed's heads up, we now know that we'll be seeing some Skate. 2 information/videos by the end of this month! So, that very well may include the EGM issue/website updating with some goodies.

Derek Goodspeed
07-20-2008, 03:55 PM
this will get you stoked then...scooty b hinted at some skate 2 info/maybe a video/pics? at the end of the month...i would say a definite "maybe" but definitely something to hope for

if you wanna check out his actual post its in his b day thread on the ea forums

i'm getting super pumped for skate 2 right now...

Get Stoked
07-20-2008, 04:51 PM
Nice, thanks for the heads up, been busy all day and haven't checked much.

jogmister543
07-21-2008, 11:16 AM
Yeah, Ive heard it before, and I can't wait! Thanx for clarifying the moth though. :)

Mac
07-27-2008, 01:36 AM
Man, I can't wait.

This dude at a danish skate forum linked to some Skate 2 information which shoulud be pretty valid, but the site is currently down with technical problems. Fuck.

skater924
07-27-2008, 05:56 AM
Sounds awesome! I hope to hear more soon!

Mac
07-27-2008, 03:20 PM
Some weird site has released some new details, but I wouldn't exactly call it valid.

But here they are - translated from a danish ps3 related site.

• The game takes place 5 years after the first.
• Possible to play as a female character.
• A character editor will let you design your own skater. The editor should be very similar to the one in the Tiger Woods-series.
• You can now jump off the skateboard and remove things that are blocking alternative paths.
• Scared pedestrians will jump to the side if you're rolling against them. (I believed we already had this?)
• It will now be possible to teleport yourself to previously visited placed - without loading times.
• Renewed camera, incl. possibilities to choose more 3. person perspectives.
• Through EA's own web-portal it will be possible to upload homemade videos.
• The game is assumed to run in solid 60 fps (Frames Per Second).

According to the source the game should be released for the PS3 in late '08.

I really doubt we can rely on this too much.

ERIKDOTCOM
08-04-2008, 04:30 AM
Scott B. said it would be out Holiday 08.

TheClosetMonkey
02-16-2009, 06:12 AM
Do spammers really think someone is going to read all that?

Post reported.

DaaGooN
03-11-2009, 08:27 PM
lol old news?