PDA

View Full Version : How come no banner / custom skin for this site?

old-skooler-34
07-31-2011, 08:33 PM
This is without a doubt my favorite S3 site to visit and to post my content on do to its simplicity when it comes to posting pics, vids, etc.. Not to mention its superior Moderating and low tolerance for BS kids sh**.

(Now that I'm done sweating balls)

Why no custom banner and/or custom skin? I've seshed with many people that at first think this must not be a skate site or that it looks more like a directory then a Skate forum.. I imagine there's some serious graphics creators in here that could whip up a banner or 2 and there's even free Downloads out there?

(between this thread and my last in here sorry if I'm coming off pushy)

SK8ERatWAR
08-01-2011, 07:23 AM
i think you're right, first time i came here, i was like, is this a forum for easkate? but maybe you don't need a big banner or custom skins, just some small pics around the site would also do the job, know what i mean?

adda89ldn
08-01-2011, 07:42 AM
this used to have a different look, but it's cheaper to run and we got more features without the aesthetics.

thesignguy
08-01-2011, 09:49 AM
adda is pretty much dead on
we were once going to have a contest to create a new look. I don't necessarily think fluff is needed. Not that I am against it, I created a site almost identical to LB a couple years ago that was invite only and it was covered from head to toe OMFSA!!!!!!!!
I think we are all just scared to pull another Mamba haha

Cerebus_
08-01-2011, 10:22 AM
Keep it as it is I'd say. No Mambas....

Antwan
08-01-2011, 10:25 AM
http://skatefluckit.com/showthread.php?t=5083 no one wanted to

adda89ldn
08-01-2011, 11:30 AM
this used to be the logo:
http://ll.assets.ea.com/nawp/na/u/f/GPO/ugc/skate3-cgc/2010/9/11/8af889c12aed6a5b012b016813f01b98-1284218819000-ORIGINAL.png

old-skooler-34
08-01-2011, 01:26 PM
(again, sorry if I'm coming off pushy, I know ultimately I have no say)

My worries lately have been that the communities dieing on all 3 sites, not just EA. When less people respond to vids, parks, pics, etc. less people take the time to make a sick on. When I mentioned this site in a sesh and hear "I don't understand that site, it's hard to navigate" and I try to explain its not haha!. It's obviously very easy to navigate but what I think happens is their thrown a curve ball when they see Vbulletin as the web page they're on and not skatefluckit.

How much more does it cost for a custom skin? Maybe we can set up a donations type deal.

bohemian
08-01-2011, 01:46 PM
dude all it takes is to upload a simple image.

bengrover
08-01-2011, 01:53 PM
(again, sorry if I'm coming off pushy, I know ultimately I have no say)

My worries lately have been that the communities dieing on all 3 sites, not just EA. When less people respond to vids, parks, pics, etc. less people take the time to make a sick on. When I mentioned this site in a sesh and hear "I don't understand that site, it's hard to navigate" and I try to explain its not haha!. It's obviously very easy to navigate but what I think happens is their thrown a curve ball when they see Vbulletin as the web page they're on and not skatefluckit.

How much more does it cost for a custom skin? Maybe we can set up a donations type deal.

May be sticking my nose in where it's not wanted, but this sites just fine for me. Nothing fancy, just skate discussions, vids etc. I feel if all the kiddies were joining here, obviously it wouldn't get to the stage of EA, but little petit and dumb arguments etc. is bound to happen. The guys up top can only do so much, but if it were me, it would get tiresom removing and banning this shit. Plus, all the people who I recognise and enjoy there vids are over here anyway. You see the odd new perons vids which are enjoyable, but I wouldn't personally like to see everyone and his dog here.

Tis' all good in my hood.

bohemian
08-01-2011, 02:31 PM
yeah, uploading one file to the server is way to much work.

Deacon
08-04-2011, 06:55 AM
The only thing I would like to see is a "Skate Fluck It" Logo/Banner across the top of the page.

Everything else is perfect, simple and straight forward.

emericaridr11
08-04-2011, 08:45 AM
the vbulletin is kind of wack, but I LOVE the white grey and blue.......

straight class

Hitmanx123
08-04-2011, 02:33 PM
Stfu

teh m1L3z
08-06-2011, 10:35 PM
your a mean boy max...