PDA

View Full Version : Rant On "How People Film Realistic Things"

PedoBear
08-03-2011, 10:09 PM
Im Just Putting This Out There But I Hate When People Do "Realistic Montages" And The Camera Man Can Follow You Down A 10 Stair Or Go Across With You In Perfect Form

I sever heads
08-03-2011, 10:12 PM
Nice video!

SupaFly
08-03-2011, 10:19 PM
Pheeeew !! good thing i dont attach the word "Realistic" to anything i do,might get ranted on.BTW sweet vid.

EternalRewind
08-04-2011, 12:39 AM
Ender!!!!

Slamooh
08-04-2011, 01:33 AM
if you take it too seriously, everyone of us (realistic, semi-realistic, beast realistic (haha), arcadish, etc) do something wrong...
but only the bad kids care because they forget it's a just video game.

Those bad kids are the worst imo... claming they're strictly realistic... but look at how they crouch, how they wallie, how they perfect catch...lol
What's bad ? doing your own thing (whatever it is) and having fun or being obsessed by realism and fail at it ?

Antwan
08-04-2011, 01:51 AM
Honestly slamooh i think your comments contradict.. Taking something serious enough to insult it.. In reality this is what we shaped it to be we had to learn the stuff too and at the end of the day people want a more active community, heres your start.. Drink it in.

Roke
08-04-2011, 01:53 AM
english not his first language.

MarcoPoloUSN
08-04-2011, 02:38 AM
I like the movie "Just Go With It" with Adam Sandler.

pairsprowlin 666
08-04-2011, 03:04 AM
Im Just Putting This Out There But I Hate When People Do "Realistic Montages" And The Camera Man Can Follow You Down A 10 Stair Or Go Across With You In Perfect Form

this has to be the dumbest thread ive ever seen hands down...

bengrover
08-04-2011, 03:05 AM
it's a just video game.

/rant.

pawnluvguitarist
08-04-2011, 03:13 AM
Even since day one of OG, putting "realistic" in the title has been nothing but trouble haha.

Seanne1986
08-04-2011, 03:27 AM
I hate it more when people Type Like This All The Time.

Deacon
08-04-2011, 03:47 AM
I don't see why people get so annoyed when someone puts realistic in the title, in the grand scheme of things does the title of a video really have that much of an impact on your life, if it does, its time to put the controller down and go outside for some fresh air.

A "fake" skate video can be what ever you want it to be. Skate how you want to skate, film how you want to film, and as long as you enjoy doing it, thats all that matters.

Slamooh
08-04-2011, 04:28 AM
Honestly slamooh i think your comments contradict.. Taking something serious enough to insult it.. In reality this is what we shaped it to be we had to learn the stuff too and at the end of the day people want a more active community, heres your start.. Drink it in.

well. it may look like they contradict... (as vibez said, i may use the wrong word sometimes and look more aggro than i really mean...i am sorry for that...). let me rephrase it (and try to be more understandable).
its more like i don't get why people are extremists about labels...If it's labelled realistic and the camera is flying down stairs...then what ?... if it looks good and well thought out (i mean no random tricks or angle) then i don't care... i can enjoy it. being all upset because everything is not strictly realistic is kinda retarded, it's a game (and i don't think i really know what realistic means ? do you ?). labels are macroscopic imo...it's not really about details... thanks to the label "realistic" you can distinguish stuff like most of us do on fluckit from stuff like mega ramp random flip tricks (for instance)... and it's fine, it's all i need
then when i talk about bad kids...i mean realistic extremists... the ones flaming your stuff because it can't be done by an amateur 12 years old skateboarder, or because your ollie to grind is too high... So yeah they try to be as realistic as possible, cool, why not ? its nice to try to recreate something... it means you care about details, about how it looks...good i can enjoy it. But then i see retarded crouch (unrealistic / bad looking), i see retarded wallies (weird physics... wallie on an object that can't be "wallied" irl), i see weird perfect catch (things that don't happen irl)...in this case i'm all "look who's talking" because it's not as realistic as they claim it is... they flame people though. They better put their money where their mouth is...
to sum it up. i don't care about labels if your stuff is not random and looks good. but if you blame people for not "respecting" your label, try to be consistent.

ps: lol ... marco taking revenge ;) and deleting his post.

mamba12
08-04-2011, 04:54 AM
this again? is it just obligatory for people to argue about this every so often?

this is what killed the skate "community" bad kids trolling arcade skaters, and vice versa. just fucking let it go.

Roke
08-04-2011, 05:09 AM
Choose:

1) Ppl flame your vids?
2) Ppl ignore your vids?

Bauce

Mark the Sith
08-04-2011, 06:16 AM
Here's the thing, just because your fake skater is poor and has some handheld crappy camera doesn't mean the rest of us do. My fakeskater has Michael Bay-like budget and camera rigs, so I can float a camera down 20 sets with no problem. Maybe you should invent better backstories?

Deacon
08-04-2011, 06:50 AM
Here's the thing, just because your fake skater is poor and has some handheld crappy camera doesn't mean the rest of us do. My fakeskater has Michael Bay-like budget and camera rigs, so I can float a camera down 20 sets with no problem. Maybe you should invent better backstories?

Brilliant! Imagine a Michael Bay produced/directed RL Skate vid, it would make the intro to fully flared look like a day at the beach.

emericaridr11
08-04-2011, 08:42 AM
these guys film my stuff for me......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljRDiYMDuyo&feature=related

BannerBoy360
08-04-2011, 03:56 PM
if i was a negative hater, i would say 'S.T.F.U'
but im not so im just gonna say that i think you are touching a subject that has been touched too many times.

heshfield
08-04-2011, 04:13 PM
theres only three things you need to consider when filming a fake skate video:
1. aesthetics
2. aesthetics
3. aesthetics

..its all very subjective--whats right for one person isnt always right for everyone.

if you dont understand what Im talking about, take an art class.

Roccityroller
08-04-2011, 04:48 PM
Mark the Sith and Hesh win at this thread. Everyone else is just nonsense.

and that's a realistic post

NotedDerk
08-04-2011, 04:57 PM
Seanne Brought Up A Good Point, Not Every Word In A Sentence Needs To Be Capitalized, See How Annoying This Looks?

maybe it's just me..

briden
08-04-2011, 05:04 PM
Seanne Brought Up A Good Point, Not Every Word In A Sentence Needs To Be Capitalized, See How Annoying This Looks?

maybe it's just me..

I've seen people IRL who type with caps lock on and hold down shift for everything that isn't capitalized. Maybe this is related.

And on topic with the thread: I go into topics with "Realistic" in the title expecting realistic skating, not necessarily realistic filming.

Boxerman08
08-04-2011, 05:23 PM
Brilliant! Imagine a Michael Bay produced/directed RL Skate vid, it would make the intro to fully flared look like a day at the beach.

I laughed so much at this (@Deacon/Mark's comments)

This so-called "rant" is pointless. Take it to the kid's table, not on fluckit. Do what you want with the game, not what others want you to do.

m.seven
08-04-2011, 05:24 PM
realistic,arcade,low-pop...i don't even think about it,i just fakeskate.filming-wise i think it's just a matter of opinion and personal taste.

MarcoPoloUSN
08-05-2011, 12:06 AM
My message has been received...
don't want a big ugly reply junking up this already cliche thread.
all is good with everyone... have fun playing skate! :)

fallingskyline
08-05-2011, 12:42 AM
play the game to have fun!

Slamooh
08-05-2011, 01:17 AM
i was clumsily stating something similar to what hesh said... but whatever...

Gizzler
08-05-2011, 02:16 AM
play the game to have fun!

....nonsense! i play this game to get rich, but adda doesnt come over with all the fake cheques he owes me :D

but on topic: i think, not "cap killed creativity", but all these discussions about realism and what not. so im going with heshfield...if it looks good, it is good!

Braddock420
08-06-2011, 08:06 PM
What if you film realistically but skate arcadish, or vice-versa? Would that create a paradox from which not even the ridiculous could escape?

MackBoogie
08-06-2011, 08:57 PM
What if you film realistically but skate arcadish, or vice-versa? Would that create a paradox from which not even the ridiculous could escape?

Borderline impossible...It just cant happen

i am a snail
08-06-2011, 09:17 PM
this thread
VVV
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110718225529/uncyclopedia/images/5/50/This_is_stupid.gif

what hesh and slamooh said

teh m1L3z
08-06-2011, 10:19 PM
<---- clay and cip are bff's

mark wins. love it

jerr bear
08-11-2011, 06:00 PM
What Slam and Hesh said.

Oh and Philosophy class > Art class

Permy
08-11-2011, 07:08 PM
I Hate When People Fucking Type Like This.

fucking faggot

agusbmxarg
08-11-2011, 07:57 PM
FACT, there are some 'arcadish' tricks that, to name a few, Richie Jackson or Louie Barletta could do. So that makes 'em realistic, RIGHT?!

Demzilla
08-11-2011, 08:55 PM
"Philosophy class > Art class"

this is hilarious...

possibly more funny than the thread it self...

bohemian
08-11-2011, 11:05 PM
i hate demzillas cam legacy.

ha!

EternalRewind
08-12-2011, 12:05 AM
yeah what he said

adda89ldn
08-12-2011, 04:36 AM
....nonsense! i play this game to get rich, but adda doesnt come over with all the fake cheques he owes me :D

but on topic: i think, not "cap killed creativity", but all these discussions about realism and what not. so im going with heshfield...if it looks good, it is good!

sorry gizz, moneys tight, the stingray hq in london got looted :(

if rl filmers could film the way we can in the game. they would.

Granka
08-12-2011, 04:50 AM
if rl filmers could film the way we can in the game. they would.
This ^
End of discussion.

Demzilla
08-12-2011, 10:35 AM
bo...

but i was once known as the worst cams in the game....
im trying to get that back....

buahahahahaha...

http://dvdforme.com/Jim/20405.jpg

bohemian
08-12-2011, 11:37 AM
sweet

RedScharlach
08-29-2011, 01:08 PM
FACT, there are some 'arcadish' tricks that, to name a few, Richie Jackson or Louie Barletta could do. So that makes 'em realistic, RIGHT?!

FACT indeed! don't know if you were being sarcastic or not, but forreal. but a lot of skaters are totally closed-minded to "circus" style stricks and thus haven't even seen those dudes and thus have a much more limited conception of what is possible in reality.

also, why do is 30% of this thread hate directed at the discussion itself? lol, we're all taking a few seconds/mins out of our day to take part in it, why do we have to put it down at the same time. whats wrong with conversaing about the aesthetics of a game we all enjoy?

agusbmxarg
08-29-2011, 01:25 PM
FACT indeed! don't know if you were being sarcastic or not, but forreal. but a lot of skaters are totally closed-minded to "circus" style stricks and thus haven't even seen those dudes and thus have a much more limited conception of what is possible in reality.

I wasn't being sarcastic at all man.

Look, I don't skate in real life, I ride bmx, that doesn't mean I can't enjoy of skateboarding as a whole. I watch as many skate videos as bike videos, I enjoy hanging out with friends who skate; also since the existence of this game I can say I'm even more hyped on skateboarding than some irl skater dudes I know hah.
I also notice the guys I know are way too close-minded. For example, they only care about the whole deathwish/Shake junt thingy going on, like if skateboarding is all about them. Of course I enjoy watching Slash doing bs smiths down sick ledges or The Boss bustin' fakie bs heels down multiple sets, but there many other sick things in skateboarding. MANY.
I understand they don't like Brandon Biebel's style because he is 'too rapper', but saying Mo's part in Fully Flared sucks because he lands everything so roboticly perfect it doesn't look natural? What!?

quantum ch33ze
08-30-2011, 12:24 AM
Just gotta throw this out there, Mo's part in fully flared was boss, hell, that whole video was insane! and Beible is fucking sick :) mad shit on that guy, tell whoever dont like him to watch the girl outbackwards tour, cause that shits DOPE :)

I wasn't being sarcastic at all man.

Look, I don't skate in real life, I ride bmx, that doesn't mean I can't enjoy of skateboarding as a whole. I watch as many skate videos as bike videos, I enjoy hanging out with friends who skate; also since the existence of this game I can say I'm even more hyped on skateboarding than some irl skater dudes I know hah.
I also notice the guys I know are way too close-minded. For example, they only care about the whole deathwish/Shake junt thingy going on, like if skateboarding is all about them. Of course I enjoy watching Slash doing bs smiths down sick ledges or The Boss bustin' fakie bs heels down multiple sets, but there many other sick things in skateboarding. MANY.
I understand they don't like Brandon Biebel's style because he is 'too rapper', but saying Mo's part in Fully Flared sucks because he lands everything so roboticly perfect it doesn't look natural? What!?

Hitmanx123
08-30-2011, 02:02 AM
shut the hell up your all bad and make crappy videos

sarsparillo
08-30-2011, 06:51 AM
not me I rule I once did a ollie down a two stair

bohemian
08-30-2011, 07:45 AM
new rule: discussing the game - prohibited on fluckit grounds

briden
08-30-2011, 01:27 PM
not me I rule I once did a ollie down a two stair

Whatever man, come back when you took it to a three stair

Hitmanx123
08-30-2011, 09:44 PM
i honestly dont know what this thread was originally going for but i just want to say i quit