PDA

View Full Version : Let's fix the game!

Bat420maN
08-17-2011, 06:41 PM
Ok, I have been calling EA daily for the last two weeks. Today I managed to get a guy to basically admit that they know bringing down the original Skate servers is what is causing all of our problems. He explained that the tech guys weren't exactly sure what caused it to effect the other games but, that they knew the servers going down played a part in it.

I cant get them to do this alone, I need your help to get them to take action. I have been calling daily just to tell them that I want it fixed or my money back for the game and the DLC. We need to speak up if this is ever going to be fixed.

EA Tech Toll Free: 866-543-5435
EA Tech Support: 650-628-1001
EA Corporate: 650-628-1500

Tell them your issues, tell them you've done all the tricks and trouble shooting, tell them that if they don't get the issues fixed you want your dam money back. They cant afford to give us all refunds, they will have to fix it.

xRiverKing
08-17-2011, 07:55 PM
Yeah I talked to some too, the one bitch told me that "The Skate 3 servers are working fine" ... haha

experienceosiris
08-17-2011, 08:04 PM
This is exactly what i wanted to do. Thanks for the number, i'm saving it to my phone so i can bitch at them daily. But like you said we need a lot more people doing this.

Bat420maN
08-17-2011, 08:57 PM
If we stay on them they will have to fix it. We need more people telling them about this though. We got to hit there asses in mass. I will be calling them every dam day till the stuff is fixed, hope some of you guys do the same.

briden
08-17-2011, 08:58 PM
Yeah I talked to some too, the one bitch told me that "The Skate 3 servers are working fine" ... haha

I was also told this just moments ago. Along with a slurry of other nonsense, my favorite being:

Jordan: I am escalating your issue to tier 2 team, should I ?
2257108859: I have no idea what that means
Jordan: I mean I am escalating your issue to tier 2 team
2257108859: wow

If we stay on them they will have to fix it. We need more people telling them about this though. We got to hit there asses in mass. I will be calling them every dam day till the stuff is fixed, hope some of you guys do the same.

Is there an alternate (toll-free) number? I'm not really trying to make long-distance calls every day.

Boxerman08
08-17-2011, 09:12 PM
Is there an alternate (toll-free) number? I'm not really trying to make long-distance calls every day.

I'm not willing to pay long-distance calls everyday either, would be the same as giving EA more money lol I'd rather use that money on a CAP Card, rather than long-distance calls for bullshit servers, but a toll-free number would be good lol

Bat420maN
08-17-2011, 09:16 PM
Toll free number added to the top post.

Ohmidineffect
08-17-2011, 09:46 PM
EA's options:
Fix the game
Refund the players
Dick everyone out of everything as they've done before.

Bat420maN
08-17-2011, 11:13 PM
If everyone comes together for this we can easily get the game fixed. The problem is we need everybody that is still active to get in on this bitch fest. They will never listen to two or three of us but, if we can get a couple dozen calling them daily we may be heard.

quantum ch33ze
08-17-2011, 11:20 PM
this shit is genius haha, ill deffs call in, cause this is bullshit, we should just start calling multiple times a day, might be quicker than just everyday, lol and it would show em that people are gettin really pissed off at them, so just keep their phones a' ringin' :D

bohemian
08-17-2011, 11:21 PM
let it go.

Bat420maN
08-17-2011, 11:29 PM
let it go.

That's the attitude that has left this game so messed up for the last two-three months. I bought every DLC, including time is money after I had already beat the game just to show my support. It's time they give a lil back, or give us back our dam money.

bohemian
08-17-2011, 11:39 PM
maybe robin will help you

Bat420maN
08-17-2011, 11:46 PM
There's always got to be one assclown. Save that shit for some other time please.

Antwan
08-18-2011, 12:51 AM
Cool activist approach I guess but theres no refunds for DLC right every game dies eventually atleast connectivity online will.. I just dont see them putting og servers up after making an announcement about them going down.. Gotta know when to throw in the towel man.

Bat420maN
08-18-2011, 01:03 AM
I also spoke to xbox support today. They were ready to refund my DLC, the only problem was that it was purchased over a year ago and I was told that, that was as far back as they can go. The guy I talked to at xbox was in full agreement that they(EA)have screwed up big time after I explained the issue. I honestly don't give a dam about the OG servers but, if that is the cause of messing up two other games then something needs to be done. Alone I wont get shit changed, together we can change the world.

I feel like I should be telling you about a dream I had now. lol

bohemian
08-18-2011, 01:12 AM
no. im not saving anything for later.

ive been playing this game for many years now. its had its time. Im sorry you newcomers feel your missing out, and desperately trying to make it work.

it wont.

ea cut it. deal with it. play with whats left or move on.

complaining or plotting wont help one bit.

Bat420maN
08-18-2011, 01:20 AM
Newcomer? I have been on the series since the day Skate 2 came out. Not sure where you got the newcomer crap from.

I am sorry it bothers you that once someone pays for something they expect to get what they pay for. I forgot your the final say on that kind of stuff, right?

Now seriously, your not into the cause of trying to get the game fixed, move along, there is nothing in this topic for you to see.

bengrover
08-18-2011, 01:47 AM
EA's options:
Fix the game
Refund the players
Dick everyone out of everything as they've done before.

My moneys on option 3.

Bat420maN
08-18-2011, 01:58 AM
My money is on option 3 as well if every one just sits around being ok with getting butt fucked by EA. We can easily change this though if people would start to call up and say fuck this.

bohemian
08-18-2011, 02:54 AM
lol

pawnluvguitarist
08-18-2011, 05:01 AM
Newcomer? I have been on the series since the day Skate 2 came out. Not sure where you got the newcomer crap from.

A newcomer to Fluckit, which has been around since like 2007. And a newcomer in comparison to a core of this community that have been around since OG.

Not saying who cares about the new guys or anything. But for a lot of guys its been like 4 years of the community, the vids, the games, its been a fun ride, but its coming to an end.

Bat420maN
08-18-2011, 05:16 AM
I still wouldn't be a part of this place if it wasn't for the few here that I know and enjoy conversing with. My vids get no respect here, nor does the work I put in. I could care less what you guys think of the newcomers(it's pretty obvious now). Not all of us are willing to sit around and watch a game we enjoy die. If that's what you OG's are about(sitting around getting butt fucked)so be it. I ain't into anal, and I was taught that if I want something, fight for it.

Side note: It's funny I read a post in here the other day about getting more members here, is that so you guys got more people to treat like they don't belong?

NotedDerk
08-18-2011, 05:59 AM
I understand what the others are saying, but this time batman, I applaud your efforts.

Antwan
08-18-2011, 06:02 AM
Who are you really mad at bat? We arent EA.. to be an activist you would probably want to convince others to help rather than stirring up shit be a little more open minded and maybe even apologize.

Bat420maN
08-18-2011, 06:32 AM
I ain't mad at anyone. And if it appears it's me stirring up shit you need to take a look at your OG's coming in here for no other reason then that, or possibly a mirror would suite you. I am done with all of your newcomer crap shove it up your asses, I don't care about it. I am here to try to get this dam game fixed. If your not into the cause, fuck off, it's really that simple. I shouldn't need to convince any one here to be ready to fight for something we all put so much time into. Apologize? For not being a pussy and willing to take it up the ass? Again, fuck off.

I'll be making my calls at 8:00 am and again at 1:00 pm(pacific time)anyone else feel free to help me clog up the phone lines.

adda89ldn
08-18-2011, 06:49 AM
bother the higher up's on facebook:

this is sean sherwin, he was one of the main developers, and still works for e.a.

i messaged him when the servers were screwed up before, the next day everything was working.

flood him with messages.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=520547386

thesignguy
08-18-2011, 07:14 AM
I'm the only one who said anything about newcomers I think. And Bo is the only one giving you shit in here. Don't be so shallow and maybe some would take you seriously.

Ohmidineffect
08-18-2011, 07:33 AM
The only reason I'm against is because this isn't like a political protest or a strike at a job, if you harass customer support lines they're just going to cut service to the game. Which will lose them alot of fans but save them money that they won't have to spend on fixing the servers etc. Business is business and time is indeed money so if we're wasting time they can be spending elsewhere they're going to kill off the thing wasting it, which is the servers for Skate as a whole. Where as if we come up with a more reasonable approach to it they might be willing to do something. If you wanna be serious start a petition and email it to EA. collect multiple emails from devoted members and tell EA that there are still quite a few of us playing the game. That's more respectable than badgering at the tech support guys. They offered bat420man a refund because he's one person but they're not gunna refund EVERYONE for a 60 dollar game and DLC. Think in terms of reasoning. Just whatever you do don't flood the phone lines it's the easiest way to get the game axed.

Bat420maN
08-18-2011, 07:40 AM
adda Thanks for that link, will do. I think I am the only person in the world without a Facebook account, so I got to do that first I guess.

signguy Put a leash on your OG's. All they want to do is run off at the keyboard, all I want to do is fix the game, yet I am shallow. Funny how that works.

8 am call coming in 20 minutes.

Ohmid The deal with everyone needing to call tech is the fact that most first time callers will be told they don't even know there is a problem. We need to make it known that the crap servers are fucking with more then just myself.

Ohmidineffect
08-18-2011, 07:50 AM
Cool. I see you didn't even read what I said. These are people who have shown a pattern of not giving a fuck about fans. The more you annoy them is the more they think "Hey our phones/ lives would be much easier if we just drop all the servers instead of working to fix a server for a game thats been held on to for a year with no sign of a new release. If you wanna make it a real thing respond in an organized REAL way with documentation. Or as I said before you can just keep calling them everyday along with 30 other people until they "Fuck this game" and drop the ax. I'm not an OG but I am a sensible human who realizes that you're risking the game by doing this.

Bat420maN
08-18-2011, 07:52 AM
I read it, it just wasn't there while I was posting. You can see the edit I just got through putting in there. I get what your saying but, if they don't know there is an issue how will it ever get fixed.

bengrover
08-18-2011, 07:57 AM
There is nothing I want more from this game than for it to run smoothly. But I'm pretty sure the odd phonecall won't change that. You can say "if evryone does it.." but the fact is they wont. And when you actually think about the population of the active community on here and similar places, even if everybody from here called, it wouldn't be enough to even make a dent in EA's thought proces of the Skate series.

So it's not the fact I or we don't want to get all this games flaws perfected, but more the fact that in reality, the likelihood of anything major happening is slim. I imagine they will fix this major server issue eventually, but I've give up on the hope of the servers ever running perfect.

Maybe I'm just cranky cause I just found out I failed my A Levels, but thats my thoughts on the situation.

signguy Put a leash on your OG's.

And comments like that probably won't help up your respect you recieve.

Ohmidineffect
08-18-2011, 08:00 AM
They know there is a problem, point blank. They admitted to it. What they're doing is a working strategy of playing dumb. Even if you escalate it they can either choose to keep playing dumb or they can isolate your incident say its limited to just you and offer you a refund to shut you up. Calling them is giving them all the keys. Play smarter, make a petition composed of gamer tags (from both xbox 360 and PS3), first names, date that they joined the petition and E MAIL adress to verify that it's a person. They can't isolate one problem if there are at least a hundred of us listed down as people who have had the same problems.

thesignguy
08-18-2011, 08:06 AM
signguy Put a leash on your OG's. All they want to do is run off at the keyboard, all I want to do is fix the game, yet I am shallow. Funny how that works.

yes you are shallow that is a perfect example at least you understand now.

the last time the servers went down, I got a hold of cuz. It was days if not over a week or two after the problem started. Everyone was calling tech support. They said they were fixing the problem. Cuz called one person that could fix it. He then fixed it and said he had no idea there was a problem. There is no "team" for the skate series. Sad but true. There probably is someone that can fix it, but they will NEVER find out from tech support NEVER. Fact
I'm not going to bother cuz over it, I'm just not. Maybe he knows someone to fix it mayne not anymore. Cuz has moved on.

mamba12
08-18-2011, 08:07 AM

you are VERY shallow for lumping all the old head's in with flix

this thread had credibility until you started talking about the core of fluckit "being a pussy and willing to take it up the ass?" tone it down a bit. give respect and you shall receive respect.

last warning. Do i have to remind everyone of this (http://skatefluckit.com/showthread.php?t=2831)

Bat420maN
08-18-2011, 08:07 AM
Ben I am not here to gain anyone's respect. My feelings on the whole respect thing here is you got to stick your nose up some asses first, and that ain't how I roll. If it's not givin it's not returned.

Ohmid Your probably right in the fact that a petition would be a stronger recourse. The main problem I see with it is if we got everyone active here and the couple of other places I know of, we probably wouldn't even get 100.

One things for sure, you all type a lot faster then I do

signguy The fact you stated that they will never find out is for sure not a fact. If enough people complain they will have to start handing out refunds or fix it.

mamba Maybe it sounded bad lumping all the OG's like that but, check the negative posts here they all had over 500 posts and been here awhile. About the respect thing read the too Ben in this post.

8am call update: I am guessing I was just kind of being rushed off the phone but, the guy told me right away that it is a well known issue for the 360 right now and it is being worked on. I would like to hear if any others were told the same thing, or were they just trying to get rid of me.

thesignguy
08-18-2011, 08:37 AM
OK I looked to see the negative comments
1 person and if you go by his join date its 2010, hardly long enough to be lumped in with the rest of us
I repeat YOU ARE SHALLOW!!!
and yes if history repeats itself complaining to customer support will NEVER fix a problem. I am not being negative I am being honest.

Bat420maN
08-18-2011, 08:43 AM
You are negative, you keep bringing the shit up. I don't care, this is about fixing the game nothing else. It got off topic when others came in spewing trash. You keep going out your way to pull it off topic, and to call me names. I am guessing, mission accomplished.

For your one line of that, that was on topic. If enough people complain they will either have to fix it or start handing out refunds. One of the two will have to happen.

thesignguy
08-18-2011, 08:52 AM
I still wouldn't be a part of this place if it wasn't for the few here that I know and enjoy conversing with. My vids get no respect here, nor does the work I put in. I could care less what you guys think of the newcomers(it's pretty obvious now). Not all of us are willing to sit around and watch a game we enjoy die. If that's what you OG's are about(sitting around getting butt fucked)so be it. I ain't into anal, and I was taught that if I want something, fight for it.

Side note: It's funny I read a post in here the other day about getting more members here, is that so you guys got more people to treat like they don't belong?

yeah your right I brought it off course

Bat420maN
08-18-2011, 08:54 AM
Now go back and quote what that was in response too.

Better yet don't bother, just stay on topic.

thesignguy
08-18-2011, 09:01 AM
Pawn wrote:
(A newcomer to Fluckit, which has been around since like 2007. And a newcomer in comparison to a core of this community that have been around since OG.

Not saying who cares about the new guys or anything. But for a lot of guys its been like 4 years of the community, the vids, the games, its been a fun ride, but its coming to an end. )

Can you read?

Bat420maN
08-18-2011, 09:04 AM
Can you? Seems way off of the subject matter to me. Seems you would rather be off topic though.

DonVigo
08-18-2011, 10:10 AM
ITT: More reasons the internet sucks as a communications tool.

Bats has an idea which is all with good intent, Bohemian acts like an asshole (just calling a spade a spade), Bats gets defensive and makes a statement that's a little too broad about the OG's, the OG's come back at him in a very condesending manor, and fuck all gets done to help any of us out.

There's plenty of people I consider my e-buddies on both sides of this fence, and I'm just going to say ya'll should step back, grab a cup of coffee, count to ten, and see if you're here to contribute or just fuel the flames.

Again, Bats is working with good intent. If you want to support him, do so. I'm not going to lie, I'm in the "I gave up a long time ago" boat, but I'm sure as shit not going to be a dick to Bats if he wants to try to Andy Dufrane the situation in the rest of our behalf.

Even the non-malicous but unsupportive posts are simply deconstructive. If you've given up, that's fine, but there's no need to shit on a guy for wanting to keep fighting the good fight.

Sorry to sound like everyone's dad, but I'm disappointed in a lot of folks I like and/or respect right now...

bohemian
08-18-2011, 10:24 AM
i try to be polite

and honest

but by all means, keep up your 'fight'. keep calling ea. i wont tho. sorry. :)

DonVigo
08-18-2011, 10:41 AM
http://www.thoughts.com/Media/Photos2/Dori_Grey/517469463_1271798246.jpg

Any other cards up your sleeve, Bohemian?

bohemian
08-18-2011, 10:47 AM
quote where i come across as the asshole you describe.
if you cant handle this, real life must surely be some tuff shit.

thesignguy
08-18-2011, 10:52 AM
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr209/thesignguy/fun.jpg

thesignguy
08-18-2011, 10:56 AM
I know the humor in it is over 6 months old but you got to chuckle

bohemian
08-18-2011, 11:04 AM
w
t
f

my dick isnt that big

briden
08-18-2011, 11:16 AM
i try to be polite

http://media.gamerevolution.com/images/misc/LINK_STOP_LAUGHING_MAH_BOI_by_Aethios.png

For real though this thread turned to shit real quick.

DonVigo
08-18-2011, 01:50 PM

Sorry man, but you're not coming off too well talking shit like that. Hell "get over it" is something of a dick statement in and of itself.

Like I said, just calling a spade a spade. Seems to be the spark that set all this shit off in the first place.

Not being Al Gore, I did not invent nor do I contol the big series of tubes that is the Internets, so do what you will, but there's my full two cents.

bohemian
08-18-2011, 01:55 PM
http://www.latimes.com/includes/projects/hollywood/portraits/david_spade.jpg

sorry if i hurt your feelings

Bat420maN
08-18-2011, 02:41 PM
Way to stay on topic guys.

Did anyone else call today? I would love to hear what was said.

iRipper89
08-18-2011, 03:30 PM
god damnit I knew my internet was all fucked up.

Every time I try to log in to fluckit it seems that my browser redirects me to the ea forums.

thats odd...

m.seven
08-18-2011, 03:33 PM
gave em a call and got pretty much the same response as most have gotten and was left with the impression that they really could give two shits about fixing the problem.besides that the yearly EA cashcow known as Madden drops this month,so they could care less about this.
hate to say it man,but seems like we're not gonna get any help from EA on this,but i hope i'm wrong.

briden
08-18-2011, 03:55 PM
Way to stay on topic guys.

Did anyone else call today? I would love to hear what was said.

Online chatted last night and two people said they "sent the problem up" but neither of them knew of the problem already.

Phone chatted today and the guy kept telling me its an issue on my end, told him dozens of people are having the same problem, starting at the same time. He FINALLY told me that they've been getting related calls this past week, mostly in the past few days. Unless he was lying to me, people are calling and getting the problem out there.

BUT I HAVE AN IDEA that could maybe get the problem noticed without the xbox troubleshooting nonsense

When you try to send a graphic to game from the website, there's an error. This HAS to be an ea server issue, as the connection to your xbox doesn't matter. I'll try calling back with this and see where it takes me.

booootz
08-18-2011, 04:01 PM
Viva La RevoluciĆ³n

called today~

Permy
08-18-2011, 04:09 PM
urdumb
the only people concerned with getting new people here are the recently joined
i personally fucking hate anyone that joined in 2011 that had no prior knowledge of this place
fucking cunts

anyway
urstupid and stuff bad mad bam boom pow
faggots

*excluding park creators and graphic makers
**basically just batman
***and graveart

-graveart

Bat420maN
08-18-2011, 04:32 PM
Briden That is the best approach I have heard anyone here taking, let me know how that goes next time you talk to them.

booootz Did they acknowledge there was a problem or did they brush you of as an isolated incident?

Perm I don't expect anything more then that from ya. Go hug your mom, then slap her and tell her to swallow next time.

FlyMike
08-18-2011, 08:24 PM
Lol. Shit is stupid. And I'm not talking about the game fix efforts. With some of these egos you'd expect peeps to have won shit or been on a bracket. There's no semi-pro Skate leagues though, so I guess I gotta bow down to the first guys who performed kickflips on analog at home and posted about it.

But I'm just a fresh scrub to a fucking vbulletin forum. What do I know? :)

Yo Batman, I'm going to call but.......what are the known issues? Honestly, I spent alot of time offline, started back playing the game, and then bought all the DLC last month(except Filmer and Maloof). So all I'm really noticing is that I can't access After Dark dlc at all. I'm on ps3.

Bat420maN
08-18-2011, 08:51 PM
As far as I can tell the PS3 guys are having a lot of the same issues uploading footage directly to the reel. From what I have read the youtube uploads work fine, just not to the site reel. I am really not informed of what all problems PS3 users are having. Try the basics and let me know. Try to grab a park, try to send a graphic to your game, and try to upload some footage directly to the site reel. Let me know how that all works out for you, cause I have a couple other PS3 guys that stay offline wondering the same thing.

teh m1L3z
08-18-2011, 09:24 PM
i was able to connect to reel and browse clips and parks for once. dl'd a park. couldnt upload clips. kept failing. talked to a chat support dude. didnt help. but they say they are very aware of the problem. there whole servers are acting crazy they said. and they say it seems hit or miss with when things will work and not.

m.seven
08-18-2011, 09:29 PM
i'm on PS3 and it's pretty much the same issues as you Xbox guys.can only upload anything at certain fucked up times of day,same with graphics.i can download parks anytime,don't build so i don't about uploading parks.all my dlc works at all times as well as any CAPs i have downloaded that have dlc.
it's really sucking the enjoyment out of this game for me.i'm at work during the time frame that i can upload,so this is getting to be a huge pain in the ass instead of being fun anymore.hopefully EA will step up and take care of the problem.

FlyMike
08-18-2011, 10:13 PM
I can grab parks (so long as I have purchased the dlc that contains a prop that might've been used in said park) and browse clips. I'll try uploading something when I get home to see if it lets me.

But the After Dark has never worked for me. Ever. Or maybe I'm too stupid to know how to access it.

Apparently, they've already killed it. But is EA trying to remove all traces of this franchise or something?

briden
08-18-2011, 10:19 PM
I online chatted to some people again today, some acknowledge the problem, some have no idea, i was told once that there's a team working on it. One person told me to keep checking the EA forums, so I checked that out. NOT the kids table, but a link from the customer support page.

This problem is not just happening to the Skate games. You've got people all over the main page reporting the same problems with EA nation servers for other games. If anybody on here plays other games that use those servers, can you confim/deny it happening? IF so, complain about it. If this really is affecting a wide range of games, then they're way more likely to do something about it

DonVigo
08-18-2011, 10:40 PM
This problem is not just happening to the Skate games. You've got people all over the main page reporting the same problems with EA nation servers for other games.

This actually gives me some hope. If it's not just us few knuckleheads, maybe they'll actually have to fix something sooner or later.

Bat420maN
08-18-2011, 10:46 PM
Thanks for the info guys, I'll pass it on to the others I know.

If we just stay on top of them and keep letting them know there are people still actively playing this game they will have to fix it.

FlyMike Pause, go into locations, then look for Sanatorium. If it's not there I would try deleting it from your PS3(not sure how to do that)and re-downloading it. If it doesn't pop up then, I would for sure bring that up in a phone call. Let me know the results after you try it out.

I'll update again after my 8am call tomorrow morning. Have a good night all!

Need for speed is still working for me, and the demo for Madden 12 forces a connection to the servers that seems to be working just fine for me.

quantum ch33ze
08-19-2011, 12:06 AM
all of my ea games are working fine with connection, but a couple weeks ago, just before the skate servers went to shit my nhl 11 wouldnt connect me to ea nation, than like 2 days later i couldnt connect to it on skate, and than after it connected i couldnt upload, brows parks, or send graphics to my game, some people are saying it only works between 2-3 pm, others said it was early mornings(10-11 am) and late at night(3-4 am)

bohemian
08-19-2011, 12:20 AM
i just called

to say

i love you

fallingskyline
08-19-2011, 02:14 AM
i just called

to say

i love you

<3

I just called to say how much I care...

Sad story, that servers are bitchy again. put on the other hand, the game is over a year old, and is definatly on an gta or a cod, where publishers do care about. face the truth, with no team behind it, skate is dead!

Bat420maN
08-19-2011, 08:39 AM
8am update: I got the "it's a known issue and being worked on". If any one else calls today share your response.

mreasyguy
08-19-2011, 09:20 AM
I think its a EA in general situation, lately i havn't been able to connect to any ea game i try, BFBC2 RB3 TW12 S3, all wont let me connect to ea, was in a live chat for well over an hour, i'll copypaste everything they gave me to try, see if it helps anyone...

"Erin S.: Alright as the previous agent did state this is a known issue right now we are gathering information to send over to the concerned department who run the servers to resolve this so if you would not mind following these steps that would be great thank you. I would like you to follow the steps below for a UO Trace which will further assist me in locating exactly why we are having this connection issue today: 1. Using your Internet browser on your PC, click the following link to download the UOTrace program: http://support.ea.com/ci/fattach/get/9597/ 2. Run UOTrace. (If a pop-up box appears telling you 'UO Server List not found,' click No.) 3. Click the Options menu at the top of the window and select Advanced. 4. In the rectangular window where the server is listed, type in easo.ea.com. 5. Click the Trace Route button, which is the fourth button from the left. 6. After the trace route has completed, click the Poll button, which is two buttons to the right of the Trace Route button. 7. Let it send around 100 or so packets then click Stop Poll. 8. Click Edit and select Copy. 9. Click the Start button (Windows button for Microsoft Windows Vista) on the Windows Taskbar. 10. Select All Programs. 11. Select Accessories. 12. Click Notepad. 13. From the menu toolbar, click Edit and click Paste. 14. From the menu toolbar, click File and click Save. 15. We can Save the file to your Desktop. 16. You can now go ahead and upload the files to the Live Chat."
Then i had to download that program and while running it it was evident that i was not receiving packets off 3 of EA's servers, i was then given this to do and since then its been working alot better.

Erin S.: Alright if you do not mind following the instructions below and trying your game again I just want to make sure we have exhausted all troubleshooting steps thank you. Turn Off Windows Firewall We are now going to disable your Windows Firewall because it has been known to cause issues with loading and connecting to games. Do not worry, turning off your Windows Firewall does not make you any more vulnerable to viruses then you are with it on. To turn off your Windows Firewall I would like you to follow the instructions below: Windows XP 1. I would like you to hold down your Windows key on your keyboard, between the Ctrl and Alt key. (The one that looks like a flag) 2. While holding down the Windows key I would like you to hit the "R" key on your keyboard. (This will bring up a new "Run" window) 3. Inside that "Run" window I would like type in "firewall.cpl" and hit "OK". 4. This should bring up a new "Windows Firewall" window. 5. Inside this window I would like you to select the second option to turn your Windows Firewall Off. 6. Go ahead and hit Apply and OK. Windows Vista/7 1. I would like you to hold down your Windows key on your keyboard, between the Ctrl and Alt key. (The one that looks like a flag) 2. While holding down the Windows key I would like you to hit the "R" key on your keyboard. (This will bring up a new "Run" window) 3. Inside that "Run" window I would like type in "firewall.cpl" and hit "OK". 4. This should bring up a new "Windows Firewall" window. 5. Inside this window I would like you to locate on the left hand side the option "Turn Windows Firewall on or off". Go ahead and click on this option. 6. We are going to select the option to "Turn off Windows Firewall" on both Home and Public network location settings. 7. Go ahead and hit OK. 8. Now on the same left hand side I would like you to locate the option for "Advanced settings" and select this. 9. This will bring up a new "Windows Firewall with Advanced Security" window. 10. On the left hand side I would like you to locate, from the list, the option that says "Windows Firewall with Advanced Security on Local Computer". 11. I would like you to right click on this option and select the "Properties" option. 12. Inside the Properties window next to "Firewall state:" we are going to click the drop down and select the option "Off". 13. Now hit Apply and OK. 14. We can now close all windows that we have opened.

hope this helps some peeps, i know its a wall of text but i thought id share the info i gots.

xRiverKing
08-19-2011, 09:47 AM
Didn't work for me, my firewall was always down anyways

Bat420maN
08-19-2011, 10:39 AM
Yea, mine is always off as well.

For the last couple nights come about 2 in the morning I can clear the cache a few times and get it to work long enough to upload about three clips. Come around about 4:30 it's completely dead again. That's pacific time for anyone lookin to try it out. It's still a pain in the ass but, it will work for that brief period of time.

mreasyguy
08-19-2011, 11:16 AM
yeah my problem is a bit worse than i thought, the reel issue was bad enough now i cannot connect to ANY EA game online, sitting in a 30 min queue for tier 2 support lol, oh how i love you EA

xRiverKing
08-19-2011, 11:16 AM
Yes there is an 8 hour or so period of when it does work. But that is during the day for people in Europe.. all of us US/Canada people have to either wake up early or stay up late.

But don't tell them that.... it'll make them think there is no issue

heshfield
08-19-2011, 11:30 AM
Although I applaud your efforts, you guys who are calling seem to be getting the run-around..
You really shouldn't have to mess with your firewalls or download other programs to "help" them fix their servers.

I think EA is throttling connections to their servers; hence the small window of time that uploads actually work.

I hope Im wrong and they end up resolving the issue in one way or another, but thats doubtful. We went through the same thing last time the servers went down; all the calling/chatting with customer service did nothing--signguy had to go to Cuz so he could notify the right people on the inside to fix it.

Sorry to say it, but you guys are probably just wasting your time..

Bat420maN
08-19-2011, 11:36 AM
We might be wasting our time. If we don't make the attempt though, nothing will ever happen any way.

A friend of mine I spoke to earlier was talking about EA possibly throttling the connections. I plan to bring that up during my 1:00 call.

Permy
08-19-2011, 01:02 PM
hold on hold on
kill yourself

thesignguy
08-19-2011, 04:21 PM
Enough wise ass'n

More power to you guys as far as I'm concerned

teh m1L3z
08-19-2011, 06:22 PM
saw someone posted a chat with Erin S. thats who i spoke with last night. she said same thing to me basically.

eventually im gonna get a cap card anyway so im nvr gonna be done with skate even when it does croak. ima be at fluck til i can be online anymore

Bat420maN
08-19-2011, 06:26 PM
Had to run out after the 1:00 call so updating now.

I asked about the throttling, he said he knew or had no indication of anything like that going on. Told me they have been getting a lot of calls the last couple of days regarding the issue, and have a team working on it. Let's hope he wasn't just bullshitting me to get me off the phone.

Roke
08-20-2011, 03:06 AM
Cap card looking good right about now!!

Bat420maN
08-20-2011, 04:40 AM
One would be nice right now. I don't think we should be forced to buy extra shit to enjoy a feature that the game is supposed to provide though.

m.seven
08-20-2011, 07:15 AM
One would be nice right now. I don't think we should be forced to buy extra shit to enjoy a feature that the game is supposed to provide though.
exactly.i think the majority of us have spent enough money on this game.

pawnluvguitarist
08-20-2011, 08:17 AM
exactly.i think the majority of us have spent enough money on this game.

Although a cap card is much quicker, easier and better quality than even a fully functional reel, if such a thing exists haha.

You're right, we shouldn't need one, but if you can afford it, I highly recommend one.

Bat420maN
08-20-2011, 08:47 AM
I have wanted to pick up a cap card for awhile now for another project I have wanted to do. Sadly, I can't afford to pick one up till after the end of the year.

8am call update: Pretty much the same crap as yesterday. They know there is a problem, getting lots of calls about the issues, got a team on it.

pairsprowlin 666
08-20-2011, 10:14 AM

lol lol lol lol maybe catwoman too!!

DaaGooN
08-20-2011, 12:01 PM
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g81/thelegend111111/tumblr_lokck8bYVQ1qdp2veo1_500.gif

Skatehead
08-20-2011, 12:31 PM
This thread is the bad.

Bat420maN
08-20-2011, 06:03 PM
Three in a row how cute. I'll get you a bag for those recyclables prowlin.

I was able to upload a clip at about ten this morning, thought I would be able to clean out my saved stuff but, nope! It died on me and haven't been able to connect again since.

pairsprowlin 666
08-20-2011, 06:15 PM
three in a row how cute. I'll get you a bag for those recyclables prowlin.

I was able to upload a clip at about ten this morning, thought i would be able to clean out my saved stuff but, nope! It died on me and haven't been able to connect again since.

bad is correct mad you will stay lolahhhhhh

Bat420maN
08-20-2011, 08:05 PM
Poor lil baby, go hug your mother. You shouldn't have to be on a message board looking for attention.

i am a snail
08-20-2011, 09:31 PM
i applaud your efforts despite the fact that this is pretty pointless. as much as all of these new guys, myself included, hate to see it go so soon for us, skate already had its time and ea just dont really give much of a shit anymore so either make it happen how you can or you can keep demanding a multibillion dollar corporation to bend to the will of about twenty thirty people. hint: option two is kind of dumb.

anyway yeah theyre going to fix the servers eventually especially considering that more than one of their games are having these problems.

Permy
08-21-2011, 07:02 AM
am i the only one that thinks bat420weedskaterman is acting like a baby?

Skatehead
08-21-2011, 07:27 AM

nope.

DonVigo
08-21-2011, 08:10 AM

Dear Pot,

I was simply writing to inform you of your particular pigment. You sir, are indeed black.

Love,

The Kettles

(There's some irony to dipshit trolls pointing out the childish behaviors of others. Thanks for making Fluckit such a GREAT place to be, guys. You really do a lot of good with your playground rhetoric... No really, you do.)

thesignguy
08-21-2011, 08:14 AM
Come on man just let it go. Wether I or anyone else like the op or thinks what he's doing is worth it or not is irrelevant. If Demz saw this thread he would trim the crap from both sides and you all know it. Even if the adition of some members might change the over all feel of fluckit, it is one of the only places some can still enjoy the game just like the rest of us. Most of the stuff the bat did wrong were in response and provoked. I'm not pointing fingers or calling anyone out, yet.

mamba12
08-21-2011, 08:44 AM
Dear Pot,

I was simply writing to inform you of your particular pigment. You sir, are indeed black.

Love,

The Kettles

(There's some irony to dipshit trolls pointing out the childish behaviors of others. Thanks for making Fluckit such a GREAT place to be, guys. You really do a lot of good with your playground rhetoric... No really, you do.)

Don, while i agree some people in this thread just need to shut up, is trolling the trolls going to solve anything?

p1ayrTh3 Ru13
08-21-2011, 08:49 AM
i completely agree with signguy

Anyway, On ps3, I've only been able to download parks, and that's it. I can watch videos, but they load really slow, (don't know if that's normal, because i don't usually watch skate.reel stuff.), and the usual no uploads problems. I've been hearing about like a window when the servers are working, anyone know when that would be for Atlantic est? I've heard like 2 or 3 am to 10 or 11 am pacific i think. tried calling ea a few times got the we've got a team working on the problem thing.

briden
08-21-2011, 11:21 AM
Come on man just let it go. Wether I or anyone else like the op or thinks what he's doing is worth it or not is irrelevant. If Demz saw this thread he would trim the crap from both sides and you all know it. Even if the adition of some members might change the over all feel of fluckit, it is one of the only places some can still enjoy the game just like the rest of us. Most of the stuff the bat did wrong were in response and provoked. I'm not pointing fingers or calling anyone out, yet.

Demz just made his own thread about getting the servers fixed like a week ago, so I doubt he'd be on your side.

thesignguy
08-21-2011, 12:15 PM
I'm not talking about the servers smart guy
I'm talking about the BS in this thread that has nothing to do with the original post.

Permy
08-21-2011, 12:20 PM
Dear Pot,

Love,

The Kettles

what you don't understand is that I'm actually the king of fakeskate and I therefore banish you from the realm of fluckit.
You have 20 hours to leave this place to never be scene again

If you weren't referring to me..
meh
otherwise you're just retarded, sorry.

Bat420maN
08-21-2011, 12:24 PM
Get on topic or get out of it, it really is that simple.

8am update: Didn't wake up till about ten so I called then. Got the same stuff as the last three days. Known issue, team working on it.

bohemian
08-21-2011, 12:48 PM
how annoying

Ohmidineffect
08-21-2011, 12:54 PM
If three days of calling gets you the same response what makes you think It'll be any different if any of us call? Let them work, if they're planning on fixing it they'll do it without you telling them.

DonVigo
08-21-2011, 01:16 PM
Don, while i agree some people in this thread just need to shut up, is trolling the trolls going to solve anything?

Fair point made, and duely noted. Guess it's fueling the fire, but it's frustrating watching Fluckit degrade to what the rest of the internet seems to be. With all due respect, as a mod, can you lend a helping hand to this situation?

Bat420maN
08-21-2011, 02:52 PM
Ohmid The problem is up until three days ago they didn't even acknowledge there was a problem. I intend to stay on top of them till it's resolved, and I recommend everyone do the same.

Don He ain't gonna do nothing about the shit starters here. Be sure though that if I was doing it to their topics I would have been banned already.

thesignguy
08-21-2011, 03:19 PM
I warned each side three times now
Nobody listened
Incredibly disappointing
Think what you will, this thread is locked