PDA

View Full Version : Art is crime

Antwan
08-23-2011, 02:03 PM
Color on wall is graffiti.. and in skating is a grind in reference to grinding down rails.. Ruining property? The other day I had to leave my board with a grocery store cop because I was on "public private property" I thought.. Really? What have you guys had to put up with while out expressing yourselves? Is private public property a real thing? haha

Roccityroller
08-23-2011, 02:56 PM
funny thing is. Cops usually leave rollerbladers alone.

I get a lot of cops showing up cuz people called for kids skateboarding and then not caring cuz we were rollerblading.

mostly just "you can't skate here" "Ok" come back 2 hours later.

SK8ERatWAR
08-23-2011, 05:56 PM
gah i hate how it is in america, i'm glad that's not much the case in the netherlands..

EternalRewind
08-23-2011, 07:44 PM
when I was a teenager I ran from the cops all the time for skating ... one time I didnt run and I did get a 70 ticket, another time I didnt run I got a ticket but I gave false name and info, so I never got the ticket lol... Also there was sometimes I didnt run and the cops just warned me...
Me and my friends would go to the mall and try to make the security guard chase us in the trucks :).. Workers from inside there shops near skate spots would always kick us out.. It all comes with being a skater...

Antwan why did you let the rent a cop take your board?

replicant
08-24-2011, 12:57 AM
Our local locals when I was a kid would impound our boards and ticket us.
That is why as soon as they showed up we'd scatter into the wind and woods.
As an older skater now I just buy the cop a coffee or biscuit and he watches out for me. =)

Antwan
08-24-2011, 03:43 AM
Its not like I couldnt take him or anything eternal but if im in a store to buy something I figure I can trust the dude I wouldnt have got far anyway.. Its that dont give a fuck mentality that makes us hated I feel. Im very civil about skating.. Theres always somewhere else.. You can be rational in such situations.

Deacon
08-24-2011, 08:00 AM
If its not a real cop, then they are fair game for a beating if they persist with their tomfoolery

SpadedOne
08-24-2011, 09:34 AM
You should have never left anything with a grocery store cop. Here in California they're not even legally aloud to make physical contact with you. A good rule of thumb is a gun. If they have a badge they can be a rent a cop. Which have no power. But if they also have a gun then they're real cops. And they do have power. You should have told the rent a cop to fuck off and if he touches you, press charges.

Antwan
08-24-2011, 10:53 AM
Press charges? Really? Why even waste that much energy its a regular cop that hangs in the grocery store I dont judge and im not about to fight for the right to hold my skateboard for 2 minutes you guys are hilarious.

TACOPUNISH3R
08-25-2011, 06:56 PM
Had some lady call the cops on us saying "we were disturbing the peace and kicking over trash cans." We were seshing a ledge haha.
Had to dip at a skatepark for not wearing a helmet.

bengrover
08-26-2011, 04:10 AM
Theres always somewhere else..

Not if you have no board.

momadaddy
08-29-2011, 02:53 PM
i rolled and i always got booted. never pass you board/bike/skates over! wait for the real cops! no joke. FUCK THE RENT-A-COPS