PDA

View Full Version : What about Nyjah ?

Slamooh
08-31-2011, 11:44 AM
http://www.chrisnieratko.com/

skHate88
08-31-2011, 04:18 PM
there's no genuine reason to hate the kid....but i do... i really do. i want him dead.

Roccityroller
08-31-2011, 06:53 PM
Kid's a boss. Can't deny it.

Skatehead
08-31-2011, 07:12 PM
^^^^^ YUP, even tho I cant stand the kid, hes madddddd good.

Clayfighter
08-31-2011, 08:29 PM
i guess its cause i dont like mulattoes.... take that however you like

replicant
08-31-2011, 11:46 PM
It's ok Clay. Many people hate cookies.

As for Nyjah, the kid is a beast and has been for awhile.
Nyjah or Cole should have won the SL Championship instead of Malto.
Malto is a nice guy and talented, but his skating was the equivalent of bowling with bumper rails.

Stevland
09-01-2011, 01:27 AM
he's like michael jordan in his prime. very good, but it gets boring.

rzrfvr
09-01-2011, 03:28 AM
Yeah I think his skating is boring too. He's crazy good though. It's just his style, it is too controlled. I see the exact same thing in a lot of really young competition style skaters like Nyjah, Ortiz, Malto, even Sheckler to an extent. P-Rod skates this way too. Kind of robotic.

replicant
09-01-2011, 03:40 AM
I really think that aspect is just the curse of a contest skater. Many times if you look at someone in their video part and then watch them in a contest it's so different because of the contrast of what they can skate and why they are skating it to begin with. Sometimes a skater just comes off robotic no matter the format. I've always felt that for Tony Hawk because he always skated the same whether it was a video, contest, or tutorial. Since he retired I enjoy watching him skate more because now it's just for kicks. The All 80's All Day Vert comps the past couple years have been some of the most fun skating to watch simply because it's a bunch of old timers skating for shits and giggles.

The NJ SL Championship had some nice moments from Chaz, Cole, and Nyjah as they were trying to beast their way to the win.

Duce NLS
09-01-2011, 04:00 AM
Yeah I think his skating is boring too. He's crazy good though. It's just his style, it is too controlled. I see the exact same thing in a lot of really young competition style skaters like Nyjah, Ortiz, Malto, even Sheckler to an extent. P-Rod skates this way too. Kind of robotic.

This. *nods*

rzrfvr
09-01-2011, 05:08 AM
The NJ SL Championship had some nice moments from Chaz, Cole, and Nyjah as they were trying to beast their way to the win.

I agree, Tech Section was the most fun to watch though. Just more variety. I think the competition format is what makes some competitions boring.

I remember back in the day when Terje Håkonsen (snowboarding) was winning every single half pipe competition with the exact same run every time. I still remember it:

Frontside air, Backside air, fs 720, cab 720, Stalefish, McTwist

And then he switched it up and threw in the Håkonflip instead of the cab 720. Boring as shit but he was hella good.

knexzor
09-01-2011, 10:13 AM
the only reason I resent nyjah is because he is always winning. which is silly but whatever
malto, on the other hand, is just dead boring. nollie, insert grind, we get it. do something exciting

DonVigo
09-01-2011, 10:21 AM
I agree, Tech Section was the most fun to watch though. Just more variety. I think the competition format is what makes some competitions boring.

I remember back in the day when Terje Håkonsen (snowboarding) was winning every single half pipe competition with the exact same run every time. I still remember it:

Frontside air, Backside air, fs 720, cab 720, Stalefish, McTwist

And then he switched it up and threw in the Håkonflip instead of the cab 720. Boring as shit but he was hella good.

Ahhhhh.... Terje... The good old days. The ENTIRE reason I hate Shaun White is while most kids have to work to get good, Terje and the rest of the original Burton team (The Gooch, Rippey, etc.) taught that little shit everything. Respect needs to be earned.

Nyjah... I dunno. I'm not a fan, as I always root for underdogs in contests, but he doesn't have that "I need to be punched in the head" attitude that I feel Shaun White and Ryan Sheckler have/had.

And honestly, I was just reading something about the guy having a really shitty homelife with some kind of abusive dad. Tough to hate on someone who's skating to escape that shit.