PDA

View Full Version : A discussion at my local park today

DonVigo
08-31-2011, 06:22 PM
So. My park was built in 1999, and many others have popped up recently which are newer and bigger. For some reason, outside of a dozen or so locals, seems everyone who used to skate the place either has a park closer to where they live, or at least one they just prefer now... And as such, the scooter fucks have taken my place over. Being old, and big, they tend to stay out of my way... But it's funny when they engage you in conversation. As follows.

Scooter kid (Randomly to my friend Mike): Skateboards are lame.
Mike: Uh... No... Scooters are lame.
Scooter kid: Skateboards are made of trees. You don't have to kill a tree to make a scooter.
Mike: Uh... Maple is a pretty easy tree to grow and harvest, and a lot of these things are being made out of bamboo and other easier to sustain woods.
Scooter kid: Yeah, but scooters are made of metal.
Me: And skateboarders are made out of heterosexuality, what's your point?

Also, there was a breastfeeding mom at the park this afternoon, and I landed a couple really shitty iceplant to tails.

Random and meaningless, but beer makes me share things.

FullyFl4RED00
08-31-2011, 06:45 PM
hahaha I have had similar conversations with "scooter" kids...and then i borrow their scooter, land a bunch of lame tricks, give back their scooter and tell them I skateboard because scootering is too easy.

sarsparillo
09-01-2011, 06:24 AM
Strip mining for metal to make a scooter then running a smelting plant to actually work the ore into a usable metal is way worse for the environment (and kills more trees) than harvesting and replanting four Canadian Maple trees to make two dozen skateboard decks. Plus, scooter kids look like babies.

DonVigo
09-01-2011, 10:58 AM
Strip mining for metal to make a scooter then running a smelting plant to actually work the ore into a usable metal is way worse for the environment (and kills more trees) than harvesting and replanting four Canadian Maple trees to make two dozen skateboard decks. Plus, scooter kids look like babies.

Yeah, my buddy Mike works for Quicksliver which owns one of my favorite snow/skate companies (Lib Technologies) and we wound up having a long discussion about sustainable woods versus metal work for a good half hour after the gay joke was cracked. Frankly, any kid who RANDOMLY tells you how lame skateboarding is due to the trees you're "killing" isn't smart enough to get the logic... But I'm stoked to know that my brain isn't the only one wired to think of the industry behind the sports.