PDA

View Full Version : Maloof Money Cup DC 2011 [Summarized]

replicant
09-05-2011, 01:44 AM
First off, the main cons of MMCDC. The livecast was poor quality at 360p. Doug E Fresh is awesome, but couldn't get the crowd going since most of the youngsters had no idea who he was. The commentators honestly were so bad they made me miss Sal Masekela and that is saying a lot. The Head-2-Head bracket format while better visually than a full jam is still something I don't like. Now on to the show.

~AM Finals~
It was the Ishod Wair show. The dude just needs to be Pro already. He outclassed everyone so bad it wasn't even a contest really. Matt Berger got 2nd place and Trevor Colden got 3rd. Was hoping Gilbert Crockett and Louie Lopez would have placed better, but it just wasn't in the cards.

AM Winner: Ishod Wair

~Pro Finals - Round 1~
Ryan Decenzo VS Jack Curtin - Not sure what happened to Decenzo, but Curtin simply owned him the whole time.

Manny Santiago VS Vincent Alvarez - Manny simply owned the course and really kept it centered on the big rail. Alvarez was playing catch up from the start and just didn't have the bag of tricks.

Collin Provost VS Tom Asta - Provost started out good and then fell apart about mid-run. Asta just stayed solid the whole run and took it with ease.

Bastien Salabanzi VS Figgy - Decently even match at first, but Bastien pulled away near the end. Figgy just didn't have the stamina to keep pace the entire run.

~Pro Finals - Round 2~
Andrew Reynolds VS Jack Curtin - Andrew was rested and went big. Curtin didn't have a chance from the start.

Bobby Worrest VS Manny Santiago - Manny came out owning the big rail and Worrest never saw the truck coming. This wasn't even a bracket since Worrest never stood a chance.

Ronnie Creager VS Tom Asta - I think Asta forgot he was in a contest and Creager was a rested Beast. Creager ran the whole course tricking all over the place with big and tech. Asta was just lost.

Greg Lutzka VS Bastien Salabanzi - This was a very even match. It was a trick for trick match and I personally disagree with the judges. To me Lutzka won it overall, but they gave the win to Bastien. No matter what it was one of the best matches of the entire event.

~Pro Finals - Round 3~
Andrew Reynolds VS Manny Santiago - A super close bracket, but bad luck prevailed. Manny really beasted the entire time, but near the end broke his board and tried to use one from the crowd to continue. It just didn't work out for him and Reynolds was able to snake out the win. A very nice watch.

Ronnie Creager VS Bastien Salabanzi - I was pulling for Bastien, but Creager opened with a kickflip one foot off a wedge over a trash can then shortly afterward landed a sexy switch hardflip down the big stairs. Bastien was answering with BS double flips over the trash can and cabflips over it as well. This was a good show and too close to call. I figured that Bastien had won, but then Creager was announced the winner. Basically, Bastien had far too many double hand landers (Baker Makers >_>).

~Pro Final~
Andrew Reynolds VS Ronnie Creager - Some think it was closer than I did, but Creager just ran out of steam early on and didn't work at recovering enough. Hell, Reynolds took a break in the middle of the jam to get a drink, comb his hair, dry off, etc and still came back to win. I liked Reynolds pulling a Shifty Kickflip over the trash can the best. Creager would have done better, but near the end he got hung up on big steps and kept falling trying tricks. So, he pretty much gave the win to Reynolds. Creager might have won if he had stuck to the tech section ledges.

Pro Winner: Andrew Reynolds