PDA

View Full Version : I guess this is the new HD PVR

Stevland
09-10-2011, 04:48 AM
http://www.blackmagic-design.com/products/intensity/

I want those. Just to have them.

Deacon
09-10-2011, 05:32 AM
I'm with you dude. Just looked online, the shuttle is £130. now where's my debit card :)

agusbmxarg
09-10-2011, 05:44 AM
Yesterday I asked about PVRs and now I see this. It sucks the local $ - £ exchange rate is so god damn ridiculous.
Blackmagic Dsgn. stuff looks very legit.

Deacon
09-10-2011, 05:47 AM
Yesterday I asked about PVRs and now I see this. It sucks the local $ - £ exchange rate is so god damn ridiculous.
Blackmagic Dsgn. stuff looks very legit.

I knew about intensity pro, but as I don't really use my Desk Top PC I went with a PVR, but now i see the Shuttle I'm all over that looks smaller and more compact then the PVR.

agusbmxarg
09-10-2011, 06:20 AM
I knew about intensity pro, but as I don't really use my Desk Top PC I went with a PVR, but now i see the Shuttle I'm all over that looks smaller and more compact then the PVR.

I have no knowledge whatsoever about PVRs and videorecording devices/softwares for PC. Do I need a very sick setup for recording these 720p clip from my ps3?.
My pc isn't the newest setup, just a normal core2duo 2.53Ghz, 2gb ram, a 512mb videocard (nvidia) and thats about it; I still even run winXP...

Hah now that I'm checking a local site, SD sony PVRs with nothing more than a RCA input and USB/micro SD output are like 320USD. :confused::confused:

Deacon
09-10-2011, 07:59 AM
I have no knowledge whatsoever about PVRs and videorecording devices/softwares for PC. Do I need a very sick setup for recording these 720p clip from my ps3?.
My pc isn't the newest setup, just a normal core2duo 2.53Ghz, 2gb ram, a 512mb videocard (nvidia) and thats about it; I still even run winXP...

Hah now that I'm checking a local site, SD sony PVRs with nothing more than a RCA input and USB/micro SD output are like 320USD. :confused::confused:

Well recording wise you may be ok, however playback/editing of HD clips will very laggy. Probabaly a should look to update your PC at some point. I'm currently using a Sony Vaio i5 Laptop (it came with 6gb but i've add more) and I recenlty brought an iMac (though I've not started using for editing yet as i'm still learning the ropes with it).

emericaridr11
09-10-2011, 01:20 PM
make sure you guys really study the specs and shit.... cause I was going to buy this one and then found out that my mac comp cant run it.....

because you need x58 based motherboard with onboard USB 3.0, or a USB 3.0 PCI Express card.... which I certainly do not have......

Im going to buy a pvr near xmas, but I wish i could use this cause its sleek and a tad smaller, with great quality

dont go out and buy it just yet without searching

btw i got a macbook so imac would might work wonders with it

Deacon
09-10-2011, 02:34 PM
make sure you guys really study the specs and shit.... cause I was going to buy this one and then found out that my mac comp cant run it.....

because you need x58 based motherboard with onboard USB 3.0, or a USB 3.0 PCI Express card.... which I certainly do not have......

Im going to buy a pvr near xmas, but I wish i could use this cause its sleek and a tad smaller, with great quality

dont go out and buy it just yet without searching

btw i got a macbook so imac would might work wonders with it

Thanks for the info, i'm deffo going to do some research before I buy anything, however my laptop is almost a year old so might look for a new one, and if so make sure it run on of these. also If you are buying a PVR, not gonna lie they are great, but as oyu say this looks so compact and sleek I feel like i need to own it! lol.

Seanne1986
09-10-2011, 04:42 PM
If people are interested in the quality of this device. Check out this guy who makes alot of GTA 4 videos, cause he's using the blackmagic intensity. http://www.youtube.com/user/BenBuja?blend=5&ob=5
Qualitywise I think it's more or less the same quality as the hauppague hd pvr. So if your pc/mac can handle the blackmagic intensity.. then get that.. If you wanna be on the safe side.. get the hd pvr.

Permy
09-10-2011, 05:07 PM
go away stevland :(

Roccityroller
09-10-2011, 07:31 PM
half you niggas prolly don't have computers to edit with full 1080p @ 60fps HDMI quality. You're talking 20-25 MB/s bit rate whereas a typical skate 3 vid is like 6-9. So if your computer even so much as Hiccups with Hi-res skate.reel footage... just stop.

Seanne1986
09-11-2011, 01:24 AM
half you niggas prolly don't have computers to edit with full 1080p @ 60fps HDMI quality. You're talking 20-25 MB/s bit rate whereas a typical skate 3 vid is like 6-9. So if your computer even so much as Hiccups with Hi-res skate.reel footage... just stop.
I recon my pc would be able to handle it tbh. But I don't see the point in getting this since I have the HD PVR which works just fine.