PDA

View Full Version : Mattyman-Film Spot (Presented by Pandora)

mattyman512
09-19-2011, 07:44 AM
Name: Film Spot
Plarform: Xbox 360 and DLC's

Discription:The idea for this film spot is to give a realistic spots for those who want to create CAP montages which I do recommend making some as there are some creative ways to skate these spots!

The spot was actualy based on a spot from Habitat Origins I had to change it to make it look good!

Style: Realistic and Hardcore
Bookmarklink:Film Spot (http://skate.ea.com/gallery?contentType=PARK&platform=xbox#sortBy=MOST_RECENT&filter=ALLTIME&slice=search&galleryType=USER&subType=VIDEO&contentType=PARK)

Promo Vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=583qUY6Qb_M

Screenshots:

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/2905/1963069.jpg

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/8563/1963068.jpg

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/4194/1961793.jpg

Enjoy this Spot!

Wiltzuh
09-19-2011, 08:17 AM
Nice one ! It's way too hard to make whole full size CAP's to look like actual gamemap so this is good idea to give single realistic shots...if you understand what i'm meaning =)
Really like this idea ! MAKE MORE !!! =D

xRiverKing
09-19-2011, 11:59 AM
hot

saunders420
09-19-2011, 12:31 PM
very inspiring!

replicant
09-19-2011, 09:48 PM
I like the concept and look forward to more. Booked.
Just a note: I was unable to bookmark it from your link as it couldn't find it.
Searching "Mattyman512" I was able to grab it though.

briden
09-19-2011, 10:04 PM
How much does a spot like this fill up the terrain meter?

mattyman512
09-20-2011, 03:26 AM
it fills up about a quater of the terrain bar. I jst filled it up with the pads so that u can film!

@replicant- I was gonna sort tht but now the stupid ea skate website is down and saying tht there is no content in parks and reel!

thedumbnerd3
09-20-2011, 03:58 PM
Sombody do this for ps3. Looks great

replicant
09-21-2011, 11:50 PM
Got a chance to have fun at the spot today.
Great idea and I do look forward to more.
I really had to step down speed to clear the steps realistically.
To me this is a good thing as I like to get it where I barely clear steps usually.
My only complaint is the hubba's. I know people want to create unique pieces.
However, on this one the join lines where the two angles meet to form the hubba
in the middle cause a break gap of spline lines. It makes it very hard to grind/slide
them properly and tricks that land in the middle of them get hit with 4 physic collision
points. It's the same problem I have with people who stack 4 rails side by side
to make a hubba/ledge object. Doing it makes the game retarded and thus the tricks
are much much harder to pull off and look decent.

mattyman512
09-22-2011, 04:00 AM
cheers for the review Replicant however if I joined them together the higher hubba will become ungrindable and i hate ungrindable stuff! Don't worry I'll be working on it anyway and I will make more fil spots!

Duce NLS
09-22-2011, 06:29 PM
I'm really sorry to do this Matty but I dunno what these guys are playing... it's fucking shit. You've basically put some pretty coloured trees around 1 stair set n even that's fucked up cos you can't skate the ledges at all, the start/end look fucking ghastly, in all, it could have been better in every way. Sorry man, just a bit vexed I wasted the time deleting a park for this ha ha.

replicant
09-22-2011, 11:21 PM
I'm really sorry to do this Matty but I dunno what these guys are playing... it's fucking shit. You've basically put some pretty coloured trees around 1 stair set n even that's fucked up cos you can't skate the ledges at all, the start/end look fucking ghastly, in all, it could have been better in every way. Sorry man, just a bit vexed I wasted the time deleting a park for this ha ha.
It works fine as a gap or a late hit grind after the middle spline.
Sounds like you were expecting more than a single trick spot or photo op which is what it is.
I do wish the ledges were better designed to allow full trick usage even if it did make the hubba UG.

Duce NLS
09-23-2011, 12:40 AM
Nah man, I know what he was doing, it was just badly done.
If you're gonna make a whole park that's just 1 spot, it needs to be the most legit spot ever to make up for the 20 or so you're missing from any other park. In effect we have a too short stairset, hubbas that don't grind properly and some colourful trees.

Please stop blowing smoke up his ass, can't improve without criticism, he knows I normally really like his parks.

Peace

replicant
09-23-2011, 01:07 AM
Nah man, I know what he was doing, it was just badly done.
If you're gonna make a whole park that's just 1 spot, it needs to be the most legit spot ever to make up for the 20 or so you're missing from any other park. In effect we have a too short stairset, hubbas that don't grind properly and some colourful trees.

Please stop blowing smoke up his ass, can't improve without criticism, he knows I normally really like his parks.

Peace
Not blowing smoke here. I just think you're wrong.

briden
09-23-2011, 02:30 AM
I'm with Duce on this one, but mostly considering the size. If this one spot only took up 1/4 of the terrain bar, why not at least make three more good looking spots? Or if it's going to take up a whole park slot with just one stairset, it had better be perfection.

It's a good idea in theory, but I don't think this was executed well.

ay platypus
09-24-2011, 02:36 PM

fucking uncalled for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MF JORDAN
09-25-2011, 12:45 AM
hello platypus

Deacon
09-25-2011, 01:21 AM
I've always been a fan of one off aesthetically pleasing spots. For me this stair fits the bill of what I look for. The most important and only priority if that it loks good on film.

I don't really care about skatebility, If theres a spot I like i'll find a way to skate it and therefore make it skeatable.

Spots IRL aren't designed to be skated, so CAP spots shouldn't be either (unless you're building an actual skatepark!). I hate it when people add objects just to add extra things to skate that wouldn't be there IRL, or add excessive run ups for gaps etc.

I agree with Briden though on one thing - Deffo should epxand it to make 3 or 4 detailed spots in the one Cap.

Duce NLS
09-25-2011, 09:27 AM
fucking uncalled for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hardly and it still rings true. Why would I want to skate a shit spot rather than a decent park or a good looking spot in game?

As I said, its only because his parks are normally dope and I don't consider this particularly skateable or a few coloured trees as a film spot.

/convo

ay platypus
09-26-2011, 11:50 AM
Hardly and it still rings true. Why would I want to skate a shit spot rather than a decent park or a good looking spot in game?

As I said, its only because his parks are normally dope and I don't consider this particularly skateable or a few coloured trees as a film spot.

/convo

\convo

so you could have said not your best park mattyman instaed of ripping the shit out of him, is it really that hard? and if you hate a park that much DONT comment man.

@ MF DRAWLS

hello how are you on this fine day?

briden
09-26-2011, 12:10 PM
and if you hate a park that much DONT comment man.

Easily one of the most ignorant statements I've ever read.

edit: 666 posts

i am a snail
09-26-2011, 12:22 PM
wow this thread

Ohmidineffect
09-26-2011, 02:46 PM
My two cents:

I'm with Duce on this one, but mostly considering the size. If this one spot only took up 1/4 of the terrain bar, why not at least make three more good looking spots? Or if it's going to take up a whole park slot with just one stairset, it had better be perfection.

It's a good idea in theory, but I don't think this was executed well.

simple vocalization of opinion and even a suggestion on how to better his park

Basically just expressing how much you dislike the park without giving a word of advice on how to better it.

I'm not saying duce isn't entitled to stating his opinion, but there's a way to do it so that it doesn't look like your bashing it to death.

Duce NLS
09-26-2011, 03:46 PM
Ok, so to appease the fury, I like the colourful trees and although it skates "a little less entertainingly" than is hoped for the ledge looks alright too.

Still, shit is shit, I'm not one to bite my tongue.

N platypus, in relation to your retarded comment, "if you don't like what you read, don't read it".

How did you ever get on CNBS?

And Matty, I didn't mean to cause offence, I have high expectations of you n your parks that is all. Take it as a compliment, I expect your stuff to be shit hot, that's not a bad thing, just this park didn't do you justice.

Peace

ay platypus
09-27-2011, 12:14 PM
ok duce im sorry about what i said i thought it was a full on attack at matty.

How did you ever get on CNBS?
i was asked,

MF JORDAN
09-30-2011, 12:40 AM
I just found jizz on my ceilin...How the hell did i miss my belly Button ?

jimmy2times79
09-30-2011, 09:46 AM
i skated this last night it skated just fine some people are just dicks

MF JORDAN
09-30-2011, 02:13 PM
My two cents:.

Nigga please.....

Ruben_Williams
09-30-2011, 02:43 PM
Great idea, I almost wish I thought of it myself. I don't film so if I do take up the idea of making filmer spots they'd have to be for other people. But yeah makin parks as fun as it is can get tedious, the love hate relationship between new ideas and what's skateable is an enduring yet rewarding one, however this although it looks like equally as much effort goes into it, can save alot of the hassle of creating a full cap. Brilliant stuff.

Duce NLS
10-01-2011, 01:26 AM
some people are just dicks

You saved me a job, cheers dude.

Having an opinion that does not follow everyone else's does not make me a dick... But I think you managed to bring some meaning to your own post, congrats.

briden
10-01-2011, 02:11 AM
Here's a working link: http://skate.ea.com/gallery?contentType=PARK&platform=xbox#itemId=1963067

Bottom line: this shouldn't happen in a park consisting of only 1 spot.

http://skate.ea.com/user/gallery?subType=VIDEO&contentType=SKATE_REEL&platform=xbox&personaId=224164121#itemId=1969458

http://skate.ea.com/user/gallery?subType=VIDEO&contentType=SKATE_REEL&platform=xbox&personaId=224164121#itemId=1969460

http://skate.ea.com/user/gallery?subType=VIDEO&contentType=SKATE_REEL&platform=xbox&personaId=224164121#itemId=1969461

ay platypus
10-01-2011, 02:54 AM
Here's a working link: http://skate.ea.com/gallery?contentType=PARK&platform=xbox#itemId=1963067

Bottom line: this shouldn't happen in a park consisting of only 1 spot.

http://skate.ea.com/user/gallery?subType=VIDEO&contentType=SKATE_REEL&platform=xbox&personaId=224164121#itemId=1969458

http://skate.ea.com/user/gallery?subType=VIDEO&contentType=SKATE_REEL&platform=xbox&personaId=224164121#itemId=1969460

http://skate.ea.com/user/gallery?subType=VIDEO&contentType=SKATE_REEL&platform=xbox&personaId=224164121#itemId=1969461

dude go grow a pair to testicals its just your bad skating man!!!!

briden
10-01-2011, 03:32 AM

I can see that your english isnt the best, but read the thread man; I'm not even the one who brought this issue up. I downloaded the park just tonight, and all of that happened within 5 minutes.

mattyman512
10-01-2011, 03:53 AM
Can I jst say something! I am disappointed that this fight is continuing! Right I know I havn't done a very good job of it and btw the right ledge works perfectly and thats why the video showed me skating that ledge.

Give over with this argument its pathetic! Grow Up All of you! I know that u a trying to help but it doesn't help if it turns into a fight!

Its not gonna stop me for making more film spot btw! So jst get used to 1 single spots because I'm hosting a film comp an LB with these film spots ok so don't expect any outdoor parks coming out soon ok.

I want this argument to stop right now! ok?

Deacon
10-01-2011, 09:15 AM
Agreed this bickering is pointless.

I skated the spot for over an hour the other day and only had a weird clitch happen twice, which is less then I get in Port Craverton most of the time!

i am a snail
10-01-2011, 09:22 AM
none of that was particularly bad

now that i see this whole thing for myself i think matty probably should have tested more but the spot's still cool and looks good.

slash thread now.

Duce NLS
10-01-2011, 10:07 AM
Briden you just became my new favourite person, watched the clips.

I agree the bickering is pointless but it had to be pointed out.

Platypus you really need to chill n mature dude. R e s p e c t.

/thread.

ay platypus
10-01-2011, 10:14 AM
Briden you just became my new favourite person, watched the clips.

I agree the bickering is pointless but it had to be pointed out.

Platypus you really need to chill n mature dude. R e s p e c t.

/thread.

yeh i gess ur right, sorry briden i was out of order.

Roccityroller
10-01-2011, 08:26 PM
This is what is killing Skate, not reel being down.

Get over yourselves.