PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Demo Released Today!!

PS3 Skater
01-15-2009, 07:34 AM
Just for anyone who doesn't already know, the Skate.2 demo was released on playstation.store some time this morning and is now available for download!!!

EmmitBrown
01-15-2009, 07:48 AM
not in the US yet

PS3 Skater
01-15-2009, 07:54 AM
oh dear, well if you dont want to wait, make a new ps3 account and then click sign up for psn and put your address down as somewhere in the UK you can use this one, '19 Moorhenway, Buckingham' put the county as 'Buckinghamshire' and then the post code as 'MK18 1GF'

This is a fake address but will get accepted. Then once you have made it just go onto the UK store and download it then u can sign out and log back in as what you normally are. Send me a message if you need any help.

Darkslide
01-15-2009, 08:04 AM
Good ol' EU account. It works. If you're dying to play its worth it. Otherwise you have to wait until this afternooon.

Mac
01-15-2009, 08:41 AM
Just did my first play. Loved it. Seems FUCKING smooth compared to the old.
Everything looks better, detailed, everything. Just trying to get a hang of the new skate.reel, and I hate to remake my skater after each play.
And man, why the hell do you turn so slow in 180, it's insane.
But the hype just got bigger for next week!

PS3 Skater
01-15-2009, 09:36 AM
yeah i know this game fucking rocks, even the demo without a timer would satisfy me for days lol. Have you got out the park yet and seen what the outside looks like ? it is pretty sweet, im so excited about next week now!!

jest118
01-15-2009, 09:41 AM
yeah i know this game fucking rocks, even the demo without a timer would satisfy me for days lol. Have you got out the park yet and seen what the outside looks like ? it is pretty sweet, im so excited about next week now!!

Hey thanks for that address. In a few hours I'll have to leave and be out all day as my wife is deploying so I won't be home to get the North America demo... but thanks to you I can get a couple sessions in before that. Much appreciated!

PS3 Skater
01-15-2009, 11:03 AM
yeah don't worry about it, i know how frustrating it is when something you want is in one store and not on the other. have fun with your couple of sessions ;)

skater924
01-15-2009, 05:41 PM
just got it. its awesome :D

Brasilianboy09
01-15-2009, 09:20 PM
Just downloaded it...I will let ya know what i think in a few mins :)

Piss Peddler
01-15-2009, 10:32 PM
after playing the demo im not sure wat version im gonna get. The ps3 controller works better on this game, the range of motion on it make pulling off tricks like a nollie 360 flip (regular stance) so much easier than the 360 controler. there's no real difference in the graphics ps3 seems to have better black levels but im using hdmi so it could be that too.

MagicNarcosis
01-15-2009, 11:44 PM
after playing the demo im not sure wat version im gonna get. The ps3 controller works better on this game, the range of motion on it make pulling off tricks like a nollie 360 flip (regular stance) so much easier than the 360 controler. there's no real difference in the graphics ps3 seems to have better black levels but im using hdmi so it could be that too.

Get both!!

Mourning Becomes Electra
01-16-2009, 06:29 AM
60 fps of glory!

Have they fixed the glitch? I can't get it to work?

Only criticism, censored version of 'Protect Ya Neck' is terrible, don't censor the Wu!

Darkslide
01-16-2009, 09:19 AM

You have to get it on 360...Then you can play with me :D

Piss Peddler
01-16-2009, 11:23 AM
Get both!!

I might pick both up at sum point.

The glitch is still in there its just really hard to do on both systems.

The PS3 controller works so much better in the game though, and the dual shock 3 feels more natural then the weighted rumble in the 360

skate_2
01-16-2009, 02:39 PM
who ever has a ps3 add me!

Brasilianboy09
01-16-2009, 06:41 PM
can u do the glitch to get out of the park on ps3?

i try it and i end up just bailing dude...its getting on my nerves!!!

jest118
01-16-2009, 07:22 PM
can u do the glitch to get out of the park on ps3?

i try it and i end up just bailing dude...its getting on my nerves!!!

It does work. It just takes time to get it down. Just keep trying. I find I have a greater success if I stick to the "sunny" side of the fence rather than the "shadow" side.

Mourning Becomes Electra
01-17-2009, 03:38 AM
It takes me ages to get through the fence, haven't got it nailed yet. Jest is right though, stay on the sunny side, also, once you have edged out you need to release your grip and keep edging out otherwise it won't work. Keep trying dude, it does work. In any case, the full game is out next week.

Mac
01-17-2009, 04:50 AM
I can't seem to get through the fence, I just get stuck and get a bail-score at 30000+.

Mourning Becomes Electra
01-17-2009, 05:36 AM
I couldn't at first and still can't do it every time, but stick with it, it is do-able. Nail all the challenges as fast as you can, rack up 10 minutes and aim for the middle of the gate in the sunshine. When you eventually get through find 'Thrice The Hubba' if you can, ace spot!

PS3 Skater
01-17-2009, 11:06 AM
Yeah the glitch works on ps3, just remeber dont line the object up with the middle of the fence and dont touch the right analogue stick just use the left to rotate the object and push you through the fence.
Took about 5-6 attempts for me the first time on PS3 and about 10 on 360.

Darkslide
01-17-2009, 11:49 AM
Honestly you would be better off just staying in Slappys. I hate wasting my time trying to get out. It seems to work sometimes, other times not. I just get annoyed with it and skate in Slappy's

Brasilianboy09
01-17-2009, 12:48 PM
Yea dude im having trouble with it.I keep bailing...

And i didnt think that the time limit was that bad till i got the demo.

Ive restarted so many times...lol

PS3 Skater
01-18-2009, 09:36 AM
its hard at first , what i did was watch this vid on youtube and lined everything up that they did and it worked after like the second go , but yeah its not really all that good considering by the time you get out you have 8 mins left then u find a good spot ( 5 mins left) then you wanna move some shit about and ride it, 1 min left, then u have to restart the game and do the glitch again, its just pointless.

Piss Peddler
01-18-2009, 01:01 PM
The glitch is hella hard to do, 20x harder than the skate 1 glitch. Its cool the first time but imo its not really worth it i like slappys park better than anything else i have found. It usually takes me like 8-10 times to do it and its irritating as hell seeing the hall of meat thing pop up everytime.

PS3 Skater
01-19-2009, 11:55 AM
yeah hear what your saying mate, its funny you should say that the glitch on S2 is harder than the one on S1 cause i couldn't do that one at all lol. Anyway slappys park is actually kick as there are soo many good lines without moving shit about and then even more when you do.

3 DAYS TO GOOOO!!!!!!:D:D:D:D