PDA

View Full Version : Nyjah Huston Battle Commander (Actual Video)

Roke
10-16-2011, 07:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-POP9xtbRBw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-POP9xtbRBw

Ladd279
10-16-2011, 08:08 PM
So sick nyjah killed it! Nice sig roke lol

MarcoPoloUSN
10-16-2011, 08:12 PM
He's turning so mainstream.

Roccityroller
10-16-2011, 08:19 PM
Newsflash. Skateboarding IS mainstream.

Roccityroller
10-16-2011, 08:34 PM
Newsflash. Skateboarding IS mainstream.

flip noseblunt and tre bomb disaster 5-0 were tight as hell.

llamasrock
10-16-2011, 09:50 PM
I can do the trick at 1:16!

fallingskyline
10-17-2011, 12:58 AM
nollie heelflip bs noseblunt = i've waited for that trick for ages, now i can say "i've seen it all" and quit skating

Roke
10-17-2011, 01:20 AM
He's turning so mainstream.

Cutting off locks to conform with society's hair norms...
Winning contest after contest based on skill...
Doing a Battle Commander at all...

madsser
10-17-2011, 03:53 AM
He's so sick. He's probably the best skater atm, winning contests after contests.
And this was no exception. Bigspin hurri was amazing, + enderzorz. Amazing.

bengrover
10-17-2011, 05:08 AM
He makes it all look so easy. Still not as impressive as I thought it would be.

Tory's was beast.

Roke
10-17-2011, 05:44 AM
Ben I couldn't agree more but I'm not sure why people assumed this would be the Hail Mary of B.C.'s. What makes Nyjah and a few others (P.Rod and Sheckler for e.g.) so special is their consistency, but their absolute best tricks are not in the same league as many others right now.

Tory's in my opinion is still the gold Standard at Berrics.

Seanne1986
10-17-2011, 05:45 AM
This vid's 360p quality owns most people's 720p fakeskate videos ^^

madsser
10-17-2011, 05:48 AM
Ben I couldn't agree more but I'm not sure why people assumed this would be the Hail Mary of B.C.'s. What makes Nyjah and a few others (P.Rod and Sheckler for e.g.) so special is their consistency, but their absolute best tricks are not in the same league as many others right now.

I would still say that Chris Cole for e.g. can do amazing tricks that i wouldn't think possible, and still he's in a whole other league when it comes to consistency. I mean, the tre 50-50 on the ledge @ streetleauge. Best trick i saw at streetleauge.

Roke
10-17-2011, 06:14 AM
I would still say that Chris Cole for e.g. can do amazing tricks that i wouldn't think possible, and still he's in a whole other league when it comes to consistency. I mean, the tre 50-50 on the ledge @ streetleauge. Best trick i saw at streetleauge.

I would definitely agree with you dude. Chris Cole's a very consistent skater with tremendous difficulty and it's been shown across contests, tour footage and video parts. His Commander is one of my favorites for sure.

My top 5 commanders are:

1) Tory's without question

Cole, Getz, Carlin and Mike V (no particular order; just the ones that definitely left an impression on me).

bengrover
10-17-2011, 06:19 AM

Tory's in my opinion is still the gold Standard at Berrics.

I think his total domination of everything he's touched this year made
Me hope for more. When I saw that 270 nose blunt I think it was from one Street League down a huge handrail, my mind was blown. It was just perfect.

Guess I was expecting more of that.

Monk
10-17-2011, 05:07 PM
nollie heelflip bs noseblunt = i've waited for that trick for ages, now i can say "i've seen it all" and quit skating

eric koston did that trick back in the day in a girl video falling.

sick BC for real, so he finally cut off them nappy ass looking dreads- looks like it didn't affect his equilibrium much hehe.

agreed on the bigspin hurricane; that was the sauce boss!

Ladd279
10-17-2011, 06:37 PM
He makes it all look so easy. Still not as impressive as I thought it would be.

Tory's was beast.

totally agree hate when people say tory has no style and land janky. his tricks are insanely difficult. yeah roke love getz

Roccityroller
10-17-2011, 06:51 PM
i feel like skateboarders all just hate on other skateboarders.

Slamooh
10-17-2011, 11:16 PM
i feel like skateboarders all just hate on other skateboarders.

haha
the kid is dope

fallingskyline
10-17-2011, 11:38 PM
eric koston did that trick back in the day in a girl video falling.

but not on a rail?! or did he... can't remember it eventhough i've seen all girl videos

fallingskyline
10-17-2011, 11:41 PM
main thing is how casual nyjah does his tricks, i wouldn't be able to get just one of that tricks, and for him is just seems effortless...

i'm effing jealous, i wish i could do just 1% of his tricks like he does ;)

bohemian
10-17-2011, 11:48 PM
he did a frontside nollieheel noseblunt down a picnictable in menikamati - no rails in my memory at least. possibly on a sidewalkcurb in the goldfish era.

fallingskyline
10-18-2011, 03:08 AM
he did ridiculous stuff in that 101 video falling down like nollieflip bs noseblunt on that low curb at world industries warehouse and switch treflip down the emb 6 in 93 <3

Roke
10-18-2011, 04:11 AM
flixx is right and I even remember that nollie heel bs noseblunt in a magazine spread and pretty much shat myself back in the day.

Paddi
10-18-2011, 08:12 AM
not a big fan of him but I gotta admit that this was pretty sick

BannerBoy360
10-18-2011, 08:46 AM
this vid WAS sick...but,its been said here on fluckit before, its hard to connect with the vid because of how mf'n robotic he is. what im trying to say is that he does insane tricks in all his vids, but the style or something is lacking. hard to put my finger on it... nice vid nonetheless, but i just dont get the stoke from this vid that i would get from a mark gonzales or chris haslam vid.

Slamooh
10-18-2011, 09:16 AM
Somebody should tell him to go for sloppy landings and all so he can get some style....lol
mainstream ? the kid was sitting in the dark for too long. Now that he get a chance to be himself, he's mainstream...
It hardly makes sense imo...

RedScharlach
10-18-2011, 01:10 PM
I agree with Slamooh, it's not a matter of whether he's "too mainstream" or not...yea he might not have a particularly remarkable style/trick selection (though the bigspin hurry was bonafide jaw dropper, and that overcrooks nollie inward out which hasn't been mentioned yet)...but there is reason to get excited about the dude because he's only fuckin 16! he's already got unbelievable consistency/foundational skills at this age, imagine what he'll be doing at 25.... Sheckler and P-rod come to mind as dudes who's styles were a little dull (imo anyway) when they got in the game but who matured into really interesting skaters (and to all you Sheckler haters...yea he might have had a shitty mtv show and he might be a corporate poster boy for some whack shit or whatever, but don't deny that the dude rips)

MarcoPoloUSN
10-18-2011, 01:39 PM
Don't get me wrong. Like really.

I think he's sick. Thats all.

Hitmanx123
10-18-2011, 01:43 PM
everyone shut the hell up, im the best skater period, nyjah has daddy issues, and needed to get a hair cut anyway. he just doin what anybody would do, i mean what else are you gunna do in skateboardin. get sponsored, make a battle commander and a solo video and then retire

RedScharlach
10-18-2011, 03:53 PM
Don't get me wrong. Like really.

I wasn't trying to troll or start shit, just putting my thoughts out there; wasn't aimed at anyone's comment in particular beyond going off of the previous one.

replicant
10-18-2011, 09:09 PM
He cut the dreads off because the shit was rotting off.
Anyone who saw him early on in the season could see he was rocking a "Dread Mullet".

NeedsMoreTP
10-18-2011, 09:46 PM
Huston can see clearly now ze dreads be gone

Monk
10-22-2011, 08:33 PM
i remember seeing in an old xgames street finals after the buzzer he went for a pop shove late 360 flip; that trick was fuckin sick as hell- he over flipped it on the bank and landed bottom up, but id love to see him land that one day

RastaRipss
10-24-2011, 08:53 PM
Nyjah's been one of my fav skaters ever since he first came onto the scene at 8, so i have to put in my two cents. Imo his dads guidance was the best thing that could have happend to him, and straying away from that was a mistake. His dad had nyjah skating constantly and knew who and who not to keep him around, and look at nyjahs skating today. Nyjah at 16 is one of the best skaters in the industry hands down style or no style and at the rate hes going now you can only imagine what he's going to be putting down in the future when his style fully matures. All that aside it seems Nyjah's been getting much more recognition ever since he cut his hair. To me nyjahs hair was one of the main things about him that made him stand out, I honestly couldent pick nyjah out of a crowd if i were to see him now. I understand what Marco was saying about him going mainstream, Hes just another wanna be swag skater; like another chazz ortiz (snapback hat, hype shirt, and earrings) and thats a pity to me. I know hes young and wants to do whats "cool" and all but it dosent fit him to me. I personally fucking loathe this swag movement; the music, the word, and every artist affiliated with it. Ive never been more disappointed in the kid, and he's in his prime right now but thats just how i feel. Hopefully Rise and Shine will change my outlook on him. ps Nyjahs dad isint half as bad as the skate industry makes him out to be.

Roccityroller
10-24-2011, 08:54 PM
Nyjah's been one of my fav skaters ever since he first came onto the scene at 8, so i have to put in my two cents. Imo his dads guidance was the best thing that could have happend to him, and straying away from that was a mistake. His dad had nyjah skating constantly and knew who and who not to keep him around, and look at nyjahs skating today. Nyjah at 16 is one of the best skaters in the industry hands down style or no style and at the rate hes going now you can only imagine what he's going to be putting down in the future when his style fully matures. All that aside it seems Nyjah's been getting much more recognition ever since he cut his hair. To me nyjahs hair was one of the main things about him that made him stand out, I honestly couldent pick nyjah out of a crowd if i were to see him now. I understand what Marco was saying about him going mainstream, Hes just another wanna be swag skater; like another chazz ortiz (snapback hat, hype shirt, and earrings) and thats a pity to me. I know hes young and wants to do whats "cool" and all but it dosent fit him to me. I personally fucking loathe this swag movement; the music, the word, and every artist affiliated with it. Ive never been more disappointed in the kid, and he's in his prime right now but thats just how i feel. Hopefully Rise and Shine will change my outlook on him. ps Nyjahs dad isint half as bad as the skate industry makes him out to be.

that post oozed SWAG

RastaRipss
10-24-2011, 09:14 PM
Im calling it now, Next big fad in mainstream "Hip-Hop"; HomoThugs cant wait to see all you swaggers dressed like your local trannys.

DRAG!!!

replicant
10-24-2011, 11:13 PM
Im calling it now, Next big fad in mainstream "Hip-Hop"; HomoThugs cant wait to see all you swaggers dressed like your local trannys.

DRAG!!!
You're a fluckin' Swagget!

RastaRipss
10-24-2011, 11:21 PM
Haha nah mang I be a kook. But you must be a swagger since your so offended by it.

replicant
10-25-2011, 03:07 AM
Haha nah mang I be a kook. But you must be a swagger since your so offended by it.
I wear overalls with birks so I don't think I could ever use the word SWAG without laughing my ass off. :)

Slamooh
10-25-2011, 04:50 AM
dreads are so fucking cool

lol
capitalizing on your own children is the way to go !!! woooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!
i mean, come on ... chad ortiz looks like a fucking moron since day 1... nyjah looks like a shy kid

RastaRipss
10-25-2011, 08:53 AM
This is my last post on this thread cause I'm no fan of confrontation it leads no where, but think about it. If your child is to young to make his own financial decisions and generates the revenue that nyjah did and does its not capitalizing off him, if you watch any of nyjahs interviews about his dad he clearly states his dad never once did anything with the cash without his consent. There's thousands of examples of kid money makers and their parents making decisions for them. More specifically young ryan shecler and his mom aka manager. If you throw one fish back in the water you might aswell throw them all in. Nyjah is a shy kid that's his personality. And lastly locks aren't ment to be a cool fad its a lifestyle and a reminder of who you truly are. And I don't think their to cool in society today hence the term "dread"locks haha

NeedsMoreTP
10-25-2011, 08:55 AM
Well you must not know him as well as you thought he no longer has dreads
I'll bet he got tired of them.

RastaRipss
10-25-2011, 09:38 AM
Well you must not know him as well as you thought he no longer has dreads
I'll bet he got tired of them.

He dosent???? omg!... read my earlier post.

NeedsMoreTP
10-25-2011, 09:54 AM
Look I know youre bitter or whatever but I think a hat with a brands logo the skater is apart of defines a skater on the same level as dreads in the end I dont give a shit what you look like if anything judging based on looks is mainstream dude still rips and has plenty going for him to inspire and advertise

RastaRipss
10-25-2011, 10:10 AM
Not familiar with sarcasm i see. but i totally agree with you. Nyjah with locks or without them will still be in my top 5 of fav pro skaters. :D

Slamooh
10-25-2011, 10:57 AM
This is my last post on this thread cause I'm no fan of confrontation it leads no where, but think about it. If your child is to young to make his own financial decisions and generates the revenue that nyjah did and does its not capitalizing off him, if you watch any of nyjahs interviews about his dad he clearly states his dad never once did anything with the cash without his consent. There's thousands of examples of kid money makers and their parents making decisions for them. More specifically young ryan shecler and his mom aka manager. If you throw one fish back in the water you might aswell throw them all in. Nyjah is a shy kid that's his personality. And lastly locks aren't ment to be a cool fad its a lifestyle and a reminder of who you truly are. And I don't think their to cool in society today hence the term "dread"locks haha
i was a bit sarcastic about the dreads cuz it seems the hair part is a problem now. i know nyjah meant dreadlocks kid for everyone. But his skateboarding's still the same. he may even be able to be what he truly is.
here Dreadlocks are lifestyle (or even religion) forced on a kid.. i don't know if it fits the kid... it's just how we all know him. Maybe he needs to try something different and see what's going on, he wears dreadlocks since he's born...some say you have to kill the dad in the process. i don't think he was ever able to do that. I think his dad was helpful and all but the way he managed his son's life wasn't the best imo. the kid seemed kinda trapped.
Let the kid wear a hat, make videos, be a teen and see what will happen. i don't see massive changes yet apart from him being an even more consistent skateboarder ;) meaning more videos.

Mage505
10-30-2011, 11:20 AM
He did really good. Is he black? I can never tell.

MarcoPoloUSN
10-30-2011, 02:50 PM
lol
capitalizing on your own children is the way to go !!! woooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!
i mean, come on ... chad ortiz looks like a fucking moron since day 1... nyjah looks like a shy kid

chad looks like an asshole. he always looks mad.