PDA

View Full Version : Late to the Party (first video yay)

PoppySquidJr
10-20-2011, 04:06 AM
This is my first skate 3 video I actually finished. I know, I'm late to the party. Hence the title. Anyway, open to any constructive criticism, I know it's far from perfect, but hey, just don't hate :P
I tried. :V

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2a4Fzkfd_Q

SK8ERatWAR
10-20-2011, 04:47 AM
filming was actually pretty smooth for a first vid.. and i liked that bs flip over the table.
and the last line was sick with two double grinds..

Larmando2
10-20-2011, 08:02 AM
not bad. I like your creativity. Just film better and you got it...

Paddi
10-20-2011, 11:05 AM
that was good. really liked the tricks!
lookin' forward for more stuff from you

Roke
10-20-2011, 11:12 AM

This!!!

madsser
10-20-2011, 12:03 PM
I could ramble on and give tips on how to film better and stuff, but i don't want to sound arrogant. Nor ramble for five pages.

so i'll just say this!

The 5-0shuvitcrooks was pretty damn sweet.
and i like your style. alot.
keep it up!

Mage505
10-20-2011, 12:12 PM
Nice job, you got skill.

PoppySquidJr
10-20-2011, 01:17 PM
filming was actually pretty smooth for a first vid.. and i liked that bs flip over the table.
and the last line was sick with two double grinds..

Thanks man, the first landing was sketchy as hell, but I loved the second one so much I had to keep the whole clip. :P

not bad. I like your creativity. Just film better and you got it...

Yea, It's definitely a learning process. thanks man :V

appreciate it :D

I could ramble on and give tips on how to film better and stuff, but i don't want to sound arrogant. Nor ramble for five pages.

so i'll just say this!

The 5-0shuvitcrooks was pretty damn sweet.
and i like your style. alot.
keep it up!

Thanks man. Also, any biggy tips, I would really appreciate, hell, I'd appreciate any of them, I'd love to get good at this. :P

Nice job, you got skill.

thanks man :)

EDIT: Oh gawd I caught myself Mongo Pushing. I don't even do that normally when I'm just screwing around :C
DEFINITELY need to pay more attention next time :<

thedumbnerd3
10-21-2011, 07:53 PM
Very unique tricks. I though it was great.

Boxerman08
10-21-2011, 10:06 PM
good stuff man, especially for a first video! lots of sweet double grinds in here.

Only tip I can think of would be to try to avoid pan backs at the end of your clips when filming ;) looking forward to more stuff from you

KRiSPY_ENJOISK8R
10-21-2011, 10:14 PM
1. what difficulty do you play on
2. learn how to use 10mm
3. edit the clips to go with the song
4.better song choice
5. good creativity

PoppySquidJr
10-22-2011, 06:10 PM
1. what difficulty do you play on
2. learn how to use 10mm
3. edit the clips to go with the song
4.better song choice
5. good creativity

1. Hardcore. nothing else.
2. Yea I know
3. I'm stuck with Movie Maker, and I really don't have enough time to pay THAT much attention to it, unfortunately.
4. I'm pretty sure music is a personal preference man D:
5. thanks bro :P

Boxerman08
10-22-2011, 06:22 PM
in terms of filming, there's no set mm to use. I use 15mm to 18mm for fisheye, and anything from 75mm to 500mm for long lens lol but anything below 20mm should do the job.

PoppySquidJr
10-22-2011, 06:48 PM
in terms of filming, there's no set mm to use. I use 15mm to 18mm for fisheye, and anything from 75mm to 500mm for long lens lol but anything below 20mm should do the job.

Thanks for the info, I'm working on my next video already, so these quick responses are helping me out a ton.

Roccityroller
10-23-2011, 03:47 PM
try using LESS key markers, will help to smooth your cams out. And add a couple extra key marrkers at the end and it should stop the pan back.

everything else was nice tho.

PoppySquidJr
10-23-2011, 04:09 PM
Yea I figured out how to fix the panbacks, but unfortunately that was AFTER I got half the clips to my second video. So my next video will have a good few of them too, because I really don't have the time for redoing all of them. :/
But yea, I'm learning alot already so I appreciate all the help :D

knexzor
10-23-2011, 04:45 PM
Always try to keep the entire skater in the frame (unless you make it look REALLY good)
Filming from below makes stuff look bigger

PoppySquidJr
10-23-2011, 04:56 PM
Always try to keep the entire skater in the frame (unless you make it look REALLY good)
Filming from below makes stuff look bigger

I've already learned this lesson thanks to a youtube commentor. Thanks though :P

bengrover
10-23-2011, 05:01 PM
Deffinitely got the style and tricks. Loved that side. Camera work was actually pretty good for a first effort.

To echo what everyone else has said, lower the mm, get a bit closer and smooth it all out and you will have one solid solo.

And the panbacks can always been edited out in the editing stages.

Boxerman08
10-23-2011, 06:54 PM
try using LESS key markers, will help to smooth your cams out. And add a couple extra key marrkers at the end and it should stop the pan back.

everything else was nice tho.

lol I use a shitload of key markers, and from the feedback I've received, my filming is decent. For me, using a lot of keyframes actually makes my filming smoother I think, but that's just me... does remove pan back though for what you said at the end.

PoppySquidJr
10-23-2011, 07:03 PM
Yea the panback tip works flawless, the smoothness is just a matter of when and where I place the markers, rather than the number. I'm experimenting still, so whatevz.

Boxerman08
10-23-2011, 07:39 PM
if only I had a cap card or something... i could've shown you step-by-step how i film lol but there are some good tutorials as well on youtube. Dogtown made a really good one, AlexMCS made a good one too but it's in French haha

Roccityroller
10-23-2011, 07:49 PM
lol I use a shitload of key markers, and from the feedback I've received, my filming is decent. For me, using a lot of keyframes actually makes my filming smoother I think, but that's just me... does remove pan back though for what you said at the end.

once you start to understand the way the afc works, yes. When you're first learning, 'less is more'.

Roccityroller
10-23-2011, 07:49 PM
if only I had a cap card or something... i could've shown you step-by-step how i film lol but there are some good tutorials as well on youtube. Dogtown made a really good one, AlexMCS made a good one too but it's in French haha

This is a good idea. I'm too lazy for commentary tho.

Boxerman08
10-23-2011, 08:00 PM
once you start to understand the way the afc works, yes. When you're first learning, 'less is more'.
true dat.

This is a good idea. I'm too lazy for commentary tho.
you don't have to have a commentary over it... you can always use some text lol would use a little more editing i guess, but it's up to you

PoppySquidJr
10-23-2011, 08:10 PM
Nah you don't have to go through all that, I prefer to learn by experience, anyway :P