PDA

View Full Version : Your First EA skate. Homies

MarcoPoloUSN
10-24-2011, 06:58 PM
Eh I'm bored. So here we go...

Thread to list and pay e-respect to the first people you talked to/ came up with in the community. You can list the peeps you looked up to FIRST, when you sucked ass. We all sucked at this game at some point. You can list your old teams, and people you thought we sick back in the day. I used to ride for Epic Designs. Anybody remember that terrible and incredibly annoying team? Yeah? My oldest video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUOyZbYJcCw&feature=channel_video_title) on my channel.

Started Playing:

I got the games backwards.
Got skate 3, summer 2010
Got skate 2, winter 2010
Got skate, round the start of 2011

Back in Oct. 2010 I seshed with:

Later Late Shuv
BlackBoyJay
Pubzrfun
Renegade
KushDEE

Looked up to (notice how they are all black, well except for Jerrel):

Manolo
Vibez
Jerrel

Brooske was also cool as fuck back then. He showed me how to film. He showed me how to edit. Then me and my friends started trolling him. The first good EA skate. video I EVER saw, back in summer 2010, was Manolo's PJ Ladd skate chronicle (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx93ByzWluI). Because of that video, I started making videos. Vibez was too cool. I'd say my most fun session was with Vibez. Jerrel... what an ass ;) ... but man I wanted to film like him ooooo weeee.

Roccityroller
10-24-2011, 07:02 PM
Never played OG with anyone. other than rando's online.

Started playing at S2 release (Jan 2009) with Embers, Mamba, Redhook...

Check the team roster. That's how you build a squad kids.

m.seven
10-24-2011, 07:04 PM
geoffgtc was the first dude that gave me any tips on filming.my first vid was god awful.

i remember Epic designs.wasn't that the one that the team manager and somebody else were flaming each other over stealing graphics?haha,the kid's table days.

Always been stoked by Supafly,Demz,and Sickone.

i was bored too.thanks for the time killer,Marco

Mage505
10-24-2011, 07:26 PM
My first EA Skate I got for my birthday in 2010, Skate 2. Then a year later (2011 bday) I got Skate 3.

Off Topic onto the skin color subject, half of the fakeskaters looks Hispanic, yet they made TK a true black skater.

I first talked to Old-Skooler-34.

i am a snail
10-24-2011, 07:32 PM
right around skate 3 release chasmj taught me how to make so-so imovie edits and then i started a bad team on kid's table but i seshed with suchwell a lot then along with a bunch of other fags who i barely remember.

NotedDerk
10-24-2011, 07:47 PM
I didn't talk to anyone during the time we all played skate 1, but there was one person I definitely looked up too during the time.

IM006;
He always found the craziest gaps that I saw no one else attempt to do, mainly because he would do the glitch to get on roofs, but do them on practically every skyscraper in the downtown area just to find anything skatable.

I started talking to folks around four months after skate 2 was released. I was all about getting 'sponsered' and joining a team and ChasmJ was kind enough to let me be on his team and shortly after I joined henchman, these were the ones I usually talked too.

Alenah
Dizifrog1318
tech9cian4life

A while after that, I started talking to the 5150 crew and eventually joined them and this is my main 'crew,' so to speak, that I talk too from then til now.

illmatickAK47
pairsprowlin666
Papasmoak
I sever heads

P.S.
I was browsing my favorites to see if I missed anyone from the 'looked up too' era by favoriting one of their solos, but didn't find any. I did find this however.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPYIZXr0j2I

MarcoPoloUSN
10-24-2011, 09:26 PM
E was great inspiration from a year ago. One of the most memorable bails (youtube;uDnl40nTR0U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDnl40nTR0U&feature=channel_video_title)to me @ 0:30

Menno93
10-24-2011, 10:49 PM
I played OG all alone, but early S2 I started getting involved with the community, met Mksp and Riggs who got me on Compound. After Compound went south I started hanging out with my boys Prof Blahson and Llamasrock, and 2 years later, we're all still here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deFgKQFekR4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XROJh5DhWsk&feature=related

Biggest inspirations of S2:
Innout
Simson
Kanen
Machyy
Southcity
Habitat
This vid in particular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hghCrMxcGmg

Then Perm happened....
<3

Boxerman08
10-24-2011, 11:14 PM
I've been around ever since the release of OG lol played the shit out of that game alone. Then at some point I discovered EASkateTV, saw all their OG videos, and by the time S2 was out, or at least the demo, that's when I got into making videos. I never really played online, not until I got onto Origami with Alex, Loisphere and all the other cool french dudes, but that was on skate 3. I played online from time to time on s2, but mainly with randoms, or IRL friends.

I can say my biggest inspirations were probably innout, giantkanen, simson, kountPHERLOCKula, jankie, slamooh, virtualparadise, jerrel, etc. Mainly BKS and Animal Machine got me into making videos, along with others who really knew how to make sick stuff with the game. I miss seeing those dudes in particular though, always got stoked to see new shit from them.

I'm really stoked that I'm more active within the community, gave me the opportunity to meet so many cool dudes online. Recently, I've been having a blast online with riverking, whatbra, deacon, erectapotamus (rushiie?), evoker, push and all of origami. Lots of good times online, staying up until 5am just to laugh my ass off, making videos and what not.

emericaridr11
10-25-2011, 12:34 AM
S3 action (but been playing since OG demo).......... once i started playing that demo and saw some demo vids it was fucking on, i was shocked.....
my first Buddy was McB (made him the Spy vs Spy deck) BUT

Roke/Vibez was my main man, chillest dude around town (always giving me love)..... then i started Arivr, and added Reserrved (fuck yes)

I "looked" up to:
Manalo

Ive sessed mostly with:
Pairs
and no body else

Ps. yo know LaterLate is the chillest 12 year old EVER!

knexzor
10-25-2011, 03:58 AM
Started with the OG demo. Actually lurked the forums early OG but got intimidated by the fact that everybody had Hoodlum signatures I had no idea what Hoodlum was.
Found out about videos from a Midnight/Stevland video and consequently DP, OATS, Trewder, Reign, SSS etc. I never got around to finishing any of my own videos.
Joined the 'community' for real when s2 was about to come out. Then I made some videos whilst staying polite as ever, eventually got some useful feedback.
Hung out with my old team, with BeastySteez, Smurfed Yah, Nosebonk, Flying Seel and others. Never been online much either way.

Looked up to all the cool dudes: Pawn, the Germans, AM, 54 and then Psychonaut when they came along, since they introduced a whole new dirty attitude. What an impact! (http://www.wegame.com/watch/introducting_psychonaut/) Before Naut every video was basically 'indie music' and steezy landings (except for Demz, because he's a genious).

I never really felt comfortable nerding out to the very degree of going online and hang out with people from across the globe; thus, I never been online much. Eventually I crossed paths with Perm and consequently inevitable doom.
Oh and I may as well appologize to all the people I might have neglected on Xbl.

bohemian
10-25-2011, 04:08 AM
the guys responsible for ruining my life is mainly the og dp dudes.. stevland, tno, midnight and shamas..

i thought stevland was the coolest dude, and he still is one of my best friends i never met.
tno always left me starstruck.. which is weird this being a videogame.. but yea, his skills and hunger for discovery was something to behold and follow in the early days and still is when i come to think about it.
midnight was the best gameplayer, ill never get to the control he had one month into the game.
and shamas was the one that made this fakeskating appeal to the real skater in me. hes approach, tricks and style was fresh, on point and something i wanted to emulate. shamas has been my biggest fire. miss him, even tho hes a dick. lol.

then i started getting inspired by guys like demzilla, reaperwrecker (reap n sow) and a lots of other dudes. theres so many. im thankful, lots of new friendships all over the globe.

fallingskyline
10-25-2011, 04:39 AM
i played skate since the og demo and every demo/game after that. being a skater myself gave me so much inspiration to keep playing this game and the opportunity to make "fakeskatevideos" was giving it a complete new way to play a game. i started to search for montages on youtube and i think the first stuff i saw was "strictly something" by tno and stevland which blew my mind. i searched for more information on how to make such videos and found some forums that kept distracting me from work a lot, like skateCC, fluckit and skatethis. i started playing the game with stevland, tno, midnight, shamas which were a great inspiration. on skatethis i first got in touch with "teams" i loved dp ever since, but never got on till s2. on skatethis i got to a bunch of chill dudes and joined std had a blast with people like mark murderous, the one and only bene and of course momadaddy. inspiration was everywhere that time, eflix blew my mind with every video and the whole pyschonaut, 1954 and whatnot a lot of cool dudes with an incredible sense of style. skate has and will always be my favorite game of all times. there is no other game where i met so much chill and nice people!
thanks for a good time to the following in no order:
stevland
tno (sylvester montage shane o neill battle commander remake <3)
midnight
gizzler
flix
slamooh
shamas
rest of dp
momadaddy
bene
rest of ex-stc
the whole ex-std team especially kuro
and so many others

Seanne1986
10-25-2011, 04:55 AM
I'm one of them people you like to call a newcomer.

I started playing OG at my friends ps3 every now and then when I was around, same with S2.
But my first own skate game, was S2, and I bought it about 2-4 month's before the release of S3. I actually bought my xbox the same day. Before that, I played games on my PC.
So during my first couple of month's I didn't even bother to look for a skate community to hang around with. I just kept on doing videos since I've always enjoyed making videos (Edited a few CS 1.5 videos back in the days).

The guy I looked up to the most during that time was EaSkateVideo (http://www.youtube.com/user/EaSkateVideo) which made me get into making skate videos. Also did 2 colabs with him which was pretty sweet. These days I look up to most people that put out interesting videos and is generally just a nice bloke, but mainly Roke, E and Kush, great chaps! (they paid me to say that)

agusbmxarg
10-25-2011, 06:25 AM
Been playing S2 since sep 2009 I think? got filmer pack 1 year later (1 year ago), sesh'd online less than 10 times, most of them just with Shortz (SH0RT_R1BZ @ EA).
I looked up for most of you guys hah, seriously when I discovered the EA skate forum and the whole EAskate community I was quite surprised.

OG: Played just the demo, 2 times, a year ago, at cousin's ps3.
S3: Played it less than an hour in my whole life, last time I played it was at a friend's house, like 8 months ago.

My first videos were just tripod shots, and since I got my wi-fi router a few months after getting the game (and ps3), my first videos were filmed with my digicam pointing the TV (first year of ps3 was connected to a CRT 21" tv).

Oh, and I bought S2 2 months before getting my ps3, and the day my ps3 system arrived, I played GTA:IV till I fell asleep.

EDIT: omg that training facility montage is one of the best fakeskate videos I've seen so far.

BannerBoy360
10-25-2011, 07:38 AM
got og skate in late 2007 cept i wasnt online at tht stage. was the best game i had ever played before. got s3 same month it came out and got s2 about two weeks after tht.
main vids i used to watch was all the wb LAME stuff on yt.

SK8ERatWAR
10-25-2011, 07:57 AM
I've been playing since the og demo. But never got into making vids halfway s2, only since s3 I really got into it more and more and started looking for a team and such. And my first e-buddy was Rastagnarian, got into concept (lol).. and after to i began to know people like deacon, virtualparadise and started watching more vids and commenting. Right now boxer, deac, river, alex and pkeyize are the people I talk to the most.
My main e-hero's have always been slamooh, tno and virtualparadise..
oh i did have a og clip lol at this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ4yl7kgKKQ
and my first vid (compilation of clips) ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnUgc4yJPUU
why in the hell did I used to call these realistic? And I thought I was really good when I made these lol

saunders420
10-25-2011, 08:28 AM
AIQ42 thats the only person I remember playing online in OG....yet I know there were some others.

[A Red Bicycle
Dr Strange Lulz
Fx Stryker
Kusariga
Traxiom
Flying Seel]

the Hoodlums. &Perm SkHate Dag.

May this community never die.

Jebotek
10-25-2011, 08:34 AM
been playin since og demo. Was lurkin through the old forum like skate.cc or skate-hell for videos and news but wasnt pretty active with postin till s3. Due to the fact that my internet connection sucked i had to wait till late s2 until i could upload footy and stuff. I joined some team called humanity but they never put out any footy, so i started doin solos. Then S3 dropped and someday i got on Henchman. Thanks to ChasmJ. sadly i got a lil late on Henchman, right before derk and vibez quitted i think. We putted out some Collabos but through some RL stuff there arent many projects nowadays. I think the first guys i really often seshed with were Old-Skooler and Valleyboy. OS asked me a few weeks ago to form Cap Faction S.T, so we asked the people which came to our mind and here we are....

NeedsMoreTP
10-25-2011, 08:49 AM
Anyone remember the guy in ranked that would act like fat albert?
he always talked like him.. funny stuff.

xxstr8up8pupxx
xevil jezx
turtledactor
mcbluntski420
xdutchmasterx
x2greezyx
potmunster
sublime1984

Some of those x's might be wrong.. damn it's been a minute..
I miss playing OG with friends.

Demzilla
10-25-2011, 10:18 AM
love reading all this while i have no box to play on.
no skate in like 2 months..
hurtin...

at some point during og there was an incredible 3 months of glitch-holy-shit-im-going-through-a-roof moments.
the only way to learn these new glitchy things was to go online and hopefully be taught by someone who knew.
so the day i get xlive.
post on the forums yo demzilla hollar at me.
hoodlum members messaged me and the invites blasted off for the next 4 years.
magic clay blackhawk mack adopted miles hitman...list goes on forever.
awesome dudes and completely changed my mind on how much fun online really could be.

started playing at 4:32am the day of the og demo.
it took me 4 hours to dl.

every demo ritual.
eat 8pm.
bar till 12am.
if dl starts - go back to bar till 2am.
if dl not available - go back to bar till 2am.

every full game release. (i could walk to mall in 2 mins)
two days off work - paid work days.
7:30am- smoke break.
at 8am a beautiful breakfast at village inn.
9am smoke break.
from 9:30am-10am barnes and noble magazine check.
10am-11am U.P.S. man arrives at eb / smoke break
11:30am - game is marked, tagged, scanned and released into my custody.
11:40am - smoke break.

top homies i jammed with.
pretty much 54 and a few others from hoodlum and naut.
clay magic mach miles hitman blackhawk stoked south skatehead anders.
those boys are always down.

big homies.
i hate these things for this reason.
rob is good because theres so little and so much substance.
flix is pure entertainment.
knex roar is my kind of game play, prolly my most favorite.
everyone has there reasons.

i never really looked up to anyone.
im impressed at the three above more often then others but that doesnt mean that they dont have a shit part or two either.
everyone has shit parts at some point.
i always looked up to the dudes that destroy the engine.
pawn sg snail south keenan sauders.
these people found things and exploited them to the fullest.
helping me get abetter understanding of what i want, whats capable and how to do it.
snails new vid got me stoked.

i just want my kids back.

MarcoPoloUSN
10-25-2011, 11:32 AM
Nice to see people reflecting on good times. I'll say more...

I've had two online sessions that I will never forget...

First was with Zulu the king. We were playing og. We skated every level of the parkade... started at the top. We had to land a banger before moving down a level. Then we moved over to hubba hideout, and threw down MORE bangers. I'll never forget the laughs, the excitement when landing a trick. I'd say I landed one of my best tricks in that session... 3 shuv to hurricane down a handrail. (doesn't sound hard. it just looked so damn good on the screen.)

Second was with islandvibez21. It was a game of switch cam skate on s3. Man... the energy. We played 2 games, 2 spots. Both games were dangerously close. I can remember Vibez throwing down two insane bangers... to put me out. I can remember following him up both times... with the most on-edge / sketchy tricks. Great times.

Also, nobody parties like Hoodlum. Clayfighter holds the funniest xbox live parties I have even been in... impressions and jokes for days. Anybody who knows clay would know im not sucking dick... but telling the truth. Good folks. I never really hung with hoodlum crowd for long, but for that little time, i had fun.

i am a snail
10-25-2011, 12:20 PM
i always looked up to the dudes that destroy the engine.
pawn sg snail south keenan sauders.
snails new vid got me stoked
this makes me feel really cool

jerr bear
10-25-2011, 12:35 PM
Seshed in S1 era with:

Random people I met by joining open lobbies.

Seshed in S2 era with:

Voyage
Catface
Fonzy
Instinct
Ez

Seshed in s3 with:

A lot of new and annoying kids, mostly / only looked forward to seshing with; Mksp, Riggs, Catface, Adda, Cerebus

Top 5 People I look(ed) up to:

tno (since s1)
bks (since s1)
Shady (since s1)
Trewder (only s1)
Knexzor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Granka
10-25-2011, 01:23 PM
My first EA skate. homie was this dude SSSofuSSS. I met him in a online sesh in OG skate at the Regs miniramp. I discovered that he was also swedish and then we had a lot of awesome sessions and awesome chats in OG skate, Skate 2 and we also played a lot of GTA IV. But then he kinda got tired of the Skate-series and sort of stopped playing in general.

Just before the demo for Skate 3 came out I met this dude named Gurka94. We chatted and had great conversations and when Skate 3 came out we started this team called "Team Cyco" (Suicidal Tendencies-reference) and for a long time it was just me and him. After a while I was kinda tired of the team so we decided to shut that team down. I went on to just try to focus on my videos and he went on to start a team with some other dude.

So then I was back on my own when it comes to playing. Then I met Cookiesupporter once in the LB-chat and he asked me to add him on Xbox Live, we popped the voicechat-cherry and had awesome chats and sessions. Unfortunately he's not that active anymore, I miss you dude.

The person I sesh/chat with the most at the moment is Wiltzuh, mostly because we both speak finnish and because he's nice to talk to.

Ever since I started watching fakeskating-videos I've always looked up to Stevland and Eflixxx.

FullyFl4RED00
10-25-2011, 01:28 PM
In s1 and s2 I would always play insane games of grind skate with silent bp, a unknown who didn't make vids but was probably one of the most skilled players out there. in s3 I've been playing mainly with a cap master named XDENNISX...he doesn't post very many of his parks but I'd say he is my favorite builder and an inspiration to me.

CKYdude93
10-25-2011, 01:48 PM
The entire reason I got a PS3 was because I played the OG demo at Wal-Mart. In OG and Skate 2 I never played with anyone. I was a lonely competition skater that didn't care about the community. Then, I saw that Skate 3 was highly based on teamwork and that's when I went to the forums to look for a team for the first time. I wanted to join a team mainly for comps, but then I started watching the videos and I wanted to start making those instead. I made 2 Skate 2 solos(without Advanced Free Cam) and a Skate 3 demo solo trying to look for a team. Those videos blew, but I found a team that gave me a chance, BlaqOut.

Even though I sucked they let me join as an AM to try and learn from them to get better. I grew a friendship with most of them and we seshed just about every single night looking at each others new parks and just screwing around and having a good time. I watched all their videos and got better over time. At that time, my inspiration came from BenGrover and Domino(teammates). Eventually the team split due to IRL things and I went solo after that.

Haven't really seshed with them or anyone else since then, but my style grew into owl cam craziness from watching SickOnes and Pairsprowlin. I just saw a lot of creativity in their videos and it inspired me. I stopped playing the game in February 2011 after playing the game for 9 months due to the game and community wasn't what it used to be. I have come back since then though because the memories I've had in this game are just great.

The only thing I can hope for is a Skate 4. Just to revive the community and to one day have fun with this game again.

Gizzler
10-25-2011, 02:01 PM
...great threat!!! lots of nostalgia...

been playing since og demo but didnt have a ps3, so i always played at a friend. he was only into finishing career, which took us quite a while (rob and BIG challenge (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JNdGni3ZLs)). but after that, he couldnt understand how i can waste time on trying the same trick over and over again for no reason (i started rl skateboarding in 1985 - he didnt!).
loved flickit and all the animations just too much, so a few months later, when i was stuck at home with a broken left arm (holding the controller was possible!), i bought a ps3 for myself and spent weeks just skating plan b halfpipe and played a lot of online s.k.a.t.e.. met some dude online called "milkybarkidd" (?) who had incredible glitch-skills and taught me grab glitch and stuff, which was quite astonishing to me to see whats possible with this game...

so i started watching youtube tutorials and found some COTW (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63lYoWmA0sU&feature=colike) clips and made a pretty shitty halfpipe video. found skatethis at the same time and read about true switch and all this stuff, found awesome vids and teams (dp, staydown, std....) and loved all of this shit!
then skate2 dropped, i joined trewder but was playing on a fucking german game copy so i couldnt sesh with anybody. then i ripped my left achilles thingy and was stuck at home for 3 almost 4 months....and my weed and fakeskate addiction raised to a dangereous level..and never dropped....hahaha....no month without a gizz vid i think...! joined STC....skate3 dropped....had great conversations with falling (<3), got linked to adda somehow, think it was the music, so Stingray (http://www.youtube.com/user/StingraySB) was close...and music was closer...hope well meet someday...

ok, back on topic...skatingwise all those guys doing long ass lines with good flow, hard tricks and making it look easy at the same time have impressed me most...slamooh, tno, shady4chi, southcity, norwegian psycho, amp, knex come to my mind!
on the other hand i love to watch hard stuff, huge gaps and stuff, dub grinds or just great filming on single clips....saunders, stevland, supafly, eflixxs, noted derk, knex...

too bad that there arent, or never have been, enough guys having fun doing tranny / vert stuff. would love to see some guys with filming skills making vert vids...! Heshfield (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNE2KqQYYbs&feature=colike) made the best vert vid ever i think (my inspiration to try fingerflip to bluntstall - hard stuff!)!

lots of other guys to mention: realistic....jerrel....creativity....momadaddy.... tech....pawn...unique....signguy....

said it in that inwerm thread (http://skatefluckit.com/showthread.php?t=5276&page=4&highlight=inwerm) already....would love to have a great party with all of you guys....! oh, and no more vids from me this year....going on a journey to south east asia in a few weeks...

Roke
10-25-2011, 02:39 PM
Played since the night of the OG demo release. Fell in love with the flickit system controls as I had stopped playing thps after the 1st underground. Met ZuluKing and illmaticAK47 in OG and the 3 of us started Team Technique. Made some clips here and there but didn't get into full scale vids till s2. Played the shit out of that with ill and zu and met some of the Henchman guys through EA forums. Never really got much feedback because I never commented on 'known' ppls vids. ChasmJ of Henchman always reached out to show love and asked me to join Henchman and I did.

Fast forward to S3 and I decided to really focus my attention on making my own kind of vids instead of copying what I kept seeing on the forums. Made vids, parks and had some fun. Joined 5150 and skated for them for a bit. Had some friends die unfortunate ways which made me want to stop playing altogether. Decided to change up my name and style and just ride solo. Downgraded to a smaller channel and now just happy to make my kind of vids.

Inspirations:

VP
Manolo
Papasmoak
Southcity
Horsehead

Current faves include: Emericaridr11, boxerman, Wiltzuh, snail, seanne and a slew of others.

Never bothered with the 'OG' players as they tended to be elitist. Always tried to support up and coming riders through my yt channels.

-R

Roccityroller
10-26-2011, 08:30 PM
...great threat!!!

we [Threat] are great, aren't we?

shortz
10-27-2011, 08:41 PM
wished i bought skate when it came out, but i never got around to it. kinda got burned out with skate games from tony hawk i guess(?). one day i decided to try the s2 demo, and i got s2 quite a while after it was released.

i had no idea people did realistic style vids til a loooong time after beating the game and just messing around. i really liked innout and giantkanen's stuff.

did a couple of vids w/ agus, when i didn't know much about filming/editing n whatever. my first vid was a collab w/ tokyoghettoho, n agus. i did one s2 solo, and a rough short one that i never did post of the fantasy factory. i also did a unrealistic, over the top kinda concept vid w/ agus. school has kinda taken over my life, but i really wanna get some s3 clips together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuhiUA4Phq8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsUoLN1mbgw

i really miss s2 tho, n wish i didn't use it as part of a trade in.

shortz
10-28-2011, 09:33 AM
for shits n giggles, my first solo which was my second edit ever i think. hah. drew some inspiration from the element europe vids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVvMduyBIWw

i also wanna add that the training facility vid was bomb. i really like the song on there too.

NeedsMoreTP
10-28-2011, 12:11 PM
Well I misread but the first person I met in the community was pawnluv loved the fresh perspective he had with OG still prefer oats over everything but its all inspiring people taking time out I made a few realistic solos on OG later lost because of the vimeo scare did some on sk82 and still wreck sk83 Ive always wanted to skate with oats guys been in a few collabs and that was amazing made it worth while too many cool people to make shoutouts but everything ive seen over the years is the reason I play the way I do so thank you fluckit ea skatethis lb and skatecc

Permy
10-28-2011, 12:46 PM
sickassthread

got og on 6/28/2008
and I started in the community about September 2009
lolrossvenzland. We made moustache, stu joined, then virtualparadise, who I really wish would fucking get on xbox because I haven't talked to that motherfucker in ages,
Then I decided it would be fun to have 30 dudes on the team. stache<3
Got on a team with Nolan (the gay one)
I MET COOPER HERE <3
nolan nolaned the team and then I got on SSS
DJ is extremely fucking old and i love dag
I met saunders somewhere around here
Then I get a pm from Jack Barclay and now I'm on DP
love dp

now i'm just in hoodlum parties
i know you are jealous

Skelli, knex, demz, sk, riggs, tno, illmatic, breezy (I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT BREEZY), moses, menno :3
^those people belong somewhere in the story but I can't figure out where

I've been extremely dumb to all of you at some point and for that you can suck my dick
good day

fluckit<3

edit:
I just realized derk made a comment about imoo6
I haven't heard that name in forever
kys

thesignguy
11-15-2011, 05:53 PM
Wasn't in to video games much. Had all but the last couple TH games. Lost interest when Bam came on, then throwing tomatoes nailed the coffin. Not sure where I first saw preview maybe Rob and Big. Got the demo, saw some ingame footy and created my account to actually ask him questions I think.*
Anyway I tried spot battle online and got hooked. I was wayyy into it. Played every second and got up in the 30's ranked. Kids started cheating and it ruined all fun whatsoever so I thought I could "make a difference"
Joined the forum and started a thread. First comment was from Pawn telling me to do my own thing and not worry about the cheating. I was hooked.*

Hung out with EB and joker a lot here

Only seshed three times since then. Twice with Monkey/moma and once with old schooler. Was invited to the heckle sessions but unfortunately I never got a box.

Looked up to: Pawn (shocker) Demz (of course) Midnight, skatevid (more like looked down to) Eflix, Jack Barclay, DJ Adam (so rad with the edit) Phsyco, Southie (hands down he's the best) Revo (best 180's) Tubi (never ever a bad part) Kanen (until he was on BKS, was way more creative before, became very robotic, was just a good version of there style) *if I name the rest it wouldn't give fair credit to the above.

I have always been a sucker for an event. Hoodlum, 54, naut, dp, SSS always followed through. Peeps waiting for the drop.

Time and interest have changed with time. It's hard to watch any vids anymore, even from my favs. Sad but true. I'm sure there's tons of cool new guys. Wish I'd seen them all but I haven't. *

thedumbnerd3
11-15-2011, 05:56 PM
OG Skate: December 09(xbox)
Skate 2(March 2011)
Skate 3(May 2011)
Og Skate(May 2011 for PS3)
Around July is when I really got into the community. Mage was my first partner in crime

SeksulChokolate
11-15-2011, 06:10 PM
Been around the forums since early 2007
og skate tour and demo were the greatest
early days with bucks, skatevid, ell

skate 2 I was in awe with the quality of the vids that were being produced.
Anders, jack, demz, knex...just to name a few who really inspired me during skate 2

skate 3...picked up by threat.
awesome being on the team. roc, mambs, embers, hook, gym, seamonkey, shay...hell of a team guys for real
standouts for me in skate 3...too many to say. Love fluckit. Been a second home to all of us and the picture perfect place to chill and talk skate.

Been an awesome four going on five years for sure

Reserrved
11-15-2011, 07:00 PM
didnt start till the end of s2 with sgreen. when s3 demo came out got picked up by E. ARIVR didnt work out. made Wicked with stark and rellik. skrap,sa,mimic,snakeeyes some of the coolest dudes ever. now with Halcyon with some beast skaters. E, Saunders, Wiltz, Jack all rip.

WhatBra
11-16-2011, 11:45 PM
first skate game i played was Skate 3 december 2010, and got skate 2 a few months ago and recently played OG Skate! (:

unplannedman
11-17-2011, 05:08 AM
I started playing Skate 2 at a friends house. Although I was watching all kinds of Skate 3 videos before that. I bought Skate it for DS in winter 2010, then I got Skate it for wii in summer 2010, in for Christmas 2010 I got Skate 3, then my buddy gave me Skate 2 since he didn't play it anymore (I need that damned filmer pack!). While I was scrolling through videos, I saw this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo-bhm4BXT8) before I even played any of the games, since then, I've always looked up to Derk, Ill, and Prowlin, needless to say my style isn't remotely like theirs. And then this is my very first solo, (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAUxQ20zdUk) it's horrible. My first team was GOX which was a team I made and put random people on, and since I had no idea how the community worked since I wasn't a part of it, I pmed them and told them to film shit, and I lurked on their reels. :P

aaronberlin
11-17-2011, 06:36 AM
I got skate. days after release. Played the ever loving shit out of it, and have bought 2 and 3 on the days of release.
I'm a hardcore lurker, never really been into posting / vid making / any of that sort've thing.

Always loved 1954 / Doppleganger.
In n out was always one of my huge loves.
Pawn / all of OATS have kept me going through the series.
OG kids table stuff (islandvibes21.. supafly..buttplugg..derek goodspeed)

Jack
11-17-2011, 01:16 PM
I was on this shit way ahead of time. I remember hooking up an account almost a month ahead of time and the forums were wild as fuck back in the day. When the demo dropped you could post a 4 second clip on youtube and get 30,000 views in a few hours. At first, I didn't know anybody. I played with randoms for awhile until I could land a clean trick and throw in a treflip on the rollaway and then I made my first video. I've always, always tried to live somewhere between simulated reality and actual in-game difficulty. I was teamless for all of S1. S2 started and I formed a small team with deadredeyes: R.I.P. 202. Then Stevland, who is one of the best people I've ever met, invited onto DP. I think I had an early chance at Psychonaut, but the past is the past.

Early influences: Midnight for sure. He's as technically gifted as Southie . . .seriously. SignGuy has always had one of the most distinctive styles. Demz had something special from the start. Skhate88 was a major influence for S2. Horsehead has some of the best spots and filming in the game. Knex has been a long time love affair. Little surprise here, Eflixx has influenced my filming style more than anyone else. Eflixx is the unqualified best filmer of all time. Bullet changed the game during S2, for everyone. I remember being in a party with Demz and Magic and a few other dudes and Demz was like, "What the fuck, have you seen Bullet?" the rest is history.

Special Mention: Clayfighter who is the sweetest, funniest dude and seriously has an amazing eye for finding gaps.

Rip Ol' Rusty, HandyGap, and The Darkness. Those three gaps have had some of the gnarliest online sessions that I can remember and some of my best online moments with members of DP, 54, Psychonaut, AM, Threat, the Locs. I remember Anchors saying, "what if we tried to land a trick between the lamp post and the parking meter?" 2 hours later I landed a bs heelflip and it was fucking on like donkey kong.

Clayfighter
11-17-2011, 07:02 PM
i like this thread alot and i like the people in it. ive been around for a very very long time, back when this place was a twinkle in a hobo eye and have to say most of the people who inspired me still do. like everyone demz has played a big part in my skate experience, i didnt understand his videos until talking to him and it opened my mind to the world of animations. i feel like i was cruising and demz showed me kickflips. magic is another big influence as he essentially seems to be my mirror half and this partnership that has started hoodlum, and that has also kicked off the e-Careers of many.

sss and dp where also quite an influence in that they represent an idea that i feel the best teams on here adapt to, they have become a fixture in this culture. this is really hard to right down in full cause i have so much to say but ill basically break it down to a sentence and a name
Jack: you are great and funny and im glad i know you

Robley: i have a great deal of respect for you and hope to one day own a condo with you, and all woman condo in which dress up as ugly ladies and pretend to be our male cousins.

Mack: youre black and that is good enough for me

Bullet: youre one of the best people hands down. period blood.

Skatehead: only person who can make the gonz style work, and youre my friend

heshfield: holy shit you are my hero style and graphic work you are a man!

Permy: youre gay and youre dad hate the internet i love you!

um too many people to name damn it skate for introducing me to too many nice people all the others dont feel slighted i love you all in the gayest way possible. and thank you to the people i have touched along the way, without you not pressing charges i would be locked away.

skHate88
11-18-2011, 07:13 AM
i bought s1 the day it came out... i didn't even own an xbox at the time i just knew i wanted the game.
had to skate to the other side of town everyday to play it at a friends house, he got really pissed off at me just going round to use his xbox then pissing off home.
i managed to save up just enough money to buy an xbox just before xmas 07
played og pretty much everyday, it was love.
didn't get xbl until mid 08 i think, first guys in the community i spoke to were bene, newblood, shady4chi, satori...
then i got on reign so i used to talk to those guys on the reign chatbox constantly, never really seshed online though.
mid way through s2 it was dp, got talking to stevland alot, best/nicest guy in this community hands down. the fucker even bought me ms points and posted them to me so i could get trails HD, true friend.
other guys i was inspired by...
jack barclay <3
tno
demz
flix
kanen (intrewders)
im006, thanks to whoever posted that guys name in this thread, i forgot about him but he was sick.
bullet
robley
horsehead!
heshfield
saunders & perm (just for putting up with my cuntyness in parties)

can't think anymore

skate was and still is the best game ever.

Demzilla
11-18-2011, 09:52 AM
so much point swapping during skate.
shit ive never herd of in any other game community this small...

The Revolutionist
11-23-2011, 08:51 AM
I had skate on release. Never really went online except for a few times with Hoodlum and TNO and Stev. Ask those guys to decypher my accent lol. Skate 2 was shit, skate 3 was cool, especially sessioning with Adda, needmoretime and the rest of the catface lot.

Influences i would say, Mazzdizzy, probably the first "superstar" fake skater, belvedere69, the guy who invented real switch so you can thank him for that, Plugg, always a cool guy, anyone who had the balls to be different, which as most of you know is hard in a game were everyone tries to copy the cool guys.

Skate 1 consumed most of my life around the time of its release. i have to give a shout to Magic and the Hoodlum boys for asking me to join. Magic in particular helped me with a few things, scratch my back sorta thing. A lot of you probably wont know me, i usually mind my own business round these parts, recently bought skate 1 and fell in love again. Think i might make a video actually....

madsser
11-30-2011, 01:54 PM
Never had any homies.
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/gallery/forever-alone/forever-alone-guy-painting.jpg

MarcoPoloUSN
11-30-2011, 02:12 PM
This should be stickied. It's a good read.

Corpsey
12-02-2011, 07:11 AM
Long time no see fellas. Jeez, this all brings back so many memories, mostly good, some awkward. I got Skate 1 when it first came out, which was my whole reason for buying an Xbox 360. I think this was back in 2007. Shortly after playing I found out about one of the first forums, forget what it was called now, but War ran it if I remember correctly. Met Sethbates on there and he put me on his team Massacre. I did some stuff for that team, then I had a few things in the first Banks2Ledges video by Monkeymedia.

After that, I ended up on Frequency with Monkey, Bene, Satori, Momadaddy (Evan), Nub, and the others (sorry if I forgot you <3). During that time Bene, Satori and myself pretty much talked shit in parties non-stop. We had a good time.

I think somewhere between Frequency and Catface I started my own team, From Hell, which was okay, but never accomplished much. I wasn't good at being a team leader.

Later on I got a PS3 and ended up on Catface with FDH3rd, Need, Jerrel, DVC, Rhek, and others (again, sorry if I forgot you <3). I played and filmed with them from mid-to-late Skate 2, through a good part of Skate 3.

Went back to the 360, bought Skate 3 for that shortly after, and really never filmed anything since. My last footage was Catface stuff, just search for "Corpsey" on YT, you'll find it. I gotta say, those 3 or so years were probably the most fun I've ever had on a video game. Not just the game itself, but all the different people I've met, became friends with, and talked shit about (I know, it's bad, but at the time it was fucking hysterical).

The people who had the biggest impact on me, who helped me out, and who I remember in a positive way, in no particular order:
Bene, Satori, fallingskyline, Needmoretime, FDH3rd, Momadaddy, Monkeymedia, Shady4Chi, Nolan, Rhek, DVC, Zodas, Monk, skhate, nubmarine, Bert... that's all I can think of right now. If there's anyone I missed, know that it wasn't on purpose. You guys rule.

teh m1L3z
12-15-2011, 06:07 PM
first person i ever played with was mazzdizzy. he was the only person on my xbl friends list. he then introduced me to inNout, switchtre and this guy named stopgob, who i became fakeskate bff with. then he just vanished outta nowhere never to return. and the person responsible for me even putting a video out is sknoodler. which in turn ended up getting me on my first fakeskate team SnD which led to me joining Hoodlum. here is that fisrt vid i ever did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXcVk7gtmDQ&feature=plcp&context=C30d759fUDOEgsToPDskLtE3iESVhh58AEbD_fRN5d

i looked up to mazzdizzy during the demo days since he was droppin vids like crazy. i also really looked up to clay and magic which is why i wanted to be on hoodlum since i can remember.

i miss the Og days, shit was fun. meeting cuz for the first tiem online, having dumb beef with inNout and bks. telling Cip off in a 19page hidden thread. fuckin TUGBOAT!

Clay... Magic... Thanks for all the great times.

Mark the Sith
12-15-2011, 09:35 PM
Rocked OG on my Xbrick, couldn't get enough of breaking bones for like the first 2 hours. Then actually tried the skating and was hooked for life. Graduated to S2 and was a competition skater, never even touched cameras until S3 demo. Hooked up with some guys off the start on Motion, left that team and randomly hooked up with the Dharma guys. The sex was good, been there ever since releasing trash that only I like.

Inspiration: E, Sickones, Pawn, Stevland, Derk
Who helped me learn stuff : ChasmJ, Ayreon, Antwan

BladderBoy
12-15-2011, 11:48 PM
Before the OG demo dropped, I was rapping with gregisonfire on the IGN forums about creating a skate team before the upcoming release. I pitched the name reIGN because it cleverly had IGN in the name. Gay. The week before OG demo, 8/13/2007, greg posted THIS (http://boards.ign.com/skateboarding/b6295/148319231/p1) under the heading "Team reIGN". That was the beginning. I made a demo video, but was such a retard that I couldn't get it posted on YT.

Soon after that I made this website, maybe the first fakeskate team site ever. Don't ask why I haven't allowed the domain name to expire - http://skateteamreign.com/pro_team.html

So then my first video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVHw1NF6OFE

A few months later I was inspired by homies at SkateThis to play around with coffin cams. Being the antisocial douche that I am, I figured out a way to make one by myself with 2 xboxs and 2 tvs. Playing on one tv, and filming on the other. There were rubber bands and tripods and dv cams involved. A total mess. My gf thought I was an idiot.

Here are the first 2 tests:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVizS0LZVoY&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iTLexQAz3Y&feature=related

I thought the second test was dope, so I moved forward with an all cofin cam vid, edited to music I created. Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKM-vgT68-M&feature=related

Aaaaaand cut. I don't even know what that was supposed to be.

After that, the team was cooking, gregisonfire was long gone, leaving me as the only original founding member. Many good times followed. I remember staying up crazy late to coffin film ShaydeeUK. I remember hitmanx123 before his nads dropped. He was Perm v1.0 back then.

Without going into the whole story, shit got kinda crazy, team drama, skatethis drama, inbox full of shit from 12 year olds, I simply got turned off. Just before reIGN made a bit of a name for itself, I bailed. Like MIA bailed. Gone.

I played S2 like a meth addict, but didn't involve myself with the community at all. Something I will always regret, cause I missed all the good shit.

I came back with Lb#1 right before S3 dropped, not as MonThakma, but under the new name BladderBoy. I wanted to start fresh I guess. Or maybe I was avoiding the hit that Zodas put out on me after leaving reIGN high and dry. Maybe making Lb was my penance for going AWOL and letting down my OG homies.

Much respect and thanks to Magic for putting a gun to everyones head and making them look at my fakeskate mag.

Shaydee, DVC, Zodas, Hitman, Rhekaan - my belated apologies. Props on moving forward with reIGN, and earning the Cuz "Team Reign would like that" shoutout in S2. A single tear fell from my eye when I found that easter egg. Proud to be a part of it.

Glad I got that off my chest after 3 years...

Thanks for reading and watching.

Slamooh
12-16-2011, 01:00 AM
oh fuck, i didnt realized it was you with the static cams (i clearly remember monthakma and that crazy 2 xbox setup :p), reign and all...
weird
be proud of what you've done
and thanks for likebuttermag

BladderBoy
12-16-2011, 01:04 AM
Thank YOU Slam. I consider shooting your Lb photo feature and editing your mag minute to be highlights of my fakecareer. Much respect.

Deacon
12-16-2011, 02:36 AM
Played OG and s2 from the start pretty much (though OG was intermittent due to my obsession with rainbow 6)

Made quite a few s2 graphics, but didn't starting making vids till end of s2, continued into skate 3, gutted I wasn't active during the glory days. Still i'm here now, and whether there is a community or not I'll still be making vids, as I love doing it.

EDIT - Just read the orignal post so wanted to expand on my post.

Animal Machine and Forge Style Films (Champoy) were the reason I started making videos, after discovering them on YT. 6am was the first FL I ever wacthed and is still one of my favs. Loved watching AlexOrregos vids too and Jankies.

There are so many people now i enjoy wyaching videos from - Boxer, notedderk, alex, adda, wiltz, sk8ratwar, river, saunders420, whatbra, mattyman, sickones, slamooh, jerrel, pk, push, marco, guni, cash and skatertinky, plus plenty of other peeps.

First peeps I seshed with online was a dude called remix on xbox and easkatekrew on ps3. I then met a whole heap of people online xb - drawls, Duce NLS, DuunderMifflin, Ohmid, Mathiys, roflcopter, rushiie, EZ Cake, Mattyman, Platypus, Boxerman, Riverking, Marco, Sk8ratwar, reflex, mguni, chizzy, sourdeeze, fullyflared, phantom soup, banner boy, alexmcs, whatbra, jimmy2times I could go on....

Had some mad funny sessions with most of the people, just hanging out online till like 5 and 6am telling sick jokes and laughing at random shit. Still do actually and whether one of us playing skate , battlefield 3 or saints row etc the usual suspects hang out in XBL parties :)

On ps3 (when i go on it) old skooler, adda, ea skate crew and mage i have skated with a few times. I really need to get back on Ps3 always had a good laugh when i do.

Slamooh
12-16-2011, 06:01 AM
Thank YOU Slam. I consider shooting your Lb photo feature and editing your mag minute to be highlights of my fakecareer. Much respect.
oh dude. We re just players... guys managing sites like fluckit, likebutter (skatethis rip) are way more useful ;). It was a cool session, wasn't it ? :p
i am the one thanking you for that spot ;)

thesignguy
12-16-2011, 06:30 AM
oh fuck, i didnt realized it was you with the static cams (i clearly remember monthakma and that crazy 2 xbox setup :p), reign and all...
weird
be proud of what you've done
and thanks for likebuttermag

Wow I always wondered were you came from

heshfield
12-16-2011, 07:35 AM
OG was the reason I bought a PS3..but I had no clue about people making videos until the S2 demo dropped. Eventhough I wasnt part of the community at the time, OG Skate will always be my favorite game of all time.
Randomly, I visited the EA forums sometime later and saw one solo and I was hooked. After that, I couldnt get enough DP and 1954 videos--DP'54 is still one of my all-time favs.
At some point, I found Fluckit and knew I was in the right place. Skate on the ps3 got lonely so I bought an Xbox, befriended Robley, and got in on those 'heckle sessions' with Cuz and the gang--best times Ive ever had gaming online.
Robley wanted to start his own team and I was in the right place at the right time--the rest is history. Im not sure if I truly deserved a spot on Psychonaut, but it made me push myself to do my best. Im very thankful to the team for doing that for me.

So many of you have influenced me and my fake.skating:
All of Psychonaut, '54, and DP ..namely Robley, Bullet, Horsehead, Knex, Eflix, SupaFly, Demz, Anchors, Skatehead, Andersatan, Stevland, SkHate, TNO
Animal Machine--Slamooh, Shady, Amp for their unbelievably clean skating/filming and high quality video production
Clayfighter--made every XBL party worth being in and always appreciated the nuances of this game
Southcity's unbelievable command of the flickit system and his ability to spontaneously do anything and everything he wanted
SkelliBonez' distinct style
Signguy's no bullshit approach
JackBarclay's epic video responses
Triple Threat for "Tranny Killers"--not bad for a bunch of fruitbooters, lol.
Gizzler for being more 'hesh' than me.
..and everyone else; too many to list. If youve made a skate.video and I watched it, most likely youve given me ideas for spots or tricks. Thank you all for perpetuating one of the best ways for me to waste my time--ah, the memories..

mamba12
12-16-2011, 08:11 AM
got the og demo day 1. lots of mega ramp sessions with dudes in my dorm. never got into the community til the end. but i distinctly remember sitting in my college's library watching a DP video thinking it was the coolest thing i've ever seen done with a video game. one windows media maker edit from og and i was hooked.

skate 2, roc must have taken pity on me or something. because i don't know how anyone would consider my sponsor me video good. but that's how i ended up chillin with him, embers, gym, redhook, quetonto, etc. dp54 was the defining vid of s2 in my book. had to step up my game after Triple Threat got noticed by the masses. I don't think i even knew what Hoodlum was until i was on it. fluckit became home. can't believe how long ago that was.

s3 - just doing what i do. saw a lot of crazy vids that i knew i would never come close to. but it was still too fun to quit. we all knew it had to end at some point. buying a pvr made this game bearable, otherwise i'd already be gone.

Jack
12-16-2011, 03:55 PM
This one's for Hesh.

A monster creeps upon us, terrible in aspect, ratio, and virulence. It seeps the blood and spit of a dying world. In the darkness, it fucks us in our messy beds, in our filthy apartments. Defiled and exhausted we wake between the gray slats of another meaningless morning. In our socks and little else we comfort with coffee, bong, beer, ashtray, xbox, laptop, and Skate. These are our drugs. We are your addicts. The monster will live and breath in my dreams, in my nightmares, in my bed. In my mind, a gun is born from between the twisted folds of neurons, axons and dendrites. The gun is us. Pull the trigger.

heshfield
12-16-2011, 04:41 PM
This one's for Hesh.

A monster creeps upon us, terrible in aspect, ratio, and virulence. It seeps the blood and spit of a dying world. In the darkness, it fucks us in our messy beds, in our filthy apartments. Defiled and exhausted we wake between the gray slats of another meaningless morning. In our socks and little else we comfort with coffee, bong, beer, ashtray, xbox, laptop, and Skate. These are our drugs. We are your addicts. The monster will live and breath in my dreams, in my nightmares, in my bed. In my mind, a gun is born from between the twisted folds of neurons, axons and dendrites. The gun is us. Pull the trigger.

Absolutely perfect. 'Bless you, Jack.

Hitmanx123
12-17-2011, 12:08 PM
Before the OG demo dropped, I was rapping with gregisonfire on the IGN forums about creating a skate team before the upcoming release. I pitched the name reIGN because it cleverly had IGN in the name. Gay. The week before OG demo, 8/13/2007, greg posted THIS (http://boards.ign.com/skateboarding/b6295/148319231/p1) under the heading "Team reIGN". That was the beginning. I made a demo video, but was such a retard that I couldn't get it posted on YT.

Soon after that I made this website, maybe the first fakeskate team site ever. Don't ask why I haven't allowed the domain name to expire - http://skateteamreign.com/pro_team.html

So then my first video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVHw1NF6OFE

A few months later I was inspired by homies at SkateThis to play around with coffin cams. Being the antisocial douche that I am, I figured out a way to make one by myself with 2 xboxs and 2 tvs. Playing on one tv, and filming on the other. There were rubber bands and tripods and dv cams involved. A total mess. My gf thought I was an idiot.

Here are the first 2 tests:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVizS0LZVoY&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iTLexQAz3Y&feature=related

I thought the second test was dope, so I moved forward with an all cofin cam vid, edited to music I created. Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKM-vgT68-M&feature=related

Aaaaaand cut. I don't even know what that was supposed to be.

After that, the team was cooking, gregisonfire was long gone, leaving me as the only original founding member. Many good times followed. I remember staying up crazy late to coffin film ShaydeeUK. I remember hitmanx123 before his nads dropped. He was Perm v1.0 back then.

Without going into the whole story, shit got kinda crazy, team drama, skatethis drama, inbox full of shit from 12 year olds, I simply got turned off. Just before reIGN made a bit of a name for itself, I bailed. Like MIA bailed. Gone.

I played S2 like a meth addict, but didn't involve myself with the community at all. Something I will always regret, cause I missed all the good shit.

I came back with Lb#1 right before S3 dropped, not as MonThakma, but under the new name BladderBoy. I wanted to start fresh I guess. Or maybe I was avoiding the hit that Zodas put out on me after leaving reIGN high and dry. Maybe making Lb was my penance for going AWOL and letting down my OG homies.

Much respect and thanks to Magic for putting a gun to everyones head and making them look at my fakeskate mag.

Shaydee, DVC, Zodas, Hitman, Rhekaan - my belated apologies. Props on moving forward with reIGN, and earning the Cuz "Team Reign would like that" shoutout in S2. A single tear fell from my eye when I found that easter egg. Proud to be a part of it.

Glad I got that off my chest after 3 years...

Thanks for reading and watching.

^ pretty much, team reign 4 lyfe >:p

Hitmanx123
12-17-2011, 12:22 PM
"In the beginning there was semen, and it went into jeremy rogers eye". If you know me, then you know probably know where that came from. Over the many years ive spent my life sitting down trying to get better at a fake-skate game mostly to appease to my deer peers. Without you guys i would of had no motivation to really do much and for that all of you fools have my respect for life.

Team Reign haha, man what a way to start. i remember being on ign and chatting with zodas about how we were gunna do a team video and all this and of course it hit me. how the fluck do i get footage? IEven though my time on reign was short lived and i didnt really get to say goodbye im glad i was able to have my first experience being ona team with you guys. and where every you are i hope your still enjoying skate as much as i dont :p.

Hoodlum...well fuck what is there to say...its fucking HOODLUM BITCH! WE GOT HOMIES ON DECK! >:D Clay, Magic, Mack, Skatehead,blackhawk,Noobtard,Skatevid,demz,south,s toked,adopted, ghost,bullet,robley,kyleonfire,hesh,supa,milez,rip per,mrsk8,roc,embers......fuck just to name a few and im sure there were 50 more i cant name right now. But fuck without you guys...well there wouldnt be a hitman so im let you finish readin this but hoodlum was and still is the best team of ALL TIME

Sickone
12-18-2011, 02:29 AM
Joined skate in 2007, made a solo (which is still on youtube) but it was crap. Made a few in skate 2 but the camera reset thing pissed me off so stuck to online play. Joined EA but it looked dead so didn't bother checking out teams etc. First friend was a guy called Ramo, we used to play spot battle all day and night. Camera options made me get back into filming in skate 3, then became friends with GWA

bohemian
12-18-2011, 09:09 AM

masterclass

Permy
12-18-2011, 04:11 PM
This one's for Hesh.

I love you.

old-skooler-34
12-18-2011, 06:16 PM
-Started with Skate the day it came out but never played online.
-S2 I played online but never had a mic and would only do challenges like a fool
-S3 I got a mic and started meeting people and heard about the forums :)

The very first person I seshed with using a mic was Grundlegoat and we started messing with parks. I decided to step up the park building and Met Monkeysuncle soon after. Monkey told me my rails were to high (haha) and gave me some tips to help me progress. Then I met Adamj1987 who also built parks and we consistently pushed each other to get better! Adam and me came across one of rzrfvr's parks and we shit, we knew we had to step it up further. Started seshing with rzrfvr and he was chill. After seeing all these sick Team's like DP and Stingray I asked Adamj1987 and rzrfvr if they'd be interested in starting something up. They were, so I came up with the name CAP Faction, set it up, and started making them post their parks :).

Many people here and there I've seshed with that shouldn't go unmentioned but the above is the short of it. Most of the guys that inspire me are either on CAP Faction or CAP Faction ST although there's plenty that aren't but should be. Basically everyone I sesh with inspires me one way or another.

Cuztard
12-21-2011, 12:18 PM
Been playing since before it was born...my OG homies were J-Bomb and the Darkman D...seshing in a hotel room with a controller linked to a laptop that would tell us when we performed a trick. Old school text stylee FTW! Played games of SKATE that way. That was when we knew we had the magic. After that it was a block guy in a vector world...raw dog physics only...fuck that Hardcore mode ;) aw...the stories I could tell.

fuck that...(for now.)

Heckle sesh tonight for anyone down...and if an EA Nation error does not occur.

(And where the hell is Mean Goon?)

Mage505
12-21-2011, 12:34 PM
-Started with Skate the day it came out but never played online.
-S2 I played online but never had a mic and would only do challenges like a fool
-S3 I got a mic and started meeting people and heard about the forums :)

The very first person I seshed with using a mic was Grundlegoat and we started messing with parks. Grundle would invite that dude Caccy and Caccy would tell us how good his parks were while we were in them (haha). I decided to step up the park building and Met Monkeysuncle soon after. Monkey told me my rails were to high (haha) and gave me some tips to help me progress. Then I met Adamj1987 who also built parks and we consistently pushed each other to get better! Adam and me came across one of rzrfvr's parks and we shit, we knew we had to step it up further. Started seshing with rzrfvr and he was chill. After seeing all these sick Team's like DP and Stingray I asked Adamj1987 and rzrfvr if they'd be interested in starting something up. They were, so I came up with the name CAP Faction, set it up, and started making them post their parks :).

Many people here and there I've seshed with that shouldn't go unmentioned but the above is the short of it. Most of the guys that inspire me are either on CAP Faction or CAP Faction ST although there's plenty that aren't but should be. Basically everyone I sesh with inspires me one way or another.

Is that mean I inspire you. :P Jk OS

Anyway...

I never played OG in my life. Some kid told me at school to get Skate 2 instead of playing THPG, so I bought it. fell in love with it! I got Skate 3 for my Birthday during the beginning of the year and fooled around. Never met anybody, except a few random Mega Park people.

After I purchased all the DLC, I thought maybe I should try making parks (Thx OS for the inspiration) and made a park called Brickville. It was terrible, everything was so close and bunched up. So I tried again a few weeks later.

I started playing on HC when people said how fun it was. A month ago I began skating realistic instead of popping way high. So I started a team called Roll Design. I got the name because OS gave me the idea while we were seshin. I met a few people and we fakeskate almost everyday.

thesignguy
12-21-2011, 12:34 PM
controller linked to a laptop? who do you think you are?

no but damn a heckle sesh? maybe I should try and borrow my nephews box. I have always wanted to do one of those with you dudes

NotMikeNikeSb
12-28-2011, 09:11 PM
Got s1 and s2 in like the august after s2 came out.
watched easkatetv.
then made s3 videos.
zulutheking was the coolest first person ive ever met........
then PERMKID
/done

jimmypage4ever
12-31-2011, 10:20 PM
For me it all stared with the rob and big episode where they go to blackbox. Two weeks later i found the ea forums and one month later the demo came out. Once the game came out i met Poopiedeloopie and we were on SecksPandas with DerekGodspeed and a few others. So they were my very first ea skate homies along with ericdotcom and DangerslyBANGIN which we later had Korrupted Skate Team. The one person who truly was inspiring to me was Demzilla. I remember watching his first video, all i rember was this sick as fluck hurricane grind down a handrail and i was hooked on his shyt for there on out, also loved how he started using the triggers to animate the knees bending in grinds and landings. Pawnluv and InNout were also favorites of mine to watch their videos...

Anjo606
01-02-2012, 11:45 PM
Holy shizzzzz lol havent been on here for the longest time lol dont know if anyone remembers me anymore either :'(( haha. But i remember going here when i started playing skate. online, and met up with shady4chi and some other dudes to join Ice Creamers, then some controversial stuff happened that i dont want to get in depth with ( short: account logged on still, friend posts link to lemon party and shady gets a virus on his computer), getting me kicked out. Then met some new people who form board breakers for like 3 months haha. then after that just started playing with some hoodlum guys and other fluckit members like hitmanx123, clayfighter, and some others i cant renember lol sorry.

Skatehead
08-15-2012, 09:24 PM
Bumping this thread only cuz Ive read every above comment and this is amazing.

This community had always been something I never want to lose or be out of the loop of...I it easily one of the most creative out there...and SO many ppl/teams have paved the way....
AM, dp, Psycho, 54, Vice, Hostile, Recession Free, BKS, Couch, SSS....others I forgot, I am sorry.

To be honest I really never had anyone I looked up to, only inspired by...
Magic, Clay, Perm, Demz, Robley, Cuz, Kelly Litz, South, Stoked, Anch, Anders, Knex, Stev, TNO, Skhate Flixxx, Cory Web, Saunders, Skelli, Mack, Shady, Hesh, Adda, Gizz, Horse, Supa, EB, Milez, ButtPlugg, Hitman, Dag, Pairs, Ill, Noted, SG, Pawn, Momma, Tubs, Manolo, List goes on for days.....

Thank you all for everything, even if you think you didnt do anything you did.

Hitmanx123
08-15-2012, 10:16 PM
all the homies

JakeSkate306
08-16-2012, 03:59 PM
I Started playing skate. the day it came out. Being a skateboarder in real life made me want that game so bad. Never played with anyone except my homie from my hometown. Skate 2 rolled in and I was still playing all by myself not even knowing that there was actually a community out there. Skate 3 came around and for about 3 years I played it by myself still. Started making parks and putting them out still not knowing about the community, the only person i really knew about was chilifrat so i defenitally looked up to him for a while. One day someone sent me a friend request by the name of Fubzie and sent me a message saying he liked my parks. I started chatting with him and finally found out there was a whole community of park creators and filmers and all this and that and basically this game just evolved for me from skate 3 to 4. After a day or two i started chatting with fubzie n MrMaster and SmurfsInaBox. We formed LPC after a while and met lots of new friends like suds and luft and m7 and fecal face and i cant even begin to mention all of you. This game and community i must say has to be the friendliest out there.

HaRdTeK
02-05-2017, 03:32 PM
Nice thread.
Ii start go on skate this and meet people and my absolutely first home was CHRIS19 he was used to help me with the coffin cams when in n out made a tutorial for do that on after effects, he was on a great team (I don't remember the name) so he gets busy and I started a collaboration with BigRedTakeover for a sanvan tour.
I succeeded to have a tryouts in teamReign and I was finalist with FDH3RD and shaydeeUkAnd zodas chose for let enter both.
I learned a lot from that team, I was in pro team w rheekan norwegianpsycho shaydee zodas monthakama, DVC and more but those are the Skaters who influenced me, as skating and editing .
SSS, in n out, DP are surely the teams who I watched more and tried to learn from.

I know there are lot of more fellas and teams but at the moment I don't remember any.

Valley
02-06-2017, 08:08 AM
This is the best thread ever, I started playing OG at a friends house and was amazed at how the physics effected everything. Finally managed to get a ps3 in july 2008 with OG. I saw a few of stevland & TNO's strictly vids and wanted to start making vids. Played solo for ages then ventured online in S2 and met eternalREWIND in a random freeskate. Eternal was the only person I seshed with for ages then I found Lb mag through the kids table, started taking photos and it soon became an obsession. Met so many people through the Lb chatbox and started seshing with adda,cerebus,OMGi'msue,needmoretime,fred and a bunch of other peeps. I think it was adda who introduced me to old skooler then seshing CAP's till 6 in the morning became a daily thing. Met jebotek during a CAP session during and soon after CAPfaction ST started, I've met so many cool people through this thumb flicking fake skating adventure. The whole time I was involved with helping out on Lb was the best fun I've had online and helped me through some rough times. Thanks for starting this thread Marco, been a great read.

Nelson
02-09-2017, 02:04 PM
<3 RIP pinkbananastatus and my 300 skate vids

Mack Magic & demz will always be my top 3

Antwan
02-09-2017, 02:26 PM
NeedsMoreTP was me on another account so I'm reiterating.
Used to hangout at the local EB Games and Play The OG Demo.
Picked up OG fresh off the Tony Hawk Boat.
Later on found the Kids Table When OG Was Still Poppin.
Before the Community I was 99% Tony Hawker.
Got Inpsired by some PawnLuv Videos and my Hybrid style started to form.
The Guys around here and other sites for the game really kept me going.
Even when It may have seemed like I was pissed off or full of myself I could've been way worse off.
I was all about OATS Videos for a long time so that team is top for me. Seeing how they are the reason I started in the first place It's only right.
Pretty Easy to Click with others through this game though, I've had run ins with quite a few people on here.
I Quickly realized how consistent others are, or maybe just how inconsistent I am.
My Videos took TIME but I'm just bad lol.

noobtard07
02-10-2017, 09:40 AM
<3 RIP pinkbananastatus and my 300 skate vids

Mack Magic & demz will always be my top 3

You know a game is special when you still talk to the people you played it with on a regular basis almost 10 years later

adding to that though: Magic, Clayfighter, Mack, skatevid2, and Mr Nelson up there^ aka UJusGotAdopted were some of the first people i really seshed with. so many OG Hoodlum pool seshes at 4 AM, even Cuz and scott blackwood would join the fun. btw, Cuz still owes me a copy of the last Tiger Woods game. Told me he'd send it to me if I beat his score lol. it's crazy to think though how many friendships were made and how many hours were spent laughing/connecting with people across the country who you'd probably never meet. I was lucky enough to meet Magic SEVEN years ago when I was on a trip to California. he witnessed me skate the Santa Monica Triple and the 14 at the highschool. skatevid2 and I have stayed at eachothers houses on multiple occasions and became good friends through skate. i love the internet

bonus friends i made playing this game: hitmanx123, ogrer, Doctor Q Who (i can thank him for my new gpu), ablindkid66, opie jacob, lbb (jake blue, aka Chris Cole NBD contest winner) kushkrashboom, uhhhh there was some guy named TheGhost301 who lied about who he really was, oh and does anyone else remember Cip? Cip4296 or something. that guy was a dick if i remember correctly, but there's also a legendary recording of him talking about karate kicking a toddler or something lol. man the kids table days were a trip

Clayfighter
02-10-2017, 06:21 PM
I remember Cip, that freak out was one of the craziest things i can remember. God, this thread is a trip down memory lane

noobtard07
02-11-2017, 11:26 AM
I remember Cip, that freak out was one of the craziest things i can remember. God, this thread is a trip down memory lane

I still have the original .wav file somewhere, gotta hook up my old hard drive