PDA

View Full Version : First and Last OG Skate Solo

tstorm
01-18-2009, 08:25 PM
So I made this solo before the skate 2 demo dropped, posted it on the EA forums and got absolutely no replies thanks to the demo haha.

Anyways, it's my first one so I'd really like a critique of it, tear it apart guys, I really want to know whats good, and what I can improve on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF7bi86h8sg#

DeRRBaby
01-18-2009, 08:46 PM
the whole mega-ramp part seemed out of place :o

tstorm
01-19-2009, 11:04 AM
haha yeah your right, i've just had that footage on my skate.reel for a while so i put it in... but it's just that one trick haha

how'd you like the editing and other tricks though?

DeRRBaby
01-19-2009, 12:56 PM
It was good, although I have yet to make a solo vid, so I don't know how much my opinion should hold with you.

PS3 Skater
01-19-2009, 01:31 PM
Hey i loved your vid , good mix up of spots and tricks, although mega ramp does seem a bit out of place. But over all i would have to give it a 8-8.5/10

Oh and i ment to ask, what program do you use to make your videos, and also what do you use and how do you record the footage? I just do it a really complicated way and cant think of a better way, plus i dunno what program to use apart from windows movie maker which is shit. Thanks

PS3 Skater
01-19-2009, 01:45 PM
hey again dont worry about the above comment i found a tutorial on youtube :D

tstorm
01-19-2009, 07:44 PM
haha well i'll let you know anyways,

i edited with final cut on the mac, although its similar in comparison the adobe premiere on the pc, the intro graphic bit i did in adobe after effects, took about 3 min, with decent effort you can get something really nice and complex looking.

to get the clips I used skate.reel and unplug which is a plugin for firefox and I converted the flash files to .avi with a program called prism

anyways, thanks for the critique and please keep them coming guys

Watermelon4Life
01-20-2009, 10:01 AM
tight shit