PDA

View Full Version : CAP challenge- The DC Embassy

FullyFl4RED00
10-27-2011, 04:35 PM
First off If you clicked on this thread thinking it was going to take you to a remake of the DC embassy...I'm sorry to disappoint you, but as of yet I'm pretty sure nobody has made one....

However! I propose a challenge to xbox and ps3 cap builders alike!

In my opinion the dc embassy one of the most challenging parks to replicate, but one I feel is essential for us to have in our inventory of parks. Accordingly, I propose a challenge to see who can make the BEST DC Embassy remake...the judges will be the community of players...and the winner is the one with the most votes. The prize!...is having the honor of making a park that is nearly impossible to build in CAP( and that is a fact). lol...

If you feel up to it post a comment on this thread saying you accept the challenge! The deadline is 11/11/11 ...good luck...and i will be entering this challenge as well

ps. dont ask me to post pics...look them up yourself

chocolate
10-27-2011, 05:01 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/entries/icons/original/000/004/457/challenge.jpg?1291495361

Ladd279
10-27-2011, 05:14 PM
I rise to ur challenge and raise u 5 coins

FullyFl4RED00
10-27-2011, 07:21 PM
haha chocolate thats a funny reddit face but its ambiguous, i dont know what you mean...are you going to try your hand at making it?

Ladd cant wait to see what you come up with!

briden
10-27-2011, 08:44 PM
haha chocolate thats a funny reddit face but its ambiguous, i dont know what you mean...are you going to try your hand at making it?

That's the "Challenge Accepted" face.

I'll also try, but I make no promises cuz school comes first and finals are looming.

mattyman512
10-28-2011, 03:36 AM
good luck Fully I have tried making it and its well hard so I turned it into a training facilty!

fallingskyline
10-28-2011, 04:22 AM
i'm pretty sure that it isn't possible to make a picture perfect remake of the dc embassy, due to the limit of how many objects can be merged together. but i'd love to see it remade

obiwankenolte
10-28-2011, 07:09 AM
someone mentioned this over on the EA forums. i've been working on it for a couple of days and, as you said, it's damn hard to replicate. i'll accept the challenge, but i don't know if i'll make that deadline...

Ohmidineffect
10-28-2011, 07:19 AM
I just started yesterday with the pyramid and the triangular wall ride. That shit is a pentagon, there's no way to ACCURATELY make this park but I'm gunna keep at it.

FullyFl4RED00
10-28-2011, 07:23 AM
haha awesome glad so many are giving it a shot! but yeah it isnt possible to make it exact. If some1 even pulls off 60-70% accuracy ill be impressed. Good luck guys!

FullyFl4RED00
10-28-2011, 10:30 AM
Oh and he deadline isn't set in stone, it doesn't really matter when you guys finish its more about the quality rather than finishing it in a set time ha

ay platypus
10-29-2011, 02:37 AM
ill give it aggo man!

chocolate
10-29-2011, 08:36 AM
I started with the stairset section that angles, not possible... I dont know what to do lol.

Ohmidineffect
10-29-2011, 01:28 PM
Okay so I've built alot of it like alot of it, the angled stair set the pentagon, and I'm going to be honest, the proportions are shit, the general look is shit, overall it's just not something that can be done the right way, the triangle wall ride is at an angle and straight all at once. CAP has waaaaay too many limitations.

Ladd279
10-29-2011, 03:09 PM
So calling it off? Haven't got to start yet if so we should pick something else was looking forward to see different versions

Duce NLS
10-29-2011, 03:24 PM
I personally, looked at it, worked out it was impossible n thought fuck it ha ha.

But, may I suggest...

http://robdyrdekfoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/kettering_05.jpg

DC skate plaza.

I look forward to seeing some magic.

Peace

Ladd279
10-29-2011, 03:31 PM
Someone made it for ps3 pretty good does have cracks and some little downfalls haven't seen transworld park yet

Duce NLS
10-29-2011, 04:11 PM
Most of the guys in this thread are xbox though dude...

N they'd do it better.

Peace.

Ohmidineffect
10-29-2011, 06:05 PM
I'm on it like fiends to the pipe. Good shit bro!

Ohmidineffect
10-29-2011, 06:09 PM
is there an official name for that plaza?

FullyFl4RED00
10-29-2011, 07:06 PM
Yeah so I'm pretty much done with the park part of the embassy...still need to do walls roof and detailing though. Its not that accurate really, but its probably about as close as you can get. I think the height of the objects are pretty close to the rl park but the width of a lot of stuff is too big, and i had make changes to the pentagon fun box, the angled big stair set, and some other stuff lol. The big set is a big 5 instead of an eight because of merging limitations, and some other stuff is off too...in fact most of it is off. Honestly though it skates pretty great imo, and isnt really oversized. Most of you will probably think its crap compared to the rl version, and you'll be right in thinking that, but if you keep in mind the limitations of CAP you might be able to appreciate it...maybe haha. Ill be done in a day or 2 and probably have it posted by wed after some testing.

Oh and I'm definitely going to try my hand at that DC park

Duce NLS
10-30-2011, 01:49 AM
is there an official name for that plaza?

It's the dc plaza in Ohio, there's a vid by rob dyrdek called groundbreaking all about the park, how its built etc.
Also there's a shed load of vids filmed there, opening day vid shows a lot.

Can't wait to see what you come up with dude.

Peace