PDA

View Full Version : Can connecting to your router wirelessly affect your connection to EA's servers?

ChocolatCakeMix
10-28-2011, 05:00 PM
I have the xbox slim, and I connect to my router wirelessly. I can almost NEVER connect to EA's servers in any EA game (Skate 3, NFS: HP, BF3). My brother, on the other hand, who also uses an ethernet cable, has no problem at all with connecting, as he plays NCAA all the time online. For those who are able to upload, which type of connection do you use? This is pissing me off. Any help is appreciated.

NeedsMoreTP
10-28-2011, 06:54 PM
My friend has issues once in a while with that method not uncommon use an ethernet cable to troubleshoot it if ethernet connection straight in works you know the problem

Roccityroller
10-28-2011, 09:07 PM
where is your router in relation to your xbox?

Wireless routers do a much better job of sending signal laterally, not vertically. So if your router is downstairs and your xbox is upstairs, it may affect your connection.

fallingskyline
10-29-2011, 03:56 AM
i use wifi on my old xbox (the not slim one, with the old wifi stick) and on my ps3 i think it's not effecting my ea connetion at all their servers are just crap!

ChocolatCakeMix
10-29-2011, 06:53 AM
Thank you guys for willing to help.

where is your router in relation to your xbox?

Wireless routers do a much better job of sending signal laterally, not vertically. So if your router is downstairs and your xbox is upstairs, it may affect your connection.

My router is in the room right next to my xbox. I never had a problem until a couple months ago (when they weren't really working for anyone) and once they started working for a lot of people, they didn't start working for me.

madsser
10-29-2011, 07:07 AM
You'll allways have better connection when you're actually connected to your router.
But if it's right next to the Xbox there shouldn't be that big of a problem.

But when I try to use wireless connection from my room, which is in the other end of the house compared to my routher (like 30 feet away) i can't connect. OR my upload's really slow.
So there's a possibility that that's the problem. :)

Permy
10-29-2011, 07:37 AM
it's just ea's fault
nothing is ever your fault
EVER
don't ever doubt your side
ONLY EA'S FAULT
EVER

jerr bear
10-29-2011, 07:58 AM
it's just ea's fault
nothing is ever your fault