PDA

View Full Version : No you money grabbing Bastards!!

StrabMawr
01-22-2009, 06:47 AM
Content: Time is Money Pack
Price: 400 Microsoft Points
Availability: All Xbox LIVE regions
Dash Text: [PEGI: 16+ If you are too busy, or just plain lazy, "Time is Money" will unlock all locations, skaters, and gear that can be earned by playing through Skate 2's career and online modes. There are no refunds for this item.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad:

Corrine
01-22-2009, 06:53 AM
Oh my!

aebstract
01-22-2009, 06:56 AM
Was this their quick fix for people bitching about the big black challenge being too hard? This is complete bullshit.

Corrine
01-22-2009, 07:00 AM
Has this news hit the EA forums yet? That should be fun.

StrabMawr
01-22-2009, 07:04 AM
It will be :)
duck...

aebstract
01-22-2009, 07:05 AM
I don't use EA forums ;(

CPOne
01-22-2009, 08:39 AM
whats the big deal? if people are stupid/bad/impatient enough to pay for something they can get for free by playing the game, then good for EA. i say let them benefit off of these people

tehwoot
01-22-2009, 08:39 AM
ya saw that....pretty gay, lol

Darkslide
01-22-2009, 09:52 AM
whats the big deal? if people are stupid/bad/impatient enough to pay for something they can get for free by playing the game, then good for EA. i say let them benefit off of these people

Instead of devising an actual DLC that is something new they offer whats already in game at an EXTRA price. Its just like EA to do something like this... :rolleyes:

CPOne
01-22-2009, 10:06 AM
Instead of devising an actual DLC that is something new they offer whats already in game at an EXTRA price. Its just like EA to do something like this... :rolleyes:

i still dont see the big deal

i mean personally i really wasnt expecting any new DLC on day 1 anyway

businesses that want to make money isnt an entirely new nor strange concept... and although im certainly no big EA fan, i dont see how this is them doing anything wrong or bad

people want to pay for something that is already in the game? that is their choice, a foolish choice imo, but thats on them

new DLC obviously is going to take time and money to create... and if taking advantage of lazy people that buy the above content manages to fund the development of new DLC down the line... i say good for EA, get that $ and use it to develop new DLC that i will gladly pay for

SonicKaos
01-22-2009, 03:59 PM
I'm with him.

They've done this for their NFS games already anyway, so I'm guessing it works. Some people just don't have time or are too stupid to realise you can get it all free anyway... to the latter, I don't feel bad for stupid people, so if it funds EA so they can keep making Skate related stuff, It's all good by me.

Mac
01-22-2009, 10:06 PM
What the fuck, why would they put something out like this? This completely destroys the purpose of playing through the game.
If you want all skaters and locations, you oughta play the fucking game.

Piss Peddler
01-22-2009, 10:32 PM

The big deal is that only 5 years ago this would have been a code that you enter in the game for free, and all you would have to do is go to cheatcc.com and search for ur game. Game developers are abusing dlc; DLC should be an after thought to complement a game after its successful release not something the developer has in mind before the game even comes out. (ie the new gears mappack)

jest118
01-23-2009, 09:15 AM
People need to keep a couple things in mind.

Yes DLC is a way to squeeze more money out of a title. This has been the reasoning behind DLC from day one. Most companies could careless if you keep playing 1 particular game. In fact.. to the contrary they want you to tire of it eventually so you can buy the next game.

DLC just allows them to get a few extra bucks out of a game that's already finished. Oh... and most studio design DLC parallel to the main game. Hence DLC leaks like the recent XBL leak of Midnight Club: LA car additions/area addition.

However this isn't a horribly negative thing. Each bit of DLC that gets released ensures that someone is still looking at the performance of the game even after release (as DLC could cause any number of problems if there's a mistake in the code... just like a full game release).

So Publishers can't just release and ignore games like they're accustomed to doing. They'll have to start understanding how to troubleshoot effectively and actually fix problems with their games (like what the PC community has experienced for years).

Darkslide
01-23-2009, 09:27 AM
People need to keep a couple things in mind.

Yes DLC is a way to squeeze more money out of a title. This has been the reasoning behind DLC from day one. Most companies could careless if you keep playing 1 particular game. In fact.. to the contrary they want you to tire of it eventually so you can buy the next game.

DLC just allows them to get a few extra bucks out of a game that's already finished. Oh... and most studio design DLC parallel to the main game. Hence DLC leaks like the recent XBL leak of Midnight Club: LA car additions/area addition.

However this isn't a horribly negative thing. Each bit of DLC that gets released ensures that someone is still looking at the performance of the game even after release (as DLC could cause any number of problems if there's a mistake in the code... just like a full game release).

So Publishers can't just release and ignore games like they're accustomed to doing. They'll have to start understanding how to troubleshoot effectively and actually fix problems with their games (like what the PC community has experienced for years).

From one aspect that makes sense. They MAY catch something, but if something was wrong with the game, I would hope it wouldn't take the developers adding things to the game to find out. Something small that is easily missed or rare sure.

And I'm not sure, but I think you're confusing patches with DLC. Which are totally different.

jest118
01-23-2009, 11:27 AM
From one aspect that makes sense. They MAY catch something, but if something was wrong with the game, I would hope it wouldn't take the developers adding things to the game to find out. Something small that is easily missed or rare sure.

And I'm not sure, but I think you're confusing patches with DLC. Which are totally different.

No, I'm talking DLC. Patches are to fix problems and don't necessarily yield any new content. DLC is basically additional code, that adds some new feature. Whether it be a new game mode, a new costume, or entire levels. Just like any game code, if there's a flaw anywhere... it can cause errors. Some errors are negligible and others can literally break the game. So with DLC... every time it's released... the releasing company has to watch carefully to see if there's any such errors.

I mean.. they test ahead of time but there's no real way to test for every occurance.

Piss Peddler
01-23-2009, 11:48 AM
No, I'm talking DLC. Patches are to fix problems and don't necessarily yield any new content. DLC is basically additional code, that adds some new feature. Whether it be a new game mode, a new costume, or entire levels. Just like any game code, if there's a flaw anywhere... it can cause errors. Some errors are negligible and others can literally break the game. So with DLC... every time it's released... the releasing company has to watch carefully to see if there's any such errors.

I mean.. they test ahead of time but there's no real way to test for every occurance.

Burnout paradise has been doing crazy stuff with patches. (Yes theres DLC too but they've added alot with patches) Gears 1 patched in annex. I think TF2 on PC has patched new characters and maps. Really the only difference is whether your paying for it or not.

When adding dlc its not as tough a process as you would think most of the time. For Gears or any game using Unreal Engine 3 most of the code is done on the engines side; the developers are basically playing with a map creator like u see in Far Cry 2 and the Engine will compile the code for them.

jest118
01-23-2009, 12:25 PM
Burnout paradise has been doing crazy stuff with patches. (Yes theres DLC too but they've added alot with patches) Gears 1 patched in annex. I think TF2 on PC has patched new characters and maps. Really the only difference is whether your paying for it or not.

When adding dlc its not as tough a process as you would think most of the time. For Gears or any game using Unreal Engine 3 most of the code is done on the engines side; the developers are basically playing with a map creator like u see in Far Cry 2 and the Engine will compile the code for them.

Well... two things really. The term DLC is pretty much a console only term. In the PC Market whether it's a fix or an addition of content, it's always been referred to as a Patch. This includes user created content. So.. when I was talking about DLC v. Patch, I was referring specifically to consoles in that sense.

The other thing is... the portion of the statement that you emboldened specifically states that Patches don't always bring content (meaning sometimes they do). So yes, I'm aware that occasionally a Patch brings content... but clarifying it any more than I did would have only led to more confusion.

EmmitBrown
01-23-2009, 12:59 PM
this is silly. carrer mode makes you "tony hawk" around all the time. why not offer people the option to explore on their own without having specific "challenges" to do....i think this is aimed at the community, not as an insult, but just an option.

but yes, it SHOULD be free (truthfully it almost is), but we're going to be seeing less and less "codes" and "cheats" in games to unlock big stuff. the contra code days were fun while they lasted.

Piss Peddler
01-23-2009, 04:02 PM
Well... two things really. The term DLC is pretty much a console only term. In the PC Market whether it's a fix or an addition of content, it's always been referred to as a Patch. This includes user created content. So.. when I was talking about DLC v. Patch, I was referring specifically to consoles in that sense.

The other thing is... the portion of the statement that you emboldened specifically states that Patches don't always bring content (meaning sometimes they do). So yes, I'm aware that occasionally a Patch brings content... but clarifying it any more than I did would have only led to more confusion.

I beg to differ on that point. User created content is usually called mods, bug fixes are patches, and new official content will be dlc or episodes.

The fact that i was trying to make is that it is possible to patch things that developers make dlc. Especially on PS3 which has no limit that i know of; of how big the file size of a patch can be. Developers/Publishers would just rather charge the shit out of the consumers who they just squeezed $60 out of. In my opinion Burnout Paradise and maybe Rock Band are the only 2 games that are using DLC properly.

paddyboy
01-24-2009, 04:43 AM
Where's the sense of achievement in buying all the unlockables?

Don't people play games for the rewards any more?

EmmitBrown
01-24-2009, 05:11 AM
that's the point...the sick world and skating are the rewards, finally gettin a perfect line...or a banger that took you many hours over weeks. not the unlockables like being able to skate with atiba....are you serious?

did you stop playing the first skate when the story was over? no....why didn't you stop if there was nothing more to be gained from the game?

either you get it or you don't.

ske
01-24-2009, 05:17 AM
I play the game to shoot videos and freeskate, and to be honest ~$4 isn't exactly gonna break my bank account.

Career is ridiculous anyway, I played it for a while finishing the street and tranny contests and photo/film sessions.. but it's just annoying when you have to play it like THPS to beat the scores.

I welcome stuff like this with open arms, now if they could fix skatereel quality and put a single vert ramp in the game I'd be happy.

EmmitBrown
01-24-2009, 06:34 AM
exactly....i'd even pay 4$ just to not have to do the stupid jake brown challenge.

i swear i actually hate him in real life now because his in game character is so inbred retarded that he doesn't know how to get out of my fucking way in the vert ramp.....after he ran into me for the umpteenth time (not to mention the controls for handplanting anything outside of the vert ramp, i.e. catwalk, are so fucked it makes the challenge damn near impossible anyway), i had to turn the ps3 off and go break stuff outside.

i love this game, but some of the challenges are just retarded and annoying as shit.

TELL me i can do stuff (like handplanting above vert), but if it doesn't control right don't MAKE me do it as an objective.

it's like having a hippy FLIP or glitch as an objective, just an excercise in frustration

DyslexicGecko
01-25-2009, 12:01 PM
When I saw that DLC, my first thought was "...The f*ck?!".

I mean, I know EA are money-hungry, but this really doesn't help.

SkateRoadkill
01-26-2009, 02:19 PM
Well, i personally didnt buy it cause i want to experience the career as well.. but i know a few people who really only play the game for the filmin experience and stuff and i can completely understand that.. its just an option for people who want to skip career, altho i do agree that asking money for it is not exactly right here, but i hope that the people that pay for the DLC now cause more DLC :)

manji1
01-27-2009, 02:26 AM
Typical EA. Next they will charge MS points for in game cash so people can get that clock necklace they've been eyeing.

alphabet
01-27-2009, 05:13 AM
I'm yet to see someone come up with a reasonable argument that try's to justify this as a bad thing...

pawnluvguitarist
03-07-2009, 08:52 AM
I bought it right away...

Yeah it should be free, like in the old days, just type in a code...

But for me, I can justify spending $5 to bypass the career. Why torture yourself? Does anyone actually enjoy doing career/own the spot ect?

I was happy going right to filming :)

Chinnny
03-07-2009, 09:46 AM
Does anyone actually enjoy doing career/own the spot ect?

Yes, the majority of people who buy the game do.

DaaGooN
03-11-2009, 08:38 PM
i had to buy it because i got the thrasher glitch, so i just couldnt finish the game :(

so i deleted and started again, so its the only time id say its worth it really.

Mourning Becomes Electra
03-12-2009, 05:14 AM
Thrasher glitch?

I had to reformat my HDD and lost all save data from OG and Skate 2, will I buy this DLC, will I fuck!

Roccityroller
03-12-2009, 06:43 AM
thrasher glitch is a weird glitch on some copies of S2 that prevents one of the thrasher challenges from showing up, thus, not allowing the player to finish the thrasher career path.

Mourning Becomes Electra
03-12-2009, 07:21 PM
Ah, cheers Roccityroller, never heard of this. What a shite glitch, eh.

Scamkid
03-20-2009, 12:51 PM
Really, just let the retarded kids have their fun with the time is money pack, so we can laugh when they make a video full of 540 kickflips and frontflips from the dam.

pawnluvguitarist
04-24-2009, 02:34 AM
Really, just let the retarded kids have their fun with the time is money pack, so we can laugh when they make a video full of 540 kickflips and frontflips from the dam.

why would you think people that want to bypass the career would skate unrealistically, I'd think its the other way around...