PDA

View Full Version : Skate servers are dead. :(

ACleanSpy
12-06-2011, 04:45 AM
Whatbra just posted a link to an email saying that the skate servers will be permanently down due to small activity.

It's fucking over... I can't believe it.. I thought it was to just weed out the casuals.. God dam this.
The skate community you guys are the best, always dishing out reels to drool over, graphics to endlessly alternate through, and those skateparks that would always keep us dreaming and dreaming shredding more and more.

I can't believe it'll all just be a brilliant dying memory...

I know it's sappy but I fucking loved this community and game.

it's over..
-Acleanspy

unplannedman
12-06-2011, 05:00 AM
bullshit, there's so much fucking activity on the reel

SK8ERatWAR
12-06-2011, 07:25 AM
yeah bullshit, there are still many vids uploaded every day

pawnluvguitarist
12-06-2011, 09:05 AM
We all knew this day would come
4 years, 3 amazing games
I have no grudge against EA, just grateful for what we got, which was far more than I would have ever expected

I wouldn't call this the end, more of a turning point. A seperation of the casual from the hardcore gamer, thinning of the herd, quality over quantity from here on out and Cap card sales through the roof

Antwan
12-06-2011, 09:24 AM
Man it's not even the reel that will bum me.. We can't even play online?
I played online religiously with friends.. fuck.. uh.. tony hawk? It won't be the same
I feel like OG servers were up longer than skate 3 is that wrong?

Seriously.. Hosting a server can't be that much money.. I would deal with a shitty ass connection rather than to have nothing..
Online was a serious part of this experience for me.

Deacon
12-06-2011, 09:32 AM
My only thought is that the so call customer service desk are useless, whenever I have raised an issue they always confuse skate 3 with OG skate. Are we 100% certain they are referring to skate 3?

Generally they only shut down servers when games have died out and they usually announce it long before.

To say not enough usage is rubbish, considering the amountpeople still upload clips, graphics and parks etc. Until EA announce it properly, I'm sceptical. tbh.

Antwan
12-06-2011, 09:36 AM
Well someone test the theory..
See if you can play online.

thesignguy
12-06-2011, 10:11 AM
My only thought is that the so call customer service desk are useless, whenever I have raised an issue they always confuse skate 3 with OG skate. Are we 100% certain they are referring to skate 3?

Generally they only shut down servers when games have died out and they usually announce it long before.

To say not enough usage is rubbish, considering the amountpeople still upload clips, graphics and parks etc. Until EA announce it properly, I'm sceptical. tbh.

this
not that it really matters to me i dont really plan on using any of the services anymore
if i make a park it would be cool if others could use it

TMG D3V1L
12-06-2011, 10:34 AM
Oh hell no..........this is bs.......thnx ea

NotedDerk
12-06-2011, 11:18 AM
Better put that hd pvr on your guy's christmas lists, I would ask for one, but I know it's out of my family's budget so i'll just stick to uploading to youtube.

Skate will never die.

Roke
12-06-2011, 11:33 AM
EA raped us and left us to die :l

AlexMCS182
12-06-2011, 11:44 AM
They said that they would told us one month before they close anything, what the hell is that ??? I paid for that shit man fuck them !

Antwan
12-06-2011, 11:47 AM
Well I feel like we shouldn't jump to conclusions..
We've done this so many times haha and skate 3 kept going soon after.
If skate does die soon, maybe I'll take my gaming another route..
I have a clan and we are pretty badass at call of duty.. maybe I'll try MLG or something..
Focus completely on FPS..

i am a snail
12-06-2011, 11:58 AM
i saw the thread on ea.

here's a possibility.

the emailer didnt specify which skate game, in which case tech support could have very well been talking about the OG servers due to a misunderstanding, which may very likely have been the case, since nothing was specified in the email, either, plus they never gave use thirty days notice.

briden
12-06-2011, 01:40 PM
Uploading still works, online gameplay still works

madsser
12-06-2011, 02:03 PM
Uploading still works, online gameplay still works

Also, AIDS still works

Roccityroller
12-06-2011, 03:06 PM
My PVR still works.

Just sayin'

Duundermifflin
12-06-2011, 09:33 PM
Never!

replicant
12-06-2011, 09:55 PM
Having a Cap Card to record EA Skate videos doesn't mean you're more hardcore or better than someone else.
It also does not denote quality in your contributions. The only thing that card means is that you have more expendable cash.

jerr bear
12-07-2011, 01:11 AM
Having a Cap Card to record EA Skate videos doesn't mean you're more hardcore or better than someone else.
It also does not denote quality in your contributions. The only thing that card means is that you have more expendable cash.

Or have less of a life :)

I bet I have more money than most capcard users here :)

Slamooh
12-07-2011, 01:16 AM
We all knew this day would come
4 years, 3 amazing games
I have no grudge against EA, just grateful for what we got, which was far more than I would have ever expected

I wouldn't call this the end, more of a turning point. A seperation of the casual from the hardcore gamer, thinning of the herd, quality over quantity from here on out and Cap card sales through the roof

lol
bullshit
there's absolutely no correlation between owning a cap card and quality :B
i respect you half full glass point of view but i find it really naive.

pawnluvguitarist
12-07-2011, 03:17 AM
I wouldn't say absolutely no correlation, and I didn't mean to imply that having a cap card improves quality or that not having one makes you less of a Skate fan. My point was more about the odds. When the servers die, all things being equal, sure money plays a factor, but there's cheap cap cards and other ways to cap too like how SGs doin. My main point is just that a hardcore skate fan would be more likely to go out of their way to find a way to film than a casual player, and that in itself would at least produce a slightly higher percentage of quality vids.

lol
bullshit
there's absolutely no correlation between owning a cap card and quality :B
i respect you half full glass point of view but i find it really naive.

bohemian
12-07-2011, 04:13 AM
please stop using the term cap card..

jerr bear
12-07-2011, 04:23 AM
Usually the hardcore skate fans suck LOL

Ladd279
12-07-2011, 04:44 AM
It's the og servers not 3. Here's list of inactive games http://www.ea.com/1/service-updates
The servers are up and working the webstite is down

mamba12
12-07-2011, 05:00 AM
well, we can all look forward to another tony hawk game

http://kotaku.com/5865776/hope-youre-ready-for-a-new-tony-hawk-game

Antwan
12-07-2011, 05:43 AM
Well I have to say I'm sick of all this toss around work not work shit..
I'm going to have a cap card sent to my house.. Honestly if I'm going to occupy certain days to filming on a skate game
I don't want the hassle of being worried about what works and doesn't.. I don't think any of us deserve it but that's life.
EA is a Monopoly. No profits, no Game..

I do think the article about the new tony hawk is interesting though, "Activison thinks they can afford it"
Skate 4. BlackBox Activision.. it's just a logo of a company supporting the cause.. shit.
I've never played any tony hawk online other than project 8.. and that was still pretty decent.
Shit, Activison guys might even introduce new game modes for skate..
Just thinking here, not that it's going to happen or the least bit accurate.

Slamooh
12-07-2011, 06:09 AM
I wouldn't say absolutely no correlation, and I didn't mean to imply that having a cap card improves quality or that not having one makes you less of a Skate fan. My point was more about the odds. When the servers die, all things being equal, sure money plays a factor, but there's cheap cap cards and other ways to cap too like how SGs doin. My main point is just that a hardcore skate fan would be more likely to go out of their way to find a way to film than a casual player, and that in itself would at least produce a slightly higher percentage of quality vids.

quality has more something to do with how hard you work on something, how perfectionist you are, how creative you are. Imo it has nothing to do with being a so called hardcore skate fan (ie a guy playing this game all the time).

thesignguy
12-07-2011, 07:23 AM
Slam I think that is almost exactly what Pawn is saying. Your just using different words. It isn't a straight across the board answer, but for the most part someone that isn't really that into it and doesn't get a lot of replies and isn't breaking new ground is less likely to spend the time and money needed to continue.

It works both ways though, if you put OG in the video right now for some reason peeps put there blinders on. I saw a OG video that was horrible, would of got blasted from switch, adopted, colic, in the old days but had plenty mostly positive reviews.

This thread is a farce and getting completely off topic IMO

madsser
12-07-2011, 07:31 AM
So we all agree? Fuck ea?!

Ohmidineffect
12-07-2011, 08:06 AM
I mean we can still skate online so we're doing good. And they haven't fucked the servers just the site. Find a friend with a cap card or buy a ps3 off of someone for cheap and upload to youtube. Sucks major dicks but hey it could be worse.

Antwan
12-07-2011, 09:02 AM
We've pretty much concluded that skate 3 is still active, skate 2?
I'm not sure.. looked good when I left a month ago.. I hear friends are still playing so..

I honestly didn't expect Skate 3 to last very long.. but soon after release, what was it a year after
Skate 3 came out EA announced no support.. that's a pretty big thing.. not to hold grudges but
Most games lose support after many years.. some 2001 sports games were just let off of the grid.. it's crazy right?
Skate 1 TOPS tony hawk.. Skate 2 must have done ok because skate 3 was soon announced under development..
And then EA Just says no? Does anyone have that article maybe I missed something.. just doesn't sit right with me.

agusbmxarg
12-07-2011, 10:38 AM
S2's reel isn't working. Idk about online playing rooms.

madsser
12-07-2011, 10:42 AM
I was able to upload s2 shit a couple of days ago. Think it was sunday.

agusbmxarg
12-07-2011, 11:11 AM
I was able to upload s2 shit a couple of days ago. Think it was sunday.

But can you enter you skatereel.ea.com profile and download them?

i am a snail
12-07-2011, 12:18 PM
last i was aware skate 2 online functions still worked just fine for me

Roccityroller
12-07-2011, 05:43 PM
Or have less of a life :)

I bet I have more money than most capcard users here :)

I bet my annual salary that you can't call my bet.

back to dutchland silly goose.

thesignguy
12-07-2011, 06:35 PM
I bet I have more debt than anyone. Does that mean anything?

Roccityroller
12-07-2011, 08:24 PM
i bet i could challenge that challenge.

Roke
12-07-2011, 09:55 PM
Debt is so overrated (see America for more details).

Go Spurs?

Deacon
12-08-2011, 04:07 AM
Whether the website comes back or not If you have the cash want to keep making vids time to invest in a cap card. Either a cheap easycap or dazzle, for HD business get a PVR or Black Magic.

Previously I've hated using them for skate (button thing in the bottom left, OCD etc) however it getting tiresome now as to whether or not I can upload clips, so I'm startig to love my PVR now. Well worth the money if you are into gaming in general IMO.

I appreciate the latter of my suggesitons cost a little bit more (£150) and I am fully aware not everyone is in full time eployment and some probably still at school. though for the youngsters xmas is only a couple of weeks away why not ask Santa for it?

:)

@ Roke - Spurs - San Antonio or Tottenham?

Roke
12-08-2011, 04:10 AM
Both ;)

Deacon
12-08-2011, 04:27 AM
Both ;)

lol. Fair play.

mamba12
12-08-2011, 04:42 AM
Coys

MarcoPoloUSN
12-08-2011, 07:01 AM
http://www.amazon.com/Hauppauge-1212-Definition-Personal-Recorder/dp/B0018LX0DY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323257807&sr=8-1

Slamooh
12-08-2011, 07:56 AM
cheap capture card is kinda pointless... filming is about how good it looks. How good does a pixels porridge look ?
very expensive card is kinda pointless... 200 € ? for ea skate filming only ? seriously ? i hope your videos are good and you can make money with them.

PS : trolling, trying to get the best of you 8)

Deacon
12-08-2011, 08:33 AM
PVR doesn't just have to be for skate videos only. I use it for all games, plus you can plug your sky/cable box into and record stuff off the tele (kinda like sky plus but mean I have it on my laptop not just on my sky box).

In the grand scheme of things $170 isn't that much really if you think about it.

agusbmxarg
12-08-2011, 09:19 AM
very expensive card is kinda pointless... 200 € ? for ea skate filming only ? seriously ? i hope your videos are good and you can make money with them.

What's wrong with spending money in something you like?

punkinate
12-08-2011, 01:15 PM
Just asked the fiance to get me a cap card for dead guy on a stick day. I might not be as active lately, but editing this stupid skate shit is one of the best hobbies I have. Fuck EA, shit don't quit lmfao.

oKwiider
12-08-2011, 02:33 PM
i feel bad for all the people just buying this game..

Roccityroller
12-08-2011, 04:07 PM

i wish... but i save money by stealing from netflix...

i mean!

stealing from cable...

I mean!

no. no. I meant both of those.

Demzilla
12-08-2011, 06:54 PM
i bout a cap card for 100dollars.
it doesnt suck..
it isnt great...
it works....
and ive used it since s1...

fuck servers...