PDA

View Full Version : New tony hawk...

Ladd279
12-07-2011, 06:41 PM
Gonna be revealed Saturday!!

http://www.gamerlive.tv/article/new-tony-hawk-game-works

PoppySquidJr
12-07-2011, 08:00 PM
Oh dear god. I just want them to remake THPS 1-4 on HD on XBLA, then I want them to quit. forever.

unplannedman
12-07-2011, 08:03 PM
He only needs to announce one of these two things:

THAW on PSN Store and XBLA

or

A new Birdhouse video

thesignguy
12-07-2011, 08:20 PM
If it's game related it is in the extremely early stages
Activision def has interests in the flickit type system. It would have staying power with Tony and his connections if it is good. But it could very well be birdhouse related.

EternalRewind
12-07-2011, 08:43 PM
hopefully the game is as good or better then Proving Ground.

MarcoPoloUSN
12-07-2011, 08:51 PM
I hope they are smart enough to even consider what ea brought to the table. I didn't read anything particularly about the flickit system in that article. I hope Tony has got a sense of the new generation of games.

MF JORDAN
12-07-2011, 09:11 PM
If it's game related it is in the extremely early stages
Activision def has interests in the flickit type system. It would have staying power with Tony and his connections if it is good. But it could very well be birdhouse related.

what i'm saying

Monk
12-07-2011, 10:43 PM
SKATE 4!!!! tony bought them fuckers out ( crosses fingers) THPS with flickit controls will be great minus the arcade bs.....

Slamooh
12-08-2011, 02:59 AM
it's pointless if it doesnt have flickit

NotedDerk
12-08-2011, 04:29 AM
A remix would be amazing, something i've wanted from the series to happen for a long time, the closest thing to it is when they released Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2x.

Now add every level from every ps1-ps2 tony hawk game with improved graphics, same gameplay, and i'll be stoked.

unplannedman
12-08-2011, 05:14 AM
The sad part about a new game is that the soundtrack will never match the greatness of THAW's

Roke
12-08-2011, 05:27 AM
Think ya confused nostalgia with greatness. Let the game come out then compare ;).

Deacon
12-08-2011, 06:19 AM
Slamooh said it best. Without flickit i'm not interested.

The beauty of flick it for me is he pure level of control. I played THPG the other day and while the sim mode is good, the tricks looked so forced and generic.

It will be interesting to see if they go for a sim type game or smash out another arcade title.

I really dislike the idea of levels too. The open city is such a huge plus (well it was in s1 and s2) the 3 areas from skate 3 make mad!

saunders420
12-08-2011, 09:14 AM
thps 1-4 plus Underground. Flickit controls and proving ground slomo tricks. it would still works cause the L3 R3 buttons dont do anything. Dreamminggg.

bengrover
12-08-2011, 09:23 AM
Realistic (in look and play) and video editor http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSTZj9vtuyi1ZLk9nTO-InDn8kpe7viMjI-oxtJAk4jDOuXM9inbTm3g

We can hope.

madsser
12-08-2011, 10:09 AM
More hot dudes and dicks

Ladd279
12-08-2011, 07:48 PM
More hot dudes and dicks

Tony is obvilously gonna make him the hottest lol flick control would be so sick and yeah I'm dying for some remakes

Antwan
12-08-2011, 08:04 PM
I'm kinda interested in what's up..
I would probably play a Project 9 or American Wasteland 5.

replicant
12-08-2011, 10:45 PM
Give it my instructions for a Skate Remix from the EA site and make it about Legends (Bones Brigade, etc) and New Breeds (Nyjah, Chaz, etc).

Seanne1986
12-09-2011, 03:50 PM
it's pointless if it doesnt have flickit

Tru dat

madsser
12-09-2011, 04:31 PM
Well. The flickit controls are trademarked to EA. So that's it....

pawnluvguitarist
12-10-2011, 05:09 PM
http://www.spike.com/events/video-game-awards-2011/world-premiere-trailers/uy9irf

NotedDerk
12-10-2011, 05:13 PM
oh fuck, please be more then just remakes of the first game's levels.

pawnluvguitarist
12-10-2011, 05:15 PM
if they have another sim mode, and they fix the pushing, could be fun

m.seven
12-10-2011, 05:16 PM
that was dissappointing

thesignguy
12-10-2011, 05:20 PM
Doesn't seem to want to load on my iPhone
Is it a video or screenshots?

andreas
12-10-2011, 05:20 PM
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhq3mkqs8i1qhgebso1_500.gif

NotedDerk
12-10-2011, 05:29 PM
how any of you who were fans of the series can not be stoked for this is beyond me, severe case of nostalgia and excitement.
It's not ea's skate, don't expect it to be or turn into it.

Antwan
12-10-2011, 05:32 PM
I was a tony hawk pro skater fan.. I think I'm kinda past it..
Honestly not that excited.. to my own surprise.

mamba12
12-10-2011, 06:02 PM
if i wanted nostalgia, it wouldn't be in HD.

my dreamcast still works

EternalRewind
12-10-2011, 06:04 PM
a HD remix..Fuck that

Huge disappointment

Ladd279
12-10-2011, 06:18 PM
how any of you who were fans of the series can not be stoked for this is beyond me, severe case of nostalgia and excitement.

I'm honestly pretty stoked on it. I grow up playing this game and pawn is right they've done sim mode before even replay editors and uploading. I'm def gonna but it when it comes out. Besides it's one trailer with a line, you never know what they have planned or decide to change. Hardcore mode maybe? You can do that line any of the skates on easy

Ladd279
12-10-2011, 06:31 PM
http://www.1up.com/news/tony-hawk-pro-skater-hd-first-two-games

http://videogamewriters.com/tony-hawk-pro-skater-hd-to-bring-the-series-back-to-its-roots-31933

http://gamerant.com/spike-vgas-2011-tony-hawk-pro-skater-hd-announced-xbla-psn-dyce-120603/

Mage505
12-10-2011, 07:00 PM
Wait, their is no more board?! Yes! I missed the games since the board was so expensive. Plus I didn't want them.

MarcoPoloUSN
12-10-2011, 10:21 PM
a HD remix..Fuck that

Huge disappointment

^
Who really wants to go back to that "flip in flip out" bullshit? Did anyone see that combo?
Video games were video games before technology exceeded.
Now I want a simulation.

bengrover
12-11-2011, 04:54 AM
Kinda stoked to go back to the pro skater era, hopefully with some old some new locations.

What's holding the excitement back a little is when I played the THPS series I was a kid, and way before I got into rl skating and watching it on TV etc. So I rather enjoyed the massive manny combos and the crazy challenges. But now I'm not so sure I'm gonna enjoy the button mashing, backflipping, million point combos to progress through the game.

Definitely will be great at first to the fans of the original series, but after a while, I'm not sure how much longer the interest would last.

Then again, all I've seen is a trailer. Controls may be completely changed, and we might have the ability to slow it down, realistically skate, and maybe even film some stuff. Who knows.

replicant
12-11-2011, 05:05 AM
It's going to be a download game for under $20 on Xbox Live Arcade and Playstation Store. They are not trying to reinvent the wheel here, but merely gauge interest for future games. After the failures of the past few THPS titles they are very gun shy now.

THPS 1 & 2 are still my favorites (with an honorable mention for THUG) and I look forward to this as a cheap diversion game. I hope for my $15-$20 that I at least get the original Sim Mode though. Bullet Time might be included as well if the video is any hint.

Mage505
12-11-2011, 05:31 AM
I'm so confused!

Is it a THPS HD game or a completely new game?

Deacon
12-11-2011, 08:14 AM
Ok. I loved THPS 1-4 for the crazy combos and the fact it was my first experience with behind the skater 3d world game (remember BAD'n'Rad sede scroller on the Game Boy?)! However since playing skate simulation is way more fun. It will be fun to replay some of the old levels, but I think they have missed a trick by not making a new game that caters to arcade and simulation fans alike.

Proving ground had the sim mode, but the awful animaiton and control system ruined it a little. Plus the replay editor had a couple of good functions but still wasn't great.

I'll still be buying this though, just for fun of it.

Roke
12-11-2011, 08:25 AM
Tony Hawk hastening the end of the world in 2012.

God help us..

Ayreon
12-11-2011, 08:32 AM
I keep saying now that EA has more or less abandoned the skate series it makes perfect sense for another franchise, most likely tony hawk, to come out with a new game with fluck it controls and steal the fanbase. Skate series probably got a bit lazy over the years because they had no competition. Im sure NONE of us have skate loyalty, or more importantly, EA loyalty so if another series could provide us with the realistic skateboarding experience with the ability to upload replays....peace the fuck out EA. lick my balls.

but this one is clearly arcade. i guess its for the die hard tony hawk fans.

Well. The flickit controls are trademarked to EA. So that's it....

i think all they have to do is come up with the exact same thing but using a their own engine and call it something else. i dont think you can trademark a way to play a game. thats bullshit. but they can trademark the actual technology used to read the motion of the joysticks. other companies will just have to make their own engine from stratch.

replicant
12-11-2011, 08:53 AM
I'm so confused!

Is it a THPS HD game or a completely new game?
It's a remix of sorts using levels from THPS 1 & 2 in HD.
From the video it looks like a new graphic engine.
It is also a budget title and digital title so it will be download only and cost under $20.

Ladd279
12-11-2011, 08:57 AM
Yeah i think ayreons right about it isn't copyright if it's own engine. I've seen so many guitar hero look like companies other than rock band.

mrkd. matt
12-11-2011, 09:06 AM
Even if the flickit system is patented Tony Hawk just has to work out a contract and payment with EA to use it.

bengrover
12-11-2011, 09:12 AM
If they were smart, they would take note of the Skate series ending and take a year or two to re invent the whole system, look, feel, everything and then release a whole new look Tony Hawk. Being the only major skating game on the market, they have the whole market to them self.

Seems dumb to not jump on that opportunity.

Ayreon
12-11-2011, 09:42 AM
NO FUCKING DOUBT /\

its Tony's chance to reclaim the skating video game crown.

Antwan
12-11-2011, 10:34 AM
i think all they have to do is come up with the exact same thing but using a their own engine and call it something else. i dont think you can trademark a way to play a game. thats bullshit. but they can trademark the actual technology used to read the motion of the joysticks. other companies will just have to make their own engine from stratch.

Some teams just can't do it right I mean look at shaun white's skateboarding..
360 hardflip is like spelling your name with the joystick..

and for visuals I'd so prefer something prerendered over something over thought and ruined by saturated stories.

Ayreon
12-11-2011, 11:08 AM
Some teams just can't do it right I mean look at shaun white's skateboarding..
360 hardflip is like spelling your name with the joystick..

Well that just means they have a lot of work to do to make it right. making a good video game shouldnt be easy.

MarcoPoloUSN
12-11-2011, 11:34 AM
oh fuck, please be more then just remakes of the first game's levels.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-cgDWT93e1gU/TuUFazYaUzI/AAAAAAAAALo/hqdeNod4Ixw/s316/yes.jpg
http://kotaku.com/5866952/tony-hawks-new-game-is-tony-hawk-hd

saunders420
12-11-2011, 01:32 PM
No park creator and it will be a huge let down.

NotedDerk
12-11-2011, 01:37 PM
I thought it was going to be some big game as well, not just simply an arcade game, but oh well.
I'm still excited, just not nearly as much, i'm asking for a ton of microsoft points for christmas.

saunders420
12-11-2011, 02:45 PM
so fuckin disappointed I can't write in Caps to ream on this game.

MarcoPoloUSN
12-11-2011, 02:50 PM
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-WYHT1HeReyc/TuUzkwbVq2I/AAAAAAAAAL4/oJtKLwdYRiM/s622/as.jpg
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/12/10/tony-hawk-pro-skater-hd-announce/

agusbmxarg
12-11-2011, 04:40 PM
its Tony's chance to reclaim the skating video game crown.

Don't get me wrong, I love THPS, had so much fun with them during my childhood, but...
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/18/Thrasher_-_Skate_and_Destroy_Coverart.jpg/256px-Thrasher_-_Skate_and_Destroy_Coverart.jpg

Now, being on topic, I totally agree with bengrover too, but that's something that I we all know it's hardly going to happen.
Another down about this game is that, I bet they'll release the best maps later with DLCs....

bengrover
12-12-2011, 03:40 AM
Not holding out much hope for this one now. Seeing as its a download only, and they have only just announced it and as early as first half of 2012 release.

Hopefully just something to note the Hawk is still doing games, before BLAM, he hits us with the greatest skateboarding game ever. Doubtful.

Slamooh
12-12-2011, 04:50 AM
i was a th fan when it kinda was the only option. I am sure i don't want to smash buttons anymore. Nostalgia ? just need to plug my playstation 1 and play...HD remakes are weak and still the best way to steal your money.
What is beyond me is how people playing easkate can be stoked after watching this terrible trailer ?

NotedDerk
12-12-2011, 05:02 AM
I think 3D wins the category of best way to steal people's money, ha.
You can hate the whole idea of this if you want, doesn't bother me.
I just love skateboarding, whether it's arcade or a simulation, and i'll be practically excited for anything new.

Roke
12-12-2011, 05:19 AM
i was a th fan when it kinda was the only option. I am sure i don't want to smash buttons anymore.

What is beyond me is how people playing easkate can be stoked after watching this trailer ?

^ this

Seanne1986
12-12-2011, 08:43 AM
After watching that trailer... I R not impressed.

madsser
12-13-2011, 12:21 AM
http://youtu.be/SPBZX0VDoZ4?t=3m24s

NotedDerk
12-13-2011, 12:38 AM
Why do people keep calling the level the hanger?

it's the damn warehouse, even though the hanger is similar to the warehouse.

jerr bear
12-13-2011, 02:52 AM
I'm totally gonna buy it looks sick

If you want a simulation, go skate :)

Antwan
12-13-2011, 03:12 AM
I'm pretty sure it is the hangar dude.. I can see glass.
Warehouse was blocked off by a brick wall.

EternalRewind
12-13-2011, 03:18 AM
Its the warehouse dude

jerr bear
12-13-2011, 03:34 AM
If they were smart, they would take note of the Skate series ending and take a year or two to re invent the whole system, look, feel, everything and then release a whole new look Tony Hawk. Being the only major skating game on the market, they have the whole market to them self.

Seems dumb to not jump on that opportunity.

Hey fuck you I want the old skool Tony Hawk sonnnnnnnnn

I wanna find that fucking secret tapee

jerr bear
12-13-2011, 03:39 AM
Remember carlsbad on thps2? ???! ?! ? ? !?! ?

!!!!

NotedDerk
12-13-2011, 03:45 AM
Remember carlsbad on thps2? ???! ?! ? ? !?! ?

!!!!

yes, school 2, having to go over that huge wall.
and no antwan, it is the warehouse.

Warehouse;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYzSxhdgqKU

Hanger;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PtzJqjDw1o

Just to try and make it simple for you, do you see the plane next to the halfpipe in the new game's trailer?
cause I don't, I see a rail, like the warehouse, 'cause that's what it is.

If you need further proof,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRk5B3pRh4g

pause the new trailer, at :15 - :16 seconds, before he nosegrinds around the corner,
you'll see two channel gaps from the start of the level, the hanger only has one.

Antwan
12-13-2011, 09:19 AM
It looked like glass at first glance.. Guess it's just a weird wall.

NotedDerk
12-13-2011, 09:32 AM
Never doubt my tony hawk series knowledge!

agusbmxarg
12-13-2011, 09:49 AM
Derk, the THPSHD's trailer map is warehouse from THPS1, not Hanger from THPS2, that's why you don't see a plane and just one channel gap.

NotedDerk
12-13-2011, 09:53 AM
oh my god, I know this agus, I was fixing what antwan thought it was.

knexzor
12-13-2011, 04:52 PM
I'd rather spend an hour trying to get a perfect looking fs hurricane with my flick-it, than to spend an hour trying to get a million points darksliding around the Rio level flipping between guard rails.

WORBBLY
12-13-2011, 05:03 PM
I'd rather spend an hour trying to get a perfect looking fs hurricane with my flick-it, than to spend an hour trying to get a million points darksliding around the Rio level flipping between guard rails.

^^^

pawnluvguitarist
12-13-2011, 07:20 PM

Agreed,

Easy mode in S3 is more fun for arcade stuff than any THPS anyway.

I'm still gonna grab the new game, if for nothing else, just to skate the school, realistically, in hd and hopefully with at least the sim mode we got in Proving Ground.

jerr bear
12-14-2011, 02:14 AM
I find THPS more fun to play with friends than EA skate

agusbmxarg
12-14-2011, 03:16 AM
I find THPS more fun to play with friends than EA skate

I think I could second this; last weekend I took my ps3 to friends and while playing, thought of showing them what I like of this game, filmed a line I was happy with but after 5 min. they're all seeing my like 'wtf?'

oKwiider
12-14-2011, 03:57 PM
I have mixed feelings about this... though the older tony hawk games were the best I wouldn't be surprised if they found a way to fuck it up.. although I can't say I didn't enjoy playing with my cousin... playing skate 3 online got really stale after awhile. i really wanted them to include levels from more than just 2 of the previous games... i do enjoy the level designs.. like in thpg which got boring really fast I would skate around the city realistically and it was actually pretty fun... especially this school /courthouse or whatever in Baltimore I think it was... hella fun.. still gonna get this.. especially if it's gonna be the cheap

RedScharlach
12-15-2011, 01:40 PM
maybe there will be a big twist... like, you're on the moon, and thats why the physics are so fucked, and you're in a massive skatepark complex that happens to be made up of thps1/2 levels

and then like, the next levels would take place on the surface of the moon, and you would ride the moon dunes kinda like one sand-boards, and go down a fullpipe thats a massive missile launcher, and then come out the other side of the moon and do a fakie manual across the giant black monolith, and then get beamed to fucking saturn.

if they did all that, plus throw in a kinda rails shooter mini game where you're longboarding in hyperspace shooting at extradimensional beings, I might play it.

Antwan
12-15-2011, 02:53 PM
The reason I was bummed is because I can play skate 3 like tony hawk or like hardcore low pop
I don't know if I can see myself getting into this one.. We'll see.. I'd like to read and see more on it.
Why doesn't anyone else play easy and hardcore? It's beyond me.. it's crazy fun.

Seanne1986
12-16-2011, 06:00 AM

Couldn't have said it better me self Knex.

replicant
01-21-2012, 09:17 AM
The 7 *CONFIRMED* level for Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater HD: Warehouse, School 2, Mall, Phoenix, Hangar, Marseilles and Venice.
They are all from THPS 1 & 2.

Boxerman08
01-21-2012, 11:17 AM
The 7 *CONFIRMED* level for Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater HD: Warehouse, School 2, Mall, Phoenix, Hangar, Marseilles and Venice.
They are all from THPS 1 & 2.

but those were the best levels from the entire TH series, imo ;) at least for School 2, that shit is my all-time fav level in any TH game

PoppySquidJr
01-21-2012, 02:17 PM
The problem here is that it is confirmed they will not have the same soundtrack and the controls are the new THPS controls/tricks.

At least give us the option to resort to THPS1/THPS2 controls/trick selection.

All this is is basically DLC for the last Tony Hawk game.

I hope they do what they did with Underground, where every individual "new feature" is togglable. E.g. keep reverts on and turn manuals off (No clue why that'd be done but just an example)