PDA

View Full Version : Thrasher skate and destroy

Ayreon
12-18-2011, 09:02 PM
Thrasher skate and destroy 2?

How sick would that be? I was going through the games section on the rockstar games website and it was listed. NEVER knew they made that game.

Imagine how sick it would be if they made another one. R* only puts out amazing games and they are so loyal to their fan base. Not to mention Demzilla told me how good the last one was. Not to mention that their table tennis game used joystick controls. So they have experience with it.

http://live.drjays.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/image001-e1324056837488.jpg

Ive been participating in this contest but I started mentioning the thrasher games in the tweet. ALL OF YOU DO THE SAME!

You never know. Let's show R* that there is a market for this type of game. Lets show them that we want it. Add you replys here and Ill link them. Tell R* how EA is shitting on us with the reel being down.

https://twitter.com/#!/RockstarGames

With this contest going on they will be looking at the twitter account regularly.

Ayreon.

lets talk...

thrasher made you skate a ledge/rail at the right angle so you wouldnt fall over the other side from balance issues.

thrasher utilizes a "catch" type feature in there "hardcore"mode.
(do w.e. you want in the air but you must hit button to prepare for landing)
("hardcore mode" is our equivalent but like skate. you choose weather to use the feature or not.)

in thrasher you can skate "true switch"
(skate. equivalent to useing the gameplay controls backwards while rolling backwards)
(in thrasher you set up a trick by holding down buttons, if you bumbed off something you could roll backwards set up in a more realistic type manner for switch/fakie tricks. ex. nollie heel becomes switch heel. works the same for grinds, grabs, w.e.)

in thrasher you push to control your speed.
(slow, fast, baby push)

notes.
i did not play any tony hawk game after 2, because of thrasher.
i did not purchase another skateboarding game till a week before the ea skate 1 demo.
i played thrasher every single week since the day it came out to the day of the skate 1 demo.
(i cut off my last game probably 20 mins before the demo finished downloading)

if i had a controller i would be playing the game on my pc right now.

watching it gives you no satisfaction of how hard the accomplishment actually is.
i highly suggest you read the wiki controls section.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thrasher:_Skate_and_Destroy
it could blow your mind thinking about what buttons needed to be held or comboed in order to do things.

example.
a backside flip is JUST holding down three buttons and releasing.

but a kickflip backside crook is hold triangle (release) + hold right , l1, x
thats tapping one buttons to holding three buttons after.

at points in the game you could be holding down 5 buttons.
nollie backside 180 heelflip
nollie - l1, 180 - cir, r1 - backside, tri - kickflip, left on dpad - heelflip. (release)

the game is amazing to me still to this day.

Ladd279
12-18-2011, 09:09 PM
it was before tony hawk. first skate game i ever played that was considered actual skating. alot of rl spots in it chased by police, owners, dogs. really fun of course buttons but really realistic!

Mark the Sith
12-18-2011, 09:53 PM
This makes me think of 720 in the arcades, being chased by a swarm of bees. Fuck I'm old.

Ayreon
12-18-2011, 10:47 PM
it was before tony hawk. first skate game i ever played that was considered actual skating. alot of rl spots in it chased by police, owners, dogs. really fun of course buttons but really realistic!

crazy.

Im trying this twitter contest

http://live.drjays.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/image001-e1324056837488.jpg

while im tweeting im mentioning this game. seriously, think of the table tennis game they put out. It used joystick controls.

Demzilla
12-18-2011, 10:54 PM
Ayreon.

lets talk...

thrasher made you skate a ledge/rail at the right angle so you wouldnt fall over the other side from balance issues.

thrasher utilizes a "catch" type feature in there "hardcore"mode.
(do w.e. you want in the air but you must hit button to prepare for landing)
("hardcore mode" is our equivalent but like skate. you choose weather to use the feature or not.)

in thrasher you can skate "true switch"
(skate. equivalent to useing the gameplay controls backwards while rolling backwards)
(in thrasher you set up a trick by holding down buttons, if you bumbed off something you could roll backwards set up in a more realistic type manner for switch/fakie tricks. ex. nollie heel becomes switch heel. works the same for grinds, grabs, w.e.)

in thrasher you push to control your speed.
(slow, fast, baby push)

notes.
i did not play any tony hawk game after 2, because of thrasher.
i did not purchase another skateboarding game till a week before the ea skate 1 demo.
i played thrasher every single week since the day it came out to the day of the skate 1 demo.
(i cut off my last game probably 20 mins before the demo finished downloading)

if i had a controller i would be playing the game on my pc right now.

watching it gives you no satisfaction of how hard the accomplishment actually is.
i highly suggest you read the wiki controls section.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thrasher:_Skate_and_Destroy
it could blow your mind thinking about what buttons needed to be held or comboed in order to do things.

example.
a backside flip is JUST holding down three buttons and releasing.

but a kickflip backside crook is hold triangle (release) + hold right , l1, x
thats tapping one buttons to holding three buttons after.

at points in the game you could be holding down 5 buttons.
nollie backside 180 heelflip
nollie - l1, 180 - cir, r1 - backside, tri - kickflip, left on dpad - heelflip. (release)

the game is amazing to me still to this day.

Ayreon
12-18-2011, 11:11 PM
dude holy shit. tweet rockstar too. ALL OF FUCKIN YOU!

NotedDerk
12-19-2011, 01:37 AM
I'm doing it, I'd be so stoked to be in max payne 3 or giving them the idea of possibly making a thrasher skate and destroy 2.

Ayreon
12-19-2011, 09:17 AM
I know. If we can manage both of those things, it will be a good day lol

PoppySquidJr
12-19-2011, 09:49 AM
I frikkin loved Skate and Destroy, even got a montage on an old youtube account. I'd be heavy stoked for a new one. :P

Ayreon
01-03-2012, 04:56 PM
that's what im sayin

EternalRewind
01-03-2012, 05:29 PM
if they did make a thrasher 2 i wonder if it would be as good... Z-Axis was the developer and thats why the game was so good...If they did make a new one it would have to have the SAME grind balance system as the first, it was perfect.

replicant
01-04-2012, 09:15 AM
Not a single person associated with the now closed Z-Axis Ltd (renamed Underground Development and closed again) works for Rockstar.
The majority of the guys and girls who did (including myself) do not like Rockstar at all.
It would be a completely new Dev House working on the title if it ever came to light.
Rockstar told us personally they were just gonna sit on the title since it didn't go with their compay focus.
The original Dev team of Z-Axis Ltd is spread out among Activision, Microsoft, 2k Games, and many no longer work in the industry.
You can blame Sam Houser of Rockstar for Thrasher future titles being shitcanned so he could make more GTA's.

Seanne1986
01-04-2012, 11:51 AM
Trasher Skate and Destroy was my second skate game after Skate or Die on the NES. And I absolutely loved it to bits! Played it for years and years. Even the music in that game is brilliant.. I should download an emulator and play some more of it.

If Skate and Destroy 2 would come out.. with some sort of flickit system, I would quit real life and play it nonstop.