PDA

View Full Version : Capture device headache

thesignguy
12-20-2011, 07:48 AM
Ok so this is what I got

http://www.brookstone.com/iconvert-digital-video-converter

It is not the best by any means, but I have wasted so much time and money on this hobby I cant see spending anymore for just a little better quality.
I have used it before with my cam and it works great. Just push a button and it records.

It only has input for red, white, yellow
My Plazma TV has red, white, yellow output
so I think cool make it ez hook it up presto
well all I am getting is my audio, no video (black screen)
my ps3 is hooked up via HDMI cable to my TV. Is this device not able to read the HDMI? Is my plazma outputting at HDMI or something? Do I need to output my PS3 to the red, yellow, white cables and capture that way?

I have no computer at home and I spent at least 4 hours recording last night to only get audio and black screen, so I was hoping someone had a answer for me.

mamba12
12-20-2011, 07:58 AM
output RWY from PS3 to device

output RWY from device to TV

I used to always be about HDMI, until i got my PVR, now i'm kinda upset it doesn't work with it.

thesignguy
12-20-2011, 08:00 AM
crap, I don't have that ps3 cable
cant believe I wasted all that time
funny thing is since I did it that way it also had the music I was listening to on each clip haha

I do have composite cables red, green, blue, whatever. would it still do the same thing?

mamba12
12-20-2011, 08:08 AM
not if the cap card only has red white yellow. composite needs all three video colors and the 2 audio.

those RWY cables are super cheap though, if you can find a mega media exchange or whatever. don't quote me on this, but i think it's the same as the ps2 one, so it's way cheaper than buying the ps3 one, but still works.

Yea, i've definitely captured a few clips with music in it without realizing.

thesignguy
12-20-2011, 08:10 AM
yes they are the same but I sold my ps2 at a garage sale and gave the dude my cable.
oh well lesson learned

llamasrock
12-20-2011, 09:52 AM
*facepalm