PDA

View Full Version : Nike SB Introduces New Team Rider you'll never Guess ....

MF JORDAN
12-23-2011, 04:05 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-3kUOCgtYCAk/TuWBtadRzyI/AAAAAAAABPg/ddnFa4IfRQs/s400/Mike-Mo-Nshit-1024x768+copy.jpg

Nike SB's team is now Lewis Marnell, Danny Supa, Brian Anderson, Stefan Janoski, Wieger van Wageningen, Omar Salazar, Cory Kennedy, Eric Koston, lance Mountain, Grant Taylor, Justin Brock, Daryl Angel, Daniel Shimizu, Youness Amrani, Clark Hassler, Ishood Wair, Theotis Beasley, Peter Hewitt, Shane O'neill, Paul Rodriguez, Matt Beach, Gino Iannucci...oh and now Mike Mo really?
(That's just what Nike needs a new rider...Sarcasm)

Granka
12-23-2011, 05:08 AM
Kinda saw it coming, Nike got themselves a murder-squad now :D

madsser
12-23-2011, 05:33 AM
Unbeatable. That's all.

briden
12-23-2011, 06:52 AM
Just one more dude to give a pro shoe to instead of BA.

Good for him though, he deserves nike money.

Ladd279
12-23-2011, 08:50 AM
damn cant say i didnt see it coming, nike has the team!

BeatChemist
12-23-2011, 01:31 PM
If you traveled back in time to 1995 and told 14-year-old-me that Nike would have the sickest skate team in the world, well... I probably would have laughed.

Funny how times-they-are-a-changin'!

unplannedman
12-23-2011, 03:58 PM
Already known it, still a fucked up situation though.

r0ke
12-26-2011, 06:15 PM
skaters need money too. Not a favorite skater by any stretch but glad to see Mo' getting his.

Now release Vol. 2 already Nike!

Clayfighter
12-26-2011, 09:32 PM
I buy alot of Nike products, they make good shoes. And I'm actually happy he's on Nike than dc which has been pulling some shady shit as of late to get riders. I'm all for supporting skate brands but in this day and age I really can support the hipocracy that has been filling the skateboard community. I don't hear people complain about adidas or converse even though it's essentially the same thing, and truthfully we should be celebrating that a company as vast as Nike is supporting this thing we love.

MF JORDAN
12-26-2011, 10:04 PM
I'm skating the Blazer's/Bruins. an i love them both. But i think when skateboarding Loses Popularity.
i'm sure Nike will leave. An we'll be Left with more "Core" brands. I'm sure i'll be Fine with that too.

briden
12-26-2011, 10:33 PM
I will never buy a Nike product, it makes me sad that great skaters get on Nike's team and fuels the fire.

Get Nike out of Skateboarding.

I get a skate boner when people say things like this.

Clayfighter
12-26-2011, 10:59 PM
I'm skating the Blazer's/Bruins. an i love them both. But i think when skateboarding Loses Popularity.
i'm sure Nike will leave. An we'll be Left with more "Core" brands. I'm sure i'll be Fine with that too. the thing is I don't feel they will leave I mean Nike has been in skating for a while and their original team consisted of mainly dudes kids don't recognize like Daniel shimizu and Childress. It's really only in recent years that Nike as a skate brand has taken off

Hitmanx123
12-27-2011, 03:49 AM
meh.....whatev

Slamooh
12-27-2011, 04:05 AM
Go occupy Nike SB !!

Ladd279
12-27-2011, 11:39 AM
I don't hear people complain about adidas or converse even though it's essentially the same thing, and truthfully we should be celebrating that a company as vast as Nike is supporting this thing we love.

fuck yeah man

knexzor
12-27-2011, 06:07 PM
Nike, a global corporate giant, supporting skateboarding? Man, I don't know about that...
I understand your point but honestly I'd rather buy products where I know my money is going into skaters pockets or into skateboarding in general. With Nike, that money might as well go to developing new golf shirts or whatever.
I always buy locally produced shit if it's possible. Wrong or right, atleast I feel better.

Not trying to start shit here and I respect the other argument.

briden
12-27-2011, 07:19 PM
the thing is I don't feel they will leave I mean Nike has been in skating for a while and their original team consisted of mainly dudes kids don't recognize like Daniel shimizu and Childress. It's really only in recent years that Nike as a skate brand has taken off

That's not the original Nike skateboarding team. They first tried breaking into skateboarding in the mid-late 90s and had Bam on their team... they lasted a few months

PyR0MaNiAc225
12-27-2011, 08:14 PM
http://emerica.com/shoes/

MF JORDAN
12-28-2011, 02:48 AM
http://emerica.com/shoes/

Loved Emerica shoes..but sadly now they are way to "hipster". wish they still made these.

http://www.exitrealworld.com/tools_v2/resources/9e55471ba84686ade677ffe595c45992/upload_images/Emerica_ksl_dos_baker-shoes-black-white-red.1.jpg

Clayfighter
12-28-2011, 08:35 AM
I can respect what Brian's saying my thing is everyone kind of left skateboarding in the 90's it was dead, and I really like nikes resurgents as far as supporting dudes most company would have left a long time ago. I mean seriously they've been supporting dudes like Gino and Danny Supa for a while, even though they haven't been doing alot over the years, and with how sketchy alot of core skate brands have been acting lately it's kind of hard to support some of the core companies anymore.

Also I don't really understand this whole " their shoes are too expensive" thing because honestly most "core" skate brands are crazy expensive. I mean all pro models cost around 80 bucks these days and just like any shoe you can find nikes for cheap.I have only paid full price for a pair of nikes twice, as apose to shoes like es where I've had to pay full price all the time because of the rarity of shoes in my size. I'm just a fan of nikes from both an aesthetic and performance stand point.

andreas
12-28-2011, 09:33 AM
Fuck my bitch based god so much misinformation in this thread. Where is all the progression in shoe tech coming from nowadays? Lakai? Emerica? Vans? None of them. Nike and sti tech are completely murdering the market with shoes that use technology which actually works. Why would I drop 65-70 bucks on a pair of plain black and white vulc shoes with a paperthin shit foam insole when I can get some fucking rad lunarlon shit or those gorgeous etnies footbeds. The money you would spend on a pair of sb's doesn't go to some bullshit golf shirt. What the fuck are you thinking? You think that all their R&D is cheap? Nike is becoming the forerunner in innovative tech in skating shoes and this tech is definitely a step in the right direction.

On the snowboarding boot: Them joining the snowboarding culture is a-okay to me. They use all of their previous knowledge in running and skating and whatever shoe they make, and put it into snowboarding, and you know what? It works. It works better than any of the other 5 (DC, thirtytwox2,rome,k2) boots I've used snowboarding.

PyR0MaNiAc225
12-28-2011, 10:22 AM
Fuck my bitch based god so much misinformation in this thread. Where is all the progression in shoe tech coming from nowadays? Lakai? Emerica? Vans? None of them. Nike and sti tech are completely murdering the market with shoes that use technology which actually works. Why would I drop 65-70 bucks on a pair of plain black and white vulc shoes with a paperthin shit foam insole when I can get some fucking rad lunarlon shit or those gorgeous etnies footbeds. The money you would spend on a pair of sb's doesn't go to some bullshit golf shirt. What the fuck are you thinking? You think that all their R&D is cheap? Nike is becoming the forerunner in innovative tech in skating shoes and this tech is definitely a step in the right direction.
Emerica is also under STi tech. just so you know

andreas
12-28-2011, 11:32 AM
Emerica is also under STi tech. just so you know

I know but they seem to seldom use what's given to them.

MarcoPoloUSN
12-28-2011, 02:41 PM
It's more about supporting companies that were started by skateboarders and are there for skateboarders, for me.

I wear Vans a lot and they use sweatshops I'm sure, haha. However, their roots are in skateboarding and they don't use money they make else where to dupe kids into thinking they're the epitome of skateboarding and start monopolizing the market and the pro riders.

Stokenstein for president

Loved Emerica shoes..but sadly now they are way to "hipster".

I honestly enjoy and appreciate hipster shit.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-jp6LP1waA2E/TvudbsGfjJI/AAAAAAAAAPU/85mtvXTdJHU/s350/design%252520%25252865%252529.jpg
<3

r0ke
12-28-2011, 03:56 PM
Purists ruin everything. Buy what you want. Wear what you want. Listen to what you want.

It's not like society gives two shits about skateboarding anyways. If you combined the attendance and viewership of every single Street League contest/Triple Crown Series/X-games skateboarding, it still wouldn't equal the viewership/attendance of the Super Bowl...

Think for yourselves and don't mindlessly follow trends in either direction. I'd wear a pair of Airwalks if I had no other options in terms of footwear to skate in (true story as well).

Demzilla
12-28-2011, 05:24 PM
supporting nike is not supporting skateboarding.
supporting nike has nothing to do with skateboarding at all...
putting the words 'skateboard" and "nike" in the same sentence makes no sense whats so ever.

if you understood skateboarding.
you wouldnt even have this conversation.

nike is not..
will not..
no matter what they do for the rest of its lifetime.
have anything to do with skateboarding.

if you understood skateboarding youd understand this.

ive argued with clay over live many of times about this.
but.
clay wants them..
he likes the look...
there comfy...
so be it.
it still doesnt change the fact that skateboarding to nike is purely dollars and cents.

back when nike started there bullshit the first time kids got jacked and there shoes ended up on the telephone wires.

for a reason.

Demzilla
12-28-2011, 05:28 PM
roke...

skateboarding is a purist sport.

for a reason.

edit.

id wear fucking sheeps but airwalks killed them.
do you see where this is going?

Clayfighter
12-28-2011, 05:57 PM
Remember when you could wear air walks and not get clowned, 5th grade was a good time. Also I love demz and support everything he says, but damn I do like me some nikes

knexzor
12-28-2011, 06:01 PM
They might make good shoes but the money still doesn't go into skateboarding, hence the golf shirt statement. It's not misinformation, it's an example of my views. Whatever

MF JORDAN
12-29-2011, 02:10 AM
Whatever fuck all this noise ;) here's the real Enemy. the worst skate shoes ever..an check out there team.
http://www.yumsshoes.com/team/

BeatChemist
12-29-2011, 10:10 AM
I agree 100% with Brian and Demz.

Nike is about $$$. They don't care about the sport, the culture.

And this whole "Do whatever you want! Don't follow trends!!" take on it is bullshit. Of course you can always do whatever you want. But that doesn't mean that every choice is equal. Buying Nikes is about fashion. Not supporting skateboarding.

All of that said, I don't hate on people for buying/wearing Nike. The tech comment is a very valid point, and I like that they're ushering in some new ideas/tech into skate shoes. But I still think truly supporting skateboarding means buying from companies STARTED and RUN by skateboarders. Period. Cut out the middleman/bullshit.

r0ke
12-30-2011, 04:13 AM
i've never worn Nikes but if I wanted some I'd just buy some. I don't give two fucks about 'supporting' big brands, small brands, real brands, fake brands, known brands, jock brands, etc etc:

I skate for myself

The biggest problem in skateboarding now is people always 'judging' and having an opinion on what YOU do. When I started skating (like many 'slightly' older folk), everyone made fun of me. I still did it though not to fit in, not to be rebellious, but because I just enjoyed going out to an empty parking lot to learn tricks.

Skateboarding (to ME) is all about you and the board. Everything else is just noise.

BeatChemist
12-30-2011, 07:56 AM
Skateboarding (to ME) is all about you and the board. Everything else is just noise.

I like this.

EternalRewind
12-30-2011, 12:09 PM
back in 2002 when i started skating, i wore a pair of nikes

MarcoPoloUSN
12-30-2011, 03:27 PM
i've never worn Nikes but if I wanted some I'd just buy some. I don't give two fucks about 'supporting' big brands, small brands, real brands, fake brands, known brands, jock brands, etc etc:

I skate for myself

The biggest problem in skateboarding now is people always 'judging' and having an opinion on what YOU do. When I started skating (like many 'slightly' older folk), everyone made fun of me. I still did it though not to fit in, not to be rebellious, but because I just enjoyed going out to an empty parking lot to learn tricks.

Fuck yeah Roke. Demz and stoke's points are 100% agreeable... but in my opinion... you cant get more right than that ^

Skatehead
12-30-2011, 03:42 PM
I love Uggs.

PyR0MaNiAc225
12-30-2011, 05:19 PM
http://www.timberland.com/

Granka
12-30-2011, 05:32 PM

I skate for myself

I agree 100%. I push mongo and I don't give a fuck about people hating on it. I skate because I love it and not to impress people.

Hitmanx123
12-30-2011, 06:19 PM
I love Uggs.
^^^^ the new leader in skate shoes

Hitmanx123
12-30-2011, 06:22 PM
btw i bought the fuckin nike sb fp's. they wore good and are still in good shape. i perosnally think the tech put into them was smart.
truth is, it doesnt matter what you wear, just wear it and shred at your leisure. whether you guys like it or not most of the "skateboarding" companies we love are in it for the dough as well as the skating. i mean yeah im gunna make a skateshop and sell boards to my community but in the end i need to make sure im making money in the process or else whats the point. this aint no charity out here nowadays. either you got money or your borrowing it from somebody. in the end money in one way or another dictates the skateboarding industry. you dont have to like it but you might as well live with it... :/

EternalRewind
12-30-2011, 06:58 PM
I agree 100%. I push mongo and I don't give a fuck about people hating on it. I skate because I love it and not to impress people.

I pushes mongo for about the first year, then I relized how it was harder to set up tricks and looked retarded, after that i trained myself to push reg... Moral of story mongo pushers look retarded

Monk
12-30-2011, 11:00 PM
sick line up!
did you guys know that p-rods pop is Paul Rodriguez .SR- the comedian?

r0ke
12-30-2011, 11:31 PM
sick line up!

Yes

MF JORDAN
12-31-2011, 02:33 AM
sick line up!

Yea. i think Redda said something about that in Og Skate.

briden
12-31-2011, 05:43 AM
I also remember the days when you had to be funny to be called a ''comedian''

r0ke
12-31-2011, 06:07 AM
I also remember the days when you had to be funny to be called a ''comedian''

On this I'm confident we can all agree.

PyR0MaNiAc225
12-31-2011, 09:01 PM
Did you know Janoski and Dave Grohl are cousins?

Ladd279
01-01-2012, 10:36 AM
Malto is on nike now also....

Clayfighter
01-01-2012, 10:51 AM
Just saw that wild wild stuff

Skatehead
01-01-2012, 02:14 PM
I still love uggs.

PyR0MaNiAc225
01-02-2012, 12:07 AM
OK well let's throw this story for a loop http://skateboarding.transworld.net/1000150716/features/afternoon-in-the-park-dc/

Rushiie
01-02-2012, 12:16 AM
Mike Mo went too DC apparently....

http://www.dcshoes.com/us/en

check the pic

r0ke
01-02-2012, 03:34 AM
DC is just too sick. As someone who tried many 'extreme' sports coming up, DC has always provided me with the gear I needed.

Skateboarding specifically: what a roster!

Clayfighter
01-02-2012, 09:27 AM
The biggest positive is that we may seem some amazing skatevideos coming out, I mean I haven't cared about DC since Stevie left

bohemian
01-02-2012, 11:12 AM
omg you suck

MF JORDAN
01-02-2012, 11:23 AM
All the fat lesbians and rednecks are going to be so stoked about Mike Mo's new pro model.

Well i feel like killing my self...

MF JORDAN
01-03-2012, 04:28 AM
Lesbians do love DCs though.

I work in a shop an Lesbians when they walk in they always ask for DC's, Fallen and or Circa's.

bohemian
01-03-2012, 04:56 AM
an Lesbians

lol

why the hate for other people? id rather hang out with lesbians (with small "l") than you narrowminded, homophobic and shortsighted dudes in threads like this.. you keep dissing nike as the only capitalistic brand out there.. its beyond stupid. nike is no worse than lakai, es or any other "skate" brands. they are all in it for the benjamins. is nike worse because they have succeded in the moneymaker business? nope. if you gonna follow though with this line of reasoning, you ought to move to the hills find a cave or smtn and stop using cash alltogether. if not, shut up. (btw, im the first to agree with the foulty monitary system, but singling out companies as culprits is way off target.)

Slamooh
01-03-2012, 07:11 AM
thanks eflix, so much bullshit and irrelevant hate.

lol demz, try to be honest, or i can try to be insincere too : "if you understand business you won't say that"

what do you guys recommend ? support sole tech ? lol... PAS is not helping skateboarding, he's just making money. Do you really believe his "one pair, one tree" bullshit ?

GO SUPPORT SELFISH skateboards...nevermind, forget about it... skateboarders don't know how to run a business :p

r0ke
01-03-2012, 07:43 AM
skateboarders don't know how to run a business :p

Slam and eflixx are on the money as this honestly is what 90% of these comments would have you believe. If you'd rather support another brand, by all means please do so. Just don't make the inaccurate statement that company X is more about skateboarding than company Y, especially when it's painfully obvious that company Y enjoys a good following amongst REAL skaters (not just fake skaters).

There seems to be this mentality that all pro skaters must be struggling hobos who must wear worn down shoes/gear by 'core' companies and living in shoe box apartments while trying to make enough to feed themselves and support their skate love... (smh)

HNY everyone.

bohemian
01-03-2012, 08:40 AM
yes im sure ud turn down contracts from both dc and nike if they approached you.. haha

anyway, stubled upon a funny part. demz and stoke should stay away, dude wears nikes so he obviously dont know skateboarding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vvZbsZ_OFRA

r0ke
01-03-2012, 09:04 AM
I don't think anyone's being confrontational per se, I just find it perplexing how you can make sweeping assertions like the following:

Are you really that upset anpd finding it that hard to see why skateboarders don't like Nike?

I'm glad that we can all freely express our personal opinions (respecting the humble guidelines on Fluckit of course). So, to the other side of the coin, regardless of who specifically you are referring to, the people below are real skateboarders who perhaps, just maybe, like Nike Sb:
http://dopedrops.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/team_nike_video.jpg
http://www.highsnobiety.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/nike-sb-chronicles-teaser.jpg

These are living legends from the past mixed with some of the future of the art form. I think we can all agree that Nike (the UMBRELLA corporation) has had some atrocious/egregious findings against them in the past and that is not something to be ignored. However, for any company to sell ANYTHING, there has to be a demand for their product. If America didn't want drugs, columbian/mexican drug cartels wouldn't be shooting and killing ppl in order to supply demand, and that basic economic principle applies the world over.

Is it sad that mom and pops stores may have to close down? Yes, much like it's sad that Netflix eliminated Blockbuster, iPhones replaced Nokias and Miranda Kerr replaced Heidi Klum :cool:

Evolution.

Eat or be eaten.

r0ke
01-03-2012, 09:07 AM
I <3 Skateboarding.

Simple

http://thecul8r.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/old-school-skater.jpg

r0ke
01-03-2012, 09:15 AM
Fair enough. Respect man.

bohemian
01-03-2012, 09:36 AM
supporting nike has nothing to do with skateboarding at all...
putting the words 'skateboard" and "nike" in the same sentence makes no sense whats so ever.

if you understood skateboarding.
you wouldnt even have this conversation.

nike is not..
will not..
no matter what they do for the rest of its lifetime.
have anything to do with skateboarding.

i dont understand skateboarding

briden
01-03-2012, 09:40 AM
yes im sure ud turn down contracts from both dc and nike if they approached you.. haha

anyway, stubled upon a funny part. demz and stoke should stay away, dude wears nikes so he obviously dont know skateboarding.

Showcasing one of the most mentally unstable skaters in history really doesn't strengthen your argument.

bohemian
01-03-2012, 10:14 AM
my argument being what? im lost.

(btw the part was not intended as an element in the montary discussion. its just some funny skateboarding. thats it.)

briden
01-03-2012, 12:19 PM
It was just a joke.

Skatehead
01-03-2012, 03:48 PM
I love Uggs.

Permy
01-03-2012, 07:31 PM
All the fat lesbians and rednecks are going to be so stoked about Mike Mo's new pro model.

luv u

Permy
01-03-2012, 07:37 PM
and i prefer heidi klum

NotMikeNikeSb
01-03-2012, 08:56 PM
no janoski means no nike sb

Demzilla
01-03-2012, 09:14 PM
"nike is no worse than lakai, es or any other "skate" brands"
your right.
lakai was not created by two legends of skateboarding...

"if you understand business you won't say that"
your right.
skateboarding to nike is business...

"dude wears nikes so he obviously dont know skateboarding."
i have no idea what some dude thinks...
my opinion is about a company.

"I do have a problem with Nike as a company. That being said, I support their right to be a company in a free market and utilize their billions of dollars freely in whatever subculture they like. However, personally, I DO NOT support them in skateboarding."

"i dont understand skateboarding"
i have no idea what some dude thinks.
my opinion is about a company.

and thanks for the asinine attacks.
ill take my idiotic opinion and enjoy my cave.

bohemian
01-04-2012, 12:03 AM
well all be living in caves by the end of the yr

;)

jimmypage4ever
01-04-2012, 07:59 AM
Yeah obviously Nike is in it for the money but they have good product. Got a pair of the koston 1 lows this christmas, and in my 7 years of skateboarding they are by far the greatest shoe I have ever skated, out of the box they were ready to skate no breaking in necessary. So I guess that makes me a bit of a hipocrite but they make good product.

Slamooh
01-04-2012, 09:10 AM
ill take my idiotic opinion and enjoy my cave.

yeah the part about
"supporting nike is not supporting skateboarding.
if you understood skateboarding youd understand this."
was kinda idiotic and arrogant.
you're not sharing an opinion... you re saying "i am right, you're wrong and dumb". This is not how you run a discussion.

I understand skateboarding because i know it's an industry and every company plays his role and support skateboarding in different ways. Some companies bring technology, others bring authenticity, others a mix of both... but they re all here to make money and at the same time they make the whole skate culture live

MF JORDAN
01-04-2012, 01:04 PM
Man i love EA.but i wish they loved me :(

Seanne1986
01-04-2012, 02:03 PM
I skated with Lewis Marnell back in the good ol' days a few times.. I feel so proud.. /sarcasm.

xxDEYONxx
01-04-2012, 03:17 PM
Isn't he on DC (late)