Not sure how to go about doing so though.

Went out today and bought a patch cable that'll allow me to hook my bass (and guitars as well obviously, so I can borrow friends) directly to my computer and record. So I have those, and I could likely use it for a mic as well should the need arise... but I'm lacking something pretty important - drums.

You guys have any programs you like to use to make your drum patterns? I'd love to get a drum set, but... well they cost a lot and make a lot of noise, and the electronic ones that make little noise cost even more. That's not factoring in a set of drum mics and whatnot as well if I even bought a drum set. Currently I have access to a friend's stuff who has a set and drum mics, but I can only go there on weekends (he's away at college on weekdays). Since he's there, I can't really just do my own thing at my own pace either... and he would annoy the heck out of me if I tried making the kind of music I like, because he doesn't like it.

So I need a way to make my own drum beats, because then I can give creating a song a shot for fun. Any ideas?