Thread: Driving standard

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Driving standard

Any of you guys drive with a clutch?

I'm learning it now, because when I master it I got a Jeep Wrangler waiting for me!

switchFooTexas

Both my lancer and evo were stick before I sold them. Just keep driving, i was so frusturated when i first started I almost broke my hand punching a wall. After about 2-3 hours you should have it.

Just keep it up, there are no tricks really.

yeah today was my second day giving it a try... first day i was superr pissed fuckin stalled the thing like 20 times got soo frustrated. Im starting to get the hang of i now tho only problems i have is going into 5th gear instead of 3rd and stalling after i stop at a stop sign or light

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

Just pay attn to the feel of the clutch and where the clutch starts to engage. Remember you don't have the put the clutch to the floor, just past the engagement point.

as for the 2-5 instead of 2-3...don't worry, i've been driving stick for hella long and i still do that shit.

when you get off of 52nd, look for the 3 legged dog, I'm 5 blocks down on the left next to taco bell

I learned on a 4 speed honda. Wish my current SUV was standard. There's a much better feel for the vehicle when it's standard. I used to be able to light a smke, change the channel, shift, pick my nose, sip my coffee at the same time.

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

its amazing how good of a multitasker you can become. Elbow shifting!