Thread: Screw iMacs! rethink your "buy"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    XBL
    emericaridr11

Default Screw iMacs! rethink your "buy"

so my 2006 shitty as all can be white imac is dying.....so i buy a 2009 24inch Aluminum iMac (much better specs than my kiddie comp now)
    going to be doing ALOT of Cinema4d Sports Bumpers, so time to test this new Computer - turn on - add C4d......All is going good, much faster than my old one

I have a FanController running, see the internal Temp of the new iMac is 55-60 celsius (seems normal while doing mad 3-d work)....BUT
    I feel the left side of the computer and its WAY TOO HOT to be normal, did alot of research and its very "normal"....Aluminum acts as a 2nd "Heat Sink"...... ok fine, I get it

now I left the computer on for 2-3 hours with Cinema 4d open doing work...comp seemed fine BUT the screen got really bad "Screen Persistent" (so when I close C4d its still "burnt" into the LCD Screen, goes away after like hours and hours of a screen saver going, but VERY frustrating)

now I know this is caused by the Lcd Screen being so close to the Heat Source....needless to say IM PISSED! what a fucking stupid design, I never dog Apple but holy shit RETARDED

my white all plastic iMac never gets this hot to touch, never messed with the screen... and still held better internal temps then this iMac with literally twice as worse specs (on everything)

Basically saying this.......

If your thinking about getting a Aluminum iMac and plan to do some Heavy Load Editing....
    SERIOUSLY rethink what your buying
    sure its nice for everyday multimedia, but let me tell you this thing gets SCARY hot...for reals

Im selling my iMac today on Craigslist (thank god, I only lose 25 bucks, and the buyer is fully aware of the "problem") and buying a Older QuadCore Xeon MACpro (no monitor)

Be careful!!

btw Full aint ever coming out, I lost everything on my External Drive....FARTS!!!!!

Last edited by emericaridr11; 11-11-2013 at 01:23 AM.

hahaha

XBL
    emericaridr11

Quote Originally Posted by bohemian View Post
    hahaha
    indeed

I feel for you man. That sucks. At least you're able to get rid of the "problem." Cheers to future footy

XBL
    emericaridr11

Quote Originally Posted by EmmitBrown View Post
    I feel for you man. That sucks. At least you're able to get rid of the "problem." Cheers to future footy
    ended up loosing 50 bucks....still cant believe this design for the iMacs, and how everyone is so in Love with them
    wild, scary machine

If it's like, grey, is it the one you're talking about?

fuck