Thread: Final Korrupted Hoodlum CD Contest!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    SonicKaos

Default Final Korrupted Hoodlum CD Contest!

First up, the winner of the previous contest: the m1L3z

Vid swung between 2 people, which was cool because it took a bit of planning. Didn't go nuts with the camera motion and kept it smooth, with decent framing. Guy running in at the end with the gestures was pretty funny and a good pan out.

One entry was filmer from the inside of a car - great idea and you likely would have won, except you got so far away from it that you could barely see the character at all. A slow zoom in may have helped that quite a bit, but it was definitely creative.

On to the next now.

Contest #4: Best Photo

Bust out the flash and your fancy lenses, no need for a record button this time. Luckily Skate doesn't require you to set your aperture and shutter speed before snapping a pic, but if you think that guarantees a good photo then you need a focus check. Let's see some great action shots framed up all nice and pretty. Remember, the background/surroundings are just as important as the skater in the picture, as it set's the mood. Don't leave half the picture blank unless there is a good reason for it!

Starts: February 1st
    Ends: February 4th
    Maximum 2 photo entries per person.
    Entries will only be accepted if posted on Fluckit, but any video/picture format is fine.
    Note: You can only win one contest of the 4. Feel free to enter again if you want but I'm not giving anyone more then 1 CD.

Other then that, there aren't really any limitations, so go wild!

The contest is going to work in a Sponsor Me style like the EA contests, but will be judged by more then one person. MagicNarcosis, MeanGoon and Mr. Lingo Starr along with myself will be picking out the winner each contest, and showering them with praise... but what does that matter when you'll also get one of these:

There are only 20 of them in existance, and I've only got 1 left... anyone want it? If so, you're going to have to come up with something good to win! This is the last change to win a Korrupted Hoodlum CD there will ever be!

Get out there and get me something Magazine cover worthy! Looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with!
    Last edited by SonicKaos; 02-01-2009 at 07:08 PM.

SonicKaos

Edited original.

2 entries per person this time since it's not a video.

Steam
    m1L3z
    PSN
    imrobwhite

wow, tbh i didnt think i was gonna win. thank you sonic and everyone that judged. (and of course everyone that entered) i really liek that car shot clip.and uhh damn, idk rly what to say.lol

and thanks to clay for backing me up one that clip, we didnt have it planned or anything he just happend to land it right after me.

sonic, should i PM u my shipping info? or what do you wanna do
    Last edited by teh m1L3z; 02-01-2009 at 07:27 PM.

AH that was me in the car.

The whole time I entered I kept on saying to myself " I should really redo it with a better trick, and better view " too

congrats milez
    Holden

tehwoot

Here is one of mine... working on another

I'mFatSoIBleedGravyEw

My two - just go to my pictures section.

http://skatereel.ea.com/members/1/182554482/215653.aspx

Good luck to everyone.
    Last edited by I'mFatSoIBleedGravyEw; 02-02-2009 at 09:21 PM.

JLord

If I win this do I get to pick the person who gets the CD?

Jlord - according to the rules, you cant really win
    Doppelgänger Produktion - DP's got that crazy shit

JLord

Feel free to enter again if you want but I'm not giving anyone more then 1 CD. What I'm saying is, if I happened to win, would I pick 2nd place (CD Receiver) or would the judges?

MrPainkillerx

Default my pics

Click to make bigger

Heres my Pics hope you all like them took a while to find the right spot =]
    Last edited by MrPainkillerx; 02-02-2009 at 05:31 PM.

im006v2

SonicKaos

Last day to get your pics in for the final CD contest!

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

Whoa, forgot all about this. Shot shit baby last night.

Shit...I've got 3 others but I think I'll go for this one

you love that sunset don't ya? lol

Stopped Pushing Mongo skatejake's Avatar

i will post as soon as the ea site stops sucking and i can access my account over there.

Amateur Flucker Jakeblueisballin's Avatar

Fuck I forgot to post mine.

Well, I'll post it for the hell of it!

Sir, I'll do anything if you let me go!
    I survived the demo days

SonicKaos

It was very close this time, as there was a nice battle for the top 3 positions this time around.

3rd - Strabmawr because that nose blunt into the sunset (seemed to be a common theme among many) is a beaut.

2nd - Midnight for both pics actually, they were both quite good. Good on you for creating a spot to use for the challenge as well.

Unfortunately I've only got 1 CD to give away though so it's got to go to im006 with the crook grind (1st pic). Very nice dude, but next time maybe put a virtual shirt over your virtual abs? haha.

Thanks to everyone for entering again. It may have been a small scale contest, but it was still interesting. Hopefully I'll be able to do some more of these in the future with other random small prizes.

To all the winners, PM me your mailing address if you'd like the CD sent to you. I'm still waiting on teh m1l3s and now im006 of course.

Looking forward to seeing what people come up with in the future

MrPainkillerx

If m1l3s dosnt want it ill take it since my pictures were the best out of these 4 people thx..

JLord

Quote Originally Posted by SonicKaos View Post
    It was very close this time, as there was a nice battle for the top 3 positions this time around.

3rd - Strabmawr because that nose blunt into the sunset (seemed to be a common theme among many) is a beaut.

2nd - Midnight for both pics actually, they were both quite good. Good on you for creating a spot to use for the challenge as well.

Unfortunately I've only got 1 CD to give away though so it's got to go to im006 with the crook grind (1st pic). Very nice dude, but next time maybe put a virtual shirt over your virtual abs? haha.

Thanks to everyone for entering again. It may have been a small scale contest, but it was still interesting. Hopefully I'll be able to do some more of these in the future with other random small prizes.

To all the winners, PM me your mailing address if you'd like the CD sent to you. I'm still waiting on teh m1l3s and now im006 of course.

Looking forward to seeing what people come up with in the future
    I never expected that.

Not that you care sonic, but I would have had these be the top 3:

#1 Midnight
    It may not look really awesome at the higher resolution because of the quality of skate reel. But with the quality it should be viewed at:

It looks fucking great.

#2 StrabMawr
    It's a good picture, but I think the angle could have been better.

And I would do #3 but I'm having a problem finding the submission because of skate reel. And I don't know the remember the person's username.

Got to agree with Jlord...didn't see that one coming...

switchFooTexas

I don't know exactly how the rule of thirds applies to photos since i've only used it when filming. But basically, atleast for filming, you want the skater to enter from one side, whether it be top left/right, or bottom left/right and then make a diagonal path across the frame. As for photography i'm sure this is basically the same. Keep the focal point across the frame of the photo, rather then centering it.

I may be wrong, but it is nice to know that Sonic understands Rule of Thirds and can judge properly

<3

Steam
    m1L3z
    PSN
    imrobwhite

sonic ill PM u my shipping info.

MrPainkillerx

Thumbs down

lol this contest was cheap my pictures were way better then most of these guys he prolly didnt even look at mine/maximize it the people who enterd pic were plane and boring

im006v2

Classy^

Amateur Flucker Jakeblueisballin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrPainkillerx View Post
    lol this contest was cheap my pictures were way better then most of these guys he prolly didnt even look at mine/maximize it the people who enterd pic were plane and boring
    Your pictures were insanely lame. Yes, offense.
    I survived the demo days

im006v2

Cool beans. Thanks a lot guys, I think I'm gonna have to road trip it like an hour down the freeway and have MNarcosis sign it for me

good pics. good to know that if i'm going to lose a photography contest, the judge at least understand the ROT. You'd be surprised at how many people will critique your pictures (irl and skate) without knowing the most basic principle of photography.