Thread: First Skate 2 Contest - Sponsored by The Korrupted Hoodlums!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    SonicKaos

Default First Skate 2 Contest - Sponsored by The Korrupted Hoodlums!

Happy New year everyone!

What better way to celebrate a new year then with some Skate 2 related
    goodness? I'm announcing the first contest today, and you'll find the rules below. This contest is all about the Skate 2 demo, and there will be 4 of them between its release date and the full game.

Contest #1: Best use of Grab the Environment

Exactly what it sounds like. Use this new feature and come up with something creative, cool and clean. Doesn't matter what you use, as long as it's not in its original position.

Starts: January 8th
    Ends: January 11th
    Entries will only be accepted if posted on Fluckit, but any video format is fine (in case Skate.Reel 2 isn't part of the demo)
    Note: You can only win one contest of the 4. Feel free to enter again if you want but I'm not giving anyone more then 1 CD.

Other then that, there aren't really any limitations, so go wild!

The contest is going to work in a Sponsor Me style like the EA contests, but will be judged by more then one person. MagicNarcosis, MeanGoon and Mr. Lingo Starr along with myself will be picking out the winner each contest, and showering them with praise... but what does that matter when you'll also get one of these:

There are only 20 of them in existance, and I've only got 4 left... anyone want one? If so, you're going to have to come up with something good to win! As mentioned before, there will be 4 chances to win one of the CDs. The contest will remain a secret until the time it starts so as to give no one an unfair advantage. Looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with!
    Last edited by SonicKaos; 01-02-2009 at 10:32 AM.

Banned

I can't wait for this, the options are gonna blow my head up.

Ogrer

sounds so sick dude, we should have alot of these for skate 2.

KushKrashBOOM

Ive already got ideas...

Mac

As soon as I get the demo, see the environment and the obstacles, I'll go NUTS.

Steam
    :)hello:)_goffer
    XBL
    soapskumm

awesome... good job ProfessorKaos

MeanGoon69

Easy and steezy like the day after newyears eve.....can u say hangover?

woah

xLuke

cool, ive got some ideas for slappys

anyone know if you can hippy jump and grab whilst still in the air?

SonicKaos

Once you're in the air on a hippy jump, you can't grab your feet or anything... All you can really do during a hippy jump is a 180 aka body varial to switch stances.

Shipping is up in the air right now... Anyone from the US or Canada are in for sure, but I'm not sure how much shipping to the UK will cost me at the moment. How much is a UK stamp? I can't see it being more then 2 bucks or so, in which case I'm fine with that... shouldn't be too rediculous.

It's just win/lose.. second place is just a nicer way to say you're the first loser :P Seriously though, I have nothing to give out as prizes for them and I'd like to do a contest for each CD instead of giving them all away at once. Just gives everyone more to do and it should be pretty fun.

Can I Kick It?

im in

MeanGoon69

This is epic!!!!!

Mac

Quote Originally Posted by SonicKaos View Post
    Once you're in the air on a hippy jump, you can't grab your feet or anything... All you can really do during a hippy jump is a 180 aka body varial to switch stances.

Shipping is up in the air right now... Anyone from the US or Canada are in for sure, but I'm not sure how much shipping to the UK will cost me at the moment. How much is a UK stamp? I can't see it being more then 2 bucks or so, in which case I'm fine with that... shouldn't be too rediculous.

It's just win/lose.. second place is just a nicer way to say you're the first loser :P Seriously though, I have nothing to give out as prizes for them and I'd like to do a contest for each CD instead of giving them all away at once. Just gives everyone more to do and it should be pretty fun.
    If shipping to certain places are totally impossible, it could send electronically. Then people are just gonna have to deal with the lack of a physical copy.

SonicKaos

The CD is already up on the internets for people to steal if they want it enough, not too hard to get lol. The physical copies will have the full quality song on it though which IS hard to get (unless you bug Magic enough I guess) and possibly a remix of it as well. Also the CD's I printed out are likely a better quality then most people can print unless they've got an expensive printer.

take it this is now cancelled due to no vid uploading in the demo!!!

xLuke

double post but what about shipping?

is it us only?

dajerkajer

thats awesome so is it just like a win or lose no second or third place?

tits... im in
    Doppelgänger Produktion - DP's got that crazy shit

JackRipper227

i cant wait. im in.

dajerkajer

alright thanks sonic does make sense