Thread: Real life filmer's pack....

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fluckit Master

Default Real life filmer's pack....

Advanced free cam, that's what I thought after watching this... It's more amazing than what it looks.

There are literally ENDLESS possibilities, filming-wise, with these UAV's. It's something we have been doing for years with our skate games, exploring different angles, heights, transitions, compositions.
    It's a fact we (atleast, most of us) have always tried to get the 'Real life' look in our videogame videos. Paradoxically, now people is trying to get the 'Video game style', if you know what I mean. Atleast that's what I think.
    The video posted above isn't the first one I've seen with these kind of equipment, Mutiny's Joe Simon did one almost a year ago, casually in the same skatepark.

The UAV in the Bas Keep's video was carrying a NEX-5 camera.

The one Joe Simon used was basically a regular copter with a 7D attached.

Joe said it took like 10 months to learn how to fly the heli, and within that time he crashed like 8 times.
    we have a downlink with monitor and separate controller for the 3 axis camera mount.... On this shoot though I did not have a camera op so had to fly blind.
    Shit aint easy.

We all know how 'pro', expensive, and beyond our reach this equipment looks, but hey, there a lot of RC helis in the market, and nowadays HD cameras are smaller and lighter than a few years, even months ago.

The of course we have this

Snaproll / BrainFarm collabo.

Super dooper UAV systems with multi-axis gimbal control and excellent stabilization capabilities, and featuring Cineflex gyro-stabilized systems, 4K cameras and many more other features seen in the big budget filmmaking market.

We know how good the result of this technology will look like when used in big productions, but I'm willing to see real life advanced free cams in a amateur/prosumer level.

What are your thoughts on this?

Damn, I wrote too much.
    Last edited by agusbmxarg; 05-24-2012 at 08:53 AM.