Thread: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD [Release Date and New DLC Info]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wait so is there customization or not? Is their a Sim Mode? I thought Xbox got it today.

Purchased it. My gameplay:

nice Marco,wasting no time for TH footy.lol
    you can deff tell that you're trying to skate as realistically as the game'll allow,i'll have to try the demo when it hits PSN.

Quote Originally Posted by m7419 View Post
    you can deff tell that you're trying to skate as realistically as the game'll allow.
    LOL, I knowww right? hahaha

The reverts look siiick. That might be the most realistic part of the gameplay.

Chief Alcohol Strategist momadaddy's Avatar
    PSN
    momadaddy
    XBL
    momadaddy

after that all i can say is, THANK GOD FOR SKATE. it looks fun. like it was back in the day. i think i prefer skate though. might buy thps hd anyways i dunno. fingerflip airwalk should have been in skate. 1 foot smiths as well and crail slides

"Your friendship with xi SATORI ix has been broken"

Last edited by MarcoPoloUSN; 07-18-2012 at 09:23 PM.

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

Got it today, and I'm kinda bummed on it, feels awkward to a certain extent, probably because I am so used to playing Skate.. I still somewhat enjoyed playing the game though, played School 2 for a while this morning, tried to go over that wall to skate the Carlsbad grass gap but never got to do so haha

most of the trick animations looked weird as fuck too, especially the shuvs... and when I tried fakie/nollie inward heels, for some reason it seems like it would pop the nollie and flip a regular inward heel haha I might not see the trick animation incorrectly, but it looks odd...

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoPoloUSN View Post
    Video
    Nice video Marco, I wonder if you can turn down the voice volume in the game? Sounds like he's beating someone up in some old kung-fu movie when he lands tricks.
    LB is like a pedophile playground, either old bastards or little kids.. -adda

bought it and played for like 2 hours last night. i've spent 15 bucks on a lot stupider stuff. Like even if i never played it again, the time i spent last night is still the same as going to a 3d movie.

besides, this brings back a lot of good memories trying to stay up til dawn eating cheetos and drinking mountain dew.

i wish there were more/different levels. honestly the warehouse is so fucking classic, but after a few runs it's just not that cool of a level. and the hangar is like the warehouse part 2. would've rather had minneapolis, new york, philly, or san fran. more outdoors
    Last edited by mamba12; 07-19-2012 at 08:07 AM.
    Threat YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by ps3.old-skooler-34
    I watched all the videos and they were ok. I don't have a video, but I can do double back flips to blunt slide AND 360 lazer flip out.. I asked my dad and he agrees, I'm the best on here.

PSN
    bengrover
    XBL
    bengrove

Quote Originally Posted by mamba12 View Post
    stay up til dawn eating cheetos and drinking mountain dew.
    Would pay 15 just for this.

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

Bummed that PS3 still has to wait for this.

I played THPS2 for a bit, not as floaty as i remember it, the sim mode made some flatground tricks impossible but gave a nice feel to the game.

Stopped Pushing Mongo SpadedOne's Avatar

I downloaded the demo. I set the controller down before the end of my first run. The nostalgia just did not hold up for me. The new graphics just aren't that big of a deal. Skate just ruined the TH franchise. No couch co-op is a stupid ass decision. No customizing anything but pro stats? seriously? Oh, and they are going to make you pay extra for game mechanics with the TH3 DLC. I see too many things wrong with this game. The only good thing that I got out of the demo was the knowledge that I still have a PS1 and a copy of Thrasher: Skate and destroy. I ended up playing Thrasher for 3 hours last night. Thrasher: Skate and Destroy > Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD.
    "I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries."

What are the controls like?
    PSN id Clae_howard
    sk8goat55

^Flickit

...Dpad
    LB is like a pedophile playground, either old bastards or little kids.. -adda

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

IMO Proving Grounds is still more fun. Hate all you want, I like Proving Grounds still.
    Nonetheless, grab THPS 2x. cheaper, more stuff. :P