Thread: What new tricks have you learned this year?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    XBL
    TheDietTea

Pretty cool that you guys are keeping at it, Cool to see your progression.

I have not skated in a while..
    But I have been scouting local skate spots and
    Here are some tricks I'm wanting to do

-Wallie < I used to do little wallies off of a ledge drop at this skatepark an hour away, Need to refresh that trick though.
    -Wallie, Manual? < sounds hard as fuck! I would love to though
    -Manual, Morse Code Tap, shuv, nose manual, nollie shuv < I'm really not about combos, But it would be one I would try to get and actually enjoy.
    -(caveman) Board Under Rail, Fingerflip off of rail
    -caveman, blunt (ledge)
    -Airwalk Plant < I do little wall kicks and shit from no comply, I could probably get this easy with dedication.
    -Caveman, Tailslide, Fingerflip < got pretty close when I was in newyork last, just need to tighten it up really. (On a Ledge)
    -Wanting to tighten up manual spins..
    -Stupid close to switch no comply
    -No Comply Hardflip, Varial Kick, 360 Flip, 360 Hardflip < Did no comply 360 hard on a fluke, Would love to figure it out.
    The rest I've never really attempted so I'm not sure. I have tried no comply varials, it's incredibly awkward trying to get it smooth, I can't figure out if it should be pressure or more of a kick but I have got the varial motion a few times.
    I'll have footage to back this stuff up whenever I get around to filming again.
    Plans to get a Video up before December.
    I've always been an odd skater, so I have hopes some of these things come easy.
    If not, you know.. that's skating. I'm always pushing myself to try new obscurities whenever they come to mind..
    so that list and whatever else the spots inspire. Oh, I also would like to do some more vert at some point..
    Little 50-50 kiss in and out of transition has been in the back of my mind. That's All I have on vert, but as far as I'm concerned that shits sick and expanding should be fun.

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

Sounds sick Antwan, looking forward to seeing those no comply variations. Is your foot still on the ground when the board lands or are you catching them? It's a tough transition but they feel so much better.

I've got a new semi consistent sequence:

4 walk the dogs-2 one foot pivots-one foot pivot 720 manual spin shuv.

XBL
    TheDietTea

Yeah, I never really considered it a make if I wasn't catching the board
    You should get some new stuff out man
    I was kinda bummed seeing your montage was all the little things I've already watched this year haha

Really don't really know when I'll be able to get new footage. No one I know really skates much anymore, and if we do skate occasionally we just wanna chill. Honestly thinking about looking for a filmer, I've got a lot of stuff very consistent probably wouldn't take very long.

XBL
    TheDietTea

Oh yeah you did say that huh..
    In the other thread about skating where you live.
    I haven't made varial no complies yet those are more a letting the board flip
    360 Hardflip no complies were a fluke as said, and even then I had a different setup.. board had a ton of pop and what not.
    I'm gonna go skate a bit this weekend get warmed up start feeling some of this stuff out
    Probably won't be filming for a while myself but I do want to put time into these should be fun after the break.

Yeah it sucks, all the time in the world to film back in highschool when i could barely do anything. Now i've got stuff like 1 foot 540 shuvs, primo spacewalks and boneless 1080 manual spins all pretty consistent with nothing to show for it. Other than just the love of skating, which is all that really matters, but it would be nice to share.

this thread needs more footy "wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more say no more"

XBL
    TheDietTea

Honestly Not sure if I'll be getting those things I was talking about now
    I got this oldschool board recently and been trying to use it
    can't seem to get those more technical things because it's bigger.. I imagine it's still possible but what a bitch haha

I did start working on another flatground variation and from what I've been hearing it's possible I'm trying to do
    a manual crail to tail out
    (regular stance) I start a manual and do a pop shuv into my hand caveman out
    It's really awkward just about every time but It's so much fun.. almost had a make today.
    I was trying to get this on a normal sized board for the longest, but actually have gotten closer on the oldschool board
    I think it's because it's more weighed down, less flipping around.. controlled.

I haven't been skating much but slowly working my way back in.. May hit up the local park here when I start to feel
    comfortable again, having had a break for months and then right into it on an oldschool board.
    Always fun though. Can't wait to share what I come up with.. and even so, when I start to use these things toward manny pads, ledges etc. at the park. Should be interesting.. I won't film at the park unless I can get a friend to come help me out though.. Which isn't impossible actually, so should happen at one time or another down the line.

XBL
    TheDietTea

Yeah hobbs thats what I do anyway easier if the board is closer I thought. No footplants pawn. I just couldnt seem to get variations of it so I never recorded them. I havent tried them on my oldschool setup ill have to do that. I dont imagine its a big difference ive actually seen alot of pop come from the oldschool board I have. I guess the caveman stuff helped. Foot placement toward the back so it starts that vertical setup for you. I reccommend gloves griptape tears your hands up I usually sport a pair.

Id love to see it Antwan, sounds like youve really come a long way