my take is that the naming things after other teams is really fucking dumb and if people are going to make their own original content with this game on these sites they shouldn't half-ass it with YA I REP X COMPANY IN A VIDEO GAME ARENT I COOL and then the team is just a bunch of new kids who don't really care about what they're doing and why, it's just a bunch of new kids who think they're something they're not. i blame pharmacy, pharmacy was the start of the whole thing, the only difference is that pharmacy was actually a pretty cool team of pretty cool guys that just happened to be named after the shop. i'm sick of seeing the 5BORO FUCKYEAH and OMIT FUCKYEAH and DMNDSUPPLY FUCKYEAH circlejerk that's happening everywhere in skate right now and it saddens me that newdudes can't even be original with their own team names.

basically if you're going to start a team, don't force it and just let it happen, as opposed to naming it after an already established and respected IRL brand and expecting to be treated with the same kind of respect on a fucking internet message board full of old sweaty dudes. there's my 2 cents on that. and if someone calls you on bullshit, don't respond with more bullshit, even if the former was bullshit itself.

i don't mean to offend anyone or spark any flamewars with this post but goddammit avoiding dumb kids table shit like this was pretty much the reason places like skatethis, cc, fluckit and lb existed. they were fountains of original content free from the bullshit of kid's tables. what happened to that?