Thread: Marijuana Legalization

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    XBL
    TheDietTea

Lace it with addictive additives and nearly ensure sales?
    Probably not.. it has a strange affect on some people
    I've not heard one story about someone dying Smoking Mary
    but I have heard one where two teenagers lived from a car crash because they were stoned
    Maybe Pandemonium not necessarily Anarchy
    but we already have those kinds of "marches" a bit less than in the past
    but people still hold signs and shit against a cause.
    There is no way to really tell what affect it will have on every person so how can you release it to be Legalized or sold?
    The anti-marijuana law of 1937 was largely the federal government's response to political pressure from enforcement agencies and other alarmed groups who feared the use and spread of marijuana by "Mexicans." Recent evidence also suggests that the Federal Bureau of Narcotics resisted the enforcement burden of the anti-marijuana law until mounting pressure on the Treasury Department led to a departmental decision in 1935, to appease this fear, mostly in the Southwest and West, by federal legislation. Previously unpublished documents clarify the role of medical research in the campaign for a federal anti-marijuana law and in the Treasury Department's preparation for congressional hearings.
    That's just what I found.. can't say if it's entirely true.

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Mexican drug cartels would be CRUSHED if Marijuana was legalized and regulated, and would do a whole lot of good for everyone for that reason as well.
    It's really only illegal because of smear campaigns from the companies who were getting outplayed by hemp-based replacement products. They made the people think it was horrible and dangerous, and thus they made it illegal at the people's request.
    The artist formerly known as Luft

XBL
    TheDietTea

I've been to Mexico a few times
    I have a friend in Toluca, not the richest neighbourhood but amazing mountains, Nearby Volcano.
    The cartel is some shady shit man.. They do anything they can to get money
    Dress up as construction workers to cut power lines and sell the copper. Shit's crazy.
    This friend had a girl he knew kidnapped and held for ransom supposedly the Cartel as well.
    That's what I've heard anyway. They didn't tell me till after I came back from Mexico though
    Haven't been back yet haha

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    I've been to Mexico a few times
    I have a friend in Toluca, not the richest neighbourhood but amazing mountains, Nearby Volcano.
    The cartel is some shady shit man.. They do anything they can to get money
    Dress up as construction workers to cut power lines and sell the copper. Shit's crazy.
    This friend had a girl he knew kidnapped and held for ransom supposedly the Cartel as well.
    That's what I've heard anyway. They didn't tell me till after I came back from Mexico though
    Haven't been back yet haha
    Oh for sure, the cartel is some brutal shit, but the only grip they have in America is really through their marijuana business. If you get that out of here, you get them out of here, and it'll weaken them a good bit in Mexico too. Small steps to getting rid of a horrid organization.

Mostly only shitty brick weed comes from Mexico. Its not green, and it only makes you hungry and sleepy. The good shit comes from everywhere else....like literally. Cali, Canada, Florida's got some dankness on the low, some parts of mid america, the rain forests, etc. Weed is only a portion of what the cartels deal in/kill for....so legalizing it would only put a small dent in their activity.

But anyhoo, I think it should definitely be legalized! It has way more uses than any of the legal stuff. And guess what? IT DOESN'T KILL YOU! Alcohol can kill you in one night if you really over do it. All of those antidepressants and painkillers that are prescribed instead of weed can kill you. Shit, kids have died from smoking FAKE weed that was LEGALLY purchased from their corner stores! It's like damn!

I dont wanna rant here, but yes, I totally think it should be legal. Free up prisons for true criminals and allow the US to tap into a whole new revenue stream. (so what if cuts into other industries) Jeeze!
    Last edited by Legba; 12-18-2012 at 03:23 PM.
    I got that Fluckin' Love

I used to be huge anti-weed for a while, but have since relaxed that viewpoint. i dont do drugs myself, however reading your guys' replies has taught me about the upsides of this law. i still feel kinda on the fence though, considering that making marijuana more acceptable may implant the idea in some kids minds that the other more dangerous drugs are not that big of a deal anymore
    not really that informed or invested in the topic though, and because i'm only 18 i havent really observed its long term effects. some of my friends do it and are the nicest people on earth, and some of my friends dont do it and are the nicest people on earth

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by Boris Magee View Post
    I used to be huge anti-weed for a while, but have since relaxed that viewpoint. i dont do drugs myself, however reading your guys' replies has taught me about the upsides of this law. i still feel kinda on the fence though, considering that making marijuana more acceptable may implant the idea in some kids minds that the other more dangerous drugs are not that big of a deal anymore
    not really that informed or invested in the topic though, and because i'm only 18 i havent really observed its long term effects. some of my friends do it and are the nicest people on earth, and some of my friends dont do it and are the nicest people on earth
    It has no long term affects unless you have an addictive personality. You can only get addicted to it in the same way you'd get addicted to playing a sport or clapping your hands or something, it can only happen in your personality and enjoying it so much you just want to to do it. The only time it's actually harmful is in adolescence and below. Before you are generally developed, even if not fully (around the 17-19 range), then you won't really be harmed by it. It only causes some mental issues in adolescence if abused too early.

also to Legba, I did not mean it would severely harm the cartels itself, but however shitty their weed is, it IS their only grip on American soil, and killing it would get them out of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    I've not heard one story about someone dying Smoking Mary
    but I have heard one where two teenagers lived from a car crash because they were stoned
    This is ture but you know it doesnt hold any merit for not legalizing weed. Its not like they will make driving under the influence legal. You cant with booze, and wont be able too with weed.

XBL
    emericaridr11

Quote Originally Posted by Ayreon View Post
    This is ture but you know it doesnt hold any merit for not legalizing weed. Its not like they will make driving under the influence legal. You cant with booze, and wont be able too with weed.
    actually my buddy just got a ticket for driving under the influence of weed, just cause they could smell it

there is no good way to test DUIs for weed like there is for Liquor

best way is a blood test, probably the hardest thing they will come across is how to properly know who is driving "under the influence" and who isnt
    lots of tickets on the way i assume

I used to smoke everyday after my skate sessions (I'm not a very good blazed skater) for years...Then I stopped (smoking) for like 6 years. Now I do so very occasionally. But regardless of whether I smoke or not, marijuana amazes me. If you ever pluck a fresh bud and inspect it closely, I can't see how you wouldn't be amazed. Its so frosted and has such a distinct smell. If you squeeze a fresh bud it leaves your fingers sticky. I mean SHIT! Something we've (humans) known about for so long and that looks so non-intimidating really shouldn't be the source of so much controversy and discourse.
    And While I don't encourage everyone to smoke, cuz its really not for everyone (just like everything except for food, water, and air). But if you enjoy it, I feel you should be allowed to do so without penalty or the effect of stigmas. And if you don't, well thats a okay...just dont be a dick about it lol. I feel non smokers should just not be subjected to it unwillingly. Not smokings fine too.

simple.
    Last edited by Legba; 12-18-2012 at 09:48 PM.
    I got that Fluckin' Love