Thread: Modding for Skate. Games

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

the only thing i dislike abbout the possibility of modding Skate, games (also why I'm against Skate. PC games) is the "what if someone makes tricks the push of a button" to where you don't know if the tricks you see were earned or not.

physics mods would be sick, but i love Skate. as a world we all live in and when you see footage from it you know the physics the skater had to deal with.

Skate. is sacred.

Steam
    ipermy
    XBL
    iperm

fuck you

Quote Originally Posted by EmmitBrown View Post
    makes tricks the push of a button" to where you don't know if the tricks you see were earned or not.
    what are we, playing for points and own the spot? Like I give a shit if someone want to deprive themselves of the amazing flick controls

i meant i dont want the game to be fucked with. i want everything i see of the game in video to have been played. when you open up modding and code then people can abuse and program what they want into the original game...

i meant i dont want the game to be fucked with. i want everything i see of the game in video to have been played. when you open up modding and code then people can abuse and program what they want into the original game...
    again, who gives a crap what people do with their game. no one would force you to mod it. I understand there are a lot of stupid fucking mods out there for some games.

look at the top mods for fallout new vegas right now tho, they are pretty cool.

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/

new face texture to make the dude more ugly, new weapons, new animals, a quest mod that adds hours of gameplay. There are thousands of mods. All free.
    Mods are bloody amazing. There are stupid mods too for these games. Armour that makes female characters wear next to nothing and have bigger boobs. I dont download those. Not that Im against boobs, but it ruins the grit and atmosphere of the game.

if modding became commonplace, how would you know if people were actually doing tricks in their videos? i know modding doesnt mean people will be fraudulently doing tricks more easily, it IS a concern of mine. i dont want there to be an "i don't know" area...as in i dont know if he actually did that trick or programmed it in....would you play tiger against people that were modding? Skate. is a community and i dont want imposters

Steam
    LowKeyIndustries
    XBL
    SteezOner

if modding became commonplace, how would you know if people were actually doing tricks in their videos? i know modding doesnt mean people will be fraudulently doing tricks more easily, it IS a concern of mine. i dont want there to be an "i don't know" area...as in i dont know if he actually did that trick or programmed it in....would you play tiger against people that were modding? Skate. is a community and i dont want imposters
    I feel you. I didn't really factor shit like that in.

I just figured we'd be the only people using the mods really, and for the most part we all have the same interests at heart. I think programming tricks would take the fun away anyways. I was thinking about adding things, not making things easier to do.

Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    I want a city to be absolutely covered with scooter kids, like pigeons or rats, and if you hit just one of them, their parents run over and break your board and you can only play the game again when you purchase another 'online pass', aka a new deck, at 49.99, minimum!

XBL
    Stokenstein

Regardless, someone needs to make some new, legit looking terrain and figure out how to get that on my Xbox, k thanks.

again, if someone wants to pretend to be good at the game, I dont give a shit. Let them be fake fucks so their e-penis and get erect. It doesn't effect me, or how I play the game and how I make videos.

Your not even considering all the amazing things mods would bring to the game. How much better people could make CAPs. Way to focused on one little thing that would come from it. Whole new models for clothing. People could add more pros. Complete new areas of city, not just cap. There are tons of these for fallout

Mabye I can show you some mods that completely changes the game of fallout for me.

this adds around 70 new monsters - http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/42136
    this adds 63 new guns - http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/37002
    this adds 114 new locations - http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/38719

I could go on.

Furthermore, if it was on PC, do uploading to the ea server. then downloading to your PC. you could generate the footage right to your harddrive. This would cut the filming process time in half. And we would never have to worry of the servers dying

So a few retards will cheat. Laa Dee Frickin Daw.

Ayreon - I do agree with a lot of your points, such as CAPs. However, I am not convinced that you understand the impact of something like this on the video-making community. I am personally not a part of it anymore, I play the game just for fun. But I know that a huge factor of the video making experience is to show off. You want people to see your creative tricks. You want people to see your perfectly executed bangers. The very joy of watching a video for me comes from the 'wow, you can actually do that in this game?' moment. If that is taken away, videos will become boring to me (and probably a lot of others).

Steam
    LowKeyIndustries
    XBL
    SteezOner

I was mainly thinking of a hardcore mode for the first two Skate. games. I feel like that would be rad. Anything else would be hard as fuck to do.

But if it got really crazy we could make an option 2 for custom shirts, add hair for beanies, shit like that.

Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    I want a city to be absolutely covered with scooter kids, like pigeons or rats, and if you hit just one of them, their parents run over and break your board and you can only play the game again when you purchase another 'online pass', aka a new deck, at 49.99, minimum!