Thread: Interesting Little Trick involving resetting all props.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    Perhaps make a raised box of sorts, holding up a pile of beach balls, and reset whatever you use as the floor of the box, making the beachballs all rain down?

I'm pretty sure that would work, however there aren't that many big, tall objects that you can move with your skater. I'm not exactly sure, but i'm pretty sure if you move an object (e.g. a shipping container) with the object dropper again, it will gain a new initial position and just reset to that place. but if you were to do that with a large decked quarterpipe it would work for sure, it just isnt as impressive. i'm still not sure why one beachball reset to its position in the sky, but when i put down 10 in the air they had an initial position on the ground. weird.

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by Boris Magee View Post
    I'm pretty sure that would work, however there aren't that many big, tall objects that you can move with your skater. I'm not exactly sure, but i'm pretty sure if you move an object (e.g. a shipping container) with the object dropper again, it will gain a new initial position and just reset to that place. but if you were to do that with a large decked quarterpipe it would work for sure, it just isnt as impressive. i'm still not sure why one beachball reset to its position in the sky, but when i put down 10 in the air they had an initial position on the ground. weird.
    Build it all in one go with the dropper, just use stacked boxes and plywood for the floor of the box :0
    The artist formerly known as Luft

That's the thing though - if you build it all in one go, all of the objects would stay in that place where you placed them upon resetting.

I give up on this video thing. This is difficult.

I played with this a little bit, like you mentioned before with the beach balls dropping, but it just didn't look good to me. In order for me to time the beach balls to fall after I hit a rail previous to resetting the props, they were scattered all over the ground so you could see them everywhere, if I put it into a clip, it would have looked ridiculous with all of them disappearing and re-appearing. I think that's why I don't dig this as a whole, having an object just completely disappear and be somewhere else in the middle of a clip. The idea of it is cool, but the presentation seems wack, I really don't want to say it's 'not realistic,' cause I don't give a shit about being realistic, but the only way I see this trick fitting into a video is if you make it 'portal' themed, I guess...I'm dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

yeah, with the raining beachballs idea you really have to be sneaky with the camera and obscure them on the ground.
    and yeah it really was just a 'woah, thats clever' thing
    there are a lot of uses for it if you get in the mood for it ghough