Thread: Vote for skate 4 !

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

i'm sure with EA's microtransaction strategy we'd have to buy boards,clothes,maps,etc. in DLC bundles if they made Skate 4.
    probably have a bare minimum of options unless you buy them.

Chief Alcohol Strategist momadaddy's Avatar
    PSN
    momadaddy
    XBL
    momadaddy

i think the controls are super important to a skate sim and ea owns the patent to the analog based control scheme. i don'r know if i can go back to button mashing.

"Your friendship with xi SATORI ix has been broken"

In a constant state of being pulled down to HELL!!!
    Steam
    Captain Dionysus
    PSN
    Never
    XBL
    Mark Murderous
    Wii
    Why? Is there a Skate It Community?

I told them to sell the rights.

PSN
    Dzyne9
    XBL
    Fear_the_Cupcake

Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i think the controls are super important to a skate sim and ea owns the patent to the analog based control scheme. i don'r know if i can go back to button mashing.
    Can anyone really own a control mechanism such as a movement on an analog stick?
    seems like that would give the right to gran turismo developers to say that they have a patent on steering with the left analog stick.

or for infinity ward and treyarch to get in a battle over who owns the rights to using LB to aim down the sights of a gun in an fps.
    Im sure you cant call it flickit, they can patent a term for a control scheme, but i dont think the movements themselves.

If thats the case i would like to formally announce my patent pending for using circle to go back in a menu screen.
    Gorilla Kult & The Devd Stck Collective

PSN
    SolidMojo

Quote Originally Posted by Dzyne9 View Post
    Can anyone really own a control mechanism such as a movement on an analog stick?
    seems like that would give the right to gran turismo developers to say that they have a patent on steering with the left analog stick.

or for infinity ward and treyarch to get in a battle over who owns the rights to using LB to aim down the sights of a gun in an fps.
    Im sure you cant call it flickit, they can patent a term for a control scheme, but i dont think the movements themselves.

If thats the case i would like to formally announce my patent pending for using circle to go back in a menu screen.
    This is what I've been thinking everytime I hear "patent".

I'm just biding my time for next-gen, if I dont have a ps4 when theres a skate game, I'm having one the day its released.
    The taste of metal, Disintegrator.

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by Dzyne9 View Post

People don't understand how this works. They have the patent because they claimed it before anyone else had the chance to have the idea, and it's very specific. Ironsights COULD HAVE been patented in games if another game didn't use it before they got the chance.
    The artist formerly known as Luft

Y'all seem confident that EA actually owns the patent on the Flickit control scheme...
    likebuttermag.com
    XBL: BladderBoy
    PSN: TheLikeButterGuy
    Steam: monthackma

EA owns the name "Flickit" but not the control. Stoked used it, BMX game will use it too.

PSN
    nigarachi_sijupo

Quote Originally Posted by Goon_Panda View Post
    EA owns the name "Flickit" but not the control. Stoked used it, BMX game will use it too.
    In tony hawks american wasteland in order to do bike tricks you actually had to flick the right analog stick...so EA didnt exactly come up with the idea out of the blue
    BREAST MILK MADE ME STRONG